Please read and follow these rules when submitting tutorials. If you have questions or need help, please contact chance.
Submitting Tutorials and Examples
This forum is for concise and well-documented tutorials and examples. All examples and tutorials must include an editable GM file for download, even if the topic itself contains code samples, or a video tutorial. (Exceptions may be considered, but only if the moderator deems it appropriate.)
The Required Submission Template
Following is the template for new submissions. Please add this info template to your post:
- Title: How to make a... etc.
- Description: "this tutorials shows how to... etc"
- GM Version: GM8.1, Studio, etc.
- Registered: Yes or No
- File Type: .gmk, gmz, zip, etc.
- File Size: x kB etc.
- File Link: (download link for GM file)
- Required Extension: (link obligatory if used)
- Required DLL: (link obligatory if used)
- Tags: tutorial, make, submission, submit, help, guide, template
This tutorial provides examples for... etc. (Please provide as much detail as needed, for people to understand the scope of your example.)
When you submit an example, it will not become visible until a moderator reviews it. After which it will either be left where it is (in the General sub-forum) or moved to the Rejected sub-forum.
Tutorials may be rejected if they:
- don't use the posting template
- have obvious errors
- have no GM file download
- don't use proper syntax, and lack comments
- are potentially damaging or annoying (eg forcing a change of display resolution)