Wow, well I originally searched for and found this forum because of another game I saw, so this one was a surprise, and I had to register to give some feedback.
I'm just a player and not a programmer at all, so I hope people don't mind my comments.
Maybe I got a bad download or something, but I have some questions:
1. None of the options on the main menu seem to work except 'new game' and 'exit'.
2. Are there only three levels? I get to an exit and click it, and it sends me back to the main start screen again.
General game issues:
3. I don't like the "click to move" idea. First I have to aim and fire, then I have to change my aim to click and try to move out of the way if the enemy fires back. I would suggest maybe using cursor or the WASD keys for 'X' type movement, (W = up and right, S = down and left, since it's isometric). Along with this, it would be more innate controls to assign L mouse as 'fire' and R mouse as 'use' in my opinion.
4. Something is strange with the enemy AI. Many places I can move to the edge of a hallway and fire at them while they don't move or even notice me because I haven't gotten all the way around the corner yet.
5. If the zombie soldiers don't have a ranged attack, then they shouldn't drop ammo.
As someone else mentioned, having part of the wall become transparent when the player goes behind it is a good idea also. Just adding some kind of invisible blocking so the player can't get so close to the walls would work fine though.
So, you have really done a great job thus far. If there are more than just three levels eventually, with the movement and enemy AI fixed up to be more responsive, I feel this will be a really great game. I can already imagine this loaded up with tons of enemies, "Alien Shooter" style.
It will be on my tribute page - http://numerometria.com/robotron.htm
Thinner walls in some places, if possible (?) and doors would be a nice addition and make your levels more interesting also.
Edited by -psyren-, 04 September 2008 - 01:08 PM.