DefuzionGames

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1460 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 26 September 2008 - 09:31 PM

Defuzion MaxWinAPI Form Designer

Description:
Still needs quite more work but most of the essential features are complete. The program was designed to aid in the creation of windows/forms using the MaxWinAPI (version2). Having used maxwinapi (lets call it mwa) I found I had to repeatedly write the code, run the program, see if the control was positioned correctly then repeat this this process over and over again. So to save alot of time I developed this tool.

It lets you visually create a form allowing you create and position new controls onto a form or the game window itself. You can reposition/resize/rename the controls till it looks the way you want it to. Once you are happy with it you then click on the Get Code button which gives you the GML code required to make that window/form. You can now save or copy this code into your program and presto you have a new form in your program. The checking code can also be created, this is basic checking code using a switch statement, note it will list ALL controls even windows. Remember to modify appropriate details when adding to your program

There are basic features such as reset/load/save. The features and a quick user guide will be written below as there will be no help file (except the mwa ones included). At the moment the main function of this program is to create,position,name and to get the gml creation code for the form. Other things such adding columns to listview or adding items to listbox is not available and you can do this yourself once you have the creation code.

This will be extremely useful if you use mwa of need to create/design forms for your game or application and will save you a lot of time.

To create a form:
To start create a new form.
Select form from the drop down box.
Enter the X,Y,Width and Height of the form.
The NAME should be kept as it is (for now anyway otherwise you get problems)
Enter a caption for the form if you want to.
Select any necessary flags and styles
Press the create button.

To create a control on the form:
make sure the correct parent is selected in the parent drop down list (it should automatically change once you create a form!)
Select a control type from the first drop down list.
You can select mouse positioning if you want to position the control using the mouse.
Enter all relevant fields such as width,height, flags and name.
For controls you CAN enter the name (var name:)
Press Create button.

To position the control using the mouse:
select the 'Mouse Position' radio control.
After pressing create move the mouse over the form and once you have positioned the control press ENTER to confirm.

To change the x,y, width and height of an existing control select the control from the list of 'Existing Controls'. Change the value (you are allowed to change the var name for controls, but not for forms). Once done press the UPDATE button.

When you have finished designing the form press GET CODE button. You can now save the code to a text file or simply copy and paste into your program.

You can test the code by first saving the current form design by pressing SAVE. Then press reset and load the file you just saved if all is well the form should be recreated as you designed it.

Note if you spend ages creating a form then it freezes or crashes you will have to start again. This has happened to me so remember to save regulary and also keep it simple AND try and avoid deleting controls - this will help reduce likelihood of it crashing.

If you have any problems or suggestion please let me know. I will try and fix or add these but no promises will be made!

Screenshot:
Posted Image

Download:
Download version 2

Bugs/Fixes/Updates
Version 3:
When you delete a form all its controls are also destroyed and removed from the created controls list.
fixed bugs with 'position on form' co-ordinates
added scrollbar to the control type selection combobox
Improved stability

VERSION 2:
when updating control info the caption always got set to "" - fixed
you can now create more than one form at a time
you can get simple checking code which will list each control to check
fixed a few bugs with loading and saving

Edited by DefuzionGames, 12 February 2013 - 11:05 AM.

#2 TheMagicNumber

TheMagicNumber

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 5247 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 10:27 PM

Does it allow you to resize controls on the actual form or do you need to do it manually? May I ask why this is in the DLL's section...

It seems good, I'm gonna try it out.

#3 DefuzionGames

DefuzionGames

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1460 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 10:37 PM

because it uses the maxwinAPI dll and it is a tool made to assist in using this DLL in form creation. It extends the functionality of the DLL. If a mod wants to place it somewhere better they can.

your question:
once the control is on the form, you change the size, position etc by manually entering the value into the corresponding textbox. but the control is visually updated in real time.

#4 DefuzionGames

DefuzionGames

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1460 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 10:08 PM

new version2 uploaded..enjoy

#5 TheMagicNumber

TheMagicNumber

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 5247 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 11:20 PM

Think you can study a bit more and get event designing done? As in, double click on a control and enter code for an event.

#6 DefuzionGames

DefuzionGames

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1460 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 12:15 PM

GMREC I dont understand make it more clear what you mean.

Remember when you click GET CODE you can select 'Checking Code' this gives you the code to put in the step event which checks the given window/form to see what control has been clicked on. What it does is create a blank script which contains a switch statement and all the controls under each case statement. You can then fill in the gaps e,g the actual checking slot and the code to execute for each control.

I suppose I could add a button which would allow you to add event code to each specific control then the 'checking code' would be more complete when 'compiled'.

#7 Jax

Jax

GMC Member

• 232 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 04:38 AM

Woah! Oh my gosh! I was just thinking about making one of these to help me make forms. Lol, now I can have it without the work! xD Thanks! Should I credit you in my game; like under "Special help with GUI from Defuzion Games." or something like that? This is a true time saver! It was confusing at first though... When I created something in a window, it had the window handle in parent box instead of the variable, I finally found out it is replaced with a variable. Thanks! :P You rock! :) lol.
-Rock on! ^_^

~Jax

EDIT: Sorry
Sorry for the bump, I use the search feature a lot! :P I hope you guys can forgive me and my stupid-ness. lol :)

Edited by Jax, 14 January 2009 - 05:05 AM.

#8 DefuzionGames

DefuzionGames

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1460 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 01:03 PM

yeah its the reason why it was made to save time when designing forms. the alternative is very frustrating for example you have to keep changing then running the gm file to see how it looks etc...

yes credit would be nice how wbout
"Special help with GUI from Defuzion Games - www.defuzion.co.uk"

There is a new version with a few bug fixes, e.g sometimes when you reload a form the parent window for the controls are not right. Also the new version lets you tab to next entry field e.g. x,y,width etc..

thanks.

#9 Recreate

Recreate

Furry

• GMC Member
  • 2992 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 23 November 2009 - 07:16 PM

Link just redirects to the root of some crappy file host.
I really need this...Oh well...

Edited by Recreate, 23 November 2009 - 07:16 PM.

If the post that you are reading was created prior to 2011. For the safety of the general public, It is not to be regarded under any circumstances.
Please don't ask me to join your group at anything.

#10 freko

freko

The Professional

• GMC Member
  • 504 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 24 November 2009 - 04:26 AM

Hi could you upload to another host..

#11 Postality

Postality

GMC Member

• 244 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 06:27 AM

I was going to give it a try but I can't download it...

#12 Ace

Ace

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 372 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 08:25 AM

Does anyone happen to have this file? D: The link's not working and I can't find it anywhere on google or the guy's site!
Posted Image Posted Image Online Fighting & Roleplay Game

ZERO ENGINE
Posted Image

#13 Razon

Razon

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 268 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 10:10 AM

http://www.mediafire...e0d2rw0gh3chx15

Edit: Fixed the broken mirror link, and made sure that it was the newest version.

Edited by Razon, 01 September 2011 - 10:11 PM.

#14 Ace

Ace

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 372 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 09:34 PM

Thank you! I really appreciate that! This is a very useful program! :)
Posted Image Posted Image Online Fighting & Roleplay Game

ZERO ENGINE
Posted Image

#15 DefuzionGames

DefuzionGames

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1460 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 04:08 PM

Version 3 with bug fixes uploaded.

New download link, sorry old fileden account got reset.

Should work.

#16 johnjoe

johnjoe

GMC Member

• 299 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 04:23 PM

thanks! it's what i've been looking for.

also, DG, if you don't mind me asking: why don't bitmaps on buttons appear when the window's theme is vista? and otherwise i switch the theme to classic, the bitmap on the button appears.

Edited by johnjoe, 25 November 2009 - 04:24 PM.

#17 DefuzionGames

DefuzionGames

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1460 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 04:26 PM

dont know, never noticed that.
that must be something to do with the maxwinapi dll itself so better off asking HObbel

#18 johnjoe

johnjoe

GMC Member

• 299 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 04:33 PM

yes, i left a similar quesiton at his thread of the dll. he seem to be absent frequently and i didn't receive any feedback yet.

do you know an alternative for: a custom bitmap that is clickable just like a button; my attemp was that i created a button and attached a bitmap to it, as i've mentioned already it worked when i have windows classic theme.

#19 DefuzionGames

DefuzionGames

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1460 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 05:19 PM

yes hobbel is absent alot, i left loads of bugs with the dll but had no reply
there are other controls which do generate 'click events' for example static

Real API_Static_SetImage ( Real Control ID, Real Image Type, Real Image Resource Handle)

This function changes the image assigned to the static control.

You can use the following image types:
0 - A bitmap
1 - A cursor
2 - An icon

See the API_Resource_LoadIcon, API_Resource_LoadBitmap and API_Resource_LoadCursor functions.

Return value:
The return value is a handle to the image previously associated with the static control, if any; otherwise, it is 0.

Edited by DefuzionGames, 25 November 2009 - 05:20 PM.

#20 jcreations

jcreations

GMC Member

• 11 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:07 PM

Does anyone happen to have this file? D: The link's not working and I can't find it anywhere on google or the guy's site!

I can't download it :(. Looks like the link is broken again. Anyone have it?

#21 Razon

Razon

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 268 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:08 PM

The link works for me, but here's a another mirror.

http://www.mediafire...2ejfb1dz45foedo

Edited by Razon, 08 February 2013 - 12:13 PM.

#22 jcreations

jcreations

GMC Member

• 11 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 02:39 AM

#23 DefuzionGames

DefuzionGames

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1460 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:47 PM

I checked the link its working, also please remember also completed, its not bug free, some of these bugs are due to the dll itself and seeing that the author does not reply to my questions alot it cant be fixed.

The answer is to save after to make changes, also try and complete a full form in one session, then copy creation and checking code so you have it in your game, before any bugs pop up.

To be fair, it is reliable enough as I have created many forms using this

EDIT, could a mod move this to a more relevant section (if you think it doesnt belong here) like maybe the gm creations section under tools??

Edited by DefuzionGames, 23 April 2012 - 12:48 PM.

#24 swyrl

swyrl

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:35 PM

:( Link is broken for me. though I'm using maxwinapi 2, i'd still like to use this for my windows.
please update the link if you can.

uyzd1z6.jpg?1

#25 Razon

Razon

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 268 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:17 PM

Here's a new mirror link for it.
http://www.mediafire...2ejfb1dz45foedo

#26 DefuzionGames

DefuzionGames

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1460 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:06 AM

updated the link again.

#27 yashvant sonkar

yashvant sonkar

GMC Member

• 9 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:09 AM

AWESOME BRO 1000%THANK'S IT'S GREAT THIS IS VERY USEFULL YOU ARE AWESOME GREAT GOOD JOB BRO. I LIKE YOU AND YOUR FORM DESIGNER. THANK'S. ADD ME YOUR FRIEND PLEASE. :thumbsup: :woot: :thanks: :sorcerer: :teehee: :) :duck: ;) :thanks:

#28 yashvant sonkar

yashvant sonkar

GMC Member

• 9 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:15 AM

:thanks: AWESOME BRO 1000% THANK'S FOR THIS YOU ARE GREAT THIS IS VERY USEFULL BRO I WAS FIND HIM I LIKE YOU AND YOUR FROM DESIGNER ADD ME YOUR FRIEND BRO PLEASE. :thanks: :thumbsup: :turned: :whistling: :woot: :thanks: :sorcerer: :teehee: :) :duck: ;) :thanks:

#29 yashvant sonkar

yashvant sonkar

GMC Member

• 9 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:45 AM

hey please tell me

HELP ME friend

HOW TO (Destroy) DELETE API_Button

please help me.

:excl: :excl: :excl: :sweat:

#30 eejin

eejin

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 82 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:01 PM

The topic says version 3 but the download links mentions version 2. 

#31 DefuzionGames

DefuzionGames

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1460 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:39 PM

AWESOME BRO 1000%THANK'S IT'S GREAT THIS IS VERY USEFULL YOU ARE AWESOME GREAT GOOD JOB BRO. I LIKE YOU AND YOUR FORM DESIGNER. THANK'S. ADD ME YOUR FRIEND PLEASE. :thumbsup: :woot: :thanks: :sorcerer: :teehee: :) :duck: ;) :thanks:

Im glad you like it, yes its very useful for anyone who uses forms, but yes its not exactly bug free, due to maxwinAPI not being bug free too!

#32 DefuzionGames

DefuzionGames

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1460 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:40 PM

The topic says version 3 but the download links mentions version 2. 

sorry, maybe just forgot to change it, but the current link is the LATEST version.