• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#101 jackyboyhenry

jackyboyhenry

just jack

• GMC Member
  • 466 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 03:53 PM

the game is should be a staff pick, i like the sqaureness in the graphics , who done the backgrounds??there good!!! sprites overall 5/6, nice music new fresh gameplay luv it 5/6
Im to cool for a nice signature.

#102 SirVortex

SirVortex

GMC Member

• 80 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 03:17 PM

As expected, this game sure was lots of fun. I liked the part that you had different forms with different abilities. In the other hand, the game was not as challenging as the two others. I also miss the good old large squared maps, these ones was a little fuzzy.

I am a cake, period!

#103 Bowex

Bowex

Digital-X

• 462 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 03:45 PM

Hey, nice new features, this makes Jumper even more interesting, good stuff !

#104 Shining_Saber

Shining_Saber

Top Gundam

• 610 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 11:05 PM

Jumper... 3? How did I not notice this?
I loved Jumper 2 to death, I used to play it all the time, one of the only games I could play on my 98.

I said the graphics are crap

No, the graphics are awesome. They're styled differently, good for you for not being able to accept that.
Posted Image
Clemson University Pre-Veterinary Science Major!

#105 X Parasite

X Parasite

GMC Member

• 150 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 11:30 PM

The graphics are executed nicely... (Though totally opposite my edited Jumper Two...)
I really like the music, it adds a certain charm to the game.
However, I can't get my gamepad to work at all. In case it's important, I have an XBox 360 controller with XBCD drivers.

#106 ad134

ad134

The Ad man

• 413 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 16 September 2008 - 02:37 PM

The graphics are executed nicely... (Though totally opposite my edited Jumper Two...)
However, I can't get my gamepad to work at all. In case it's important, I have an XBox 360 controller with XBCD drivers.

Which operating system are you using?

#107 X Parasite

X Parasite

GMC Member

• 150 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 07:17 PM

Vista 32-bit.

#108 YoMamasMama

YoMamasMama

Your Grandma

• 437 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 07:40 PM

I've heard of the analog sticks on XB360 controllers not working with my games, but never the entire controller.

Try using JoyToKey with keyboard controls in the game instead, I guess (Google JoyToKey and I'm sure it'll be the first result).

I don't own an XB360 controller so I've never been able to test this and get it to work, sorry.

Edited by YoMamasMama, 18 September 2008 - 07:43 PM.

~ Matt Makes Games ~
Click above for my games, including Jumper Three, Hold Off Red, An Untitled Story, and FLaiL.
An Untitled Story GMC topic
FLaiL GMC topic
Jumper Three GMC Topic
~ EO ~ MMGF ~

#109 X Parasite

X Parasite

GMC Member

• 150 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 06:39 AM

ControlMK should work, and I already have that. I just wanted to see if I could get direct support from the game.
If it were only the sticks, then I could just make a profile that used digital instead.

#110 pure_evil020

pure_evil020

GMC Member

• 1479 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 11:03 AM

Tehehe funny game...
well done though. no bugs that i noticed...
graphics are abit plain, but its ok.
gameplay was decent
music? had no sound on. is there sound?

6/10
Posted Image
Software, malware, and file removal program.

#111 Andy

Andy

GMC Veteran

• GMC Member
  • 1988 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 26 September 2008 - 01:53 AM

Nice game, I actually enjoy the graphics better that the original two. The game play is also easier for me personally. Keep up the great work man!

Please visit my website, Andygames.com today!

#112 UberGamer

UberGamer

GMC Member

• 12 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 03:51 PM

good work on this 1
i am a fan of all 3 of your jumper games
i just cant get enough of platform games

#113 jackaroo

jackaroo

The Shadow Within

• GMC Member
  • 814 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 27 September 2008 - 04:42 PM

Its good to see that Jumper 3 has finally been released even though its completly different from the beta that was released. Still that hasnt bothered me and put me off this fine game. Ive been a fan of the jumper series since the release of Jumper 2. And me and my friends would play against each other in Jumper Redux at school. So its great to see the 3rd in the series finally released.

Gameplay 8/10
I really enjoy this game but I prefer Redux and Jumper 2 over this. But thats not saying its bad or anything cause it is still a great game. It seems a bit easier than previous jumper games. Im not having much trouble collecting the coins in each level (I havent been trying for the medals yet) and ive found the levels quite easy so far. Anyway my main gripe is that some of the ogmos seem really slippery. It may just be me but it feels as though some of them accelerate way too fast which often leads to a few deaths. Other than that though I dont have many problems I just preffered the Jumper redux and Jumper 2 engines a bit more but thats just my opinion.

Graphics 9/10
I really like the graphics in the game. They actually put ogmo into environments now instead of block based levels. I never had a problem with the block based levels but this is a nice change.

Sound 7/10
Im not too fond of the music in the game. I dont think its bad and IMO I think its just slightly above average. The sound effects are nice though and fit in nicely.

Overall 8/10
Nice game and fun to play.

#114 Hungryformore21

Hungryformore21

GMC Member

• 74 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 02:29 PM

It's a good game... everyone should start giving reviews about the game if it were the only one in the jumper series... people keep comparing it to jumper 2... If there was no jumper 2 this game would be the best game they ever played...
BTW good luck in the cage match :D

EDIT: congrats on third place in the yoyogames competition :P

Edited by Hungryformore21, 03 October 2008 - 02:30 PM.

#115 YoMamasMama

YoMamasMama

Your Grandma

• 437 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 06:01 PM

Some updates:

This game placed third in the YoYo Games Co-Operation Competition, and is currently facing Iji in the cagematch!

I have a few bug reports, so may release a v1.01 with the bugs fixed in a bit. Report any bugs you find and I'll fix them up for v1.01; I'm considering also adding some additional content in some form, maybe some new stages.
~ Matt Makes Games ~
Click above for my games, including Jumper Three, Hold Off Red, An Untitled Story, and FLaiL.
An Untitled Story GMC topic
FLaiL GMC topic
Jumper Three GMC Topic
~ EO ~ MMGF ~

#116 Pinpickle

Pinpickle

Abscure Programmer

• GMC Member
  • 1353 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 07:42 PM

Additional content?
Maybe you can start to think about comprehending about coming to the point of even hypothesising about a level editor. It doesn't have to be Jumper 3 based, I heard ages ago that there was going to be a Jumper Editor combining all of the games, or just enhancing JTWOE.
Enough about the editor you could add a puzzle mode, with some of the old JT things like crates and doors. But that might be going to far away from the concept of this game being different. Most of all keep it co-operative and keep it fun.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#117 masterofhisowndomain

masterofhisowndomain

The Designer

• GMC Member
  • 3650 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 03 October 2008 - 07:45 PM

A really good game, and congratulations to you and it for making third in the competition, you were up against hard competition. :D

List Of Mods And Add-Ons

(Things you must try, for the games you already have)

Insightful links:
Higher Order Fun -- Game Design, Maths.
The Missing Concept -- Career/Hobby?
Neither Career Nor Hobby -- Career/Hobby?
Wario Land 4 Project -- Platformer design.

#118 RockyRan

RockyRan

The Ultimate Tweaker

• 733 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 02:46 PM

To be honest this entry in the game came quite a surprise. I played the original first demo that you had way back when (I think it was two years ago) and thought it was a neat idea. It's nice to see that the idea came off as the main focus of the game. It's also good to see the same style of platforming level design, seeing as I don't personally think it can be topped as far as your level design is concerned.

There are, however, several things that I personally disliked, and they ranged from "minor nuisance" to "almost game breaking". Firstly, while I do appreciate the attempt at giving the game a unique style and feel, I don't think it was executed as well as I would have liked. Through my perception, I saw the game coming off as "low quality" more than "uniquely styled". The music's instruments were more grating than they were unique, and I honestly would've preferred NES-style instruments that usually don't sound so ear-piercing. The music also tended to be repetitive for some reason. Since the songs in each of the worlds were going to play for several minutes as you traverse through worlds, I feel it would've been much better had the music been a very long length (4 minutes or above). The "low-quality" style of music in this case didn't complement the repetitiveness of the songs at all; longer tracks could've definitely changed my mind.

The graphics are also another thing that I'm not too fond of. While I do realize that the style is done on purpose, the style wasn't given with enough emphasis to make it CLEAR that the pixelated, NES-style look was done on purpose. I would personally exaggerate a style like this to make it seem that it was done on purpose, but the "kinda/sorta" style didn't make that too clear, and it came off more as low-quality than a stylized visual scheme.

The gameplay, unfortunately, was changed unnecessarily in my opinion. Even though I really like the idea of more than one form of Ogmo, Red Ogmo is still given the "main character" feel, particularly because he was given the most movement options. With the skid jump, double jump and wall jump, the control schemes of the other colored Ogmos felt lackluster in comparison, as if they were not given enough attention as far as moves were concerned. If the other Ogmos were given 2 or 3 more moves to match the number of Red Ogmo's, the selection would've felt more robust.
But what really got me was the changed movement. In my opinion, the Ogmos move FAR too fast and decelerate FAR too slowly. It came off as the controls being much too lose, and I sometimes felt like I lost control of Ogmo altogether. Definitely not a good sign when the game is all about pixel-perfect precision. I found myself making very dumb mistakes I wouldn't have made in other Jumper games (like head-on into a spiked wall that I saw 3 seconds ago), but it was mostly because I let go of the arrow button and expected to stop safely but instead found Ogmo to just keep running full speed into the spikes. Again, for a game demanding such perfection, the loose controls make the game easily twice as aggravating as it would otherwise.

Overall, I'm glad that the game was released, but two things I would definitely change are the style (both music and graphic wise) and the loose controls. The new and (in my opinion) unnecessary frustrations gameplay-wise kept me from going back and redoing levels to get all the coins, whereas in Jumper 2 I constantly kept trying to get the extras in previous levels due to the highly-responsive controls. It's a great game and very polished, of course, but in more than one ways its disadvantages are what glares at me the most at the end of the day.

EDIT: I've continued to keep playing and I realized that some of the Ogmos also have wall jumps, double jumps and the like. For some reason I was under the impression that they didn't have these.

Edited by RockyRan, 06 October 2008 - 10:14 PM.

#119 alexdotsch

alexdotsch

CEO of kidzsearch.co.uk

• 305 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 09:11 PM

Wow, just tried out the game and its great! Keep up the good work! :ph34r:

#120 Cloud Architect

Cloud Architect

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 463 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 24 October 2008 - 12:05 PM

Agh dude I'm dissapointed :whistle:, I can tell you did your best to make it nothing like the last jumpers. I like how the environments feel more believable, but it doesn't feel like jumper in any way any more. The physics engine made me sad because it felt nothing like jumper, the graphics are nothing like jumper. Jumper 3 isn't jumper anymore. There was this whole thing goin' on with the boss n the villains and everything and then you decided to send him to a random planet for no reason about 2000 years in the future after being spiked on a random pole at the end of jumper 2. It feels confused dude... It'd have been better if you'd have stuck to the feel of jumper 2, and style of jumper two but made the environments more believable like they are now. Ah well, most people like this game and it is just simple fun. Should have kept this whole idea to something other than jumper though man.