• 917 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 08:50 PM

Posted Image

PRODUCTION TEAM:
Leaf Studios
-Kilik 64
-Kakashifan
-Frigg

STORY: This game uses an original story based around the Naruto universe. It takes place in the nation of Kyouseikagure, the unified land of the Five Shinobi Nations. The Fourth Ninja War erupts, with three different sides. Team 1 consists of the residents of Leaf Village (which has become the capital of Kyouseikagure) and are fighting to potect the peace of their kingdom. Team 2 consists of ninja that live amongst the smaller villages, and are fighting because of the extreme class gap that has developed between those in the five greatest cities (the Five Ninja villages) and everyone else in the country. Team 3 consists of ninja from the future (basically, the shippuden characters) fighting both sides to prevent the war from bringing about the annihilation of the entire country.

CHARACTERS: Each team consists of 11 members, making a grand total of 33 playable characters. The full roster can be found here.

GAMEPLAY: This game is meant to play much like the hack n' slash series Dynasty Warriors. You run around on the map overworld, chasing down enemies. Then, in the battle mode, you singlehanded break through wave after wave of bad guys. What will start as a handful will end up as dozens before the game is over. You will fight them in a variety of locales, from the streets of the Leaf Village to the vast deserts of the Land of Wind. Your goal is to be the ultimate ninja, the one man army that changes the tide of war for your army.

To enter battles, you simply get near opponents and activate the battle key. If there are enemies within your range box (size differs for some characters), than all enemies and allies are drawn into battle. After defeating all opponents, you go back to the overworld and continue the level. If you are defeated, well... that's not something you want to happen. Allies and enemies can fight each other on the overworld. You must enter battle mode to fight.

A system new to the second demo allows you to give commands to your allies. You cannot control exactly what they do, but you can order them to charge and attack the nearest enemy, move to a location of your choice, or follow you. You use this by pressing W to bring up the command cursor, then dragging a box over the character you want.

SCREENSHOTS:
Naruto Empires Beta Title Screen.
The Overwold.
Kakashi Gathering Energy...
Sasuke's Level Two Special: Pheonix Flower!

CONTROLS:
Menu:
---Enter - Select Game Mode
---A - Select Team and Character
---W - Deslect Team and Character
---Arrow Keys - Cycle through choices
Overworld:
---Arrow Keys - Movement
---A - Enter Battle with nearby opponents/Select ally commands
---W - Ally Command System
Battle:
---W - Select Special Move(Push button 1, 2, or 3 times or Special Move level 1-3 respectively)
---A - Attack/Aerial Attack/Use Special Move
---D - Throw Kunai
---C - Charge energy
---Arrow Keys - Movement/Jump (up to 3 times depending on character and items/powerups)

SPECIAL MOVES: You push W, then A. The number of times you push W corresponds to which level special attack. Sasuke will be used as an example.

W, A - Lion Combo. Sasuke warps to the closest opponent and does a powerful series of strikes on them.
W, W, A - Pheonix Flower. Sasuke unleashes a barrage of fireballs.
W, W, W, A - Chidori . Sasuke gathers electricity into his hand, then charges at his enemy and pierces them with it.

DEMO 1: This demo contains one level with two enemies and one ally. The three selectable characters are Kakashi (Team 1), Sasuke (Team 2), and TS Naruto (Team 3). Click here to download demo 1.

DEMO 2: This demo contains TS Naruto as both the playable and enemies. Your allies are common ninja. It has one level, but showcases the enhanced engine in both fighting and ally command system. Click here to download demo 2.

DEMO 3: Demo 2 has a bug that caused the game to crash after a certain amount of playtime. It has been fixed in demo 3. There are also four new characters from Team 3. Click here to play demo 3.

GAME DEVELOPMENT FORUM: http://narutoempires...g.com/index.htm

MAP MAKER: I thought some people might find it fun to play around with the map maker we are using. With all of the tiles available, you can make lots of impressive things, both large and small. Feel free to PM me any cool maps and they might just end as extra mission maps. Just make sure that you save the map using Ctrl+S and NOT the Save button. Click here to download.

Edited by Kilik 64, 08 February 2010 - 09:09 PM.

#2 Shadow Sage

Shadow Sage

GMC Member

• 7 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 09:13 PM

This looks like a nice game, I am downloading now...

-Shadow Sage-

#3 Kilik 64

Kilik 64

Fire Emblem King

• 917 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 01:01 AM

I added an explanation of how to do special moves. So, your thoughts?

#4 Itachifan

Itachifan

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 765 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 27 October 2008 - 10:04 PM

This is game awesome! I know, I helped make it! Hahaha......anyway, it's sad that I only see a few DL's here. We do need to fix a few things however:

the health bar should be green.

Your teammate should be a different color from the enimes.

#5 Kilik 64

Kilik 64

Fire Emblem King

• 917 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 12:55 AM

The health bar will be a seperate color, and the teammates will be different colors from enemies.

#6 Itachifan

Itachifan

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 765 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 10:53 PM

I just noticed something.The title screen says "Naruto Empire". Shouldn't it say "Naruto Empires"?

#7 shattereddreams

shattereddreams

GMC Member

• 148 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 08:56 AM

won't let me select anyone :)

#8 Kilik 64

Kilik 64

Fire Emblem King

• 917 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 02:31 PM

You couldn't select Kakashi, Sasuke, or TS Naruto? (the only three playable right now)

#9 shattereddreams

shattereddreams

GMC Member

• 148 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 06:54 PM

You couldn't select Kakashi, Sasuke, or TS Naruto? (the only three playable right now)

Oh that's proboly why then.... I'll try again....

EDIT: It works now. But, you might wanna change the style of how everything looks cuz it doesn't match the naruto universe.

Edited by shattereddreams, 03 November 2008 - 08:33 PM.

#10 Kilik 64

Kilik 64

Fire Emblem King

• 917 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 01:12 AM

How does it "not match"?

#11 Itachifan

Itachifan

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 765 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 08:02 PM

It matches fine.............what in the world are you talking about shatteredreams? They are from Ninja Council style games........

#12 Eklund8492

Eklund8492

GMC Member

• 109 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 08:29 PM

Pretty good although i'm not a fan of naruto :P.
No offense, but aren't the 'Overworld' tiles and characters ripped from the game boy advance game "Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones" ?

Well anyway keep it up!

~~Eklund8492

#13 Frigg

Frigg

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 107 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 11 November 2008 - 10:02 PM

I think he means that the overworld doesn't match, but everything else should. And yes they were from a Fire Emblem GBA game, not sure which one though.

#14 Kilik 64

Kilik 64

Fire Emblem King

• 917 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 03:06 AM

It's the overworld of a demo. It doesn't need to look anything like anthing from the series.

#15 shattereddreams

shattereddreams

GMC Member

• 148 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 10:20 PM

Pretty good although i'm not a fan of naruto ;).
No offense, but aren't the 'Overworld' tiles and characters ripped from the game boy advance game "Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones" ?

Well anyway keep it up!

~~Eklund8492

this is what I meant by that it didn't match.

#16 Kilik 64

Kilik 64

Fire Emblem King

• 917 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 11:14 PM

There is no Naruto game with the overworlds, so we haven't much other choice.

#17 Itachifan

Itachifan

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 765 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 04:40 PM

Exactly.if we could find someone who could rip us a tile set from one of the Naruto RPG games, then we could use that.......

#18 Kilik 64

Kilik 64

Fire Emblem King

• 917 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 07:42 PM

Even then, we'd still need lots of stuff made for the game. It's easier to just use all the stuff form FE6-8.

#19 Itachifan

Itachifan

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 765 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 12:26 AM

You think we should put up the next demo's expected release date?

#20 Kilik 64

Kilik 64

Fire Emblem King

• 917 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 06:32 PM

We don't have one.

#21 Ampersand

Ampersand

Greatest boolean of all

• 796 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 04:41 AM

Ohemgee i dlzed mainlee cuz teh banner dizn't haz teh reel lohgoh wit a crappeh Windohs fawnt.

Oh woah, I keep talking in Lolspeek tonight. I dunno why, but it's fun :)

Definitely liked it. Definitely could use some work. More matching sprites maybe. But your on your way.

Cool Show + Cool Game + Cool Idea + Paradox = Cooler Game

Keep up the good work :(

---Ampersand

#22 cormag19

cormag19

GMC Member

• 3 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 04:44 AM

i love fire emblem games so i think this might be a good game

Edited by cormag19, 27 November 2008 - 04:45 AM.

#23 kadell

kadell

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 164 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 11:34 PM

I like this game. Good work. Can't wait for the final version.

#24 Kilik 64

Kilik 64

Fire Emblem King

• 917 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 01:55 PM

Here's the character list for the second demo. Five charactes per team out of the eleven total, and one playable stage for each team. That's for Campaign mode. In free mode, you can play any stage with any character, which may or may not be in the secodn demo.

Team 1
-Kakashi
-Naruto
-Tsunade
-Choji
-Shino

Team 2
-Orochimaru
-Kabuto
-Sasuke
-Tayuya
-Gaara

Team 3
-Jiraiya
-TS Naruto
-TS Sakura
-Itachi
-Kisame

Edited by Kilik 64, 07 December 2008 - 01:55 PM.

#25 Kilik 64

Kilik 64

Fire Emblem King

• 917 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 03:57 AM

I thought some people might find it fun to play around with the map maker we are using. With all of the tiles available, you can make lots of impressive things, both large and small. Feel free to PM me any cool maps and they might just end as extra mission maps. Just make sure that you save the map using Ctrl+S. Click here to download.

#26 Itachifan

Itachifan

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 765 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 05:51 PM

The map maker does not work. It gave me "Unexpected error while loading" when I tried to run it.

#27 Kilik 64

Kilik 64

Fire Emblem King

• 917 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:28 AM

....Dunno what to tell you. Works fine for me.

#28 Titanium

Titanium

the perfectionist

• GMC Member
  • 1138 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 12:07 AM

If you need help on this game you can P.M me. Although, I might not be the best person for a game that's so far into the design. Hmmm....... It's up to you.

#29 Itachifan

Itachifan

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 765 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 12:17 AM

Don't post things like that in here. Use the PM system.

EDIT: I mean the help is appreciated but

1. Those kinds of things belong in the Team Requests forum,don't they??
2. Only post if you need to offer criticism/ praise, hate suggestions and game ideas..

3.PM Kilik with that kind of stuff and he will see if we can fit you in anywhere. I think we have enough members working on this right now. It all depends.

Edited by Itachifan, 02 February 2009 - 12:21 AM.

#30 icey

icey

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 08:23 AM

There [is a game with a naruto overworld, path of the ninja :whistle: (for DS). You would think the guy with the naruto avatar and quote would have played the rpg Naruto, pah :(.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users