How Do I Make My Own Highscore?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 helpme69

helpme69

GMC Member

• 904 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 02:21 AM

Hey I want to make my own highscore but unfortunalty i dont know how to do it and i dont know were to start .
Could someone please post how to do it in detailed steps or maybe post a link to a good example.Or even better maybe make me an example.
I want it like a normal highscore but I want it to show how long the game went for and the score the player had and the rating.
Sorry if this is a big ask,if you help me and it works I will be sure to credit the person.

Cody

#2 Paul1582

Paul1582

GMC Member

• 489 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 02:44 AM

Luckily for you, there is already a highscore function.

highscore_show(numb) Shows the highscore table. numb is the new score. If this score is good enough to be added to the list, the player can input a name. Use -1 to simple display the current list.
highscore_set_background(back) Sets the background image to use. back must be the index of one of the background resources.
highscore_set_border(show) Sets whether the highscore form must have a border or not.
highscore_set_font(name,size,style) Sets the font used for the text in the table. (This is a normal Windows font, not one of the font resources.) You specify the name, size and style (0=normal, 1= bold, 2=italic, 3=bold-italic).
highscore_set_colors(back,new,other) Sets the colors used for the background, the new entry in the table, and the other entries.
highscore_set_strings(caption,nobody,escape) Changes the different default strings used when showing the highscore table. caption is the caption of the form. nobody is the string used when there is nobody at the particular rank. escape is the string at the bottom indicating to press the escape key. You can in particular use this when your game should use a different language.
highscore_show_ext(numb,back,border,col1,col2,name
,size) Shows the highscore table with a number of options (can also be achieved by using a number of the previous functions). numb is the new score. If this score is good enough to be added to the list, the player can input a name. Use -1 to simple display the current list. back is the background image to use, border indicates whether or not to show the border. col1 is the color for the new entry, col2 the color for the other entries. name is the name of the font to use, and size is the font size.
highscore_clear() Clears the highscore list.
highscore_add(str,numb) Adds a player with name str and score numb to the list.
highscore_add_current() Adds the current score to the highscore list. The player is asked to provide a name.
highscore_value(place) Returns the score of the person on the given place (1-10). This can be used to draw your own highscore list.
highscore_name(place) Returns the name of the person on the given place (1-10).
draw_highscore(x1,y1,x2,y2) Draws the highscore table in the room in the indicated box, using the current font.

If you don't know how to use GML, ask.

#3 dawndragon19

dawndragon19

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 47 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 30 July 2011 - 07:50 PM

I do need help. I want to make a personal highscore table, but I don't know GML. I'm going to be learning once school starts, but I want to get my first game done before then, and looking at the scripts is hard without doing it right.

#4 ihato

ihato

Destroyed

• Banned Users
  • 739 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 30 July 2011 - 08:00 PM

<Post Destroyed>

Edited by ihato, 22 August 2011 - 12:30 PM.

#5 LOS.A

LOS.A

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 597 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 08:09 PM

I don't think he's been stuck on this problem for three years :P

Edited by LOS.A, 30 July 2011 - 08:10 PM.

#6 dawndragon19

dawndragon19

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 47 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 31 July 2011 - 12:08 AM

however, I am stuck. I really have a hard time using scripts. I always make mistakes that I can't seem to fix, and cause the game to break every single time.

#7 LOS.A

LOS.A

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 597 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 01:03 AM

By 'personal highscore table', do you mean not the standard one? What have you done/tried so far?
Also, you should've made your own topic.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users