Important note! - I will be leaving to serve a two-year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints starting in June and will be unable to compose any music during that time. My composing service will be closed from now until the end of that mission. When I return, if I am able to secure a paying composing job or internship, I will not be re-opening my service unless circumstances dictate otherwise.
From now until I leave, I will be uploading my music to various websites. I will not be accepting any requests, but feel free to contact me during May 2013 if you have a question, if you want me to send you a project file, or anything else of that nature. You may do so in this topic or through PM. I cannot be contacted anytime from June 2013 to June 2015.
It has been a pleasure working with all of you and this composing service has literally changed my life. I look forward to working on more composing projects when I return from my mission and I hope to be successful in building a professional career in this field.
Hello I am Nijg, a background music composer.
Terms of service:
- I will compose songs for your games or other productions, but I will not make songs by request for "listening pleasure."
- I specialize mainly in techno songs, but I can be flexible and can usually make songs of most genres.
- My music is royalty-free, so if you find a link to a song of mine somewhere, feel free to use it (just give credit.) This also means that my songs are not exclusive to one particular game.
- If you request a song from me and a song I've already composed fits your description perfectly, I will give you that song (sometimes it may even be one of my samples.)
- In case you don't know, the past two points before this one make it so that it is possible that you may find a song I've written for your game in someone else's game, but odds are you probably won't since there are thousands of game maker games out there.
- My songs may take anywhere from a few hours to months to make, depending on the number of requests I have to do and how busy I am. In the months of June, July, and August, my songs tend to be finished much quicker than during other months.
- If you like a song I make for you, a comment in this topic is appreciated. I will send PMs to inform people of their songs being finished, but the download links and information will be provided as a reply in this topic.
- When you request songs, please limit the cumulative song length per a post to 8 minutes. This is so the people waiting in line behind you don't have to wait too long. If you need a song longer than 8 minutes, please discuss the circumstances with me via PM.
- To prevent from getting overwhelmed by requests, I am under most circumstances only accepting requests from up to 4 people at a time. (Once four people have requested songs, I will say "Temporarily closed to new requests" in this topic.) Please do not request any music at the times when I am closed to new requests.
- I do not make sound effects.
- If you request a wav format song, I will only make it in wav if your desired length is under 30 seconds (as wav files can get extremely massive and can generate very expensive bandwidth for the hosting service.) If your desired length is too long and you want wav, I will make you an mp3 instead.
- Having a very large amount of mp3s in one Game Maker game takes up a lot of file size and may cause lag. If you are not using a good technique to reduce file size or lag, I recommend that you do not use a very large amount of mp3s in one game.
- It is much more efficient to request music via this topic than via PM, as I may accidentally overlook PMs sometimes. PMing me does not speed up the process, but it can be appropriate for team projects.
- I will not write music for, or allow my music in, any production that contains excessive gore, offensive language, or any sexual references.
- If you have posted a clear, detailed request in this topic, I will fulfill that request unless I post saying otherwise. I usually do not respond until I complete the song(s) requested, so if you have posted a request in this topic there is no need to worry about if I saw it or not. You can express a concern if you see that I am completing multiple requests posted after yours, as that would be the rare case that I accidentally overlooked your request.
- Please do not request the exact same request from both me and other composer(s) at the exact same time unless you are expecting to use more than one song for that request.
- I do write music for other clients through email or other websites, so keep in mind that I may have more requests to complete than those listed in this topic.
- I would greatly appreciate it if you keep me informed of the projects you use my songs in, so that I can actually have an answer when people ask me what games my songs are in. (Donations are appreciated as well .)
- I always maintain full rights to all my music. If you wish to purchase rights, ask for details via PM.
- These terms are subject to change at any time.
- Give credit to Caleb Cuzner if you use my songs.
- If you use my music in a commercial game read the following: If you make very little money, all that is required is that you give credit (but a donation is greatly appreciated and expected.) If you make a substantial amount of money (more than $25), I would require both credit and a donation relative to the amount you've made.
If you want me to make a song for a game, use this format for requesting:*
1. Genre (for best results say actual genres (types of music))
3. Looped or not
4. Preferred file format (midi, mp3, wav, wma, ogg, etc, but I cannot do mod files)
5. Other information (where its being used, example of what it should sound like, etc)
*Please request one song per a request form. If you want multiples of similar songs, please post separate request forms that say the specific variants you want in each of the separate songs. This will make it much easier on the composer.
For those of you that don't know: Looped means that the song can be played over and over again with no stops. Not looped means the song has an ending.
If you are having trouble downloading a song, right click on the link and click "Save Link As"
Will The Shark Survive?
all my mp3 songs are also available in midi format
You can find more samples by looking through this thread
If you want to use one of my samples (or any song of mine you find), feel free. If you want any of my samples (or any of my songs for that matter) slightly changed, feel free to ask. Please give credit whenever you use my songs.
By popular request, I have been asked to release a pack of all my songs I have written. Here is a zip of all the songs that I have written from August 2007 to May 8, 2013: Caleb Cuzner's Songs
In December 2009, I wrote a Christmas medley of 4 songs, built on the idea that they can all be played at the same time: That Christmas Night
In December 2010, I worked on a collaboration project with Ben Tibbets (mrscience00, bensmusic.org.) We wrote a Christmas song based on the story of how Santa made his first toy. You can read more and listen to the song here.
In December 2011, I wrote a Christmas medley of 'Pat-a-Pan' and 'Jingle Bells' entitled, Pat-a-Bells. It is my first song to contain rap-like vocals (they are muffled and hard to understand, hence they are mainly there for rhythmic effect.) This song starts out slow, smooth and ballad-like, and then bursts into an intense techno rock.
In December 2012, I wrote a Christmas medley of 'Carol of the Bells' and 'O Little Town of Bethlehem' entitled, Carol of Bethlehem. It is built on the idea of a fast song being played played really slow and a slow song being played really fast. 'Carol of the Bells' is heard in the lower texture throughout, and 'O Little Town of Bethlehem' comes out in the middle of the song.
Edited by Nijg, 09 May 2013 - 01:43 PM.