#1 acidBatterie

acidBatterie

GMC Member

• 28 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 02:48 AM

:D Hot Ninja Moon Moon :)

Posted Image
Posted Image

in Hot Ninja Moon Moon you have been recruited by the Motherland for select-ninja training. your mission is of dire importance - to overthrow the coup. the people want freedom, and the Motherland must deny their liberties and continue its reign. although your training may be short, it will not be easy.

good luck and have fun people!
tigsource feedback topic can be found here: TIGSource Feedback Topic
download:http: HNMMv1.1 =4.6MB=
YYG: =being virus scanned=

(yeah, i'm pretty excited i got this project complete. it has been over a month in dev and it is the first game i have ever made with GM. i decided that trial and error would be my learning.)

fixed TGOC ;)

Edited by acidBatterie, 27 August 2008 - 02:34 AM.

what is smartboard?

#2 Eaode

Eaode

GMC Member

• 337 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 02:51 AM

If you want people to play your game, you might want to try posting the download link.
98% of GMC posters have viral signatures. If you're one of the 2% who never will, put this in your sig.

#3 acidBatterie

acidBatterie

GMC Member

• 28 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 02:55 AM

If you want people to play your game, you might want to try posting the download link.

i know, i just uploaded it on yoyo, and i'm registered on this file-share site but it's giving me fits...ugh
i'll put up the link as soon as possible

Edited by acidBatterie, 25 August 2008 - 03:25 AM.

what is smartboard?

#4 acidBatterie

acidBatterie

GMC Member

• 28 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 03:25 AM

first download link is now functioning :D

http://www.mediafire.com/?iiaact5piyw
what is smartboard?

#5 PurpleFuzzy

PurpleFuzzy

Punk Rock Princess

• GMC Member
  • 1589 posts
  • Version:None

Posted 25 August 2008 - 03:54 AM

If it's a comp03 entry, why don't you just link to the YYG page?

-PF

#6 acidBatterie

acidBatterie

GMC Member

• 28 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 03:58 AM

it says it's being virus scanned :D been almost an hour - does it usually take this long?
what is smartboard?

#7 Explicit

Explicit

Destroyer of zeds

• GMC Member
  • 1647 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 04:14 AM

it says it's being virus scanned :D been almost an hour - does it usually take this long?

takes up to a day bud

DLing..

hmm nice graphical style, except for the effects, which couldve used the silhouetted detail as the background
the silhouetting of the maps gave it a challenge i liked, had to inspect the area before jumping in
and it was pretty cool because once i got used to it, i couldve jumped through it with ease

but im not sure as to how having 2 players can help themselves

Edited by Explicit, 25 August 2008 - 04:33 AM.

#8 acidBatterie

acidBatterie

GMC Member

• 28 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 04:53 AM

well, thank you very much for trying it out :) at first the co-op was more of a challenge, then i started creating 2 player maps. it just didn't seem to work. i dumped it. i had 30 rooms for single, and 10 thrown in for co-op. i ripped out the co-op and sliced the 30 to the now 15. i felt its style was more of a fun to "play together in the same game" a la sonic and knuckles. either way, i fully intend on redoing all of the co-op maps and then shuffling them into the mix. idk...i put puzzles off for challenges...i still feel mixed up about it :D
what is smartboard?

#9 TGOC

TGOC

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 370 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 05:19 AM

Put the download link in the topic post. That way it won't get locked and people can find the link without searching.

I am downloading it right now just thought I'd tell you quick.

#10 Dannerz

Dannerz

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 195 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 05:48 AM

I got to room7 or whichever one has the two laser things.

I do not enjoy the game, as it's so simple and unfun. I don't have any choices or capacities other than jumping and dieing, therefor it was linear and unappealing to me.

#11 acidBatterie

acidBatterie

GMC Member

• 28 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 09:20 PM

man, i didn't know the serv would be this slow...kinda sucks :P

Posted Image

Edited by acidBatterie, 26 August 2008 - 04:15 AM.

what is smartboard?

#12 acidBatterie

acidBatterie

GMC Member

• 28 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 02:29 AM

well, HNMM is still being virus scanned (48 hours and counting)...however, i have uploaded the updated version on mediashare.

Hot Ninja Moon Moon version 1.1
HNMMv1.1

this will be the second to last updated version.
things changed:

+death animation by laser+
+death animation by swirling clevers+
+grounded collisions rectified+
+changed scenery+
+fixed a cheat+

things to be improved:

--options menu
--pause function
--key select
--working on 3 more traps
--scoring system fix
--additional sfx (walking, jumping)

i'd really appreciate some more criticism/thoughts to be put in before the final version is released :ph34r:

thanks, guys
- acid

Edited by acidBatterie, 27 August 2008 - 02:31 AM.

what is smartboard?

#13 Dannerz

Dannerz

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 195 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 02:52 AM

if you gave him an attack/weapon, and put enemies in the rooms, and made some of the jumps not as hard/impossible, that'd be a start.

#14 acidBatterie

acidBatterie

GMC Member

• 28 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 03:06 AM

if you gave him an attack/weapon, and put enemies in the rooms, and made some of the jumps not as hard/impossible, that'd be a start.

ty for commenting. did you try v1.1? for 1.1 i did minimize some select groups of spikes...

anywho, yeah, Hot Ninja Moon Black is what i'm working on with a collab partner
(i don't know if he's registered here yet - nope, says he will soon) but we will soon be
putting out demos for HNMB which is more training, except it is divided into 3 parts:
obstacles, stealth, then the two combined. this second act mentioned features enemy (friendlies)
that you are challenged to sneak past. we've just got a wall jump successfully implemented -
this should make some parts easier. the goal is for sneaking to be by both sound and sight.

we were considering weapons. there was an idea for a sliding attack, and a spinning attack - in
the air (think kirby, ssmb). i'm defininetly liking the physical attacks opposed to weapons, seeing how
the "enemies" you must sneak by/or k.o. are merely trainers.

since the ai won't hurt you when you touch them (unlike many games) would you prefer hand-to-hand
above decapitating?
what is smartboard?

#15 Dannerz

Dannerz

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 195 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 03:28 AM

those ideas you listed off so far, sounded good.
sliding and spinning attack could be enough.

if there's enough obsticles and danger in rooms, a punch pushing someone back a certain speed without killing them could still be deadly enough because it could knock someone into the spikes or down the hole, but there could be a chance of survival depending on how you aimed it.

the spin and slide could knock goes back or up in the air at an angle aswel.
I have not tried v1.1 yet, but I am glad to hear you plan to keep working on the game.
I may try the game out again later on.
Thanks for reply.

#16 jamesd

jamesd

Lizard

• 15 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:23 PM

+ Nice graphical style
+ I got excited towards the end where you started allowing multiple routes through the levels. That was pretty neat, but it only lasted for three rooms or so before the game ended.

- Hard to see spikes until you hit them.
- In the next to last room, there appears to be an invisible block preventing me from jumping onto the upper level.
- I like to use the arrow keys for platform games. An alternate control scheme would be nice. :-)
Some website or something.
GM user since version 3.1
Linux. Because it's better then the alternative.

#17 pixu

pixu

GMC Member

• 1 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:59 AM

Great style and atmosphere! :-)

Don't know if its my pc, but there is some serious lag in the controls (like 20-40ms). And sometimes my ninja doesn't register secondary jumps - often while D is down. Really annoying things for a precision platformer :-)

Edit: I mean 200-400ms.

Edited by pixu, 30 August 2008 - 06:02 PM.

#18 Sascha88

Sascha88

GMC Member

• 6 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:26 AM

This one is pretty boring, bad controls and too difficult. I dont really like it((((((