5 replies to this topic

#1 SuperCasey4

SuperCasey4

I'm ignoring you...

• 312 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 06:28 AM

Black And Blue
By SuperCasey4

Hey guys, Black And Blue is my newest game, created for this competition. It's an arena shooter where your only method of movement is shooting. Walls of blocks come at you from all angles and you must avoid them or destroy them, stay on the screen or you lose.

Controls:
Left mouse button

YoYoGames Link
Direct Download

Screens (looks way better in motion):

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

If you enjoy the graphical style of this game, you may also want to check out my game Black And Red which features a similar style but different gameplay.

#2 Robert Geers

Robert Geers

GMC Member

• 25 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 07:54 AM

Dahm nice graphics men :rolleyes:! I like them.
The music isn't annoying so that's great. Gameplay is fine as well. I like the fact that you go in opposite direction when you shoot. It makes the game a lot harder. :rolleyes: But it gets a bit annoying after a while...

Great game! I rated you 5/6

#3 SuperCasey4

SuperCasey4

I'm ignoring you...

• 312 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 08:17 PM

Dahm nice graphics men :lol:! I like them.
The music isn't annoying so that's great. Gameplay is fine as well. I like the fact that you go in opposite direction when you shoot. It makes the game a lot harder. :) But it gets a bit annoying after a while...

Great game! I rated you 5/6

Thanks a lot man! I really wanted to add online highscores, which I think would have given the game a lot more replay value, but I couldn't get it working so I just decided to release it.

#4 jarcon

jarcon

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 976 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 08:26 PM

Wow, this game is fun!
I love the song in the background.
The gameplay is an interesting concept, and fun, although it only kept me entertained for about 10 minutes. I'm probably going to save it on my desktop so I can play it more later, though.
The graphics are also pretty neat. I like the effects.
Great job! 9/10

#5 SuperCasey4

SuperCasey4

I'm ignoring you...

• 312 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 05:28 AM

Wow, this game is fun!
The gameplay is an interesting concept, and fun, although it only kept me entertained for about 10 minutes. I'm probably going to save it on my desktop so I can play it more later, though.
Great job! 9/10

Thanks! I feel like a lot more could be done with the same type of gameplay so I might see what I can come up with in a future game. Glad you like the graphics and music (I didn't make the music but when I heard it I really liked it and had to use it).

#6 pure_evil020

pure_evil020

GMC Member

• 1479 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 07:54 AM

Wow, this game is fun!
Great job! 9/10

Thanks! I feel like a lot more could be done with the same type of gameplay so I might see what I can come up with in a future game. Glad you like the graphics and music (I didn't make the music but when I heard it I really liked it and had to use it).

very nice little game. well done for the short ammount of time it was made in!

SuperCasey4 I have added this to my game content page

Good luck with the competition.
Posted Image
Software, malware, and file removal program.