• Please log in to reply
2323 replies to this topic

#51 gamelover110

gamelover110

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 87 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 02:36 AM

:D This game was AWESOME!!! I loved the graphics,the story line,the fighting and level up system.Personally,I thought the game was emotional as well.

10/10 I say!!!!

#52 Sulfuric

Sulfuric

Nintendo Worshiper

• 1353 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 04:03 AM

I'm very happy that so many people are actually playing this game. You have no idea how many gems have been presented on the GMC but have eventually fallen to the next page because it doesn't have "3d" in the title or description.

I have only gotten to Sector 3 so far, but I can see me saving this game and eventually beating it. I definitely enjoyed the game. I love the over all depth in leveling up and customizing weapons. An automatic shotgun? AWESOME! Actually, those exist, but not at that speed.

Graphically the game was good, but I never really liked the solid colors of the player and enemies. It would look good if everything were like that, but it wasn't. I'm sure you used this method because it stood them out from the rest of the environment (and it was easier to animate), but it just seemed out of place in it's current theme.

The music was good. It really made me want to start killing a bunch of aliens. The sounds were also great. For some reason, I love the noise that your foot makes when it hits a wall. I'm more surprised that it's actually there. A lot of games completely lack sound effects, and that can really lower the quality of a game.

From what I've heard so far, the story seems fairly interesting. Aliens have attacked before, cyborgs have existed before, but the level of depth in each seems like it will be quite intriguing in the later parts of the game. I also suspect her brother will turn evil or something, but I'll have to see.

Game play wise things were good. I enjoyed the customization, although I really wish you could level up more than 5 times per sector... Combat wasn't revolutionary, but it worked. I just wish you could jump and shoot to make it more fast paced. I enjoyed the way rockets were presented with a clear understanding of when they would be fired. I loved crushing boxes too... I don't really know why. Cracking things was fun too. I haven't cracked to much yet, but I can imagine it gets quite difficult later on.

You really made something awesome and you should be proud of it. If only more people would actually put ANY effort into some of the games they release here. You are raising the bar.

Posted Image
Check out my website (above) for finished and upcoming games.
Solar Blue-The Mansion-God's Watch
Note: My name has changed. My old name was STARFOXROX.

#53 DarkFlame

DarkFlame

GMB Member...wtf?

• GMC Member
  • 2167 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 04:09 AM

I'm very happy that so many people are actually playing this game. You have no idea how many gems have been presented on the GMC but have eventually fallen to the next page because it doesn't have "3d" in the title or description.

I have only gotten to Sector 3 so far, but I can see me saving this game and eventually beating it. I definitely enjoyed the game. I love the over all depth in leveling up and customizing weapons. An automatic shotgun? AWESOME! Actually, those exist, but not at that speed.

Graphically the game was good, but I never really liked the solid colors of the player and enemies. It would look good if everything were like that, but it wasn't. I'm sure you used this method because it stood them out from the rest of the environment (and it was easier to animate), but it just seemed out of place in it's current theme.

The music was good. It really made me want to start killing a bunch of aliens. The sounds were also great. For some reason, I love the noise that your foot makes when it hits a wall. I'm more surprised that it's actually there. A lot of games completely lack sound effects, and that can really lower the quality of a game.

From what I've heard so far, the story seems fairly interesting. Aliens have attacked before, cyborgs have existed before, but the level of depth in each seems like it will be quite intriguing in the later parts of the game. I also suspect her brother will turn evil or something, but I'll have to see.

Game play wise things were good. I enjoyed the customization, although I really wish you could level up more than 5 times per sector... Combat wasn't revolutionary, but it worked. I just wish you could jump and shoot to make it more fast paced. I enjoyed the way rockets were presented with a clear understanding of when they would be fired. I loved crushing boxes too... I don't really know why. Cracking things was fun too. I haven't cracked to much yet, but I can imagine it gets quite difficult later on.

You really made something awesome and you should be proud of it. If only more people would actually put ANY effort into some of the games they release here. You are raising the bar.

I actually read all that, and i have to say i agrea.

The solid characters where a let down, but when the first big alien was shooting me he got depth for a split second, it looked really cool and it would of been nice to have it throughout.

I like how there always text to be reading on the screen, it wasnt intrusive but it was cool to know the names of areas and whatnot.

I think you should be proud with yourself, maybe we can see more games that people work on instead of these hurried 'art' games

#54 ultim8p00

ultim8p00

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 282 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 05:37 AM

Whoever called the story in this game "weak" has NOT EVEN SCRATCHED THE SURFACE. All I'll say is that I said "wow" at the end. Geeze. This game is very well made. There is virtually nothing wrong with it. In fact, this game has production values the likes of Cavestory. Damn, everything is so impressive. The story, the beautiful cutscenes, the kick ass gameplay and the super-kick of destruction...everything works so well. You can play this game how you want to. You can choose to be a hacker and level up your hacking abilities and play the game that way, avoiding combat when you can. You can even hack enemies and make them kill themselves. You can also play like a complete badass, leveling up your weapons and strength and killing anything that looks at you wrong. And you don't have to play at both extremes; you can play anywhere in between. And you know what else? The game adapts to the way you play. Who you choose to spare affects how the story plays, and even how your character reacts, the logbook notes she finds, and how some enemies react to you. Damn. This is just so well polished. I can't recommend this enough. Get this game NOW!
10/10

Edited by ultim8p00, 06 September 2008 - 05:48 AM.

#55 PurpleFuzzy

PurpleFuzzy

Punk Rock Princess

• GMC Member
  • 1589 posts
  • Version:None

Posted 06 September 2008 - 02:41 PM

I'm stuck in Sector 4... Bah.
I have to say, something that I didn't get to say earlier, is I really like Iji's character... I like how you didn't go for the obvious and just make the gung-ho "let's kill some alien b*tches!" It made her feel actually... I dunno, human.

It's really rare to find characters in a video game that are believable as real people. You've done that with Iji.

-PF

#56 Ultimortal

Ultimortal

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 365 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 03:44 PM

Thanks, especially Drewdelz, it's good to hear that from someone who saw the game's initial creation (as far I can recall) and still likes what it eventually became. There are actually two places in the game modeled after the very first alpha test areas I used back then - Iji says that one of them "seems familiar". The other is at the bottom of Deep Sector, hopefully giving a chilling feeling when you realize it. Of course, very few people would since they would have to have played the 2005 alpha demo, but I wanted to give them something special for sticking with the game.
Daniel's Base - home of Hero Core, Iji, Hyper Princess Pitch, Garden Gnome Carnage etc.

#57 gamewizkid

gamewizkid

GMC Member

• 436 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 04:08 PM

The ending is too sad... :D

One Word: The Best Action Game I've ever Played in my LIFE!!
Imagine a large mansion. And imagine that it has light, reflected off of the very large moon at night. Now imagine rain. Rain, rain, rain, rain, rain. Now imagine a light flickering in one or two of the windows of the mansion. And finally, imagine a cinder block and some sort of burnt trophy, laid on the side of the house; pieces of broken metal and wiring is twisted over and under them. Then imagine that the flickering lights turn off. Now the moon turns off. Did you like that? go here to read the full story...and PM me about it if you liked or didn't like it...

#58 NAVgames

NAVgames

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 91 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 10:54 PM

This game is very impressive. The graphics are simple,but have all the necessary detail. The levels are well designed. The music and sound is perfect.

However...I found a bug. After dying on the 5th stage (I think its the 5th? It's the one where the intro conversation gets cut off by an explosion), I skipped through the dialogue, and after that the character sprite disappeared whenever I used the kick attack.

Strange...however it might have been an error on my side.

Anyway, very nicely done game.

I review indie games for a gaming blog. If you have a game you would like me to review, send me a PM and I'll write you a review as soon as I can.

#59 Sulfuric

Sulfuric

Nintendo Worshiper

• 1353 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 02:27 AM

So, I began playing more, and I LOVE the weapons. I've combined most of them so far. I have all the standard ones and I'm only missing 2 more I believe for combinations. The story seems pretty cool so far. I love those bosses to. Fighting assassins is really fun.

I had a glitch of some kind as well. There was a standard Komato soldier, and it looked like he just kind of froze. I couldn't seem to kill him. When I tried cracking him, it said he was dead. But then one of the other aliens shot him with a rocket launcher, and he died. It was sort of weird.

I hope to finish this game soon. I'm on Sector 9 at the moment.

Edit: Okay, so I just beat Iosa. AWESOME FIGHT! It was a tad easy, but it was extremely cool. I loved how you finished her off! Are all soldiers suppose to be female in this? It just seems that way. It seems like just about everyone specifically mentioned is a girl. Though of course, many sound male :GM057:.

Edited by STARFOXROX, 07 September 2008 - 03:26 AM.

Posted Image

#60 adashofSiren

adashofSiren

GMC Member

• 22 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 02:41 AM

Played it and loved it thus far. I took a break after Sector 2. Will resume when I find some more free time. You deserve some big kudos on this hefty project. And don't let anyone completely put down your work. :GM057:

/adashofSiren

#61 enden90

enden90

GMC Member

• 2 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 06:17 AM

Wow, First of all I'd like to congratulate you for making an awesome game. Words cannot explain what I really mean. I've actually been tracking this game ever since you first introduced it (probably back in 2004 or 2005). Man... this is too awesome. The game is exceptionally well made. This is a very high quality commercial game. There is only one small minor problem and that was I couldnt make the screen smaller (well now that I think about it, it could be due to the fact that making the screen smaller may make the game's graphics look distorted and ugly)

Rating
Gameplay: 10/10
Graphics: 9.8/10 [The character models could use a little more shading, but the style itself it still simplistic and fun to look at]
Music/Sound: 10/10
Replay Value: 10/10

Overall: 10/10 (Outstanding!)
In all my five years of playing Game Maker games this is easily in my top 3 list. Excellent job you deserve it after 4 painstaking years of hardwork!

#62 Ultimortal

Ultimortal

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 365 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 09:16 AM

However...I found a bug. After dying on the 5th stage (I think its the 5th? It's the one where the intro conversation gets cut off by an explosion), I skipped through the dialogue, and after that the character sprite disappeared whenever I used the kick attack.

That's odd, never heard of that one before. All the sprites are loaded correctly as far as I can see, may have been a temporary hickup in the graphics.

I had a glitch of some kind as well. There was a standard Komato soldier, and it looked like he just kind of froze. I couldn't seem to kill him. When I tried cracking him, it said he was dead. But then one of the other aliens shot him with a rocket launcher, and he died. It was sort of weird.

Another bug I've never heard of or encountered before. :GM057: I'm not sure what the problem could be in this one, but it sounds similar to what happens when an enemy goes immediately from a walking to falling state, not sure how he pulled it off though. Where in the level was it?

Are all soldiers suppose to be female in this? It just seems that way. It seems like just about everyone specifically mentioned is a girl. Though of course, many sound male :GM023:.

About half of the cast and enemies are female, I guess they stick out a bit among the males. Some characters you interact with were made female by necessity since they were voiced by a woman (the Tasen Soldiers).
Daniel's Base - home of Hero Core, Iji, Hyper Princess Pitch, Garden Gnome Carnage etc.

#63 Babrook

Babrook

Pirate

• 304 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 01:23 PM

Excellent game. I was surprised (and Impressed) when I found out this was made in Game Maker.

#64 Drewdelz

Drewdelz

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1056 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 03:58 PM

Soooo, SPOILERS.

- - -

- - -

- - -

Playing on Extreme, I found a secret place called "Deep Sector".
Click here for pic.

It's dark, and apparently smells like blood. lol I went down, found a powerup called "SUPERCHARGE: POINTS +1". What does that do, exactly?(didn't notice my stats go up, and it didn't have a timer)
Click here for pic.

On my way out, I get ambushed by like two or 3 assassins and die. lol
Click here for pic.

Soooo, what else is down there? Anything?
Are there anymore areas like this in the game? lol

#65 SunnyKatt

SunnyKatt

Code Drama

• Sandbox Moderators
  • 704 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 07 September 2008 - 04:45 PM

Awesome game. One of my favorites. I want this on YYG, I would give it a staff pick for sure. Excellent!

newsigp.png

Computer Science / Indie Game Dev. Check my site by clicking above. New game won't be announced for a while; sit tight.

#66 THE KAPPTIN

THE KAPPTIN

El Capitano

• 2374 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 09:34 PM

Love the intro, love the animations, really like how you try to make killing seem more meaningful (though it's still unavoidable). The animation on the hoverbike thing really impresses me. Very impressive game, quite fun to play through, too.

I died in a later level and was set WAY back from where I was though. It's a big friggin maze of a place, full of hard enemies, and I was put really far back (not to mention 5 levels down). All I'm saying is the save system should probabgly be more player-friendly, because as it is, I ended up quitting rather than play that level over, so I won't see the end of the game unfortunately.

Edited by THE KAPPTIN, 07 September 2008 - 09:37 PM.

I literally have a degree in game development... sucka!!
"I quote myself in my signature." -THE KAPPTIN

#67 Ultimortal

Ultimortal

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 365 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 10:50 PM

Drewdelz: Supercharges, like the one you found, give you +1 point to spend on upgrades. It's like an instant level up, but pushing your point total beyond your maximum level. You also keep these extra points when you perform a Nanofield reboot.

There is only one secret area larger and more unusual (and proportionally harder to get to), which is Sector Z.

#68 Sulfuric

Sulfuric

Nintendo Worshiper

• 1353 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 01:32 AM

Well, I beat the game. EPIC final boss. A tad easy, but I'm sure it will be harder on Extreme. I just loved the animation, attacks, and everything of the boss. I also loved the ending song. WORDS!!!

So, I know there's a secret place in Sector 1... But I need a rocket launcher? How would that work? I'm guessing one of the turrets or enemies? Arg! I MUST FIGURE IT OUT! I can't remember the clue anymore than that though ^_^. Better play through once more to find out.

What's that Deep Sector? How do you get there?

Posted Image

#69 lordfrikk

lordfrikk

GMC Member

• 2 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 04:11 PM

I've beaten the game at Extreme difficuty and tbh I'm pretty exhausted :)) I got the Sector Maps Extra unlocked so if anyone's interested, just send me a PM, maybe we can find some secret places.

In the end let me say that this game is a true masterpiece, I admire the author for spending 4 years of his life on this. KUDOS!!

#70 Drewdelz

Drewdelz

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1056 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 08:16 PM

Gah, I can't beat the final boss on extreme. :) Maybe I need to redo my stats and try it a different way.

#71 I.Q. of Spam

I.Q. of Spam

Jenius

• GMC Member
  • 356 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 09:43 PM

I've got a game going right now, currently on sector 7, normal mode.

Stat build is St 10, Cr 10, Ta 6, Ko 6, all else 1.
Current kills = 2
Current damage = 19

I'll see if I can get through with innocent/immortal, though I think I'll upgrade my health a bit before I face off with the final boss.
Having a little trouble with sector 7 right now though, I keep trying to get the ribbon, but two Beasts against 2 hp and my not killing anything - meh.

EDIT: Actually, I've already beat that - I have a save on sector 8 with 2 kills and 26 damage, but I don't think I got the ribbon for it.

By the way, I didn't mention this earlier, but the music is good. It seems that very few people realize just how much music contributes to the atmosphere and feel of a game.
EDIT 2:

Semi-spoiler

Hey, am I the first one to save Dan's life!? Awesome, I wondered if there was a way to do it!

EDIT 3: I beat it again, but got Skilled instead of Immortal because the last sector really gave me a good beating. Unfortunately, I can't try again, because for some reason the game corrupted the save file again. I don't see why exactly you have to encrypt it at all - I mean, if someone hacks it and spoils their experience playing it, isn't that their problem?

So yeah, I keep losing my save file during the game, dunno why. One thing I have noticed though is that the music and a large percentage of the sounds simply cease to play when this happens, so a good chunk of the game suddenly goes without sound.

Edited by I.Q. of Spam, 09 September 2008 - 01:27 AM.

Studies show that 96% of people believe every statistic they read.

#72 Sulfuric

Sulfuric

Nintendo Worshiper

• 1353 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 02:48 AM

:P!

[spoilers]How do you save Dan's life?[/spoilers]

Well, I decided to visit the last level with level select, and found out that you can fight the boss on Maximum Charge Mode or what ever it's called. I beat him, but I LOVED that attack he did where he charged up his gun, hit the ground with his foot and then unleashed a massive laser. VERY epic.

Yikes, Extreme is kind of annoying. It's hard to figure out what upgrades I should get. I may redo my stats at some point. I know the Devastator is a must! Therefore, I'll probably go for full health and Tasen. Cracking is a usual for me, but some things are more important... like beating the game :).

Posted Image

#73 FranzKafka

FranzKafka

GMC Member

• 11 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 03:30 AM

Erm, anyone want to give me advice?
I can't seem to kill the final boss.
On Ultimortal.
With Maximum Charge enabled.
D:
My problem is that the turrets slaughter me. If it weren't for them, I could dodge every single attack (Gotta save this for Sudden Death mode :3 )...
But the turrets...
ARGH!
And I don't know how to deal with them.
(By the way, the game was awesome. I've played through it 7 times now, every time noticing new things. My goal is to unlock absolutely everything, and complete every extra. When this is done, I shalt post a screenie.)

Edited by FranzKafka, 09 September 2008 - 03:36 AM.

#74 StupidStudios

StupidStudios

Evil Spambot

• GMC Member
  • 270 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 09 September 2008 - 09:02 AM

Wow, excellent, the best GM game I've ever player, even better than Backdown, and I wasn't expecting to find a better one. Great story, sucked me up, not very original thought, but who cares? I don't. Great controls, balance, in one word great.
10/10

#75 Ultimortal

Ultimortal

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 365 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 11:32 AM

So yeah, I keep losing my save file during the game, dunno why. One thing I have noticed though is that the music and a large percentage of the sounds simply cease to play when this happens, so a good chunk of the game suddenly goes without sound.

That's really strange, haven't heard of it before. Sounds like a more direct problem with your computer, as the only reason the savefile would ever corrupt itself is if Windows only manages to write it partially the instant you choose "save", or the file gets renamed for some reason. Sounds like something is messing with your game folder to me.

If you would attempt to open a corrupt savefile the game could glitch out in the most bizarre ways, which is why the checksum is there, but I can guarantee that the encryption itself is bugfree.

My problem is that the turrets slaughter me. If it weren't for them, I could dodge every single attack (Gotta save this for Sudden Death mode :3 )...

Try to stick low to the ground and reflect the turrets' shots, as they follow you up in the air if you jump. The turrets get instantly destroyed by everything you can reflect back at them, and some of the boss's reflected weapons are so powerful they cut right through the turrets and may destroy both at the same time.

#76 Lukearentz

Lukearentz

My Two Cents

• 2587 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:45 PM

How long did this take to make?
I have left the GMC, and my domain is no longer registered to me.
All previous links will not work, for any information/links please PM me, and I may be able to help you

#77 I.Q. of Spam

I.Q. of Spam

Jenius

• GMC Member
  • 356 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 01:27 PM

Well the game is on my USB jump-drive, but that doesn't make a difference because the first time I lost the save file, the game was on my desktop. Anyway, the glitch happens at random, usually after I die, the sounds and music don't come back. It may also be related to the alt-tab bug, because I do use that while in the game occasionally. I'm sorry, but I don't mess with the folder, and I'm sure my computer isn't messing with it either, so that leaves your game.

Plus, it's happened twice - I doubt that there is much of a random element there.

I could perhaps PM you the save file, if you want to look at it - maybe you can decypher what happened from it?
Just looking at it compared to a good save file, this one is missing the 'Ijicryption ... don't mess with the game file' thing at the end of it. Does the game also check for that?

Also:

How long did this take to make?

Perhaps you should read the first post a little bit?

[spoilers]How do you save Dan's life?[/spoilers]

I think it's going to be my little secret for awhile. :)

Edited by I.Q. of Spam, 09 September 2008 - 01:40 PM.

#78 FranzKafka

FranzKafka

GMC Member

• 11 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 02:07 PM

Hint to people who want to know how to save Dan:
You don't pick up items for no reason.
(Also, you're not the first to figure this out. I've found a lot of the secrets in the game, like, say, skipping asha part two. Or fighting with an Annihalator. :) )

Edited by FranzKafka, 09 September 2008 - 02:12 PM.

#79 I.Q. of Spam

I.Q. of Spam

Jenius

• GMC Member
  • 356 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 03:29 PM

Hint to people who want to know how to save Dan:
You don't pick up items for no reason.
(Also, you're not the first to figure this out. I've found a lot of the secrets in the game, like, say, skipping asha part two. Or fighting with an Annihalator. :) )

Darn.

#80 Elmernite

Elmernite

Kengine

• GMC Member
  • 424 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 07:37 PM

I managed to beat the game on normal going the run-an-gun style. I hope to try the game again and go for the more peaceful route. Stunning stuff! The sheer amount of work that must have gone into this game is incredible. It deserves to be played through several times. I hope to give it that much play time. These are the types of game that show it's not the tool, Game Maker isn't limited. It's all between the keyboard and the chair whether or not the game is any good. This whole game can almost be summed up in one word. Epic!
(The game, however, is much to amazing to be summed up with one word.)
It also takes the most emotional game ever made with game maker award. (It would have been the most emotional game I have ever played, but I've played Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, sorry)
I don't care if your on Dial-up. Download this game now. That's not a request, that's an order. Download it, experience it, enjoy it, and come back and post.
-Elmernite

rsbanner.png
Kengine Gaming "Kengine Gaming is the best GM site I've seen" - flubmasterQ
"Good games never die" - Elmernite

#81 Ultimortal

Ultimortal

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 365 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 08:42 PM

I could perhaps PM you the save file, if you want to look at it - maybe you can decypher what happened from it?

Yes, please do that.

And, a few people over on TigSource have discovered pretty much everything in the entire game already. :)

#82 orange08

orange08

Art Game Movement

• GMC Member
  • 2272 posts
  • Version:GM:HTML5

Posted 09 September 2008 - 10:30 PM

D- di- Did you make this all by yourselft? (O)_(O)
o

*faints*

Good game!-- Great game!

I can see why it took you 4 years to make this 0_o
Good job on the Graphics (10/10) Good job on EVERYTHING! Overall: 11/10

I cant wait to see the next game you make!

-orange08

Z8vrE7W.png WRhLqHy.png
"I'm just glad Off-topic isn't being removed. Otherwise I risk actually doing something productive." -RoyTheShort

#83 FranzKafka

FranzKafka

GMC Member

• 11 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 11:36 PM

Whoa, I checked their secrets list, and I have found... just about all of them.
Are you telling me there's more than what's on their list, then?
(*Tries to finish off the last boss with the bananagun on ultimortal, charged up*)

#84 jakman4242

jakman4242

Vertical Shmup Junkie

• 3222 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 11:47 PM

First off... I love this game.

Secondly, this is by far one of the most emotionally moving games I've ever played. The concepts felt so original, even though they were almost overused ones. You had me playing this game from 2:00AM to 6:00PM, only to get to that one Annihilator boss, Ilsa or something like that, right? I especially loved they style you made this in, giving both sides of the story from the logs your enemies made. I truthfully almost cried after the part about the guy who had lost his girlfriend -- to you -- being killed. Seriously. I've never had a better experience playing a game. I don't think I can really rate this, the game is just too good to be judged by me.

This has a place in my Game Links folder forever. Cheers!

-Jack
-- My blog. --

#85 FranzKafka

FranzKafka

GMC Member

• 11 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 12:50 AM

I truthfully almost cried after the part about the guy who had lost his girlfriend -- to you -- being killed.

That was a girl and her girlfriend. Alien lesbians man, alien lesbians.

#86 Sulfuric

Sulfuric

Nintendo Worshiper

• 1353 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 01:24 AM

I truthfully almost cried after the part about the guy who had lost his girlfriend -- to you -- being killed.

I think that's just referring to her friend being a girl... You know, like a lot of girls do in real life.

So, I'm still playing this game. I re did my stats to give myself more health. I figure, health and tasen are the most important right now. Tasen because of the blue gun... Why can't I remember the name? Also, how do I get the banana gun????

Posted Image

#87 I.Q. of Spam

I.Q. of Spam

Jenius

• GMC Member
  • 356 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 01:50 AM

I thought the same thing, perhaps the choice of words gives this impression?
Or maybe it is a correct impression...

The blue gun is the MPFB Devastator, or M-something-something-something Devastator, something like that. That gun is definately quite something, and it is really quite something to see it blast something like some Komato into somewhere else.

But... THE NUKE RULES!

#88 Sulfuric

Sulfuric

Nintendo Worshiper

• 1353 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 02:48 AM

I thought the same thing, perhaps the choice of words gives this impression?
Or maybe it is a correct impression...

The blue gun is the MPFB Devastator, or M-something-something-something Devastator, something like that. That gun is definately quite something, and it is really quite something to see it blast something like some Komato into somewhere else.

But... THE NUKE RULES!

Devastator, that's it. I highly doubt that's the correct impression, like I said before. It's common.

So, you can save Dan, pilot an annihilator, get a banana gun... There is a lot to see in this game. So far, I've only collected two posters, fought the final boss on maximum power, and that's about it for hidden stuff. I MUST FIND MORE! I heard Sector Z was in Sector 1, so there's that.

Posted Image

#89 Andy

Andy

GMC Veteran

• GMC Member
  • 1988 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 03:08 AM

Just astounding work you put into this masterpiece Ultimortal. The graphics and presentation are very well done. I enjoy the music and sound also. Your creation’s story pulls me in. I have been playing this game, a lot, more than most of the other games I have downloaded in the last few months. The level up feature has drawn me in the most. It helps the game be less like your common platform shooter. :)

Please visit my website, Andygames.com today!

#90 Ultimortal

Ultimortal

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 365 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 10:47 AM

FranzKafka: They're homosexual, yes. I can see why people would think it was a misinterpretation, and it's only mentioned once that the lovesick diary-writer is a girl.

I.Q. of Spam: I've looked at your savefile, and here's what's happened. The game saves in two steps, first writing the actual file and closing it, then immediately re-opening it to read it and write the checksum. I don't know how, because I've never heard of it before, but your computer seems incapable of doing the second step. Ideally I should rewrite how the checksum is written and just never close the file in between the two steps to begin with, but it would take a long time to bugtest it. Maybe later.

#91 I.Q. of Spam

I.Q. of Spam

Jenius

• GMC Member
  • 356 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 06:00 PM

I.Q. of Spam: I've looked at your savefile, and here's what's happened. The game saves in two steps, first writing the actual file and closing it, then immediately re-opening it to read it and write the checksum. I don't know how, because I've never heard of it before, but your computer seems incapable of doing the second step. Ideally I should rewrite how the checksum is written and just never close the file in between the two steps to begin with, but it would take a long time to bugtest it. Maybe later.

Nice to see you've got it pinned down, though for accuracy, I would like to say my system occasionally does not re-open the file correctly.

As for piloting an Annihilator, I didn't think that was supposed to be a "secret". I found that the very first time I played the game. Still haven't seen how to skip the second half of the Asha battle though, and I don't know what the banana gun is. I'm currently working to get all the posters so I can see sector Z, I have the first 2 so far.

#92 Ultimortal

Ultimortal

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 365 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 09:39 PM

Nice to see you've got it pinned down, though for accuracy, I would like to say my system occasionally does not re-open the file correctly.

Yeah, that's even stranger. A rewrite of how the game handles this would fix it though.

As for secrets, there's also the Scrambler, getting bonus Nano from some enemies, and a hidden chat for bopping your head on at least 12 ceiling lamps in Sector 1. Another hidden chat for defeating a certain boss in one shot, too. Maybe I'm saying too much, I think you'll find them eventually anyway. :GM7:

#93 Xerron

Xerron

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 65 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 10 September 2008 - 10:17 PM

This is a really great game, and I should try to look for those secrets.
I don't post much, but I had to comment on your great work :GM7:

Easily a masterpiece...

#94 FranzKafka

FranzKafka

GMC Member

• 11 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 10:49 PM

The enemy you have to beat the crap out of to get the Scrambler is too strong for me. :GM7:

#95 Drewdelz

Drewdelz

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1056 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 11:06 PM

Whoa, I checked their secrets list, and I have found... just about all of them.
Are you telling me there's more than what's on their list, then?
(*Tries to finish off the last boss with the bananagun on ultimortal, charged up*)

Secrets list? What list? I'd like to see it. lol

#96 FranzKafka

FranzKafka

GMC Member

• 11 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 11:20 PM

I sent a link to Ultimortal. He's probably already seen it, and if he wants it here, his choice. I'm not posting it though. :3

#97 Sulfuric

Sulfuric

Nintendo Worshiper

• 1353 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 02:33 AM

I can't get over how great Further is... Hmmm...

At the end of days, at the end of time.
When the Sun burns out will any of this matter.
Who will be there to remember who we were?
Who will be there to know that any of this had meaning for us?
And in retrospect I'll say we've done no wrong.
Who are we to judge what is right and what has purpose for us?
With designs upon ourselves to do no wrong,
running wild unaware of what might come of us.
The Sun was born, so it shall die, so only shadows comfort me.
I know in darkness I will find you giving up inside like me.
Each day shall end as it begins and though you're far away from me
I know in darkness I will find you giving up inside like me
Without a thought I will see everything eternal,
forget that once we were just dust from heavens fire.
As we were forged we shall return, perhaps some day.
I will remember you and wonder who we were.

Very sad and meaningful. From what I read, I don't think this song was originally made for this particular game. How did you come about obtaining this song? Was that previous question actually really obvious?

Posted Image

#98 I.Q. of Spam

I.Q. of Spam

Jenius

• GMC Member
  • 356 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 02:44 AM

I don't think that I'm patient enough to get all of the secrets in this game. Do I have to beat Hero 3D's hard mode to unlock anything? The second from last level annoys me soooo much, I mean 4 bosses shooting crap all the way across the screen, plus missiles and those idiot fanged triangles that just won't die? AAAAGH!

I swear, if I have to beat that on hard, I'm done with looking for these things. It's just that rediculous.

#99 Ultimortal

Ultimortal

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 365 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 12:16 PM

Nothing is unlocked for beating Hero 3D, don't worry.

As for Further, the particular song I'm using is a cover by an indie band that to the best of my knowledge unfortunately no longer exists. The original was written by VNV Nation.

FranzKafka: I've seen it, and I participate in that discussion over on TigSource. It's a very good FAQ and they've even found all the Supercharges.

#100 tdmgames

tdmgames

GMC Member

• 1641 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 01:43 PM

Wow.. thats awesome! Very well done, it kept me in for a long time, and I will keep playing this till I finish it :GM7:

Well done once again!
OH Balls!

Domain change: If any of my links do you not, please PM me and I will send you a working link :)

t3mp3st+Me+BMG = t3mp3st's edited avatar with changing colour effect.