With this in mind, and considering making a tactics game using hexagonal tiles, I created a DLL for pathfinding in a hexagonal grid. The basics were done in three days. In another two days, I mananged to improve it to the point where I cannot improve its speed any more without significant effort.
Features include, but are not limited to:
- Up to 64 grids that can each have separate paths, costs, and impassable regions.
- Impassable and costly tiles. Note: Cost currently must be 1 or above.
- Path and node list creation for path output, in addition to direct access.
- If grid_optimize has been called, no attempt will be made to find a path to an inaccessible spot.
- Fast. 400 FPS in worst case scenario, 840 in average, and 7700 in best case.
This extension includes the test program as an example.
Download from Mediafire
Suggestions are VERY welcome.
Edited by Gamer3D, 12 June 2012 - 07:25 PM.