GMODE is 2D physics library based on ODE (Open Dynamic Engine) physics.
Follow progress on Twitter here.
UPCOMING FEATURES IN GMODE V2.0!
Contact me (MSN/PM) if you would like to test the alpha before v2.0 gets released as beta.
- [DONE] Whole code will be rewritten (C++ this time) and physics will be based on newest ODE svn version
- Proper documentation of all functions
- [DONE] Cleaner, easier to use code
- [DONE] All ODE functions are compiled inside GMODE.dll. This means ODE.dll will no longer be used separately.
- [DONE] All memory leaks are fixed (not a single leak of a byte with 3000 bodies and constant flow of them)
- [DONE] Huge speed improvements (around 410% faster comparing the older version of GMODE)
- Collision layers between bodies
- [DONE] Realistic fluids simulation example (see videoes below for an example)
- [DONE] Stiffness and repulsion of each particle body (with the right settings, you can re-create particle movement such as water, sand, mochi, tensile, smoke, fire, air, etc)
Stress Test: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=yoV9N8Yw3pI (the performance will still keep improving)
- [DONE] 100% Stability guaranteed as long as large forces/frictions aren't applied
- [PROGRESS] Multi-threading is the thing I am focusing on mostly (has been over 2 weeks) and it seems to be going well (significant speed
- Wiggling particles (just to add some realism - e.g. for sparks)
- Dynamic convex/concave shapes - will be implemented in late testing
- Blob bodies, destructible bodies and meltable bodies - those are pretty much future plans and considering the performance none of those are going to be a problem
- Bugs? Suggestions?
- Breakable joints?
- Support for Gamemaker 7 and 8 (GM6 version will no longer be updated - you can use old one though)
- Cleaner function names (few got renamed)
- New arguments for physx_start and physx_body_update
- Trimesh avaible (static only)
- New examples (motor and playground)
- Lots of new functions (damping, max rotation, pausing physics, fixed step etc)
- New line shape which can be used as terrain aswell
- Minor optimizations
- New functions
- Up to 50% faster (only while having more than 100 bodies)
- Joints added (fixed, hinge and slider)
- Realistic rigid-bodies
- Really simple to use
- Find out exact collision points
- Disable or enable collision between given bodies
- and more...
Keep in mind this is just a beta. I did not focus on the features but stability and speed.
Upcoming versions will include lots of speed improvements.
Please report all the bugs and post suggestions for next release!
For Gamemaker 7.0+ (GEX):
Link dead? http://www.mediafire.com/?immqymnz24e
For any other language e.g. C++ (DLL only):
Click here to download!
Old version of GMODE v0.30 for Gamemaker 6.0 (DLL):
Edited by Keth, 11 July 2010 - 03:37 PM.