21 replies to this topic

#1 linkachu4

linkachu4

GMC Member

• 7 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 12:20 AM

Posted Image
:( Introduction
This is my first finished fangame and the first I have posted on this site!
I have always been a huge fan of Chao Gardens in the Sonic the Hedgehog series. The last Chao Garden that was made was in Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut, and that was a long time ago, and there probably won't be another, so I decided to make my own!

:GM023: Overview
In Chao Garden Ver. 1.0 you get to choose your Chao's color and name it, then you get to start raising its stats. This fangame is very much like the Tiny Chao Garden from the Sonic Advance series, but with 2 additions: Races and Karate. The races and karate work mostly like Sonic Adventure 2 Battle's, your Chao's performance is determined by their stats. You raise your Chao's stats by earning Rings through the minigame, and then you buy Chaos Drives. It takes 8 Chaos Drives for your Chao to grow a level in one stat. You also earn Rings from winning in Races and defeating the enemies in Chao Karate. Unfortunately, there is no online play because I don't have registered Game Maker, and you can only have one Chao, but that might change if I make a Ver. 2.0.

:skull: Core Information
Title: Chao Garden Ver. 1.0
Genre: Virtual Pet
Download Size: 1216.1 KB
Resolution: No Change, Windowed
Current Version: v1.0
Written in: :GM6: Unregistered

;) Screenshots
Posted Image
Choose your Chao's color!

Posted Image
Buy toys! The Trumpet allows you to change the song!

Raise your Chao's stats! By buying Chaos Drives, your Chao can grow levels to participate in races and karate!
Play the Minigame to earn rings!
Participate in races! The higher level your Chao is, the faster it will go. You'll win Rings by winning races too!
Play Chao Karate! Each stat plays a part in Karate, so raise your Chao's stats well.

:P Download and Mirror
File Factory
Ultrashare

Vista Compatible Download
File Factory
Ultrashare

:GM060: FAQ
Here are some Frequently Asked Questions I think people will be asking me:

Q: How many Chao can I have?
A: Just one

Q: How many save files can I have?
A: Just one, I only have Unregistered Game Maker

Q: This Race/Karate Enemy is too hard!
A: Try raising your Chao up a level or two in that/a stat. If you think it's still too hard, I might make it easier in Ver. 2.0

Q: When will my Chao evolve?
A: It won't, I am currently working on a way to evolve, but because of the different colors, it will take a long time to complete

Q: This game is horrible!
A: Please tell me why it's bad and I'll try to work on it, and please don't say that you just hate Chao.

Q: When will Ver. 2.0 come out?
A: I'm not sure. It depends on how long it will take me to make the evolutions and other features. But I won't make it if this game isn't very popular.

:huh: Closing Comment
If you have any other questions, comments, complaints, glitches, or ideas to tell me, please do. :)

Edited by linkachu4, 28 July 2008 - 01:47 PM.

#2 Tenma

Tenma

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 299 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 12:41 AM

Wow, this is nice.
Its just like in The old sonic game
You shoudl make the mini-game the same one as in the old game(just a suggestion)

#3 linkachu4

linkachu4

GMC Member

• 7 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 03:47 AM

Wow, this is nice.
Its just like in The old sonic game
You shoudl make the mini-game the same one as in the old game(just a suggestion)

Thanks! :P
And by old mini-game, do you mean the Rock-Paper-Scissors one or the one where you throw Cheese up into the air? Because I could add both. :medieval:

Edited by linkachu4, 28 July 2008 - 03:48 AM.

#4 RobertOK

RobertOK

GMC Member

• 186 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 28 July 2008 - 10:39 AM

This looks a great game, but it doesn't work on Vista! To get it to work I think you only have to crete the executable using Game Maker 7. Don't worry if you can't, but can't wait to play the game!

#5 linkachu4

linkachu4

GMC Member

• 7 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 01:48 PM

This looks a great game, but it doesn't work on Vista! To get it to work I think you only have to crete the executable using Game Maker 7. Don't worry if you can't, but can't wait to play the game!

There, I added a Vista compatible version. :P

#6 RobertOK

RobertOK

GMC Member

• 186 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 29 July 2008 - 02:18 PM

Cheers, dlling now, i'll edit this post once I've played it.

#7 BUD

BUD

GMC Member

• 163 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 02:55 PM

haha awsome game u should have game maker registered tho. then u could have better things to put in for like mini games. :D jus like sonic the headchog XD

#8 linkachu4

linkachu4

GMC Member

• 7 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 02:30 AM

haha awsome game u should have game maker registered tho. then u could have better things to put in for like mini games. :) jus like sonic the headchog XD

Thanks!
And I would get registered, but I don't have the $20. :(

Edited by linkachu4, 30 July 2008 - 02:30 AM.

#9 jecika009

jecika009

GMC Member

• 1 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 04:47 AM

A game is a structured or semi-structured activity, usually undertaken for enjoyment and sometimes also used as an educational tool. Games are generally distinct from work, which is usually carried out for remuneration, and from art, which is more concerned with the expression of ideas. However, the distinction is not clear-cut, and many games are also considered to be work or art.

#10 linkachu4

linkachu4

GMC Member

• 7 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 06:32 PM

A game is a structured or semi-structured activity, usually undertaken for enjoyment and sometimes also used as an educational tool. Games are generally distinct from work, which is usually carried out for remuneration, and from art, which is more concerned with the expression of ideas. However, the distinction is not clear-cut, and many games are also considered to be work or art.

I'm not sure what you're trying to tell me. So, you think it's bad because it's too hard, or what? <_<

#11 RyuReshin12

RyuReshin12

GMC Member

• 3 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 01:13 AM

<_< Oh.. Its Remarkable.. Its a cute game.. was it?

#12 pure_evil020

pure_evil020

GMC Member

• 1479 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 02:25 AM

very cute little characters
nice graphics
could use a few more things to do in the game tho...
gameplay.... for myself I didnt enjoy it that much, only because it isnt my kind of game.
but i'm sure others will enjoy it!
/7/10

#13 FourShade

FourShade

GMC Member

• 15 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 02:33 AM

Hey, nice! :D I'm a big Sonic Fan, so I'm really liking this. Good work, I like the minigame and all the chao colors. :P

#14 linkachu4

linkachu4

GMC Member

• 7 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 02:33 PM

Wow, thanks everyone!

#15 RyuReshin12

RyuReshin12

GMC Member

• 3 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 02:48 AM

:lol: Hey, Maybe yur next version of the game is better.. Ive also got an idea when i played it.. so thanx for that..
uumm, guys.. please see mine too.. so I will be able to know my mistakes.. ha ha.. thnx and keep up the good work linkachu4..

#16 Ruodo

Ruodo

GMC Member

• 6 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 08:44 PM

Thanks for this! I miss the old chaos I used to have on gamecube.

#17 Lil Sonic95

Lil Sonic95

GMC Member

• 47 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 03:00 PM

I can help you, i got a lot of chao sounds i downloaded from Sonic Fan Game HQ such as laughter, crying , more i can't remember

anyway great game, just make the views larger and can you make a full screen mode?

I love those old Chao Gardens and i wish sega would make more!! TY for a great game! Yay for you !! :)

#18 ChaoBuddy

ChaoBuddy

GMC Member

• 7 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 10:16 PM

Maybe for the Duck toy, you could have an unlockable minigame.

Ring Retriever

It's like a classic game of "Snake". You collect rings and they appear behind you and follow. Try to avoid your tail and also the boundaries. If you hit your tail, you lose rings up to that point (It cuts your tail). If you hit the boundaries, you lose a few rings. Both collisions make you fall into the water. Don't worry. You'll get up again.

Stat Info:
Run: Determines how much of a boost you get when you press the space bar.
Power: Nothing Really.
Fly: Determines a Maximum of how fast you can go without a boost (You choose the speed at the beginning.)
Swim: Determines the time needed to get back on the Duck. The higher, the less time needed.

Controls:
Arrow Keys. Up makes you move up, down makes you move down, etc.

I like this game.

#19 AlexR2

AlexR2

GMC Member

• Banned Users
  • 197 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 20 July 2009 - 03:29 AM

the link broke, dont you take care of this stuff? gawd

#20 guitarman4545

guitarman4545

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 526 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:29 PM

Yes this looks interesting, does anyone know where I can download it? None of the links work.

#21 zezimaimp

zezimaimp

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 552 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:42 PM

Yeah, can someone PM me when the link is fixed, I love chao, and I wanna try this out!

#22 Koron XYZ

Koron XYZ

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1470 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 03:54 PM

Q: How many Chao can I have?
A: Just one

Q: How many save files can I have?
A: Just one, I only have Unregistered Game Maker

Multiple save are possible in GM Lite.
Have you ever heard of .ini files?