#1 NinjaBril

NinjaBril

Many games, little time

• GMC Member
  • 2339 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 28 July 2008 - 02:51 AM

That Name Game!

That Name Game! isn't a game at all, it is some what of an application. This was originally made for my use only, but then I thought it might help some other players as well as my self. I also decided to share it for suggestions to improve it. Please don't pound on this too bad, but leave good and constructive criticism. I know there isn't much but still. And there is no point in me posting screen shots of the game because it is a black screen with some text on it.

anyway, enough with my stalling, here is the download.

http://www.box.net/shared/6w0o8r42sc

Edited by Senar, 28 July 2008 - 02:56 AM.

Formally Senar.

NinjaBril's Showcase:
That Name Game! | Chips World | Cellz | Dataster | Nos | Mazemerized | Ankz Reminisce

#2 Lukearentz

Lukearentz

My Two Cents

• 2587 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 03:06 AM

Hmm, well its is not really helpful to others as it is in exe form. But its not that bad, I myself have made a random name generator, that uses arrays.
I have left the GMC, and my domain is no longer registered to me.
All previous links will not work, for any information/links please PM me, and I may be able to help you

#3 x-death

x-death

Flash Developer

• GMC Member
  • 3402 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 03:14 AM

Hmm, well its is not really helpful to others as it is in exe form. But its not that bad, I myself have made a random name generator, that uses arrays.

yeah that doesn't make much sence to me. why would you post an exe of something you made if wanted to give it out to help people?
luke pointed that out well it isn't very helpful as an exe.
If your interested in having a flash website programmed for you at a cheap price. you can message me!

Resources: My Pack
My Galleries: Deviant Art, Pixel Joint
Examples: Pausing System, External Loading
Guides: Pixel Art, Creating Games, Reviewing Games
Games: A.C.W, Thunder God, Ip Utility, Rocketive

#4 NinjaBril

NinjaBril

Many games, little time

• GMC Member
  • 2339 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 03:28 AM

I dont mean help people code wise, i just mean name making wise. Cause that is something that seems like a challenge to me.

Edited by Senar, 28 July 2008 - 03:29 AM.

Formally Senar.

NinjaBril's Showcase:
That Name Game! | Chips World | Cellz | Dataster | Nos | Mazemerized | Ankz Reminisce

#5 x-death

x-death

Flash Developer

• GMC Member
  • 3402 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 06:57 AM

I dont mean help people code wise, i just mean name making wise. Cause that is something that seems like a challenge to me.

well that is what the game design forum is for. lol. haha your a funny won.
If your interested in having a flash website programmed for you at a cheap price. you can message me!

#6 Lukearentz

Lukearentz

My Two Cents

• 2587 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 06:59 AM

Hmm, well you could always just use google or ask a friend to make some names. The program has little point, in my opinion, BUT! that is only for me. There is probably people like yourself who actually will use this, so good work anyway. :P
All previous links will not work, for any information/links please PM me, and I may be able to help you

#7 NinjaBril

NinjaBril

Many games, little time

• GMC Member
  • 2339 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 07:16 AM

Hmm, well you could always just use google or ask a friend to make some names. The program has little point, in my opinion, BUT! that is only for me. There is probably people like yourself who actually will use this, so good work anyway. :P

yeah thanks i guess,

But if you haven't dled it yet, It doesn't really come up with Generic names like "Brian", "Paul", "Jimmy", "Tom", it comes up with unique RPG names like "Uhuri", "Ogovi", "Inalli", and "Lotetun". Names that may be hard to come up with from the top of your head.

Formally Senar.

NinjaBril's Showcase:

#8 Lukearentz

Lukearentz

My Two Cents

• 2587 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 07:19 AM

Yeah, I did download it. I always download stuff.
But the names are easily found on google.. like i said

#9 x-death

x-death

Flash Developer

• GMC Member
  • 3402 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 07:49 AM

yeah thanks i guess,

But if you haven't dled it yet, It doesn't really come up with Generic names like "Brian", "Paul", "Jimmy", "Tom", it comes up with unique RPG names like "Uhuri", "Ogovi", "Inalli", and "Lotetun". Names that may be hard to come up with from the top of your head.

yeah that's true they can be hard but i guess the fact i'm a writer, doesn't really mean this appeals to me. but i guess this could be useful to other people which are trying to come up with unique names.

#10 chaz13

chaz13

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4214 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 06:25 PM

yeah that's true they can be hard but i guess the fact i'm a writer, doesn't really mean this appeals to me. but i guess this could be useful to other people which are trying to come up with unique names.

The fact that i am a writer does make it appeal to me.

#11 orange08

orange08

Art Game Movement

• GMC Member
  • 2272 posts
  • Version:GM:HTML5

Posted 29 July 2008 - 06:34 PM

I wish it came up with more realistic sounding names :D ...

Z8vrE7W.png WRhLqHy.png
"I'm just glad Off-topic isn't being removed. Otherwise I risk actually doing something productive." -RoyTheShort