lf you have questions about this forum, contact chance.
Please read and follow these rules when submitting tutorials.
Submitting Tutorials and Examples
This forum is for concise and well-documented tutorials and examples. Submissions should teach the reader how to accomplish something in Game Maker, or explain a difficult concept in such a way that it is easily understood.
All examples and tutorials must include an editable version for download, even if the topic itself contains a sample of the code used. (Exceptions to this rule may be considered, but only if the moderator deems it appropriate.)
The rules and guidelines have been revised, so please read through the sections of this entire thread before you post.
The Required Submission Template
Following is the template for new submissions. This is what the info template should look like at the beginning of your post:
- Title: How to make a Tutorial Topic
- Description: Tutorial on submitting tutorials
- GM Version: GM8.0
- Registered: Yes
- File Type: .gmk and .zip
- File Size: 33Kb
- File Link: .gmk only, ZIP file
- Required Extension: (link obligatory if used)
- Required DLL: (link obligatory if used)
- Tags: tutorial, make, submission, submit, help, guide, template
This tutorial shows how to etc...
When you submit an example, it will not become visible until a moderator reviews it. After which it will either be left where it is (in the General sub-forum) or moved to the Rejected sub-forum.
A Rejected topic is one that :
- Has not used the posting template
- Contains obvious errors
- Has no download
- Is a copy of an existing GM tutorial
- Does not meet a minimum standard of quality
- Has ill effects on people's PC (eg forcing a change of display resolution)
Edited by chance, 26 May 2015 - 11:44 PM.
Simplified for clarity and relevance to current policy.