13 replies to this topic

#1 Saijee

Saijee

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 2443 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 25 October 2008 - 03:42 PM

Is there even a story to the games? From the fan work that I have seen it looks more like it is just a bunch of cute girls that like to blast the exclamation-point out of each other with super powerful assaults.

Edited by Saijee, 18 June 2011 - 06:25 PM.

#2 Saijee

Saijee

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 2443 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 11:31 AM

Am I the only one on this community that knows about Project Touhou?

#3 Shadow Link

Shadow Link

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1606 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 03:50 AM

Not quite. Although, I don't think you'll find many others. I apologize however, I only have the Japanese(?) version of Subterranean Animism, and can't read it. But, I did find this (though, you might have already stumbled upon them):

http://en.wikipedia..../Touhou_Project
http://touhou.wikia....iki/Touhou_Wiki

Sorry for not being of much help. :huh:

#4 Saijee

Saijee

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 2443 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 12:00 PM

Yea I seen those, It might just be that I am not thouraly looking through them, but it seems like they are telling you what it is, not what it's about. I already know what it is, I just don't know exactly what it's about.

#5 Wirodeu

Wirodeu

Axel the Dark Hero

• GMC Member
  • 615 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 04:51 PM

www.doujinstyle.com -- You can download the Touhou games here and see for yourself.
Also note that the games by ZUN have the official story; all fan-based songs (IOSYS), pictures and games are not official. Songs like 'Marisa stole the precious thing' which obviously suggests that Alice and Marisa are lesbian are not official. (But that doesn't make the songs less fun! :rolleyes:)

Edited by Wirodeu, 09 November 2008 - 04:53 PM.

#6 soul & heart

soul & heart

GMC Member

• 1128 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 06:35 PM

Aparently yopu are the only one that know of project touhou. What is that anyway?

#7 sword spriter

sword spriter

GMC Member

• Validating
  • 217 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 06:37 PM

Not quite. Although, I don't think you'll find many others. I apologize however, I only have the Japanese(?) version of Subterranean Animism, and can't read it. But, I did find this (though, you might have already stumbled upon them):

http://en.wikipedia..../Touhou_Project
http://touhou.wikia....iki/Touhou_Wiki

Sorry for not being of much help. :lol:

Not to be offensive or hurt your filling but that doesn' help him. ;)

#8 Nova

Nova

GMC Member

• 405 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 08:53 PM

I love the Touhou games and I've been playing them for years. They don't really have that much story, just brief conversations before boss fights and such. By the way, the music in the Touhou games is really good, especially in Perfect Cherry Blossom imo.

#9 Petas

Petas

GMC Member

• 41 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 02:26 AM

Yukkuris are abominations and need to be destroyed. That is all you need to know.

But yes, they are edible since they are completely filled with bean paste.. that also means that when they bleed, liquid bean paste comes out, or so I've heard ;) Other than that they really serve no purpose or anything aside from being extremely annoying..

I've already decided to dedicate a secret-cow-level-type bonus chapter in my Touhou game ::lmao:: (if by some miracle I can actually finish making it)

#10 Saijee

Saijee

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 2443 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 08:47 PM

Ok, that's a number of answers to questions I had.

But are they professional or indie games?

#11 Damaged

Damaged

Stand By, Ready! Set up!

• GMC Elder
  • 924 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 07 July 2009 - 01:26 PM

Why hello there Touhou inquirer ::lmao::

To sum it up, Touhou is a doujin game made by Zun. The term doujin means (roughly) that it is made and published (produced) using your own means with no one fronting the bill. In short, he is an indie game maker that sells his game at conventions and made his fame that way. There are 11 games (unless you count those .5 games :D) and the 12th is a WIP at the moment.

The games are a classic style vertical shooter but not quite. They are pretty intense. If you like games like jumper where you are going to die and die and die again but love the challenge and feeling of victory that you get from playing games like this, then Touhou is for you.

Also, there are a metric ton of fan created things. This ranges from games to doujin manga's. They are both explicit and not.

I hope this clears it up ^_^

#12 Saijee

Saijee

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 2443 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 02:32 AM

LOL, thanks for posting, but I think half a year later (from my last post in this topic) I figured out on my own, what Touhou was.

#13 Damaged

Damaged

Stand By, Ready! Set up!

• GMC Elder
  • 924 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 08 July 2009 - 10:44 AM

:( Well, I had no idea that you did XD

#14 Saijee

Saijee

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 2443 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 12:16 PM

Touhou games are fun though, I want to play more touhou games, the only ones I have are EoSD, PoFV, IaMP, and SWR. Sometimes my brother is nice enough to play vs me on SWR but he always ends up getting mad, but that's because he doesn't play the game right.

We had an argument about it, it went something like this.

Kuni: This is so repetitive, I know exactly what your going to do if you hit me once.
Saijee: Your always in my face, it kinda forces me to use close ranged combos.
Kuni: I can't do far range because my character (Tenshi) has terrible projectiles, your character(Sakuya) always shoots faster and breaks though my projectiles.
Saijee: Thats because I use patterns and you dont, B is is canceled with C and C is canceled with tilts (Smash Bros lang, i think in SWR they are called 'Special Attacks'), and tilts can be canceled out with a jump.
Kuni: I never really need to shoot projectiles at you because you always go though them with dashing, dashing is broken
Saijee: If we played this game right it would be more clear why to shoot, because you can easily get your cards this way.
Kuni: I don't like spell cards, its too much of a hassle to learn to remember what all the cards do, and I don't want to have to do that.
Saijee: If you knew how to use the cards it would be a lot more fun and less repetitive, and remembering the cards is not to hard, its like remember the items in Smash Bros, just connect the image with the outcome. Besides it adds a strategic element to the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users