Window size: 436x560
File size: 2.67 MB
Resizeable window? No.
Newest version: v3.0, March 12, 2010
What is GML Buddy?
GML Buddy is a useful tool for all ranges of users to use, for either learning or for reference. You simply pile on your D&D functions and click Translate to turn all of those actions into working GML!
How do you use GMLB?
This utility is very simple to use. Because it is modeled after Game Maker itself, you will notice that GML Buddy will be familiar to use. On the right hand side, you will find the default libraries (and even my special, made from scratch 3D library!) where you can browse through and click through default D&D functions and bonus D&D functions I included! Once you find an action you want to add, right or left click the icon to add it into the Actions box to the left. You may be prompted by one, a few, or several messages about filling out the D&D action you selected. Once you finish, you will see the code on the left side. You can right click the code on the right and choose to Edit Values (redo the process of filling out the action), Copy to Clipboard (copy the code itself to your clipboard to paste elsewhere), Select, Delete, or Clear All. Alternatively, you can Select a D&D action by left clicking it in the Actions box or Right Click --> Select. Then you can press Enter to Edit Values, Ctrl+C to Copy to Clipboard or Del/Delete to Delete the GML action. The Clear All button at the bottom left corner will erase all of the D&D functions in the Actions box as will Right Click --> Clear All.After you have all of your desired D&D functions and their value into the Actions box, press the Translate button! You will be shown all of the code, and if it exceeds the height, you can use the scroll bar to go up and down. Here, you can FULLY edit all of the code like in Notepad. Then, press Copy to Clipboard to copy the text from the screen you see into your clipboard. You can also click and drag the mouse to select a portion of the code and press Ctrl+C or Right Click --> Copy to copy that highlighted text into your clipboard. You can also Cut, Delete, Select All and Clear All (delete all of the code) by Right Clicking and going to the respective choice.
What is in Game Maker Buddy?
- Includes all Game Maker 8 Pro D&D actions!
- Allows up to 20 D&D functions to be added into the Actions box and translated at once!
- Accurately translates from D&D to GML!
- Contains step-by-step, useful prompts to guide you!
- Includes useful, personally added D&D commands, including: Point at Object, Gravity Contact, Distance to Object, 3D commands and more!
- Has a built-in code editor to alter, delete, or add parts to your finished translate D&D commands and allow you to copy all or a bit of the code into your clipboard!
Download GMLB 6/30/10
Newest version (v3.0.1): Bug fixes!
Old version (v2.41) "Classic" GML Buddy (small, one D&D-at-a-time translation!) 5/6/09
Download GMLB Manual
Will Host For Food! DOWN
Please report any more you see
ALL KNOWN BUGS CURRENTLY FIXED
PREVIOUS UPDATES INCLUDED IN V3.0
- More D&D commands that are aimed at beginners and useful to know and use. <In progress
- More to add with user feedback and suggestion.
Edited by iluvfuz, 01 July 2010 - 01:09 AM.