Category: 3D Platformer
Size: 4 MB
Changes Resolution: No
Download from YoYoGames
Download from 64Digits
Download from Host-a
NOTE: You must unzip all the contents of the .zip file into the same folder, or the game will not work!
Game Maker Version: 6
Screenshots (click to enlarge):
Being a big Transformers fan my whole life, I was thrilled to see the 2007 Transformers movie and possibly even more thrilled to play the DS game based on the film, Transformers: Autobots. However, once I discovered that G1 (that is, Generation 1, the original Transformers series that was on back in the 1980's) versions of Optimus and Megatron were unlockble in the Xbox 360 Transformers Movie game but not in the DS games, I was a bit disappointed. So, to solve my dilemna, I sat down at the computer, booted up GM, and started to work on this: a fully 3D Transformers G1 game, with a play style and physics very similar to Transformers: Autobots. I've been doing a lot of on-and-off work to it since March, and so far I have made a fully transformable Optimus Prime who can drive, jump, and stomp his way around a small, free-roaming city. I'm not a 3D expert and am very unfamilar with modelling programs like Anim8or and Blender, so Optimus and every other model in the game was programmed from scratch using GM's basic built-in D3D models, like ellipsoids, cubes, cylinders, and even floors & walls. I am aware that the demo has its share of glitches and there's not much to do except walk or drive around the city, but that's what the WIP forum is for, right?
- 1 Player Mode
- 2 Player Mode (sorry, no online play)
- Two driving control types
- FPS can be adjusted so the game can run at a good speed, whether your computer is fast or slow
- Two alternate skins for Optimus Prime (Armorless Ultra Magnus and Nemesis Prime)
Things that haven't been added yet:
- Combat system
- Wall climbing
- More playable characters, like Bumblebee or Megatron
- Better lighting and shading
- Transformers, Optimus Prime, Ultra Magnus, Nemesis Prime, the Matrix, and all related material (including music, sound effects, and logos) is the exclusive property of Hasbro, and I claim no rights to such material.
- Various billboard graphics were created by Jackaroo, Tophunter7, Megaboy, TurboX, and Mingmoo.
- Game Programming, 3D Models, and all Graphics (except for those mentioned above) were created by TechnoSuperguy.
I hope you enjoy it!
Edited by TechnoSuperguy, 23 December 2008 - 02:10 PM.