• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 EXEZ

EXEZ

GMC Member

• 19 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 02:04 PM

Intro:
My debut game, a SHMUP of epicness you play as ace fighter pilot Keng and must stop a wave of super dreadnoughts.
BLOW UP HUGE BOSSES WITH A LIMITLESS SUPPLY OF ROCKETS!

GO INTO TIME SLOW TO DODGE MASSIVE WAVES OF BULLETS!

BECOME THE AERIAL KENG!

INFO:
Title: AerialKeng
Genre/Category: Fast-Paced Shmup
Download Size: 2.7MB
Game File-Type: Stand-Alone Executable
Resolution: 640x480 Res Change, Fullscreen
Current Version: Complete
Written In: :) Registered

Screenshots:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Downloads:

OLD VERSION
AerialKeng!

NEW VERSION
New Version AerialKeng

Final Comments:
Dl link at bottom of post.
this is my debut game kinda. I have been working with Gm ever since version 5, I just haven't came out with anything. I kinda just sat down one day and worked on it from 10am to 9pm I worked really hard on just finishing this, and its not where I want it to be but for what it turned out like I'm still very proud of it. I wanted to add thing like different difficulties and such but was afraid of putting it down for a month again... so one difficulty kinda HARD.
how can I request a review?
its :P so vista users... mb...

things changed in
v1.2
more slowmo
better instructions
changed bosses strength and order.

Edited by EXEZ, 15 September 2008 - 02:34 AM.

#2 cactus

cactus

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 367 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 03:24 PM

Quite a nice game. A bit hard as many bullets are really fast and you don't get a lot of slowmo time... Nice explosions though, and slowmo was cool to mess around with.

#3 Bowex

Bowex

Digital-X

• 462 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 06:07 PM

Cool effects ! but it's hard lol :)

#4 EXEZ

EXEZ

GMC Member

• 19 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 02:33 AM

Quite a nice game. A bit hard as many bullets are really fast and you don't get a lot of slowmo time... Nice explosions though, and slowmo was cool to mess around with.

thanks, I understand when you point it out. I have went back and increased slowmo time and nerfed some bosses.
btw-your my hero.

Cool effects ! but it's hard lol :)

many people have expressed this so I have went and balanced it
thanks for the comment!

New Version AerialKeng
changed in
v1.2
more slowmo
better instructions
changed bosses strength and order.

#5 Ephixa

Ephixa

GMC Member

• 61 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 10:22 PM

I love this. collecting a bunch of bullets or rockets and using time slow to escape. Good idea. to few bullets and a tad to quick for me though

I like this game but it kicks my ass.

Edited by Ephixa, 15 September 2008 - 10:27 PM.

#6 Kirbya

Kirbya

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 311 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 01:00 AM

This was a very fun game. I absolutely love shumps and this one is definitely a keeper. The only thing I didn't like was how short it was, and kind of easy. Other than that, fantastic job!

#7 Overman

Overman

GMC Member

• Banned Users
  • 884 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 01:42 AM

Want a suggestion to improve the game? Use anti-aliasing on the squares in the background. This problem is very evident in screenshot 2 if you'll take a look.

The graphics style is otherwise good

#8 Ephixa

Ephixa

GMC Member

• 61 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 09:20 PM

This was a very fun game. I absolutely love shumps and this one is definitely a keeper. The only thing I didn't like was how short it was, and kind of easy. Other than that, fantastic job!

This man speaks the truth. espcially on the squares it would be nice if they where shades into the background.

on another note. This game isn't getting enough attention for what it's worth.

#9 EXEZ

EXEZ

GMC Member

• 19 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 12:06 AM

I love this. collecting a bunch of bullets or rockets and using time slow to escape. Good idea. to few bullets and a tad to quick for me though

I like this game but it kicks my ass.

thank you! :)

Originally people were finding it quite hard, so I thought I balanced it but perhaps not. either way thank you for your support!

Want a suggestion to improve the game? Use anti-aliasing on the squares in the background. This problem is very evident in screenshot 2 if you'll take a look.

The graphics style is otherwise good

The graphics style kinda evolved over the course of the game, I see what you mean as the cubes do looked very jagged but im not updating AK anymore. Thanks!

This man speaks the truth. espcially on the squares it would be nice if they where shades into the background.

on another note. This game isn't getting enough attention for what it's worth.

I know eh. wth. :)