Radnom

Burninator

• GMC Member
  • 778 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 20 July 2008 - 10:46 AM

Posted ImagePosted Image

Super Sniper!

This was made for a 3hour contest for Poppenkast. That includes graphics, gameplay and coding. It would have included some kinda sound effects but I ran out of time.

I sadly didn't get to do a lot of things that I wanted to do with it, but I am quite proud of the quality given the time limit. Try and kill all the baddies as fast as you can, but don't kill any hostages!

F1 for info/help.

The Poppenkast Website - specific '10800 Second Compo' topic
Radnom Games Website

DOWNLOAD

#2 jakman4242

jakman4242

Vertical Shmup Junkie

• 3222 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 11:06 AM

That was pretty fun!
The only way it could have been better would have been if there were sound effects, and a track :P
-- My blog. --

#3 clystron

clystron

GMC Member

• 269 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 12:53 PM

That kicks ass :P

#4 talha

talha

GMC Member

• 125 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 05:17 PM

great game. graphics are very stily. no sounds needed i think, its fine just as it is. is there another way of being "game over" without killing a hostage? and how it decides about score? is it the time? 9/10 for a 3 hour game, congrats

#5 pure_evil020

pure_evil020

GMC Member

• 1479 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 12:14 AM

well done for 3 hours! -_- this is a very simple game, yet it is pretty fun to play around with for a while. 7/10
Posted Image
Software, malware, and file removal program.

#6 james mihaly

james mihaly

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 341 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 21 July 2008 - 12:39 AM

Man I wish my computer would be able to read Game Maker files, but for the moment, it can't... 't's been about a month my mom rebooted it and Game Maker stuff can't work no more. Graphics look so cool and game sounds really fun!

#7 just one question

just one question

GMC Member

• 749 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 12:51 AM

Man I wish my computer would be able to read Game Maker files, but for the moment, it can't... 't's been about a month my mom rebooted it and Game Maker stuff can't work no more. Graphics look so cool and game sounds really fun!

Have you tried re-installing game maker? Perhaps do a system restore to before the time your computer could not run GM files.

Anyway, great game. It gets a little boring after a while, but I like it.

9/10

Edited by just one question, 21 July 2008 - 12:52 AM.

#8 jikaru

jikaru

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 326 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 11:08 PM

game was fun but sometime the collision said I was hitting hostages when I clearly wasn't....other than sometimes hitting the hostage 8/10 i also wish the graphics were slightly bigger. but not bad for a 3 hour game!