The sequel to Platform Battle has its own thread! Visit the Platform Battle 2 development thread and try out a demo!
Platform Battle is a hotseat platformer game in which two players battle each other with different characters. We really would appreciate your input!
Recently we broke the one thousand play mark on YoYo Games. Thank you for your support, GMC!
- Two-player gameplay on one keyboard
- Eight characters
- Fifteen levels
- Original music
Please look beyond the lack of AI.
Made on Game Maker 5.3 (because that's what I started with; plus, I use Vista)
YoYo Games link: Click Here
Direct download: Click Here
A few more points to note:
- My friends and I (used to) come back again and again to play it.
- Another friend of mine played it with his little brother for an hour when he first played it.
- What feedback we have gotten has usually been positive.
Thank you very much for your time and effort!
- It has been suggested time and time again that this game have AI in it. While I agree that that would make the game more fun, first of all, our programming probably isn't good enough for us to figure that kind of thing out, and second, I don't want this game to be enjoyed alone. Why? Because it's unhealthy. However, see below.
- We started the development of a sequel sometime around October or November of 2008 (at the time of this edit it was December 8, 2008). This announcement is more for record keeping than for anything else; however, suggestions are welcome! Those suggestions should be about things other than characters and levels (we will probably be developing our own characters and levels).
- In the sequel, we are hoping to add a level editor and online-play; however with the latter we may need lots of help...
- Thank you to samdamana for suggesting that we change the controls for Player 2's attack! In the sequel Player 2's attack will be, as he has suggested, executed with the ctrl key.
Edited by lasttea999, 31 October 2011 - 03:33 AM.