• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Ikarugos

Ikarugos

GMC Member

• 370 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 07:09 AM

Rainbow Cloud

Rainbow Cloud is finally here, and it seeks to create an experience like no other.
You take the role of Willis, who is a small, fattish man who just wants to lead a normal life, but because
of the stupid creatures populating his land called Rainbow Cloud, he must search the land and destroy all he sees.
But, this game has a twist! Not only does the game hold a colourful 2d perspective, but by simply pressing Q, the
whole level flips into 3D!. The way you see the world will never be the same!

Main Information:
Genre: Adventure/platformer
Size: 7.1 MB
Resolution: Windowed, unchangable
Made with: GM 7

Basic Controls:
Left/Right arrows: Movement
Q: Flip view point, go to 3D/2D
W: Shoot apples
E: Jump
Up arrow: Enter door from 2D

Posted ImagePosted Image
In 2D!
Posted Image
In 3D!
Link To Image

Downloads:

http://www.mediafire.com/?zyymjintmkj

I had to make a deadline for this game, so it's pretty short, so a couple of things might not be fully polished, but Rainbow Cloud will still impress you nontheless. Also because of the short gameplay time, I didn't implement a save feature. I hope you still like the game! :ph34r:

And yes, the loading screen does read Ranbow Cloud. Sorry about that.

Edited by Ikarugos, 10 July 2010 - 12:12 AM.

#2 Pinpickle

Pinpickle

Abscure Programmer

• GMC Member
  • 1353 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:56 AM

Could you please upload a .zip
I can't use rars
I can't get a rar unzipper due to the fact I am not admin on this computer
I can't use instant play for the same reason
YYG really needs to bring back download
I want to play this because it sounds like super paper mario

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 sid673

sid673

GMC Member

• 536 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 10:40 AM

"YYG really needs to bring back download"
You know, if you scroll down on a games page on yoyogames, there's an option to download it.
Gah. Sorry it was a nice idea but you could of done a much better job on the graphics. Movement was hard especially when i had to keep changing dimensions, plus it seems i had a time limit on how long i could stay 3D?
Id give it around a 4/10 because you must of put a lot of effort into making this game.

Edited by sid673, 08 October 2008 - 10:49 AM.

Satan loves you.
Video games are made to escape reality, not to reflect on it.
Consider this before you make another game with a moral.

#4 Ikarugos

Ikarugos

GMC Member

• 370 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 11:17 AM

Could you please upload a .zip

Sorry, I don't think I can. I only know of how to make .rar files.

Gah. Sorry it was a nice idea but you could of done a much better job on the graphics. Movement was hard especially when i had to keep changing dimensions, plus it seems i had a time limit on how long i could stay 3D?
Id give it around a 4/10 because you must of put a lot of effort into making this game.

Thats ok, at least you tried it out. There has to be a limit on how long you can stay in 3D, or else you could basically run past all
the obstacles, making the game a breeze (but I designed it to be really easy anyway).

Edited by Ikarugos, 08 October 2008 - 11:18 AM.

#5 negen99

negen99

GMC Member

• 567 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 12:05 PM

The concept in itself is rather cool. The game itself .... not so much. I got outside and then I got stuck.

#6 Ikarugos

Ikarugos

GMC Member

• 370 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 10:12 PM

Once you get outside, shoot apples at all the enemies to open the cutscene.

#7 Pinpickle

Pinpickle

Abscure Programmer

• GMC Member
  • 1353 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 10:30 PM

"YYG really needs to bring back download"
You know, if you scroll down on a games page on yoyogames, there's an option to download it.

*Scrolling*
I don't see any download page sorry...

Could you upload the exe by itself then?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Ikarugos

Ikarugos

GMC Member

• 370 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 10:32 PM

Ok, I'll add it to my first post hopefully very soon.:P

Edited by Ikarugos, 08 October 2008 - 11:34 PM.

#9 BattleRifle BR55

BattleRifle BR55

Let Live

• GMC Member
  • 10316 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 08 October 2008 - 11:08 PM

Sorry, I wanted to like it but I couldn't. I was expecting it to be much better. Not only is switching to 3D mode weird in that there's no nifty transition or anything, but the whole world still remains in 2D, and it looks bad. I almost feel like I'm breaking the game when I switch to 3D mode.
Jmds8UL.png

#10 Ikarugos

Ikarugos

GMC Member

• 370 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 11:14 PM

Sorry, I wanted to like it but I couldn't. I was expecting it to be much better. Not only is switching to 3D mode weird in that there's no nifty transition or anything, but the whole world still remains in 2D, and it looks bad. I almost feel like I'm breaking the game when I switch to 3D mode.

Hehe, that's alright BattleRifle.
As I said, this game was made to a deadline, and a few features extra would of helped its appeal a great deal.
I had to make the 3D perspective make the world look like it had been distorted, that's what I was aiming for
in this idea, along the roots of Super Paper Mario. If I'd had more time, yes there would of been a nice 2D to 3D transition.

#11 Symbols

Symbols

GMC Member

• 343 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 11:18 PM

crazy concept buddy, nice work. i guess the sound gets annying.

#12 makerofthegames

makerofthegames

My last custom title

• GMC Member
  • 7629 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 04:56 PM

I couldn't understand what in the hell I was doing, I got to a part that said flip=false and for some reason one step backwards reset it to the starting point, I also got into a place with waterfalls but that kinda sucked too, The ending had this blue thing I didn't get to it cause once I flipped back for some reason my guy turned into a ghost and flew away.

Eh.

#13 Ikarugos

Ikarugos

GMC Member

• 370 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 10:16 PM

I couldn't understand what in the hell I was doing, I got to a part that said flip=false and for some reason one step backwards reset it to the starting point, I also got into a place with waterfalls but that kinda sucked too, The ending had this blue thing I didn't get to it cause once I flipped back for some reason my guy turned into a ghost and flew away.

Eh.

Lol, yeah my deadline did stop me from polishing up some collision problems many people are having.
The reason your guy ''flew away'' was because your health reached 0. Always keep track of your health, and
your 3D meter, and make sure it doesn't reach 0.
Thanks for playing though.:whistle:

I wonder if anyone can at least finish the game or tell me what the final boss looks like. At this rate, it looks like people are
stuck for ever on the second level.:)

Edited by Ikarugos, 09 October 2008 - 10:29 PM.

#14 makerofthegames

makerofthegames

My last custom title

• GMC Member
  • 7629 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 01:38 AM

Eh.

Lol, yeah my deadline did stop me from polishing up some collision problems many people are having.
The reason your guy ''flew away'' was because your health reached 0. Always keep track of your health, and
your 3D meter, and make sure it doesn't reach 0.
Thanks for playing though.:whistle:

I wonder if anyone can at least finish the game or tell me what the final boss looks like. At this rate, it looks like people are
stuck for ever on the second level.:)

Uh, There aren't any HP or 3D bar indicators.

#15 Ikarugos

Ikarugos

GMC Member

• 370 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 01:41 AM

Yes there are. Once you get past the first two rooms, they will appear in the lower left of the screen.

#16 Ikarugos

Ikarugos

GMC Member

• 370 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 05:47 AM

Update!
Now you can choose to download the raw executable by itself. Some people wanted that preference so here it is!
(sorry about the filehost, absolutely every other site gave me an error upon uploading).

Edited by Ikarugos, 13 October 2008 - 05:48 AM.

#17 toko5

toko5

GMC Member

• 296 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 13 October 2008 - 06:45 AM

Huh...Super Paper Mario style,sugoi yo!

#18 Ikarugos

Ikarugos

GMC Member

• 370 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 07:26 AM

Does anyone else have any criticism or praise they want to add about my game?
I do want my next game to be without any mistakes.
Pinpickle, did you get around to trying the executable?

#19 Ikarugos

Ikarugos

GMC Member

• 370 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 06:19 AM

Ok, just legally bumping my topic once more before I begin making a new (and better) game.
Feel free to post your thoughts if you haven't already, I am very keen to improve.:skull:

#20 Shrooblord

Shrooblord

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 820 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 09 July 2010 - 04:57 PM

Sounds great! However, I'm not able to open link 1,2 and 4 and Yoyogames sais the game isn't found... so, too bad. I can't play it!

Shrooblord
----------------
98% of the teenage population has smoked, if you are one of the proud 2% that never will, put this in your sig.
I have upgraded to GM8 PRO!

#21 Ikarugos

Ikarugos

GMC Member

• 370 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 12:12 AM

Haha, man it's been aages! But if you want to have a go, I just re-uploaded. :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?zyymjintmkj

#22 Pichuscute

Pichuscute

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 67 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:29 AM

I liked it. Was alot like Super Paper Mario, and although I couldn't stand that game (because I liked the series as an RPG instead), for a game being made with Game Maker, this is great. Good job.