• 917 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 08:50 PM

Posted Image

PRODUCTION TEAM:
Leaf Studios
-Kilik 64
-Kakashifan
-Frigg

STORY: This game uses an original story based around the Naruto universe. It takes place in the nation of Kyouseikagure, the unified land of the Five Shinobi Nations. The Fourth Ninja War erupts, with three different sides. Team 1 consists of the residents of Leaf Village (which has become the capital of Kyouseikagure) and are fighting to potect the peace of their kingdom. Team 2 consists of ninja that live amongst the smaller villages, and are fighting because of the extreme class gap that has developed between those in the five greatest cities (the Five Ninja villages) and everyone else in the country. Team 3 consists of ninja from the future (basically, the shippuden characters) fighting both sides to prevent the war from bringing about the annihilation of the entire country.

CHARACTERS: Each team consists of 11 members, making a grand total of 33 playable characters. The full roster can be found here.

GAMEPLAY: This game is meant to play much like the hack n' slash series Dynasty Warriors. You run around on the map overworld, chasing down enemies. Then, in the battle mode, you singlehanded break through wave after wave of bad guys. What will start as a handful will end up as dozens before the game is over. You will fight them in a variety of locales, from the streets of the Leaf Village to the vast deserts of the Land of Wind. Your goal is to be the ultimate ninja, the one man army that changes the tide of war for your army.

To enter battles, you simply get near opponents and activate the battle key. If there are enemies within your range box (size differs for some characters), than all enemies and allies are drawn into battle. After defeating all opponents, you go back to the overworld and continue the level. If you are defeated, well... that's not something you want to happen. Allies and enemies can fight each other on the overworld. You must enter battle mode to fight.

A system new to the second demo allows you to give commands to your allies. You cannot control exactly what they do, but you can order them to charge and attack the nearest enemy, move to a location of your choice, or follow you. You use this by pressing W to bring up the command cursor, then dragging a box over the character you want.

SCREENSHOTS:
Naruto Empires Beta Title Screen.
The Overwold.
Kakashi Gathering Energy...
Sasuke's Level Two Special: Pheonix Flower!

CONTROLS:
Menu:
---Enter - Select Game Mode
---A - Select Team and Character
---W - Deslect Team and Character
---Arrow Keys - Cycle through choices
Overworld:
---Arrow Keys - Movement
---A - Enter Battle with nearby opponents/Select ally commands
---W - Ally Command System
Battle:
---W - Select Special Move(Push button 1, 2, or 3 times or Special Move level 1-3 respectively)
---A - Attack/Aerial Attack/Use Special Move
---D - Throw Kunai
---C - Charge energy
---Arrow Keys - Movement/Jump (up to 3 times depending on character and items/powerups)

SPECIAL MOVES: You push W, then A. The number of times you push W corresponds to which level special attack. Sasuke will be used as an example.

W, A - Lion Combo. Sasuke warps to the closest opponent and does a powerful series of strikes on them.
W, W, A - Pheonix Flower. Sasuke unleashes a barrage of fireballs.
W, W, W, A - Chidori . Sasuke gathers electricity into his hand, then charges at his enemy and pierces them with it.

DEMO 1: This demo contains one level with two enemies and one ally. The three selectable characters are Kakashi (Team 1), Sasuke (Team 2), and TS Naruto (Team 3). Click here to download demo 1.

DEMO 2: This demo contains TS Naruto as both the playable and enemies. Your allies are common ninja. It has one level, but showcases the enhanced engine in both fighting and ally command system. Click here to download demo 2.

DEMO 3: Demo 2 has a bug that caused the game to crash after a certain amount of playtime. It has been fixed in demo 3. There are also four new characters from Team 3. Click here to play demo 3.

GAME DEVELOPMENT FORUM: http://narutoempires...g.com/index.htm

MAP MAKER: I thought some people might find it fun to play around with the map maker we are using. With all of the tiles available, you can make lots of impressive things, both large and small. Feel free to PM me any cool maps and they might just end as extra mission maps. Just make sure that you save the map using Ctrl+S and NOT the Save button. Click here to download.

Edited by Kilik 64, 08 February 2010 - 09:09 PM.

#2 Shadow Sage

Shadow Sage

GMC Member

• 7 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 09:13 PM

This looks like a nice game, I am downloading now...

-Shadow Sage-

#3 Kilik 64

Kilik 64

Fire Emblem King

• 917 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 01:01 AM

I added an explanation of how to do special moves. So, your thoughts?

#4 Itachifan

Itachifan

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 765 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 27 October 2008 - 10:04 PM

This is game awesome! I know, I helped make it! Hahaha......anyway, it's sad that I only see a few DL's here. We do need to fix a few things however:

the health bar should be green.

Your teammate should be a different color from the enimes.

"A cute girl stopped me on the way, so I danced."-Kakashi Hatake

My Youtube Account. I do Let's Plays!

My LiveStream Account

#5 Kilik 64

Kilik 64

Fire Emblem King

• 917 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 12:55 AM

The health bar will be a seperate color, and the teammates will be different colors from enemies.

#6 Itachifan

Itachifan

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 765 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 10:53 PM

I just noticed something.The title screen says "Naruto Empire". Shouldn't it say "Naruto Empires"?

My LiveStream Account

#7 shattereddreams

shattereddreams

GMC Member

• 148 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 08:56 AM

won't let me select anyone :)

#8 Kilik 64

Kilik 64

Fire Emblem King

• 917 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 02:31 PM

You couldn't select Kakashi, Sasuke, or TS Naruto? (the only three playable right now)

#9 shattereddreams

shattereddreams

GMC Member

• 148 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 06:54 PM

You couldn't select Kakashi, Sasuke, or TS Naruto? (the only three playable right now)

Oh that's proboly why then.... I'll try again....

EDIT: It works now. But, you might wanna change the style of how everything looks cuz it doesn't match the naruto universe.

Edited by shattereddreams, 03 November 2008 - 08:33 PM.

#10 Kilik 64

Kilik 64

Fire Emblem King

• 917 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 01:12 AM

How does it "not match"?

#11 Itachifan

Itachifan

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 765 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 08:02 PM

It matches fine.............what in the world are you talking about shatteredreams? They are from Ninja Council style games........

My LiveStream Account

#12 Eklund8492

Eklund8492

GMC Member

• 109 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 08:29 PM

Pretty good although i'm not a fan of naruto :P.
No offense, but aren't the 'Overworld' tiles and characters ripped from the game boy advance game "Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones" ?

Well anyway keep it up!

~~Eklund8492

#13 Frigg

Frigg

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 111 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 11 November 2008 - 10:02 PM

I think he means that the overworld doesn't match, but everything else should. And yes they were from a Fire Emblem GBA game, not sure which one though.

Check out my Android Airhockey Game. Google Play

#14 Kilik 64

Kilik 64

Fire Emblem King

• 917 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 03:06 AM

It's the overworld of a demo. It doesn't need to look anything like anthing from the series.

#15 shattereddreams

shattereddreams

GMC Member

• 148 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 10:20 PM

Pretty good although i'm not a fan of naruto ;).
No offense, but aren't the 'Overworld' tiles and characters ripped from the game boy advance game "Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones" ?

Well anyway keep it up!

~~Eklund8492

this is what I meant by that it didn't match.

#16 Kilik 64

Kilik 64

Fire Emblem King

• 917 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 11:14 PM

There is no Naruto game with the overworlds, so we haven't much other choice.

#17 Itachifan

Itachifan

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 765 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 04:40 PM

Exactly.if we could find someone who could rip us a tile set from one of the Naruto RPG games, then we could use that.......

My LiveStream Account

#18 Kilik 64

Kilik 64

Fire Emblem King

• 917 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 07:42 PM

Even then, we'd still need lots of stuff made for the game. It's easier to just use all the stuff form FE6-8.

#19 Itachifan

Itachifan

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 765 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 12:26 AM

You think we should put up the next demo's expected release date?

My LiveStream Account

#20 Kilik 64

Kilik 64

Fire Emblem King

• 917 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 06:32 PM

We don't have one.

#21 Ampersand

Ampersand

Greatest boolean of all

• 796 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 04:41 AM

Ohemgee i dlzed mainlee cuz teh banner dizn't haz teh reel lohgoh wit a crappeh Windohs fawnt.

Oh woah, I keep talking in Lolspeek tonight. I dunno why, but it's fun :)

Definitely liked it. Definitely could use some work. More matching sprites maybe. But your on your way.

Cool Show + Cool Game + Cool Idea + Paradox = Cooler Game

Keep up the good work :(

---Ampersand

Posted Image
(0.1.6)

#22 cormag19

cormag19

GMC Member

• 3 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 04:44 AM

i love fire emblem games so i think this might be a good game

Edited by cormag19, 27 November 2008 - 04:45 AM.

#23 kadell

kadell

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 165 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 11:34 PM

I like this game. Good work. Can't wait for the final version.

#24 Kilik 64

Kilik 64

Fire Emblem King

• 917 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 01:55 PM

Here's the character list for the second demo. Five charactes per team out of the eleven total, and one playable stage for each team. That's for Campaign mode. In free mode, you can play any stage with any character, which may or may not be in the secodn demo.

Team 1
-Kakashi
-Naruto
-Tsunade
-Choji
-Shino

Team 2
-Orochimaru
-Kabuto
-Sasuke
-Tayuya
-Gaara

Team 3
-Jiraiya
-TS Naruto
-TS Sakura
-Itachi
-Kisame

Edited by Kilik 64, 07 December 2008 - 01:55 PM.

#25 Kilik 64

Kilik 64

Fire Emblem King

• 917 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 03:57 AM

I thought some people might find it fun to play around with the map maker we are using. With all of the tiles available, you can make lots of impressive things, both large and small. Feel free to PM me any cool maps and they might just end as extra mission maps. Just make sure that you save the map using Ctrl+S. Click here to download.

#26 Itachifan

Itachifan

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 765 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 05:51 PM

The map maker does not work. It gave me "Unexpected error while loading" when I tried to run it.

My LiveStream Account

#27 Kilik 64

Kilik 64

Fire Emblem King

• 917 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:28 AM

....Dunno what to tell you. Works fine for me.

#28 Titanium

Titanium

the perfectionist

• GMC Member
  • 1166 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 12:07 AM

If you need help on this game you can P.M me. Although, I might not be the best person for a game that's so far into the design. Hmmm....... It's up to you.
ljrk.png
Please Play My Games.

#29 Itachifan

Itachifan

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 765 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 12:17 AM

Don't post things like that in here. Use the PM system.

EDIT: I mean the help is appreciated but

1. Those kinds of things belong in the Team Requests forum,don't they??
2. Only post if you need to offer criticism/ praise, hate suggestions and game ideas..

3.PM Kilik with that kind of stuff and he will see if we can fit you in anywhere. I think we have enough members working on this right now. It all depends.

Edited by Itachifan, 02 February 2009 - 12:21 AM.

My LiveStream Account

#30 icey

icey

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 08:23 AM

There [is a game with a naruto overworld, path of the ninja :whistle: (for DS). You would think the guy with the naruto avatar and quote would have played the rpg Naruto, pah :(.

#31 Itachifan

Itachifan

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 765 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 01:13 AM

There is no rip for it yet. And its very small, not enough of what we need for this huge game. And I have played Path of the Ninja: both 1 and 2!

My LiveStream Account

#32 Zarthas

Zarthas

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 845 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:30 AM

I'm a huge fan of this underdeveloped Genre, though I'm only vaguely familiar with Naruto. The overworld system is pretty well made, allowing you to avoid fights but you may incur damage and whatnot. Allowing you to engage in battles between other enemies and your allies is very cool. I can see you've actually started a Terrain system too! Will be very awesome to see this in action when there's objectives and lots of enemies and allies running about. Seems to me though some 'ninja-ish' abilities for the overworld map would be appropriate, but I'm sure that's occurred to you.

The combat system itself actually isn't bad either, I understand that this is a beta, but adding some variety to the actual Battle Maps, platforms and whatnot, would liven them up considerably I think. Also it seems you were intending some emphasis on Aerial combat, as you have 3 jumps, but there's no juggling!

All in all though, I'm seriously watching this one. It has the potential to be really, really awesome.

Edit: Couple quick suggestions after playing through again though.

1) Make Enemies have Red Health Bars. Gets confusing when your buddy is helping you.
2) I'm sure you know this, but there's no Pathing for the poor enemies. He kept trying to run through a wall at my ally on the world map.
3) My ally was allowed to join a fight I started even though there was a huge wall between us.

Edited by Zarthas, 05 February 2009 - 12:35 AM.

#33 Kilik 64

Kilik 64

Fire Emblem King

• 917 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 12:22 AM

-Thanks a bunch for the optimism. As far as Naruto goes, the story is new, so you don't have watch the series to know what is going on. And we're going to do our best to make the game approachable for non-Naruto fans.
-The platforms and stuff wil be in the second demo.
-I'd need to think about how to include ninja abilities into the overworld.
-Well, your buddy will always be a completely different outfit color, so telling friends from foes will be easy.

There [is a game with a naruto overworld, path of the ninja :) (for DS). You would think the guy with the naruto avatar and quote would have played the rpg Naruto, pah :P.

There are next to no rips for the game, and even then would would have to sprite a bunch of extra characters and maps, something we aren't capable of doing.

#34 Kale_Ryuu

Kale_Ryuu

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 544 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 12:02 AM

The Team Line Ups are a bit confusing?

if they are suppose to be like the Universe... aren't they a little out of place?

why not

Team 1: Major Village Characters
Naruto
Kakashi
Tsunade
Jiraiya
Gaara
Rocklee
Others from the leaf and sand

Team 2 : Sub Village Characters
Orochimaru
Sasuke
Kabuto
Sound 5
sound ninja
snake?

Team 3 : Time Skip (Don't even know why they are here???)
TS Naruto
TS Sasuke
TS Sakura
TS else...

I'd put more thought into it...

but if you get things figured out... i might be able to do some overworld sprites for characters...
as for a map... I have no idea how or where exactly this will happen... anyway... I'm going to download it... and see how it plays...

EDIT: Okay So I downloaded the demo... here are my thoughts...

The Character Select... It was nicely setup... maybe floating letters that say A: Select W:Deselect... it helps for when you don't feel like guessing or looking back to the fourm... but all in all I liked it! only thing is... when you highlight a character... they should move or when you select them... that way it gives more detail and a cool effect...

Overworld Gameplay: I enjoyed the running around... collision kind of got to me... and the fact that my ally ran into a wall and didn't know how to go around it was like "FAIL" made me a little sad... I was disappointed that your ally was a sound ninja as well as the enemies...
I'm not going to conflict the tiles... other people did... and they shouldn't of... it was a demo to show gameplay... not graphics... (PM me if you want me to help with these overworld graphics =]) (>.> itachifan... i don't care if it doesn't go here)
overworld enemy attacking could use a slight change... the attack effect was huge and the only way i could tell if he was hitting me was watching my health go down... maybe the character can flash white and red when hit in the overworld?
the battle range box... maybe a custom from the actual game... make it not so... cut off the rest of the world... i liked the feel of that... but the gaint dark border was a little annoying... maybe the box can zoom in? or the screen can zoom in?

Battle Mode:
well played... i like it... wish i could nab a source code...
Pros:
smooth movement
charging is fast and simple
attacking is simple...
specials are executed nicely
character taunts when they win!
Cons:
when you jump alot around and your ally is with you... it can cause a glitch... your ally and an enemy will jump up and down after each other repeatedly... giving you time to charge chakra and keep distance...
healthbars... can the players be blue... allies blue... enemies red? partial transparent?
chakra will stay if you are punched as TsNaruto
TsNaruto's 2nd and 3rd special are extremly close range...
special attack time don't vary... maybe 2nd and 3rd should take longer...
kakashi's 1st move does more damage than the 2nd... special... 3rd special made him faster and jump extremly high? on purpose?
kakashi's 2nd special gave me poor collision...
sasuke's 1st special just holds the character still as he kicks... can he enemy move a little more? like it hurts him?
Kakashi's chakra stays as he his hit...
GUARD? DEFENSE? BLOCK? FLEE?

just because I have alot of cons... does not mean i didn't enjoy it... I LOVED IT! just needs work...
and I see that this topic has died since... too long now... =/

oh well... maybe you will come back...

Kale

Edited by Kale_Ryuu, 10 May 2009 - 06:16 AM.

Conatact me @ Kale_Nakamaru@yahoo.com

#35 Itachifan

Itachifan

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 765 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 09:42 PM

We will definitely take all of your points into consideration for the next demo. We are currently working on fixing the engine, as we did not like how the old one plays, so we are busy adding new characters to it from the few we already have in this demo.

Edited by Itachifan, 13 May 2009 - 09:42 PM.

My LiveStream Account

#36 Kilik 64

Kilik 64

Fire Emblem King

• 917 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 08:58 AM

The vast majority of your issues have already been addressed with new and improved battle engine, which I think we will post just to get some life flowing back into this and get some more updated feedback.

#37 Kilik 64

Kilik 64

Fire Emblem King

• 917 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 05:53 PM

Ok, Leaf Studios is proud to present the newest version of Naruto: Empires. DEMO 3!!!!!

Also, replaced map maker link because it died. This one might be a newer version, but not sure what was up before.

Edited by Kilik 64, 16 May 2009 - 06:56 PM.

#38 Itachifan

Itachifan

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 765 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 02:27 AM

We are still working on this project, we are having difficulty in meeting up with each other as often as we like, so updates and such may be a little slow. We apologize for that, but hope you will still continue to support us nonetheless.

My LiveStream Account

#39 Kale_Ryuu

Kale_Ryuu

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 544 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 06:49 AM

this better be on... And just when I thought my computer was fixed the internet goes out and I'm stuck on my wifes laptop for internet... again... sigh
Conatact me @ Kale_Nakamaru@yahoo.com

#40 Kilik 64

Kilik 64

Fire Emblem King

• 917 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 05:15 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=xybRiWJd61E

Advertising video for the game.

#41 Itachifan

Itachifan

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 765 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 12:51 AM

We are having difficultly with some parts of the engine, but I am pretty sure the project has not died yet. Most of the team is still active and wants to post a new demo ASAP but school and/or college is getting in the way of development and meetings/discussion on updates from the other members and the like.

My LiveStream Account

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users