• Please log in to reply
2323 replies to this topic

#651 Ultimortal

Ultimortal

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 365 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:45 AM

Hey Ultimortal, have you ever posted pictures of what the 3D character models look like? I'd love to see what Iji looks like in Blender.

I haven't, I may when I'm back on my own computer, and they look hilarious. Iji's model and skeleton was mangled by a version incompatibiliy a while back though.

Which reminds me, am I crazy, or are virtually all of the principle characters female?

A characters' gender is most often based on what gender the voice actor for the enemy type was. Tasen Soldiers are female, therefore I didn't need new or switched voices for Vateilika and "the girlfriend". Making Ansaksie female was to further separate her from Asha so they wouldn't be confused. The regular Assassins were made female for the same reason; before the voice acting was done, people thought they were facing Asha over and over throughout the regular Sectors. Krotera and Iosa are also the opposite gender from the default enemy types for this reason. Yukabacera was a male Soldier before even being implemented, so I just used the Commander voice on him which sounds a bit misplaced.

And since you asked:
Main male characters: Dan, Krotera, Asha, Tor
Main female characters: Iji, Iosa
Side or minor male characters: Ron (Iji's father), Yukabacera, Naotgerai, OmnikrakR, Nanobitsplit, Craxmasta, Doc, Becker
Side or minor female characters: Mia, Iji's mother, Vateilika, The dairy-writer, her girlfriend, Ansaksie, Hel Sarie, Sonja Plait
Male enemies: Scout, Commander, Trooper, Beast, Annihilator
Female enemies: Soldier, Elite, Berserker, Assassin
Plus other names with unknown owners only mentioned once in logbooks.

I have discovered a teleport in Sector Z at the Hero area but is surrounded by blocks.

There's a very big hint but it's hidden elsewhere in the game. Finding all the new secrets in 1.3 is just an extra for the really dedicated.
Daniel's Base - home of Hero Core, Iji, Hyper Princess Pitch, Garden Gnome Carnage etc.

#652 masterofhisowndomain

masterofhisowndomain

The Designer

• GMC Member
  • 3650 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:52 AM

Berserkers are female? ;)

I'm going to have to do the game again now and try not to kill anyone.. as opposed to nuking everyone..

EDIT: Okay how do you not kill Krotera..?

Edited by masterofhisowndomain, 30 December 2008 - 10:41 AM.

List Of Mods And Add-Ons

(Things you must try, for the games you already have)

Insightful links:
Higher Order Fun -- Game Design, Maths.
The Missing Concept -- Career/Hobby?
Neither Career Nor Hobby -- Career/Hobby?
Wario Land 4 Project -- Platformer design.

#653 I.Q. of Spam

I.Q. of Spam

Jenius

• GMC Member
  • 356 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 03:15 PM

You have to have upheld the truce with Vateilika to get past Krotera without killing him.

EDIT: So you actually 3D model all of your characters then? I wouldn't have guessed that, most GM games around here with sprites from 3D models all have ugly white edges around them. Maybe vector graphics isn't the way to go after all (although alpha channels... hmm, it's a toss-up).

Edited by I.Q. of Spam, 30 December 2008 - 03:24 PM.

Studies show that 96% of people believe every statistic they read.

#654 masterofhisowndomain

masterofhisowndomain

The Designer

• GMC Member
  • 3650 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 07:34 PM

Thanks I.Q. of Spam, but now unfortunately I can't not kill Iosa.. this pacifist thing is wearing me down.. ;)

List Of Mods And Add-Ons

Insightful links:

#655 makerofthegames

makerofthegames

My last custom title

• GMC Member
  • 7629 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 30 December 2008 - 08:46 PM

Thanks I.Q. of Spam, but now unfortunately I can't not kill Iosa.. this pacifist thing is wearing me down.. ;)

You're not a pacifist if you kill someone, to not kill Iosa you have to not kill ANYONE else.

#656 Carnivac

Carnivac

The Hunter

• GMC Member
  • 3300 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:43 PM

Ya know, everytime I think I want to just give up making games (cos my brain ain't built for logic and problem solving, just doodling) I look at this and think...dammit I would love to have make a game this great. It's easily one of my all time favorite games indie or otherwise.

I only wish it were available as a download for PSN (and i suppose wiiware and xbla for those people too) as I've come to the decision that I really hate playing games on my PC. Still if any games gonna get me continuing to play on this thing it's this game.

#657 Ultimortal

Ultimortal

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 365 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 10:23 PM

I wouldn't have guessed that, most GM games around here with sprites from 3D models all have ugly white edges around them.

There's nothing to say that rendered models need fuzzy edges. Those were probably rendered with anti-alias or scaled (bicubically) after rendering without cleaning them up.

Thanks I.Q. of Spam, but now unfortunately I can't not kill Iosa.. this pacifist thing is wearing me down.. :D

You're not a pacifist if you kill someone, to not kill Iosa you have to not kill ANYONE else.

(SPOILERS) You need to kill 45 or less to make the Assassin appear after Deep Sector. Nearly all pacifist modifiers are applied when your total kill count is less than or equal to 5 per Sector.

I only wish it were available as a download for PSN (and i suppose wiiware and xbla for those people too) as I've come to the decision that I really hate playing games on my PC. Still if any games gonna get me continuing to play on this thing it's this game.

This is impossible though, and I wouldn't want to sell it anyway. Well, what can you do. I did add buttons for weapon switching to make it easier for gamepad users. Speaking of which, I recently tried Xpadder which blew Joy2Key out of the water. Except that it came with a massive amount of unnecessary BMPs of games and controllers but those could be safely deleted.
Daniel's Base - home of Hero Core, Iji, Hyper Princess Pitch, Garden Gnome Carnage etc.

#658 andrew_berge

andrew_berge

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 732 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 10:29 PM

Speaking of which, I recently tried Xpadder which blew Joy2Key out of the water. Except that it came with a massive amount of unnecessary BMPs of games and controllers but those could be safely deleted.

Cool! Thanks for mentioning that because i just needed something to replace joy2key :D
andrew_berge

#659 BattleRifle BR55

BattleRifle BR55

Let Live

• GMC Member
  • 10316 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 10:34 PM

Speaking of which, I recently tried Xpadder which blew Joy2Key out of the water. Except that it came with a massive amount of unnecessary BMPs of games and controllers but those could be safely deleted.

Which OS are you using? Have you tried using XPadder with any of the newer GM's? (7 in particular)

I can't get my game (or rather even the editor) to respond to XPadder. It's like the program is not even running if the mouse hovers over GM.
Jmds8UL.png

#660 banov

banov

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1172 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 31 December 2008 - 05:40 AM

This game's been compared a few times to mine, and it's been pretty popular lately, so I thought I'd give it a try. I've only been through sector one, so, take my comments with a grain of salt.

First, I want to say that overall this is a great game, with all of its parts coming together to make something good-- there's no particular area in which the game lags behind. It deserves all the praise it's gotten, I alone can't ddo the justice to it that's already been done.

Now, that said, I had some issues with it. The beginning of a game is very important--it sets the rhythm of the game and is supposed to grab the player's attention. The first level here... did some things wrong to that end. The story was gripping, certainly, and just seeing the game and playing it fr the first time alone is an attention-grabber. But you crammed tons of tutorial text in the first area or two, and it really slowed down the game; that first hallway felt like a long reading assignment with some gameplay interspersed. I think it would have been better to spread the informative text throughout the first sector; give us some more time to blast some aliens or kick down some doors between text bubbles, you know?

That's just one flaw, though, and it only applies to sector 1. I'll probably continue playing beyond just the first sector, but I wanted to give my thoughts before I forgot them.

#661 masterofhisowndomain

masterofhisowndomain

The Designer

• GMC Member
  • 3650 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 07:37 PM

(SPOILERS) You need to kill 45 or less to make the Assassin appear after Deep Sector. Nearly all pacifist modifiers are applied when your total kill count is less than or equal to 5 per Sector.

I haven't killed anyone, but despite this when I fought Iosa I destroyed her Annihilator gear and then killed her in fighting form as per usual.. :D

EDIT: Okay Iosa is dead and the assassin did appear eventually (going down to the deep sector seems a strange requirement..). Now however how the heck do you not kill Asha..? Sorry about all these questions but if anyone knows! :wacko:

Edited by masterofhisowndomain, 31 December 2008 - 08:03 PM.

List Of Mods And Add-Ons

Insightful links:

#662 Orc Leader

Orc Leader

Confused but Grateful

• 609 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 08:25 PM

Now however how the heck do you not kill Asha..? Sorry about all these questions but if anyone knows!

You have to use the Velocithor V2-10. (Combination of the strongest Tasen and Komato weapon.)
If you don't have that weapon, don't worry! You can find both the weapons you need without having to kill Asha.
Just look around a little.

Edited by Orc Leader, 31 December 2008 - 08:27 PM.

"This is Miller, he's fifteen years old. Miller is uh, probably the most rock and roll member of our crew.
He has seven wives and fiftythree children, and uh, he takes cocaine for breakfast, crack for lunch, and heroin for dinner."

-Chris Martin

#663 Ultimortal

Ultimortal

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 365 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 10:59 PM

I can't get my game (or rather even the editor) to respond to XPadder.

I tried it on Windows XP on a gaming computer in school, not sure about the exact system setup.

The story was gripping, certainly, and just seeing the game and playing it fr the first time alone is an attention-grabber. But you crammed tons of tutorial text in the first area or two, and it really slowed down the game; that first hallway felt like a long reading assignment with some gameplay interspersed.

I know. But it's done, and my next game will be better. To be perfectly honest, when I first wrote it I thought that if people could get through System Shock 2's huge intro and tutorial which was necessary to play the quite complex game, Iji's tutorial would be fine. Of course two wrongs don't make a right; I snipped down, rephrased and rearranged the tutorial a few times through development, so what you see now is one third of the original text (crikey). v_v

As you point out though, he fundamental flaw is that it's all in the first Sector, except cracking in Sector 2. More of the tutorial could have been moved to Sector 2, then again people might believe that they're going to have to go through a river of text for every level. Believe me, there's always someone.

I'm now done excusing one error among many in Iji. I'm aware what people are saying. Next time I will do better.

Okay Iosa is dead and the assassin did appear eventually (going down to the deep sector seems a strange requirement...

She told you to see her there in a logbook right at the start of Sector 7. Not obvious but then again it is a secret - the only reward for 0 kills is an in-game secret, not an unlockable, so I thought it would be okay that way.

I wonder why I type more while I'm sick.

Edited by Ultimortal, 01 January 2009 - 11:02 AM.

#664 makerofthegames

makerofthegames

My last custom title

• GMC Member
  • 7629 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 08:47 AM

I have discovered a teleport in Sector Z at the Hero area but is surrounded by blocks.

There's a very big hint but it's hidden elsewhere in the game. Finding all the new secrets in 1.3 is just an extra for the really dedicated.

You're not gonna give us a hint, are you? :rolleyes:

Heh, you could write the sector number the hint is in, in ternary.

#665 The Guy 123

The Guy 123

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 78 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 01 January 2009 - 11:03 AM

Well maybe to get to that portal in sector z is by getting all of the unlockables and all of the ribbons and posters and maybe even the Skills?
I wonder whats in there anyway, but then I think that it is the Null Driver cause thats the only thing I havent found yet and a few of those ribbons.

Well thats what I think, and I might even try that, right now.

#666 Atlantis_base

Atlantis_base

GMC Member

• 188 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 05:17 PM

I thought this game looks really great. Couldn't try it though since my PC always slows to a crawl when I run GM5 games. It doesn't happen instantly but it does happen after I press any key ingame. This is no problem with this game alone but in this case it's sad because the game looks quite promising. =(

Greetz, Atlantis

#667 Paddymay

Paddymay

Puppy Playground

• 320 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 06:52 PM

*yawn* Sorry, but you need to make something in all gender's interest. Not just the girl gender. Also, it was pretty boring. Hardly anything to do except walk around and shoot people, wich isn't very fun. 2/10

#668 AvP

AvP

GMC Member

• 495 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 06:56 PM

WHAT?

BORING!!??!?!

And dude, you overestimate the video resources needed to play your game.

I played this game on my IBM Thinkpad T23 when i was over someone house who had no internet.

It ran smoothly, only had about 16MB of Video Memory.

Man, this game is awesome...

Took me about 8-12 hours of non-continuous play to beat it.

I found it on www.tigsource.com, never knew it was made in Game Maker.

It was too polished, too professional in my opinion for Game Maker...

Edited by AvP, 01 January 2009 - 06:57 PM.

#669 9_6

9_6

• GMC Member
  • 3627 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 08:06 PM

*yawn* Sorry, but you need to make something in all gender's interest. Not just the girl gender.

Well that's interesting so which part did you find too girly?
The part where everyone dies, the part with the massive explosions or the part with the giant fighting robots?

#670 banov

banov

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1172 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 08:10 PM

The part where everyone dies, the part with the massive explosions or the part with the giant fighting robots?

I feel more girly just thinking about it.

#671 Paddymay

Paddymay

Puppy Playground

• 320 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 08:32 PM

*yawn* Sorry, but you need to make something in all gender's interest. Not just the girl gender.

Well that's interesting so which part did you find too girly?

Every single part with the player.
@AvP: Ok, ok, I agree with all the graphics and vid memory. Animation?? On GM?? Sweet. And the graphics were just PWN.

Edited by Paddymay, 01 January 2009 - 08:42 PM.

#672 TyrantX

TyrantX

GMC Member

• 137 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 08:35 PM

*yawn* Sorry, but you need to make something in all gender's interest. Not just the girl gender. Also, it was pretty boring. Hardly anything to do except walk around and shoot people, wich isn't very fun. 2/10

WTF? You are obviously a troll because you didn't and you still are not giving constructive criticism. You just wish you could make something this damn good, don't you? :rolleyes:

Edited by TyrantX, 01 January 2009 - 08:35 PM.

#673 Ablach Blackrat

Ablach Blackrat

GMC Member

• GMC Elder
  • 1215 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 01 January 2009 - 08:43 PM

So, what? Transgender? Why does the sex of the main character determine who the game is meant for?

Really, how many people played the original Metroid without knowing the sex of the main character? How many people cared once they found out?

#674 Atlantis_base

Atlantis_base

GMC Member

• 188 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 08:46 PM

So, what? Transgender? Why does the sex of the main character determine who the game is meant for?

Really, how many people played the original Metroid without knowing the sex of the main character? How many people cared once they found out?

Actually, many people cared about Samus' gender. Remember the whole "How do I get zerosuit Samus?" questions? Right. Do you think anybody would have cared if Samus was male? Exactly.

But nobody would have not played Metroid because of the main characters gender, there I agree with you. And I don't see a reason to act different with this game.

Greetz, Atlantis

#675 Ultimortal

Ultimortal

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 365 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 10:31 PM

I wish I could say that believing displaying any meaningful human relationship or emotion other than anger is considered "girly" and "gay" by a minority of the males I have met in recent years. Then again I still wish Gears of War was secretly lampooning Duke Nukem as an attempt at triple-layer social satire. Maybe it is and I missed it.

#676 I.Q. of Spam

I.Q. of Spam

Jenius

• GMC Member
  • 356 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 01:41 AM

I will find that hint for sector Z's teleporter! Just you wait!

#677 wa1do_13

wa1do_13

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 597 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 06:44 AM

I will find that hint for sector Z's teleporter! Just you wait!

Intently...

I am vengeance, I am the night, I am BATMAN! (Batmans away)

Check out Pandemic here!
Play Pandemic on Facebook here!

#678 I.Q. of Spam

I.Q. of Spam

Jenius

• GMC Member
  • 356 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 11:52 PM

Err... well, don't hold your breath. I already went through the game again and found nothing new.

#679 makerofthegames

makerofthegames

My last custom title

• GMC Member
  • 7629 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 01:29 AM

Err... well, don't hold your breath. I already went through the game again and found nothing new.

Me neither, you know, what if it is in Hero 3D? I accidentally hit escape last time I played it <_<

#680 I.Q. of Spam

I.Q. of Spam

Jenius

• GMC Member
  • 356 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 02:34 AM

I beat Hero 3D on hard in version 1.2, and it was a pain, if the clue is in there I'm gonna be ticked off!

#681 makerofthegames

makerofthegames

My last custom title

• GMC Member
  • 7629 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 03:21 AM

I beat Hero 3D on hard in version 1.2, and it was a pain, if the clue is in there I'm gonna be ticked off!

There are different difficultys for it? Or were you playing in hard when you beat it?

#682 I.Q. of Spam

I.Q. of Spam

Jenius

• GMC Member
  • 356 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 09:52 PM

I believe if you hit 1 at the start, it does easy, and 2 is hard. I found out because I beat it on easy and then Iji told me I hadn't beaten it on Hard. ^_^

#683 Ryan-Phoenixan

Ryan-Phoenixan

GMC Member

• 211 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:41 PM

I just thought I'd work on the game as a pacifist, and I caught your "PeaceSim" Perfect Dark reference. :) That brought back good times for me. I always remember playing with my friends, killing a peacesim, and then yelling... "CASH! PRIZES!!!"

This game is fun, and that's what really counts.

#684 Hach-Que

Hach-Que

RoketGames Admin

• 1490 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 08:43 AM

This game is seriously awesome. Best of all the ZIP is YAIPP compatible. Those of you using YAIPP 1.6 should get an automatic YAIPP bar to instantly play the game instead of having to download manually.

----------------------

I've played it all the way to the end and that is one fantastic game.

----------------------

I read the website, and does the game ending actually change if you play it differently? I'll have to go back and play it again if so.

What happened with Mia's ribbons though? That sort of just trailed of into nothing.

Digged It

Edited by Hach-Que, 05 January 2009 - 10:12 PM.

I don't visit these forums (and I haven't for quite some time). You can

see my latest community projects at the Redpoint Blog.

I never thought I'd see myself writing the above.. :(

#685 Ultimortal

Ultimortal

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 365 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 04:57 PM

Hi, I'm still sick in the flu. I feel terrible and won't reply much.

Hero 3D gets harder everytime you beat it in one go, it has nothing to do with pressing 1 or 2. Hero 3D also has nothing to do with the rest of the game and doesn't open any secrets, sorry if you've been playing it in the hopes that it would.

There is a major clue to the Sector Z teleporter but the clue is hidden elsewhere, in another new secret area.

I just thought I'd work on the game as a pacifist, and I caught your "PeaceSim" Perfect Dark reference. :D

You're the first to tell me this. Same here, great multiplayer memories. ;)

As for the ribbons, it's just a sidestory. You need to find them in order. And Mia was dead before the story began, so she's not coming back if you find all the ribbons (it's a common question).

Edited by Ultimortal, 06 January 2009 - 04:58 PM.

#686 Hach-Que

Hach-Que

RoketGames Admin

• 1490 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 05:12 AM

Well I found 3 and then there wasn't any more for the rest of the game (unless I specifically need to go look for the rest and they aren't in the main path).

EDIT: Damn, I ruined my perfect 0 kills. :)

Edited by Hach-Que, 07 January 2009 - 09:50 AM.

#687 I.Q. of Spam

I.Q. of Spam

Jenius

• GMC Member
  • 356 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 02:50 PM

No Massacre for you then Hach-Que.

The clue is in a new secret area eh? That makes it easier for me, I was checking every logbook I could find in each sector before.

#688 Hach-Que

Hach-Que

RoketGames Admin

• 1490 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 01:50 AM

I was trying to get Innocent. I hope 1 kill doesn't affect the outcome... :D

#689 TyrantX

TyrantX

GMC Member

• 137 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 02:42 AM

I think Ultimortal set the innocence modifiers to less than or equal to 5 kills per sector, so you should be okay.

#690 makerofthegames

makerofthegames

My last custom title

• GMC Member
  • 7629 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 01:36 PM

I think Ultimortal set the innocence modifiers to less than or equal to 5 kills per sector, so you should be okay.

Yes but you don't get the superweapon then.

There is a major clue to the Sector Z teleporter but the clue is hidden elsewhere, in another new secret area.

Is the secret area easy to find? (By easy I don't mean incredibly easy, I just mean is there something changed like it could be a breakable wall or a ledge slightly down or glass where no glass was before or something, and don't tell me which one it is if any :D) I wanna find it. I'm going to sector 7.

I love the ability to get nano by kicking.
Posted Image

EDIT: Well, I figured out that if you kick a blue tasen and he lands on health he gets health back, but that doesn't help me much for sector one, unless I'm missing something. (I saw something that looked breakable, but not exactly like that)

Edited by makerofthegames, 08 January 2009 - 02:11 PM.

#691 d.man

d.man

GMC Member

• 122 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 10:31 PM

there has been "best game of 2008" on one of the slovene gaming forums (actually forum about best and most selling gaming mag in slovenia) where Iji has been nominated few times.

it seems you really made an impact with this game. great job.
Quark, quake2 platform remake -source code
Climbing, multiple weapons, platform ai, dodging, basic physics, menu effects and more.
----

Hero - Work in progress
New gameplay video uploaded! (20.04.2009)

#692 Ultimortal

Ultimortal

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 365 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:54 AM

Is the secret area easy to find? (By easy I don't mean incredibly easy, I just mean is there something changed like it could be a breakable wall or a ledge slightly down or glass where no glass was before or something, and don't tell me which one it is if any ;))

Yes, it's as "easy" to find as that. Something has slightly changed. No particular requirements, except the secret is only accessible after having beaten the game at least once before on any difficulty (just like the Maximum charge area).

#693 Hach-Que

Hach-Que

RoketGames Admin

• 1490 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 01:30 AM

Yay! I saved Dan and beat the game on Extreme.

I was expecting something about the ribbons right at the end, but there wasn't anything. Either that or I missed one.

Edited by Hach-Que, 09 January 2009 - 03:24 AM.

#694 makerofthegames

makerofthegames

My last custom title

• GMC Member
  • 7629 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:40 PM

Is the secret area easy to find? (By easy I don't mean incredibly easy, I just mean is there something changed like it could be a breakable wall or a ledge slightly down or glass where no glass was before or something, and don't tell me which one it is if any ;))

Yes, it's as "easy" to find as that. Something has slightly changed. No particular requirements, except the secret is only accessible after having beaten the game at least once before on any difficulty (just like the Maximum charge area).

Ah good. I'm gonna go look at videos of 1.2/below of sector one to see if what I saw was actually not there before.
EDIT: Yeah it is still there.

Edited by makerofthegames, 09 January 2009 - 12:41 PM.

#695 masterofhisowndomain

masterofhisowndomain

The Designer

• GMC Member
  • 3650 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:30 PM

I've finished the game again (4 times now) and have to say the Massacre was amazing. It's a real shame you can't replay the game with it, to compensate for having gone an entire game without killing anyone!

Spoiler:
So if the Tasen from Sector 2 and the other Tasen managed to escape into Deep Sector, does that translate as the Tasen aren't extinct after all?

List Of Mods And Add-Ons

Insightful links:

#696 TyrantX

TyrantX

GMC Member

• 137 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:56 PM

Does the new version use the same save file format? That is, if I swap the new executable into the game folder, will it load it properly?

#697 Supermini_man

Supermini_man

its party time

• 65 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:17 PM

Does the new version use the same save file format? That is, if I swap the new executable into the game folder, will it load it properly?

Yes, it uses and loads normaly without any kind of problems. :lol:

Edited by Supermini_man, 09 January 2009 - 10:18 PM.

#698 Ultimortal

Ultimortal

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 365 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 11:07 PM

So if the Tasen from Sector 2 and the other Tasen managed to escape into Deep Sector, does that translate as the Tasen aren't extinct after all?

Not until those Tasen die of age anyway. The three possible survivors are all female, so people wouldn't be wondering whether they were supposed to start a new colony from just two people (ew).

I'd never make an update that made previous saves incompatible. :p 1.3 does add upon the savefile to include the additional weapon keys, but is backwards compatible.

#699 Hach-Que

Hach-Que

RoketGames Admin

• 1490 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 01:11 AM

Is it possible to get 1 kill on this game?

I'm fairly sure it is, since you can get the assassin to kill Iosa, and I'm sure my other kill wasn't on a boss (it was on a normal trooper by accident :lol: ).

The only person you definitely have to kill is Tor.

Edited by Hach-Que, 11 January 2009 - 12:37 PM.

#700 I.Q. of Spam

I.Q. of Spam

Jenius

• GMC Member
  • 356 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 02:51 PM

Tor doesn't count as a kill though, because he commits suicide.
I beat it with 0 kills total, it is possible, and also worth it.

I still haven't taken the time to find that new hidden area, and since the spring semester starts tomorrow, I don't know when I'll get around to it.