Player camera, 3rd person camera, security type camera.
Changes from Last
Added Room Transition System
I've gone completely bananas with them!!! Ask for one and I will add it in.
Tip: most FPS games will only need CameraSetXYZAzA() or CameraSetXYZAzARelative()
Tip: Most top down games will only need CameraSetXYZ() and CameraSetTargetXYZ(x,y,z)
Tip: Most functions have a smooth equivalent where the smoothing allows for fluid motion. The smooth parameter is not the same for all function
Tip: Use the aspect ratio function to match the player's screen
Drop a CameraObj in yout room
Drop a Start3donRoomStart in the room
Place the camera using the script here from your OWN object, do not use the CameraObj directly
Of course, only one real camera is used, you simply call the scripts to tell it how you want it to display the 3d world
1) Merge the file with yours (make a backup first)
2) Drop a Start3dOnRoomStartObj in the room (optionnal, does a d3d_start)
4) Drop a CameraObj in the room
5) Open one of the sample player and copy over the camera code to your player of other object
5b) or drop one of the sample players in the room and change its code for your game
6) Remove your camera code (if you had one)
Now you can keep thinking about your game.
Edited by icuurd12b42, 25 August 2008 - 04:31 PM.