icuurd12b42

Self Formed Sentient

• GMC Elder
  • 18181 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 15 September 2008 - 11:22 AM

Last Update Dec 15 2011, 8:30 PM

OK guys, I put a lot of work in this.

If you had trouble with models in the past like take a wavefront (.obj) (with mtl support(5)) file and load it in your game, this is the tool for you.

I think I blew the competition away

Youtube Video

gmmodelfix.png
model by wolfinexile

Yoyo DOWNLOAD
7MB (more models included + material files... they take space)

Skydrive DOWNLOAD

GOOGLE SKETCHUP INSTRUCTIONS

I'm sorry but I lost the source for this project.

I apologize for the small window. this was made a long time ago. you may have to change your display resolution to be able to read the menu in the editor

Must Have
Use this to convert ANY format to .obj or .x (ASCII)
Accutrans3d

d3d to obj
Saving d3d to obj in gmmodelfix will result in duplicate vertices. if you want to edit that obj with blender or another tool, you must merge the vertices. In Accutrans3d tool, load the obj and use the Tools/Merge Vertices menu and then save your obj. You can now edit your obj as before.

I've done it myself and it works very well. I do recommend using the accutrans3d for features I dont have. The guy is very cool and deserves a few users smile.gif

plugin for AC3D to export to Wavefront OBJ files
http://supercoldmilk...lug/objenh.html

You NEED UVMapper too!!!
Download UVMapper Classic for Windows

The GMModelEx dll which I made to make importing (obj and x) and exporting models (.d3d) and editing model data faster is now available for you to use in your game

http://gmc.yoyogames...opic=409540&hl=

Having trouble with error defining external function?
Install this until I fix it
http://www.microsoft...4d-074b9f2bc1bf

STEP BY STEP
External Processes
0) You got a model, if you used blender, export as obj as triangle model and you open in UVMapper to make a uv mapping, and get a texture out of it. Models can be also be loaded by the Accutrans (AC3d) software I posted a link to as well, again tell the export to make a triangle based model (though GMModelfix can handle it)

File Menu
1) You load the obj in GMModelFix

Model Menu
2) You Hit the Fix Wizard
3) You rotate the model so it faces right towards +x and it's top is facing +z axis
4) You center the model (Move menu), either base on it's mass (if a ship) or, if a person, align so it's feet are at z0.
5) You resize the model so it's the proper size. I like my people models to be 6 feet tall and I like 1 3d unit = 1 foot. So I resize ALL, absolute, based on Z to be 6 units (it'll be more obvious in the Scale Menu, lower right option, the last one in the scale menu)
6) You hit the Fix/Generate Model Light Map menu. I usually choose the 2nd roow, 2nd col option
7) Hit the little square that has an X on it (the texture). If the model disappears, you have no UV mapping. You need to load it up in UVMapper

Texture menu
8)Hit the Big square (texture with the X), the X disappears and you see the tank texture lower right
9)Load the texture in the program with the load texture menu
10) Hit Flip UV until the model is properly mapped, you may hit the Big square first to hide the texture an see the model. save the texture or you may use another program to flip the image with it for a png file for example.

Light check (Light Menu)
11) Hit the Big Light Bulb. If no lights present it will add a new one where you stand.
12) Rotate the model around, and if need be re-generate the lighting in the Model Menu using other methods. some methods make crude light, others smooth, some better for geometric shapes, others for natural things

File menu
13) Save your model as d3d. No Alpha, No color (it's uv mapped so forget the color alpha method)
14) You can try the packager if you like but I don't recommend it seeing it dumbs down the process to your disadvantage..

Vista Compatible (gm7)
exe only
a few sample models
a tutorial in the info (F1)

• (1)(3)Import ALL obj models without bombing (crosses fingers)
  • Save d3d as obj so you can uv map them with uvmapper
  • (5)Uses material files (mtl file) for figuring color and alpha of the vertices
  • (6)(7)Import X Files without bombing (crosses fingers)
  • Read and write d3d (gm model file)
  • (1)(2)support for mapping textures
  • (1)support for changing faces and vertices color and alpha
  • Flip Rotate Models
  • Move model origin
  • Center on model mass
  • Align on plane/axis
  • Fix Culling
  • Fix Texture Mapping
  • Fix Face Color and Alpha
  • Fix/Generate Lighting (vertex normals)
  • Select faces with mouse
  • Fix culling on selected faces
  • (4)Fix/Generate Light map (11 ways to fiddle with the light map.)
  • Save as d3d, 2 formats, full vertex color alpha or no vertex color alpha
  • View as mesh
  • View as lighted or non lighted model
  • View light map vetors
  • View as non textured model
  • See the faces selected on the model and the texture image
  • Move texture map by face, mutiple faces, point, multiple points
  • Group Move Texture UV (See details) for merging textures
  • Selected Faces Save
  • Selected Faces Move, Rotate, Scale and Fix Lighting
  • Delete selected face
  • Repeat last edit action
  • Package Wizard geneates code to add model to your game using GM's Import Script
  • Packager allow external texture from generated scripts
  • Packager allows coded model and file model of all types
  • Create a template texture image with red triangles using the model's uv so you can use that to know where to draw in paint.
  • Saved d3d models will remember the texture that was used with it in the editor.
  • Sort Model Facets

(1)Textures must be loaded separately, no support for material files yet.
(2)Multi textured models not supported yet (Use the Group move UV and GIMP or Paint to merge your textures)
(3)Multi group/part models are merged into single GM model entity
(4)2 of the light map generators are still in the works
(5)You still need to manualy add the texture since GM only supports 1 texture, I did not feel the need to jump through hoops detecting the numerous ways a texture is specified... darn Wavefront obj)
(6)Text based X file have been fully tested and it even loads bad file other modelers can't
(7)Binary X files are loaded but not fully. (Still working on decyfering the file)

UPDATE
http://gmc.yoyogames...dpost&p=3877275

UPDATE
http://gmc.yoyogames...&...t&p=3454761

UPDATE:
Moved all the model code to a dll... You could use the dll in your game to import obj file and do in game model modifications.
You loose the nice progress bar but who wants to look at a progress bar for 10 minutes when the dll makes it go so much faster
Added light management
Fix rotation so it rotates light map
Now using multiple models for mesh, selection, light setup display... Faster on the draw, slower on the update.

UPDATE:
I included what I think are the missing msvc dlls that caused trouble for some of you. Until I compile with dev-cpp, I hope this will do the trick

I added face select using the mouse thanks to various script laying around made by our resident math genious (you know who you are... and it's not myself biggrin.gif).

I added material file support (colored models, remember some models may not apear until you scale them and draw them withouth being textured map. Material color will show best without texture and with Face Color ON)

I also changed the FIX culling button to also fix the selected faces (if some are selected). Some models have erros in them as reported by a few other model viewer. And so the feature is useful

Some included model have bad light map, so click the light fix to see them in their full glory.

BTW. The loader loads all the models the other viewers fail to load!!!

UPDATE:
The current update fixed the left right arrow error
Adds saving, moving, scaling, rotating and light maping the selected faces.
Adds the tool tips (T)
Adds select all, deselect all, move first move last face
Added camera following smoothly the selection so you can zoom right on the area you are editing.

So you can split models apart, light different parts in different ways. As long as the model components have their faces in sequential order, like the tank does, it can be useful for spliting model parts to different files. When I add the delete faces feature, this will be even easier to do.

Also the left and right arrows will move through faces and add/remove faces when ctrl is held. So you can select a face with the mouse, let the viewer center on the spot, the use ctrl+right to select a whole group

UPDATE:
Fixed the color picker
Added X file import (Still working on binary version)
Hold A or C then click face to change the face alpha and color to the color you last picked in the face color/alpha properties

UPDATE:
Added Delete Face (DEL), Perform Last Action (L) and changed the interface a little and fixed a minor bug in the save partial model code.

L can be used to repeat a model edit action such as face vn boost or fix culling while not having to need to go through the menu while editing model faces.

Delete can be used to remove faces that do nothing for you... Or to split the model in pieces, like removing the turret from the tank.

UPDATE:
Added Face Add, Rotate Around Model Center and Model Merge

UPDATE:
Added packager that makes scripts to import in your came. Can package as code or d3d file and automates loading of texture
Added save template texture using uvs of the nodel (no auto uv gen yet)
Fixed the dll to allow saving extra info in the d3d model such as texture used. Has no effect on GM's d3d_model_load
Don't save as code if your model is huge... or even medium sized for that matter. If so, don't open the setup_model_<model> script before you disable GM's code color.

UPDATE:
Move UV so you can merge textures

UPDATE:
Fixed the obj import in the dll.

UPDATE:
-Now faster than ever. THANK YOU X-tra Fear and score_under

UPDATE:
-Now exports as obj

UPDATE:
New dll

Enjoy!

Todo:
Add texture merging
Add texture fix (2^n)
Add other model imports
Move/delete model faces/group of faces
Add delete faces

Ideas/Suggestions:
Add generation of texture maping template
Add abitity to add shapes and merge other models (Model Editor)
Too tips

Bugs:
I have found a BUG with .obj exported by Anim8tor (or in my import of obj generated by anim8tor). When you export to a .obj, and import in GMModelFix, a facet will be missing. You can re-add the facet in GMModelFix if it's important... FIXED

Edited by icuurd12b42, 19 January 2015 - 11:22 AM.

gmcbanner.pnggmcbanner_tools.png

ICU Live Tutoring Through Slack or Skype | My Tools Page follow.png

I FRANTICALLY MADE MY 18000 POST TOPIC BEFORE MIKE ANNOUNCED A DELAY...
Now I'm squirming not to hit that reply button

#2 ui264

ui264

GMC Member

• 368 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 04:32 PM

screens?
97% of teenagers drink, do drugs, or have sex. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

#3 Jess Horton

Jess Horton

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 230 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 15 September 2008 - 04:43 PM

Hey that's great ... I am wondering why you include 2 texture files for each model ... is it required for some reason? There is a bmp and a jpg. I didn't test via my own models yet but I will tonight. The only thing I would have liked to see would have been tool tips for all the options available ... I had to guess which wasn't all that bad for some of the options. Other than that ... nice ... I like the way you did the viewer controls. I use a few different 3d programs and it almost felt natural. I have 3ds Max 2009 ... I will test to make sure everything is compatible tonight :D Good job !!

#4 icuurd12b42

icuurd12b42

Self Formed Sentient

• GMC Elder
  • 18181 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 08:35 PM

Hey that's great ... I am wondering why you include 2 texture files for each model ... is it required for some reason? There is a bmp and a jpg. I didn't test via my own models yet but I will tonight. The only thing I would have liked to see would have been tool tips for all the options available ... I had to guess which wasn't all that bad for some of the options. Other than that ... nice ... I like the way you did the viewer controls. I use a few different 3d programs and it almost felt natural. I have 3ds Max 2009 ... I will test to make sure everything is compatible tonight :D Good job !!

No, only one texture is needed. I think I save the extra tank texture in my distribution folder by mistake. I think tool tips is an obvious requirement that will be added in the final version.

Screenshot added.

#5 xshortguy

xshortguy

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 4355 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 10:45 PM

Any chance to turn this into a model editor?
Check out my Profile's About Me Page for some useful links.

#6 icuurd12b42

icuurd12b42

Self Formed Sentient

• GMC Elder
  • 18181 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 01:45 AM

Any chance to turn this into a model editor?

Possibly but unlikely. Right now I'm moving all the model loading and flipping to a dll.

Using the fighter.obj
The light map regeneration has forced me to put this stuff in a dll. After rotation I need to regenerate the normals. It takes 1 mintute in c for the fighter ship... I would guestimate more than one hour in GML. based on (gml = 500 time slower than c), so 500 minutes... I never lets my GML code run on the large fighter model. Only on the tank..

The plus side, I'll have a dll to split models live in game.

(HELP WANTED)
I also need a way to rotate the normals when I rotate/flip the vectors
I also need to make a (hash) map (in c) of the points to speed up some effects that requires me to loop through each point for each point....

example n*n code (yuk) to smooth the lighting
p1 = for each point 
	p2 = for each point
		if(p1.x = p2.x and p1.y = p2.y and p1.z = p2.z) p1.vn += p2.face.vn
	normalize(pi.vn)

Using a map
I need a way to make a map bases on the vectors
p1 = for each point
	p1.map = map(p1.x,p1.y,p1.z); //returns or creates a map;
	p1.map.vn+=p1.face.vn;

p1 = for each point
	p1.vn = p1.map.vn;
	normalize(p1.vn);

I have a working version in GM using a ds_map that uses a string converted vector map key = string(x)+string(y)+string(z) to test the idea. Much faster... 5-15 minutes in gm instead of >1hour.
But I need a better C solution that don't involve going though a string convertion. So my 1 minute in c would turn into a few seconds.

Edited by icuurd12b42, 18 September 2008 - 01:53 AM.

#7 fasteddy_jones

fasteddy_jones

Anarchist

• GMC Member
  • 663 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 18 September 2008 - 02:03 AM

i've been making models for a while and i can never find a good, cheap texture mapping program, so my question is;
does the program create a blank templete for textures?

fasteddy

The Open Source A3dE SDK for users who want 3d Models, 3d Animations, Full MapMaker, and a robust engine to work with.

#8 icuurd12b42

icuurd12b42

Self Formed Sentient

• GMC Elder
  • 18181 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 05:48 AM

i've been making models for a while and i can never find a good, cheap texture mapping program, so my question is;
does the program create a blank templete for textures?

fasteddy

That sounds like nice feature to add. The only default you can do right now is to set the faces to the entire texture. Then manually drag each triangle to it's right place. So it's better your model already has a texture map.

#9 ui264

ui264

GMC Member

• 368 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 02:41 PM

can it create models from scratch?
97% of teenagers drink, do drugs, or have sex. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

#10 icuurd12b42

icuurd12b42

Self Formed Sentient

• GMC Elder
  • 18181 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 07:49 PM

can it create models from scratch?

It's to import, fix and convert models. Maybe in the future.

#11 xshortguy

xshortguy

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 4355 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 02:02 PM

One major thing that you can add is add extended tooltips to each button. At the top of the tooltip should give the name of the button, and then beneath that is a short paragraph explaining what each button does. This would make using the program easier.
Check out my Profile's About Me Page for some useful links.

#12 icuurd12b42

icuurd12b42

Self Formed Sentient

• GMC Elder
  • 18181 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 08:13 PM

One major thing that you can add is add extended tooltips to each button. At the top of the tooltip should give the name of the button, and then beneath that is a short paragraph explaining what each button does. This would make using the program easier.

I know, will add that when I have all the features in and i'm sure of what the gui will be.

#13 Pie Person!

Pie Person!

GM 6+ Lover

• GMC Member
  • 1973 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 03:02 AM

Incredible!
Cool.

#14 icuurd12b42

icuurd12b42

Self Formed Sentient

• GMC Elder
  • 18181 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 09:09 AM

Incredible!

You're going to like the update.

UPDATE:
http://www.yoyogames...ames/show/53383

Moved all the model code to a dll... You could use the dll in your game to import obj file and do in game model modifications.
You loose the nice progress bar but who wants to look at a progress bar for 10 minutes when the dll makes it go so much faster
Added light management
Fix rotation so it rotates light map
11 ways to fiddle with the light map.
Now using multiple models for mesh, selection, light setup display... Faster on the draw, slower on the update.

Edited by icuurd12b42, 21 September 2008 - 10:16 AM.

#15 icuurd12b42

icuurd12b42

Self Formed Sentient

• GMC Elder
  • 18181 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 05:21 AM

UPDATE:
I included what I think are the missing msvc dlls that caused trouble for some of you. Until I compile with dev-cpp, I hope this will do the trick

I added face select using the mouse thanks to various script laying around made by our resident math genious (you know who you are... and it's not myself :)).

I added material file support (colored models, remember some models may not apear until you scale them and draw them withouth being textured map. Material color will show best without texture and with Face Color ON)

I also changed the FIX culling button to also fix the selected faces (if some are selected). Some models have erros in them as reported by a few other model viewer. And so the feature is useful

Some included model have bad light map, so click the light fix to see them in their full glory.

BTW. The loader loads all the models the other viewer fail to load!!!

Edited by icuurd12b42, 23 September 2008 - 05:32 AM.

#16 Jepie0

Jepie0

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 213 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 06:35 AM

I just downloaded the latest update after extracting all the files i tried to run the .exe after the in game F1 information screen i got the below error and had to abort the game.

[/code]ERROR in
action number 1
of Key Release Event for <unknown> Key
for object MouseSelectFaceObj:

Error defining an external function.[code]

Jepie0

#17 icuurd12b42

icuurd12b42

Self Formed Sentient

• GMC Elder
  • 18181 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 06:45 AM

I just downloaded the latest update after extracting all the files i tried to run the .exe after the in game F1 information screen i got the below error and had to abort the game.

[/code]ERROR in
action number 1
of Key Release Event for <unknown> Key

Error defining an external function.[code]

Jepie0

Darn MSVC compiler. I guess I have not found all the hidden DLLs I need. It's hard to tell since it works on my machine

Does any one know what DLL's I need to include with MSVC 2008 compiled dlls? It's just my code in there.

EDIT
I compiled it with dev-cpp. You should not have the problem any more.

EDIT 2
There was a problem, yoyo says the program is scaned and ready but I don't get the update button. Hoping the issue will resolve. Otherwise I'll re-upload or recreate another... Darn.

EDIT 3
OK, it's up, let me know if you still have the problem

Edited by icuurd12b42, 23 September 2008 - 08:02 AM.

#18 FredFredrickson

FredFredrickson

Artist

• Global Moderators
  • 9225 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 08:18 AM

Is there a normal download link available? I don't have the YYG plug-in installed, and I don't want it installed (and I can't seem to find the download link they used to have).

Some other things:
I skimmed the first post, but didn't see anything about normals editing - is it possible to fix the normals? Smooth them? Select and edit only a group of them?
Does the light map generate and bake shadows into the model?
I assume this exports files that can be read via d3d_model_load(), right? When you output OBJ files (if you can indeed do this) do you have the option to not use material (MTL) files?

Looks pretty neat, I'm anxious to try it out. :)

#19 icuurd12b42

icuurd12b42

Self Formed Sentient

• GMC Elder
  • 18181 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 08:54 AM

Is there a normal download link available? I don't have the YYG plug-in installed, and I don't want it installed (and I can't seem to find the download link they used to have).

Some other things:
I skimmed the first post, but didn't see anything about normals editing - is it possible to fix the normals? Smooth them? Select and edit only a group of them?
Does the light map generate and bake shadows into the model?
I assume this exports files that can be read via d3d_model_load(), right? When you output OBJ files (if you can indeed do this) do you have the option to not use material (MTL) files?

Looks pretty neat, I'm anxious to try it out. :)

I'll go make sure the download is available... Done, Enjoy.

You can generate light map, yes (normal), I have quite a few ways to make them (2 of them I'm still working on). Rotating the model will also keep the original light map intact.

I'll add fidling specific faces light maps next so to boost or tone down the shinyness. I'm actualy converting all the finctions to accept a face position and select range so to split/fix any initvidual part of the model.

Tell me if you find any thing that does not look right... I knew about ziltch from models when I started this last week. So I'm bound to have messed things up.

Missed some things. I load obj and d3d files. I save as d3d file in 2 formats of your choice

1) Full color alpha triangle list
2) no color alpha triangle list

you know the gm model file format. so you know I can store color and alpha for each point. The down side is that you can't alpha/color blend the entire model in game. So the second type is there for that if you want.

The colors are extracted from the obj mtl file. you can edit those in the editor.

The texture, you load manually in the editor. As you would in the GMK file or at run time. It's not a model option that is storable.

Edited by icuurd12b42, 23 September 2008 - 09:17 AM.

#20 Jepie0

Jepie0

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 213 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 09:06 AM

Well it works now i can get past the information screen. But i think it would be alot easier if there was tags next to the mouse when hovering over a icon. Becuase its quite hard to tell what each button does without constantly checking the information screen. And maybe being able to highlight more than one polygon at a time before changing its color would be helpfull. Also i encountered another error i clicked on the icon with 3 red dots and blue lines with a cursor beside it.

[/code]ERROR in
action number 1
of Mouse Event for Left Released

Error in code at line 7:
   mode = ColorSelModeObj.image_index;

at position 25: Unknown variable image_index[code]

Good luck, Jepie0

#21 icuurd12b42

icuurd12b42

Self Formed Sentient

• GMC Elder
  • 18181 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 09:26 AM

Good luck, Jepie0

It'll be fixed in the next release... Glad the dll works now. Darn msvc...

I'll add the tips when the interface is done...

Edited by icuurd12b42, 23 September 2008 - 09:30 AM.

#22 icuurd12b42

icuurd12b42

Self Formed Sentient

• GMC Elder
  • 18181 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 01:40 AM

UPDATE
The current update fixed the left right arrow error
Adds saving, moving, scaling, rotating and light maping the selected faces.
Adds the tool tips (T)
Adds select all, deselect all, move first move last face
Added camera following smoothly the selection so you can zoom right on the area you are editing.

So you can split models apart, light different parts in different ways. As long as the model components have their faces in sequential order, like the tank does, it can be useful for split model part to different files. When I add the delete faces feature, this will be even easier to do.

Also the left and right arrows will move through faces and add/remove faces when ctrl is held. So you can select a face with the mouse, let the viewer center on the spot, the use ctrl+right to select a whole group

#23 zbox

zbox

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 2618 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 02:45 AM

Whoa! This is an amazing model tool :)!

#24 icuurd12b42

icuurd12b42

Self Formed Sentient

• GMC Elder
  • 18181 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 08:16 AM

Whoa! This is an amazing model tool :rolleyes:!

Thanks!

UPDATE:
Fixed the color picker
Added X file import (Still working on binary version)

Hold A or C then click face to change the face alpha and color to the color you last picked in the face color/alpha properties

Edited by icuurd12b42, 28 September 2008 - 02:40 AM.

#25 icuurd12b42

icuurd12b42

Self Formed Sentient

• GMC Elder
  • 18181 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 05:14 AM

UPDATE
Added Delete Face (DEL), Perform Last Action (L) and changed the interface a little and fixed a minor bug in the save partial model code.

L can be used to repeat a model edit action such as face vn boost or fix culling while not having to need to go through the menu while editing model faces.

Delete can be used to remove faces that do nothing for you... Or to split the model in pieces, like removing the turret from the tank.

Changed the tips so it's a little less anoying.

Edited by icuurd12b42, 01 October 2008 - 05:16 AM.

#26 Guest_Candy Man_*

Guest_Candy Man_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2008 - 06:40 AM

Nice that looks really kool.....open sorce code to it.

I could use help wih the program im coding for and i need exporting the files help.

#27 icuurd12b42

icuurd12b42

Self Formed Sentient

• GMC Elder
  • 18181 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 06:47 AM

Nice that looks really kool.....open sorce code to it.

I could use help wih the program im coding for and i need exporting the files help.

You have a problem exporting a model??

UPDATE
Added Face Add, Rotate Around Model Center and Model Merge

Edited by icuurd12b42, 02 October 2008 - 10:58 PM.

#28 icuurd12b42

icuurd12b42

Self Formed Sentient

• GMC Elder
  • 18181 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 07:04 AM

UPDATE:
Added packager that makes scripts to import in your came. Can package as code or d3d file and automates loading of texture
Added save template texture using uvs of the nodel (no auto uv gen yet)
Fixed the dll to allow saving extra info in the d3d model such as texture used. Has no effect on GM's d3d_model_load

dont save as code if your model is huge... or even medium sized for that matter. If so, don't open the setup_model_<model> script before you disable GM's code color.

#29 PickleMan

PickleMan

Programmer

• 995 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 11:38 PM

Holy ****! This is amazing!

#30 icuurd12b42

icuurd12b42

Self Formed Sentient

• GMC Elder
  • 18181 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 02:51 PM

[UPDATE]
The GMModelEx dll which I made to make importing (obj and x) and exporting models (.d3d) and editing model data faster is now available for you to use in your game
http://gmc.yoyogames...opic=409540&hl=

#31 icuurd12b42

icuurd12b42

Self Formed Sentient

• GMC Elder
  • 18181 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 04:37 AM

[BUG FOUND]
I have found a BUG with .obj exported by Anim8tor (or in my import of obj generated by anim8tor). When you export to a .obj, and import in GMModelFix, a facet will be missing. You can re-add the facet in GMModelFix if it's important...

#32 MMORPGguy

MMORPGguy

MMORPG guy

• GMC Member
  • 2208 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 11:22 AM

Wow, can't wait until my internet starts working so I can try this out.

So, wait, it's got UV map support and stuff?
My blog.

"Let the guarantee of free speech be in every man's determination to use it, and we shall have no need of paper declarations."
- Voltairine de Cleyre

#33 Neged

Neged

GMC Member

• 141 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 02:24 PM

1 Question, is there a program that makes gmax models to code?

#34 icuurd12b42

icuurd12b42

Self Formed Sentient

• GMC Elder
  • 18181 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 10:18 PM

Wow, can't wait until my internet starts working so I can try this out.

So, wait, it's got UV map support and stuff?

You can use uvmapper, google it. I don't have and automatic uv map generator in it yet...

1 Question, is there a program that makes gmax models to code?

I only support .obj, .x (text) and gm models (.d3d or .mod). So if you can export your model to .obj, you can use it to export the model to code...

#35 chaz13

chaz13

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4214 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 02:34 PM

I feel like a bit of an idiot, but ah well;

I can see some parts of my model, but not others. I'm assuming this is because of the culling- So how can i flip the faces?

EDIT: ARGGHH! I didn't see the date this was posted. Sorry! EDIT2: Hahaha, I'm being an idiot today. For some crazy reason I though it was 2009!

Edited by chaz13, 22 December 2008 - 08:32 PM.

#36 icuurd12b42

icuurd12b42

Self Formed Sentient

• GMC Elder
  • 18181 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 01:01 AM

I feel like a bit of an idiot, but ah well;

I can see some parts of my model, but not others. I'm assuming this is because of the culling- So how can i flip the faces?

EDIT: ARGGHH! I didn't see the date this was posted. Sorry! EDIT2: Hahaha, I'm being an idiot today. For some crazy reason I though it was 2009!

Select a face (f) then right click the Flip Rotate menu button then click the FIX button.

This last action is recorded so now you can select another face and hit L on the keyboard. Use ctrl + right to select many faces.

Look at the help (F1)

#37 chaz13

chaz13

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4214 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:47 AM

Ah, I see now. Thanks for your help- This rocks!

#38 icuurd12b42

icuurd12b42

Self Formed Sentient

• GMC Elder
  • 18181 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:37 AM

Update.

Updated the package to use the fixed gmmodelex.dll wich was writing the wrong line count in the d3d header when saving model parts

Edited by icuurd12b42, 23 January 2009 - 11:38 AM.

#39 icuurd12b42

icuurd12b42

Self Formed Sentient

• GMC Elder
  • 18181 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 08:28 AM

Update

Youtube Video

#40 icuurd12b42

icuurd12b42

Self Formed Sentient

• GMC Elder
  • 18181 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 01:31 AM

Update

I added a button to move/scale the uv map which you can use (very carefuly) when you merge model and or textures.

If your model has multiple textures, you need to merge them into 1 texture.

First you load one of the texture of the model in the texture viewer and concentrate on the part of the model that uses that texture.

Then, you flip the texture if you need to and save it...

You repeat for all the textures used by the model.

In Gimp or Paint:
Now you decide where you will place the texture on the new merge image... For 2 images, I suggest you scale the first image to fit on the left side of the image and the second to fit on the right side of the image... Keep the entire image size 2^n though

Create for a new image 256x256 for example, scale the 2 images so they are 128x256 and drop the first image on the left and the second on the right.

For a 4 sprite merge, scale the images so they are 128x128 drop the first in the upper left, the second in the upper right, the 3rd in the lower left and the 4th in the lower right.

For 2 texture merged

In GMModelFix, use the facet select tools to select the first facet (Facet+ then Facet |<- ). Now use ctrl+right key to select all the part of the model involved with the first texture. it's not hard really.

Now right click the Shift UV button... set the values to 0 0 1 1 to 0 0 .5 1. This sizes the UV so it's from 0 to .5 horizontaly and full verticaly

Now use the right key to move the selection until you are on the model part that uses the second texture... Use ctrl+right and ctrl+left to change the range of the selected facet

Now right click the Shift UV button... set the values to 0 0 1 1 to .5 0 1 1. This moves and sizes the UV so it's from .5 to 1 horizontaly and full verticaly

For 4 textures merge

In GMModelFix, use the facet select tools to select the first facet (Facet+ then Facet |<- ). Now use ctrl+right key to select all the part of the model involved with the first texture. it's not hard really.

Now right click the Shift UV button... set the values to 0 0 1 1 to 0 0 .5 .5. This sizes the UV so it's from 0 to .5 horizontaly and verticaly, to fit in the upper left quatrant of the texture.

Now use the right key to move the selection until you are on the model part that uses the second texture... Use ctrl+right and ctrl+left to change the range of the selected facet

Now right click the Shift UV button... set the values to 0 0 1 1 to .5 0 1 .5. This moves and sizes the UV to the upper right quatrant of the texture.

Now use the right key to move the selection until you are on the model part that uses the third texture... Use ctrl+right and ctrl+left to change the range of the selected facet

Now right click the Shift UV button... set the values to 0 0 1 1 to 0 .5 .5 1. This moves and sizes the UV to the lower left quatrant of the texture.

Now use the right key to move the selection until you are on the model part that uses the fourth texture... Use ctrl+right and ctrl+left to change the range of the selected facet

Now right click the Shift UV button... set the values to 0 0 1 1 to .5 .5 1 1. This moves and sizes the UV to the lower right quatrant of the texture.

You now have a merged texture.

Use Gimp and save as png format so you can play with the alpha mask if you need to...

Edited by icuurd12b42, 30 January 2009 - 01:48 AM.

#41 Schyler

Schyler

Noskcirderf Derf

• GMC Member
  • 2680 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 01:54 AM

Ubernesss..... hands down...

#42 icuurd12b42

icuurd12b42

Self Formed Sentient

• GMC Elder
  • 18181 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 04:36 AM

Ubernesss..... hands down...

Thanks

UPDATE:
Fixed the obj import in the dll.

#43 icuurd12b42

icuurd12b42

Self Formed Sentient

• GMC Elder
  • 18181 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 04:25 AM

UPDATE
-Now faster than ever. THANK YOU X-tra Fear and score_under

-Fix uvs to stay in the 0-1 range

Edited by icuurd12b42, 28 February 2009 - 06:31 AM.

#44 skullwolf89

skullwolf89

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 05:07 PM

Hi, you dont mind if you can add another link to yr download? cos i cant download from yoyogames website (it just says my dling time expired all the time )

thks in advance!

#45 icuurd12b42

icuurd12b42

Self Formed Sentient

• GMC Elder
  • 18181 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 07:03 PM

Hi, you dont mind if you can add another link to yr download? cos i cant download from yoyogames website (it just says my dling time expired all the time )

thks in advance!

Are you using IE? If so try another browser, if not, try IE

Is the play now not working?

If you don't succeed, I'll upload someplace else. I hate to mirror finished products

Edited by icuurd12b42, 06 April 2009 - 07:06 PM.

#46 skullwolf89

skullwolf89

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 03:47 PM

I dont think its my browser problem, its my ISP problem. They like to renew my com IP every now and then, that's why the dl expired. (this cant be fix cos in my country, i think all ISP do tat ... )

Anyway, i could launch by clicking "play now" but i need to be online to do that. It will be great if you can mirror the dl.

Sorry for the trouble but I think yr program is great and i wish i could use it even when im offline.

#47 icuurd12b42

icuurd12b42

Self Formed Sentient

• GMC Elder
  • 18181 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 04:14 PM

I dont think its my browser problem, its my ISP problem. They like to renew my com IP every now and then, that's why the dl expired. (this cant be fix cos in my country, i think all ISP do tat ... )

Anyway, i could launch by clicking "play now" but i need to be online to do that. It will be great if you can mirror the dl.

Sorry for the trouble but I think yr program is great and i wish i could use it even when im offline.

Mirror

#48 icuurd12b42

icuurd12b42

Self Formed Sentient

• GMC Elder
  • 18181 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 03:00 AM

UPDATE:
-Now exports as obj

#49 Titanium

Titanium

the perfectionist

• GMC Member
  • 1166 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 12:53 AM

Looks like GM is moving towards the 3rd dimension. I'm not saying I'm really looking forward to it, but hey... that's life. OMG this is awesome! I retract my previous statement.
ljrk.png
Please Play My Games.

#50 red alert

red alert

GMC Member

• 13 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 06:58 AM

Just a simple question. Can this thing export to OBJ after it imports from gm model?
I am newbee so help me with gm3d to OBJ.