makerofthegames

My last custom title

• GMC Member
  • 7629 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 04 December 2015 - 07:56 AM

Fatal error!
Spoiler

I was shooting the Hyper Pulse (cracked purple Komato weapon) on an Assassin. I did not have the strength for which to knock him down or whatever, but I think this took place during just the He Took Enough Armor Damage To Sustain Damage phase? Or maybe I shot him long enough for him to sustain armor damage? Either way, it broke.

Also, considering we've run into this problem before, go ahead and do whatever it is you did to fix the last one, on every enemy in the game. That'll save me some time. XD

EDIT: Also let's talk about sound effects. Are those sound effects of explosions in Sector 5 something you added? But more importantly, when Assassins (and other people?? check) charge their laser-blasters it doesn't make the correct sound effect, I don't think? It doesn't sound as impactful as it should..

EDIT2: GOD DAMN IT THIS FATAL ERROR PISSES ME OFF!
Spoiler

I'd already played through basically the entire sector (except the last third but that part's tiny), got the velocither got the poster (which caused another skippable crash for exactly the same reason as all the previous times I've grabbed new posters.. emphasis on -new-), and then it broke when I shot Yukabakxivjwhatever his name is with a plasma cannon. Except no! He got knocked down, and the game crashed a frame before he finished getting back up! Damn it! So much effort! Wasted!

EDIT3: Fatal error. Okay, that's enough Iji for tonight.
Spoiler

I -think- this is self explanatory? Note, I wasn't using the purple Hyper Pulse, because I'm scared of that weapon crashing the game. Instead, I used the regular green komato pulse weapon (no cracking required!) and it crashed the game. yay

Edited by makerofthegames, 04 December 2015 - 08:42 AM.

#2302 Alvare

Alvare

Not an administrator

• GMC Member
  • 1812 posts
  • Version:None

Posted 04 December 2015 - 10:39 AM

We're getting there. :)

I was shooting the Hyper Pulse (cracked purple Komato weapon) on an Assassin. I did not have the strength for which to knock him down or whatever, but I think this took place during just the He Took Enough Armor Damage To Sustain Damage phase? Or maybe I shot him long enough for him to sustain armor damage? Either way, it broke.

Fixed.

EDIT: Also let's talk about sound effects. Are those sound effects of explosions in Sector 5 something you added? But more importantly, when Assassins (and other people?? check) charge their laser-blasters it doesn't make the correct sound effect, I don't think? It doesn't sound as impactful as it should..

The sound effects had sound_frequency attached to them. All I gotta do is replacing them with audio_sound_pitch instead. All original sounds are still used. It's just that they sound more badass on lower pitch. Tor also uses lower pitch for the same re-used sounds.  :P

I'd already played through basically the entire sector (except the last third but that part's tiny), got the velocither got the poster (which caused another skippable crash for exactly the same reason as all the previous times I've grabbed new posters.. emphasis on -new-), and then it broke when I shot Yukabakxivjwhatever his name is with a plasma cannon. Except no! He got knocked down, and the game crashed a frame before he finished getting back up! Damn it! So much effort! Wasted!

I'm going to look into that entirely. Never fighted Yubabak before.

You need to go on beta update channel of GmStudio. I think I'm the one with the more 'stable' version here. (as I get no errors from write_ini not being argumented correctly.)

I-think- this is self explanatory? Note, I wasn't using the purple Hyper Pulse, because I'm scared of that weapon crashing the game. Instead, I used the regular green komato pulse weapon (no cracking required!) and it crashed the game. yay

Green and purple are the same object. So pulse causes the same error. Please wait for a bit though, I need time to fix all these. And then I'll send you a new version.

Edited by Alvare, 04 December 2015 - 10:41 AM.

#2303 makerofthegames

makerofthegames

My last custom title

• GMC Member
  • 7629 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 09:47 AM

Two things.

First:

Spoiler

Text pops out the side.

Second, fatal error:
Spoiler

What happened when I actually did attempt to f4 retry, at the start of Sector 7.

EDIT:

Damn, fatal error about the Hyper Pulse. Thought we'd gotten all of these.
Spoiler

Silly Hyper Pulse! You're supposed to knock the turret's head clean off, not crash the game!

EDIT2:
Ah man, this doesn't work!!

Spoiler

Pictured: Me shooting an Assassin with a shotgun, and doing enough armor damage to make him take damage, and he teleports. I'm using "he" even tough all assassins except Asha are canon female, whatever. Her damage, enough to make her take damage, anyways, also pictured: "Explosive Shotgun" at the top of the screen. But.. no explosion. Yeah, explosive shotgun just doesn't work at all currently.

EDIT3:
Also, when you pause, the alarm for the assassin to teleport still gets triggered, it seems? Because even though the assassin should've taken longer to appear, when I unpause she just teleports right in. ALSO, the noise and graphics for her charging her laser blasters disappear when you pause like that and then unpause. When you unpause, she'll just automatically be there, poised to shoot at you, but with no real warning other than particle effects. Then she shoots you.
Spoiler

EDIT4: Oh yay, another friggin' Fatal Error in sector 7, I wonder if I'll ever finish it?
Spoiler

You saw the area I'm obviously in by the previous two screenshots, right? It's the logbook to the top left of that enclosed area. It breaks the game when you try to read it.

EDIT5: Fatal error!
Spoiler

This is what happened when I kicked the turret's head into the Komato Beast. I think that's what they're called. I intentionally kicked the turret head around by walking into it after it was dismounted, and then directly into the Komato Beast, expecting it to take a damage and then explode, instead--crash.

Edited by makerofthegames, 05 December 2015 - 10:16 AM.

#2304 Alvare

Alvare

Not an administrator

• GMC Member
  • 1812 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 10:16 AM

1 - Fixed.

2 - Fixed.

3 - Fixed. Might be the last one. :P

It wasn't really related to the pulse, as the error indicates a missing value in the scr_turretkick, but it was in the collision with the pulse.

4 - Needs fixing. Gonna look into all these random powers.

5 - Needs fixing. That's a tough one. Perhaps the assassin doesn't get deactivated/reactivated properly. The game uses that system after all.

6 - Fixed. It's a hidden skill. Within the logbook. Also figured it's not being saved into the ini yet. So I'll change that right now.

7 - Fixed.

Edited by Alvare, 05 December 2015 - 10:28 AM.

#2305 makerofthegames

makerofthegames

My last custom title

• GMC Member
  • 7629 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 10:32 AM

Also, Komato berserkers are dropping Shocksplinter ammo without me cracking them. I don't think that's normal.
EDIT: The Assassins too? Actually, don't know. Probably, if the berserkers do.
EDIT2: Don't know about the annihilators, haven't fought one yet.
EDIT5: Yes that edit number is correct, I'm allowed to edit the top of my post. Anyway, I think the problem is that ALL enemies are dropping ammo as if they'd been cracked first, based on the number of Rocket Launcher Ammo I've been casually getting from Tasen Soldiers.
EDIT6: I could, of course, be WRONG. Which sucks. It's hard to prove something when there isn't a great big "FATAL ERROR" floating above me.

EDIT3: FATAL ERROR THERE IS NO GOD
Spoiler

Gonna replay Sector 7 for the 10th time now or so. I don't know how many. I hope the sentinel doesn't have any frickin' errors.
OKAY SO THIS IS A WEIRD ONE. You know right under the Mia's Ribbon for this Sector? (Which incidentally didn't spawn, I must've forgotten to grab hers the last time I played Sector 6? Otherwise I dunno, I swear I don't remember forgetting it, I definitely grabbed it in one of my playthroughs.. it probably just fatal errored and then I forgot to get it the second time).

ANWYAY. BELOW WHERE MIA'S RIBBON IS SUPPOSED TO BE ON SECTOR 7 sfter getting off the Komato ship, fall down and go to the right where there are two Komato Beasts behind a blast shield door, there's a crackable container there. Cracking that container crashes the game. WHY.

EDIT4: Guess who's never finishing Sector 7???
Spoiler

I am joking of course, I -am- going to finish Sector 7. Probably.
Anyway, you haven't fully fixed the Nanospark. Sure, it doesn't crash immediately when it tries to spark, but I walked up to a pair of enemies, a Komato Trooper and Komato Berserker, and.. .. ... ... .... this. I don't know which one caused it. I don't know why it's checking shredder hp when there was no shredder. Whatever.

Edited by makerofthegames, 05 December 2015 - 10:55 AM.

#2306 Alvare

Alvare

Not an administrator

• GMC Member
  • 1812 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 11:02 AM

Lol. This game does a lot of things we can't see without looking into the code.

Thanks once again makerofthegames. I will look into everything. :)

EDIT - And yes, I've noticed the amount of ammo dropped by enemy's. It's strange.

The crackable box had no security variables declared. So I set it to 0.

Ribbons don't get saved. At least global.numribbons isn't being saved in any way, so rebooting the game might cause it to lose that information.

Edited by Alvare, 05 December 2015 - 11:14 AM.

#2307 makerofthegames

makerofthegames

My last custom title

• GMC Member
  • 7629 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 11:11 AM

I HAVE FURY!
Spoiler

YEP THAT'S RIGHT AT THE LAST PHYSICAL LITERALLY LAST POSSIBLE MOMENT, SECTOR 7 CRASHED. YAY. GONNA ENJOY REPLAYING THAT AGAIN, BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT RIGHT NOW! I'm done for right now actually, because this crash here really puts me in a tight spot.

See, it crashed on the Supercharge. To get the Supercharge in Sector 7, you have to destroy the Sentinel without thrusting it into those easy-to-damage-it electric zappy things. So I did that. It takes a while. Then the game crashed.

I'm trying an All Supercharges run as my first run through this version of Iji. To be honest, I'm not explicitly bughunting, at least not in my mind--I'm just trying to enjoy the game. Having the game crash 18 times is just part of it. This is fatal error 18, I think. it's at least FATAL ERROR 18,png because that's what I named it. I've been numbering them.

Edited by makerofthegames, 05 December 2015 - 11:12 AM.

#2308 Alvare

Alvare

Not an administrator

• GMC Member
  • 1812 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 11:24 AM

Never knew that would be possible. Declared the variable as 0 and I'll have a fight with Proxima to see if it works now. (I just do add an event with a button that drains it's health variable)

It's much faster to test that way.

#2309 makerofthegames

makerofthegames

My last custom title

• GMC Member
  • 7629 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 08:45 PM

Fatal error.
Spoiler

Generally what I think is supposed to happen when a turret head hits an elevator is the turret head breaks instantly, but in this case it merely crashed the game.

It was Sector 8, the turret head in that big room with the annihilator to the top right, and the elevator was the elevator that takes you to that room, which is the second room in the game that has an annihilator.

Note: That specific turret head might be unique, considering it's used to get the Supercharge on Sector 8. Which I fear will ALSO cause a fatal error.

Yeah I have no idea what the error is. I myself added "ismeta=0" to the creation event of turret, and I'm going to test this again and see if I get a more meaningful error message.

EDIT2: I do not know if I fixed it, but I did manage to kick the turret OVER the lift, and got the supercharge down below.

Also, unrelated fatal error.
Spoiler

So the logbook next to the terminal that lets you activate the annihilator in Sector X? Yeah, it crashed the game. Dammit.

EDIT3: Fatal errors are always such a pain when I'm trying to have fun. XD. But that's why I'm here, trying to make a version of the game that is lagless and doesn't have fatal errors.

Spoiler

I tried cracking a turret. Specifically, it was the turret in Sector 9 with the assassin and below where you get the Banana Gun. Tell me you know of the Banana Gun. If not, I might have a fatal error for you when I finally get to it. XD

EDIT4: Fatal error
Spoiler

Edited by makerofthegames, 05 December 2015 - 10:23 PM.

#2310 Alvare

Alvare

Not an administrator

• GMC Member
  • 1812 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 11:10 PM

At least I have confirmed that the Banana Gun seems to work.

Yeah I fixed the Massacre and the Banana Gun. :)

The Null driver seems almost impossible to find in both code and in the game.

I tried cracking a turret. Specifically, it was the turret in Sector 9 with the assassin and below where you get the Banana Gun. Tell me you know of the Banana Gun. If not, I might have a fatal error for you when I finally get to it. XD

Lol I entirely missed that. Never cracked a turret. Haha xD

No image.. same fatal error as a bit ago, image already exists in a different, earlier post. You didn't fix the nanospark crashing the game, it crashes when it hurts enemies. In Sector 9, you're forced to get one of those nano charge things and it randomly gave me nanospark. I was like "hm, good, should be fixed" but instead the game crashed when it hurt the assassin. dammit.

Sorry, still need to look into that. My playthroughs are all pacifist. When you're pacifist, you receive other random powers, like invisible and no armor damage.

So next time testing, I'm going to do a violent playthrough like yours.

So the logbook next to the terminal that lets you activate the annihilator in Sector X? Yeah, it crashed the game. Dammit.

No, it's the terminal that activates the annihilator beta. Not the logbook. But very good find. I'm going to search through all scr_logs now to eliminate those wrongsum variables. (They're no longer needed. They used to check if the savefile was corrupt or not.)

That specific turret head might be unique, considering it's used to get the Supercharge on Sector 8. Which I fear will ALSO cause a fatal error.

Might be an unique tagged one indeed. Triggering something others don't. It has to do with the easteregg in sector 8. I'm 100% sure.

ismeta is an variable that's supposed to be passed through by a parent. Currently, how GmS works, is that if something's in the parents create, and the children have their own create, it doesn't happen.

So all the children need to have ismeta set to 0 and it's solved. It's not the turret that's wrong, it's apparently the lift.

Thanks once again pal. :)

Edited by Alvare, 05 December 2015 - 11:23 PM.

#2311 Lukan Spellweaver

Lukan Spellweaver

Gay Wizard Freak & mcmonkey's plaything

• GMC Member
  • 3704 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 02:50 AM

You can use event_inherited() to make children use the parent's event with their own.

DeEuDARh.pngi1SR21Q.png

Find me on Itch.io | GameJolt | YouTube | Twitter | Facebook | Website | Ask.FM

GMC Google Hangout | I liek monkehs

The GMC, here lies she. Kicked to the curb, with nary a word. She shall live on, though. Remain strong, bros.

Also: MIKE DAILLY TOLD ME TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE

#2312 Alvare

Alvare

Not an administrator

• GMC Member
  • 1812 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 07:54 PM

1s85o1zq2zkn9bdzg.jpg

czb758onql244nfzg.jpg

DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.../iji 1.7.05.exe

BUILD: 1.7.05

LAST UPDATE: 12/07/15

Edited by Alvare, 10 December 2015 - 01:23 PM.

#2313 makerofthegames

makerofthegames

My last custom title

• GMC Member
  • 7629 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 08:57 PM

ughhhh why did you leave off "Interpolate colors between pixels" ?? XD it's basically the "Make the game playable in fullscreen mode". [also under "Allow player to resize the game window, tick 'Keep aspect ratio' because again if you don't then the game is god-ugly in fullscreen]

I mean, you can argue that the pixel art should stand on its own.
But it still does stand on its own. Not interpolating means allowing the art to become muddled and obfuscated by screen ratios and stretching. It looks gross.

UM. ALL THAT ASIDE, I'm excited! yay! I don't know if we've got all the fatal errors out yet, but I'm looking forward to playing Tor for the first real time in many years!

EDIT: Loaded the game back up (from the gmz you sent me) with the ^^^ modifications so I can play happily in fullscreen mode, and as of Sector 4 completion I haven't run into any fatal errors at all. Still getting the ini write thing but I think my version of GMS is outdated. Though, I haven't tested your .exe up there at all.

Edited by makerofthegames, 07 December 2015 - 10:09 PM.

#2314 Dinasourus Rex

Dinasourus Rex

GMC Member

• 2 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 06:56 PM

Havent beaten it yet but Great game sofar

Good graphics and gameplay. 

The backgrounds and music were great.

10/10

#2315 orange08

orange08

Art Game Movement

• GMC Member
  • 2272 posts
  • Version:GM:HTML5

Posted 12 December 2015 - 01:57 PM

Quote from Daniel Remar's website:

22 November 2015
Small updates
Hyper Princess Pitch and Princess Remedy have received some small graphical updates. I hope to return to my spare time projects next year too, namely the Strawberry game and Iji 1.7, which will include porting it to some version of Game Maker more likely to run on modern systems.

Are you guys aware that he is planning to port the game to a newer version of GM as well?

Z8vrE7W.png WRhLqHy.png
"I'm just glad Off-topic isn't being removed. Otherwise I risk actually doing something productive." -RoyTheShort

#2316 Alvare

Alvare

Not an administrator

• GMC Member
  • 1812 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 03:26 PM

Quote from Daniel Remar's website:

22 November 2015
Small updates
Hyper Princess Pitch and Princess Remedy have received some small graphical updates. I hope to return to my spare time projects next year too, namely the Strawberry game and Iji 1.7, which will include porting it to some version of Game Maker more likely to run on modern systems.

Are you guys aware that he is planning to port the game to a newer version of GM as well?

Good question. Yes I am aware of the update. He is planning on porting Iji himself to 7.0 first. Even if I told him it isn't worth it (considering the lack of features gm7.0 has), he might still do it.

But the last response got from Daniel was 11/26/15, after he made that update. Seems like he either is too busy to check his e-mail as much as I do, or gets too many mails to notice my updates. Probably the last one.

Anyway, last update I send to him for version 1.7.05 was 12/07/15. No response back yet. Like he mentioned in one email to me, I'd be the first to successfully port the game. Lots of other tried and then gave up.

Working on something new for the game. Will take an some time, but it is worth it:

wit16jc91264irbzg.jpg

Basically, what this does, is replacing the art, by vector. When turning off the anti-aliasing, it will still look like the original pixel art, but now allows me to zoom in or stretch the art while remaining the pixel size.

It is how Tor works, because he's also drawn with primitives.

Edited by Alvare, 12 December 2015 - 03:36 PM.

#2317 makerofthegames

makerofthegames

My last custom title

• GMC Member
  • 7629 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 10:12 PM

The phantom hammer in sector .. 7? If you shoot it with a rocket the game crashes. On mobile right now, but I do have a screenshot on my computer.

#2318 makerofthegames

makerofthegames

My last custom title

• GMC Member
  • 7629 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 06:07 AM

ALMOST got through sector 8.
ALMOST.

So, bug. It turns out, health, or at least the health station at the end of sector 8, doesn't notice when you max it out. In fact, I spent an extra point and got Health level 11. Though, I did not actually seem to have any more health.

To give me the point I spent back, I simply cracked myse
Spoiler

#2319 juanchacon99

juanchacon99

GMC Member

• 14 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 23 December 2015 - 05:56 AM

Awesome.

Playing games till the end...

#2320 DarkFalzX

DarkFalzX

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 484 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 03:24 PM

All download links for the new version are dead:(
Any chance to get a re-host of the updated project?

HW5P7IN.png and iOdNkOP.png

#2321 makerofthegames

makerofthegames

My last custom title

• GMC Member
  • 7629 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 05:41 PM

I'll ask Alvare.

#2322 Alvare

Alvare

Not an administrator

• GMC Member
  • 1812 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 09:21 PM

I'll reup my last progress sometime later. It's still on my desktop (Which is almost completely dead)

Just don't feel like doing this anymore. It was fun for a bit though.

#2323 makerofthegames

makerofthegames

My last custom title

• GMC Member
  • 7629 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 09:33 PM

Okay. I'll take what you have and use it. Maybe I'll bugfix it on my own.
--though, for the anonymous potentially vast amount of people who will read this message now and in the future, please don't take that as an indication that I'm going to be piloting this project.. seriously, if the link isn't dead when you get here, feel free to do that yourself.

#2324 DarkFalzX

DarkFalzX

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 484 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 01:04 AM

I realized that I have actually downloaded the latest version a while ago and had it on my computer.

Here is a mirror for whoever wants it:

Iji 1.7.05 (Mediafire)

HW5P7IN.png and iOdNkOP.png