Scalable Vector Graphics

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 VG9t

VG9t

GMC Member

• 22 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 07:31 PM

Is there a .dll or GEX that allows for .svg files to be used as sprites?

#2 IamCalle

IamCalle

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 444 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 11:00 PM

Support for scalable vector graphics is indeed needed for GM, wether to be used as a sprite, or simply drawn as path/whatever isn't a raster image.
I am having a hard time implementing a bunch of symbols into a program I am making; as raster images, they work fine until the user want to resize them :lol: as SVG files, well, they can't even be properly imported into GM. (I have looked into the extension but the SVG functions is on BETA stage only.)

Would be great with support for scalable vector graphics. :)

#3 ragarnak

ragarnak

GMC Member

• GMC Elder
  • 19468 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 29 September 2008 - 08:29 AM

Would be great with support for scalable vector graphics. :)

Have you thought of making your own kind of "scalable vector graphics" with the commands GM offers you ? Why not ?

#4 IamCalle

IamCalle

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 444 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 11:25 AM

Yes I have, several times.
Thing is: I don't have the capacity at the moment as I have enough to work on already. (I would have to learn how svg works, then spend much time to make my own system work and I can't do that as I need to finish my program as fast as possible.)

Edited by IamCalle, 29 September 2008 - 11:46 AM.

#5 ragarnak

ragarnak

GMC Member

• GMC Elder
  • 19468 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 29 September 2008 - 11:46 AM

Yes I have, several times.
Thing is: I don't have the capasity at the moment as I have enough to work on already. (I would have to learn how svg works, then spend much time to make my own system work and I can't do that as I need to finish my program as fast as possible.)

:) Than keep it as a future project.

But have you taken a bit of time to look at that SVG format ? I think you will run into quite a lot of trouble if you want to emulate its behaviour. I would say its pretty-much impossible for us amateurs, even when we would try to write a DLL for it. Its just too complex.

That is why I suggested you to develop your own, simpler version of it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users