Top 5 Games Of All Time

• Please log in to reply
269 replies to this topic

#1 noobman1234

noobman1234

GMC Member

• 41 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 02:46 AM

Rules: 1. Can be any game ever created... meaning don't limit to consoles use arcade, online, even games created on Game Maker if you want.
2. No spam
3. No flaming or put downs. Everyone has the right to have an opinion.
4. There is no rule 5
6. must be in decending order (5,4,3,2,1)
MY LIST

5. Final Fantasy VII
4. Tetris
3. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
2. Super Mario Bros.

Are you ready for the #1 all time best game ever

Are you sure...

Ok

Almost there

1. Diablo II Lord of Destruction -I'm also the best at it. Well sort of... I have a lvl 99 smiter on US-East and on Open... forget about it...

Have fun

#2 Black

Black

Black Gaming

• 125 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 03:10 AM

Halo 1, 2 & 3
Donkey Kong Country 1 & 2 (not 3, 3 sucked)
Starcraft/Warcraft series (not including wow)
Super Mario World
Guitar Hero (all of them, never played 1 though)

No particular order though, to hard to decide:/

#3 Zezuken

Zezuken

AKA: Warriorccc0

• GMC Member
  • 2799 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 28 June 2008 - 03:54 AM

Final Fantasy VIII - Epic, great story line, good graphics, some great cut scene moments.
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Its zelda, and IMO better then OOT, since it has better gameplay, graphics and sound.

Good god its impossible to decide anything else really since it seems like a big mess...it would probably be a Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Final Fantasy and possibly some other games.

Edited by Zezuken, 28 June 2008 - 03:56 AM.

#4 GameFrnzy

GameFrnzy

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 238 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 07:12 AM

1) Final Fantasy 7 - Rocks any RPG ever created.. Storyline was sooo good.. I actually got depressed when Arie died.. i think that was her name.. The story just captured you into the game. It has been the only game that has ever done that
to me. It was amazing.. thats all i gotta say :]]

2) STALKER - Awsome FPS. Had its own creepy feeling. It really gave you the mood of survival. Not just one of those ill run out in the middle of nowhere and blast everything and if I die its ok. This really made you fight and not want to ever die. Story was good. Lots of action. Lots of free exploration. Lots of creepy and scary places. It kinda mixed all my favorite genres :]]

3) Call of Duty 4 - Action, Graphics, Great multiplayer. Just a lil short. What else can I say. Even had a good story :]]

4) Bioshock - Great game. Good story. Makes you play till the end. But sadly I didnt want to replay it again. Lol.

5) All Metal Gear Solid Games - All are just amazing. I have never not finished one and I cant wait to play the new one

#5 MMORPGguy

MMORPGguy

MMORPG guy

• GMC Member
  • 2208 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 09:13 AM

uhhh... starcraft.

It's late, and I'm too lazy to write out a full testament to it's awesomeness. so just take my word for it.

#6 masterofhisowndomain

masterofhisowndomain

The Designer

• GMC Member
  • 3650 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 28 June 2008 - 09:38 AM

I'm going to go for some of the classics, and a few of the new ones:

Abe's Exoddus: Could have suggested the first game in the series, but the sequel was even better. Fun, bloody difficult and unique gameplay no other game has replicated successfully.

Silent Hill: Considering the graphics of the PS1, this has to be the creepiest game ever; the game uses sound and tension like no other to create an absolutely unnerving experience, unlike the Resident Evils which relied on horror too much.

Dead Rising: Sure, it had its flaws, but this is one of the most original gaming experiences I've had in ages.

Burnout Revenge: The best racing game of all time, full stop. None of the namby pamby racing experience of games like Forza, but some good old fashioned twisted steel clashes. Breathtaking graphics too.

Black & White: A simulation game like no other. Graphically superb, conceptually magnificent, to say that B&W is the most epic of games is still an understatement.

#7 death-droid

death-droid

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 2599 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 10:57 AM

1=Settlers 3 and 4 (There just fabulous games even tho sometimes the take awhile to start up)
2=Legend Of Zelda Ocarina of time(A legendary game one of the few games to get 10/10 on game spot)
3=Stronghold 2 (Best simulation of its kind)
4=Fable(just a awesome and fun game)
5=Command And Conquer Renegade(A very nice fps but it would of being awesome if it had more AI oriented stuff in it)

#8 noobman1234

noobman1234

GMC Member

• 41 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 04:40 PM

Yea I forgot to add Fable the Lost Chapters into my list. It's just so great to finally be able to wear that mask at the end.

#9 Speedmaster

Speedmaster

Fionn Hodgson

• GMC Member
  • 540 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 08:40 PM

10. Ridge Racer
9. Mafia - The City of Lost Heaven
8. Age of Empires - The Age of Kings
7. Wipeout
6.Sonic The Hedgehog (The Megadrive ones)

5. Empire Earth (1 and 2, but not 3.)
No other game has you start out with three guys and a campfire, and then apply war tactics and economy - progressing right through history from the Ancient tribes, to early civilization, to the Copper, Bronze, Iron, Dark, Middle, Gunpowder, Imperial, Enlightenment, Industrial, Modern, Atomic and Digital ages. And then....turn into a Sci-Fi RTS and continue way on into the future with deadly laser wielding robots. This game has stolen several months of my life in it's sheer replayability and variety.

4. Operation Flashpoint + Resistance
The Czechs can really make good games, as demonstrated by this excellent FPS. Intense gameplay, addictive, open ended and a winning scenario editor. Only let down by weak physics. The sequel, Armed Assault was good, but didn't kick as much arse as it could of.
Update: ArmA 2 is much better than Armed Assault! I highly recommend!

3. Outrun + Outrunners
Baring in mind that graphics and gameplay in the mid 1980s where pretty sparse, this Sega legend was a decade ahead of its time in terms of format and graphics. Seriously, Outrunners (1992) has better looking graphics than any Playstation game. The sense of speed is fantastic, and it's difficult to master but never frustrating (unless you are inserting your money for the arcade version!)

2. Max Payne (1 and 2)
Almost Flawless as a shooter. Stunning ahead-of-its time graphics, humour, blissful gameplay, great sounds, cool characters.... I could go on! The game is short, yes, but the levels and story are so intricate that you'll want to play through each game at least 3 times. Plus there is a mission builder pack so you can create and play custom content!

1. Grand Theft Auto (GTA, GTA London 1969, 1961, GTA2, GTAIII, GTA:VC, GTA:SA, GTA: ADVANCE, GTA:LCS, GTA:VCS, GTAIV....)
Because without GTA, the video game industry would be hollow, humourless and probably a little dead.
A true story of rags to the riches, the original DMA team who made the 1997 GTA game were about as major as most users of Game Maker! Today, it's 11th installment is acheiving perfect reviews across the boards - and for good reasons. It has everything. Driving, Shooting, A Kick Arse Soundtrack (SF:UR and MSX FM for the win! As well as Electrochoc!), Awesome characters and dialougue, winning humour satiring everything (most notably the evil ways of America!) You can also chainsaw prostitutes limbs off, after you've used their services, so you can steal back the money you paid them - What more could you want in a game?!

Edited by Speedmaster, 25 July 2009 - 09:24 PM.

#10 Limming Michael

Limming Michael

GMC Member

• 417 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 12:56 AM

Lets see here......

StarCraft

UT2004

Rise of Legends

Rise of Nations

WarCraft3

#11 Ruzzinator

Ruzzinator

Xbox 360 Lover

• 646 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 01:14 AM

5: Halo 3, The multilayer can keep you entrained for the rest of your life, but who wants to do that?
4: Bioshock, The water is amazing, the scariness, the graphics blew me away and you actually got angry at Andrew Ryan!
3: Burnout Takedown: It is the mot intense game I've had, how racing should be!
2: Gears of War, chainsaw, body bits, blood, and of course, head shots!
1: TimeSplitters: Future Perfect! It kept me and my friends entertained for HOURS on end... If only the Xbox 360 lets it work... :D

UPDATED LIST: As of 5/12/09
5. Bioshock, since 29/6/08, I have played it through another 3 times, but lost intrest so I traded it in to help fund my Modern Warfare 2 cash-pile. Still amazing game, and some bits still scare the ba-jeeb-ers out of me.
4. Gears of War 2, yep, moved on since Gears of War 1 and boy does number 2 look good! Story was well done and leaves it wide open for the 3rd! But the only thing wrong with it is the matchmaking. Pressed A to start searching, go to the kitchen, put in some toast, grab the peanut butter, go back to Xbox... Searching for team-mates... back to kitchen, toast pops out, smother it in peanut butter, eat it, check on xbox... Searching for team-mates... Turns off xbox. Though the chainsaws, headshots, flamethrowers and co-op horde kept me entertained, if only they had 4-player co-op...
3. Burnout Paradise, yes, it has taken over Takedown, even though Takedown did have its pro's over Paradise (Crash events, better looking boost, signature takedowns), Paradise just beats it (Open world, Free-roam online, better graphics, more cars and of course barrel rolls). Though, like Bioshock, the game was converted for store credit to help towards me buying MW2
2. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, even though I have MW2, the first one actually beats it. Though MW2 is better overall, somehow, I knew I had more fun with MW1, probably because it was my first, realistic FPS (Yeah, thats right, no Halo :P) and I had spent so much time with the multiplayer... Well, so much for ME (4 days). if you look on the high-scores theres 80+ days. I thought 4 was bad!
1. TimeSplitters: Future Perfect, still number one, even though the last time I've played it since 29/6/08 was at somones party. But boy did it bring back the memories! And such good memories too! Making the old favourite maps and playing virus. Makes me sad that Microsoft still haven't added it to the compatible list.

How things change, and how things don't! :(

Edited by Ruzzinator, 04 December 2009 - 11:59 PM.

#12 MMORPGguy

MMORPGguy

MMORPG guy

• GMC Member
  • 2208 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 10:32 AM

4: Bioshock, The water is amazing, the scariness, the graphics blew me away and you actually got angry at Andrew Ryan!

really?

I was looking around for an option other than just killing him. not that I had a choice. lol.

#13 masterofhisowndomain

masterofhisowndomain

The Designer

• GMC Member
  • 3650 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 30 June 2008 - 04:16 PM

3. No flaming or put downs. Everyone has the right to have an opinion.

Really? Not even disagreeing because someone's choice is downright wrong! ;)
Only I'm really itching to lay into a few of those games with a hammer of critiscism..

#14 caHarkness

caHarkness

GMC Member

• 114 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 05:22 PM

Here are my games.. My
Top 5 (of all time) games..

1. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
2. Legend of Zelda: the Wind Waker.
3. Megaman Legends 1 & 2.
4. Doom (1993 Original).
5. Sim City 4.

Wow, Nintendo made it up there TWICE..
I just love the LoZ series, but these are my
favourites.

The Megaman Legends series really does
have a great twist of: Sci Fi, Shooting/Action,
and Anime..

The original Doom is my favourite of the Doom
series, (1, 2, and 3) and it's really a great game
if you put some time into it.

Sim City 4.
Outstanding.
Endless Possibilities.

#15 Overman

Overman

GMC Member

• Banned Users
  • 884 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 05:25 PM

why are most people not saying OoT?

1=Settlers 3 and 4 (There just fabulous games even tho sometimes the take awhile to start up)
2=Legend Of Zelda Ocarina of time(A legendary game one of the few games to get 10/10 on game spot)

Wow I thought I was the only one who liked the Settlers games. Also you mentioned OoT so your opinion actually matters.

#16 Jorj

Jorj

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 36 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 30 June 2008 - 05:32 PM

5. Spellforce 1 + addons - Nice RTS/RPG, I have played over and over again and never become bored, altought it is a RTS and has some bugs. It makes you feel you want more of it... but Spellforce 2 is not the same....

4. Dizzy series - the old egg for the Z80 (for those who remember the old Z80 games) - very nice and challenging adventure games, and with cute graphics for the Z80.

3. Diablo 2 + Lord of Destruction - problably the greatest action RPG of all time - it makes you want to play it again and again, especially in multiplayer.

2. Command and Conquer : Red Alert 2 + Yuri's Revenge - problaly the best RTS I have played (in my oppinion better than Starcraft, but who knows how Starcraft 2 will be)

1. Elder Scrolls 4 : Oblivion + addons - very good graphics, gameplay, sound, about everything is almoust perfect in this game. It makes you feel you are living in the game world, because you can do whatever you want, be everything you want, explore lots of towns, castles, dungeons and even the Hell itself ;)

Edited by Jorj, 30 June 2008 - 05:33 PM.

#17 krakko

krakko

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 98 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 05:54 PM

There is but one game deserving of such title, and it is...

(drumroll)

The Curse of Monkey Island

Thank you, and goodnight.

#18 adrianbailey

adrianbailey

GMC Member

• 338 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:39 PM

Oh my GOD! No Kingdom Hearts?!?

5. Halo 2 : Well I feel bad putting this here but it's a great game, haha.
4. Kingdom Hearts II: This was a big letdown to me. But it was still fun and a half.
3. Black & White: This is soo much fun to play. Simulation's are cool, i liked being a god!
2. Diablo II: Lords of Destruction: Best RPG ever! Hours of fun!
1. Kingdom Hearts: I love this game's quirky characters, gameplay, and story!! I love it like a son!
;)

edit:
oops i was using HTML tags haha

Edited by adrianbailey, 30 June 2008 - 08:43 PM.

#19 pngnman

pngnman

GMC Member

• 178 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 09:13 PM

5: Timesplitters

4: Timesplitters 2

3: Uncharted: Drakes Fortune

2: Half Life 2

1: Psychonauts

Edited by pngnman, 30 June 2008 - 09:13 PM.

#20 paul23

paul23

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3684 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 09:39 PM

Hard to make an order of them but anyways:

-Unreal tournament GOTY-edition, just is always fun to go fragging with a few friends..
-Warcraft 3, I really like a story and when combining it with my favourite game genre (RTS's) it's to be in the top ;)
-Shogun totalwar. - It's a great "simulation" making it a very stratigic game (even more than it's better looking brother rome total war).
-DOOM: this is a classical, I have to say I can't remember much anymore about it: but I used to play it a lot!
-Mario kart, "fun" - That's the best word to describe the game: it's very fun racing against other people there! (much more than for example need for speed).

#21 Qmedia

Qmedia

GMC Member

• 6 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 03:39 AM

5 - Ratchet and Clank series - Plenty to do without getting boring

4 - TES IV: Oblivion - High graphics, freestyle gameplay, ability to use addons.

3 - Zelda series - It's Zelda. No further explaination needed.

2 - Starcraft - Blizzard makes good games. Excellent strategy game.

1 - Warcraft III - Same as Starcraft, but with a very free ability to create your own style of games with the world editor.

#22 DgN13

DgN13

GMC Member

• 106 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:36 PM

5. "Fate." Generic RPG. REALLY easy to hack though, so I had fun critting 3 billion when normal crits are 3.
4. Protoganda: Difficult gameplay, but great learning curve. Although Kusnetsov seems misplaced.
3. World of Warcraft: Great multiplayer, and has the best bossfights ever.
2. Warcraft 3: Fun gameplay and great customization possibilities(for those who don't play, you can actually change every aspect of the game in the "Map Editor.").
Ready for number 1? Scroll down!

1. (to improve relations with other users =D) YOUR games.

#23 ilikepie

ilikepie

Sparxs Games

• 784 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:49 PM

5. Smash Bros Melee
4. Call of duty 3
3. Call of Duty 1
2.Call of Duty 4
1.Call of Duty 2

#24 Corrision

Corrision

GMC Member

• 58 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 12:09 AM

5. Mass Effect
4. Super Mario Galaxy
3. Any of the orignal Pokemon games
2. Rock Band
1. Super Smash Brothers Brawl

#25 LimmingKenny

LimmingKenny

GMC Member

• 422 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 12:21 AM

5. F-Zero GX
4. Ocarina of Time
3. The World Ends With You
2. Super Mario RPG
1. Final Fantasy VII

#26 quicklearner

quicklearner

GMC Member

• 120 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 12:25 AM

Super Mario 64

Metal Gear Solid

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Super Smash Bros Brawl

Superman 64*

*This game sucks. I just couldn't think of any other games I like this much

#27 bradshaw

bradshaw

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 10:18 PM

5. Solomon's Key
4. Zelda
3. Contra 3 (The Carnage!!!)
2. Romance of the Three Kingdoms II
1. Total Annihilation.

#28 LimmingKenny

LimmingKenny

GMC Member

• 422 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 10:25 PM

Contra 3 is insanely action packed, especially for a snes game.

#29 matty_richo

matty_richo

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 486 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 12:33 AM

5. Mario Kart: Double Dash Having 2 characters in one cart is awesome and the GFX are brilliant, and the new tracks are the greatest.

4. Eledees shooting bugs and throwing microwaves couldn't be better, and the fact that you can throw buildings is hilerious.

3. Mount And Blade great GFX and the fact that you can use a pickaxe as a weapon is rly funny

2. Age of Empires II: Age Of The Kings the best RTS ever made, and the fact you get camels that throw knives is cool, and having people that blow themselves up :)

1. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Great GFX, great gameplay, i love being a thief coz they are rly cool 11/10

#30 FireWire Games

FireWire Games

GMC Member

• 1548 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 12:58 AM

5. Halo 3
4. SKATE
3. Splinter Cell: Double Agent
2. Rock Band
1. GTA IV

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users