Category: 3D Platformer
Size: 4 MB
Changes Resolution: No
Multiplayer: Yes

Downloads:
Download from YoYoGames
Download from 64Digits
Download from Host-a
NOTE: You must unzip all the contents of the .zip file into the same folder, or the game will not work!
Trailers:
Gameplay Trailer

Game Maker Version: 6

Screenshots (click to enlarge):
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Screen 4
Screen 5
Screen 6
Screen 7
Screen 8
Screen 9
Screen 10
Screen 11
Screen 12
Screen 13
Screen 14
Screen 15

Information:
Being a big Transformers fan my whole life, I was thrilled to see the 2007 Transformers movie and possibly even more thrilled to play the DS game based on the film, Transformers: Autobots. However, once I discovered that G1 (that is, Generation 1, the original Transformers series that was on back in the 1980's) versions of Optimus and Megatron were unlockble in the Xbox 360 Transformers Movie game but not in the DS games, I was a bit disappointed. So, to solve my dilemna, I sat down at the computer, booted up GM, and started to work on this: a fully 3D Transformers G1 game, with a play style and physics very similar to Transformers: Autobots. I've been doing a lot of on-and-off work to it since March, and so far I have made a fully transformable Optimus Prime who can drive, jump, and stomp his way around a small, free-roaming city. I'm not a 3D expert and am very unfamilar with modelling programs like Anim8or and Blender, so Optimus and every other model in the game was programmed from scratch using GM's basic built-in D3D models, like ellipsoids, cubes, cylinders, and even floors & walls. I am aware that the demo has its share of glitches and there's not much to do except walk or drive around the city, but that's what the WIP forum is for, right? :whistle:

Features:
  • 1 Player Mode
  • 2 Player Mode (sorry, no online play)
  • Two driving control types
  • FPS can be adjusted so the game can run at a good speed, whether your computer is fast or slow
  • Two alternate skins for Optimus Prime (Armorless Ultra Magnus and Nemesis Prime)

Things that haven't been added yet:
  • Shooting
  • Combat system
  • Wall climbing
  • Enemies
  • More playable characters, like Bumblebee or Megatron
  • Better lighting and shading
  • Enemies
Unfortunately, I have already put more time into this project than I originally intended, and now that I have accomplished my original goal of creating a 3D, Transformers:Autobots-style game starring G1 Optimus, I doubt I will go on to make it into a complete game, or even finish anything on my to-do list.

Credits:
  • Transformers, Optimus Prime, Ultra Magnus, Nemesis Prime, the Matrix, and all related material (including music, sound effects, and logos) is the exclusive property of Hasbro, and I claim no rights to such material.
  • Various billboard graphics were created by Jackaroo, Tophunter7, Megaboy, TurboX, and Mingmoo.
  • Game Programming, 3D Models, and all Graphics (except for those mentioned above) were created by TechnoSuperguy.

I hope you enjoy it!

Edited by TechnoSuperguy, 23 December 2008 - 02:10 PM.

#2 Kilik 64

Kilik 64

Fire Emblem King

• 917 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 10:44 PM

Ae you using the designs fom the original series for the characters? Because I always liked the Armada character designs the best.

#3 TechnoSuperguy

TechnoSuperguy

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 526 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 11:02 PM

Ae you using the designs fom the original series for the characters? Because I always liked the Armada character designs the best.

Yes Kilik, I am using G1 (original series) designs. I provided screenshots, so feel free to have a look! :whistle:

#4 arylic

arylic

GMC Member

• 795 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 12:04 AM

Very good, this game has a lot of potential to make it out. Well i am also a good fan of transformers and i think you should add more detail and more things to do into the game, but until then very well done.

:whistle: Arylic
Do not re-distribute, Copy, Modify, or sell my work without my express permission. - Arylic Singh

#5 hotshotscott

hotshotscott

GMC Member

• 3483 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 12:52 AM

I read the title thinking 'This is probably just a platformer game where the maker says it's 3D so people will play', but when i saw the screenshots i was amazed, i just HAD to download.

This is quite good, i love it all! Quality is a little bad, but it's a 3D Game Maker game. You should talk to the guy who made Rextro 3D, he knows how to make good professional games (Im talking textures quality) and to make them fast as well. I think you should continue this, it could be quite good. Like just simple punch/kick, and then make it a fighting game, that's all it would need.

Also, just some suggestions:
* Make the camera always be in 'driving mode', even when you're not driving. Just make it so that pressing Left and Right rotates the transformer around, and UP always just makes the transformer move towards which ever way it's facing. It's enoying having to rotate the camera by pressing Page Down and Delete.
* Add some particle effects for when you jump.
* Fix the lag problem. I have seen many great FPS's here made with game maker, that run smoothly. Please contact the guy who made Rextro 3D, and get some tips off him. If this ran smoothly, and fast, it would be great!
* Add simple 'Punch' and 'Kick', and if you don't want to continue this game, just make a deathmatch game where 2 transformers fight to the death.

Please continue this, i think it's great :whistle:

Scotty

TEAM ODDBOX

Did I try your game or help you out with yours?? Please return the favour and try out my game! NOT just another Halo Clone!!

Posted Image

#6 Andreas_oj

Andreas_oj

GMC Member

• 146 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 09:09 AM

This looks awesome.
That transformer is really modelled awesome, must have taken quiet a while to make.
I also like that the buildings aint all with the same texture, it makes it look more realistic.

But when you walk around with the transformer, its not that nice to constantly press Page Down, I'd like to see the controls hotshotscott suggested.
It could also be cool if there were cars and other stuff you could destroy.
And also make some optimizing, I had VERY low fps on 2 player mode.

#7 photocopier

photocopier

GMC Member

• 765 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 10:02 AM

Wow I am well impressed by this, I'd love to see more going on but atm it's really cool
gah

#8 DarkFlame

DarkFlame

GMB Member...wtf?

• GMC Member
  • 2167 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 10:28 AM

its quite good!

im not such a transformers fan as many others,..

but i like this alot!

#9 TechnoSuperguy

TechnoSuperguy

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 526 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 02:08 PM

Thanks you all so much for the kind comments and suggestions!
arylic: Thanks! If I update the game some more, I plan to add more detail to everything.
hotshotscott: Thank you so much, I'm glad you liked it more than you expected! I actually contacted dmitko, the creator of the outstanding Rextro 3D, a couple weeks ago, and he gave some very helpful tips (as well as a topic full of techniques) to speed up the FPS, but apparently I didn't implement any of them quite right, beause the game still moves pretty slowly. I'll definitely look into more ways to speed up the game, because the low speed bothers me too. All your suggestions are great, and if I update this I'm going to try to put as many of them to use as I can! I particularly like the idea of punch-and-kick "deathmatch" style gameplay. Yes, since I have already received so many good comments I am getting motivated to continue this, though I don't want to spend too much time on it, like I did with my last fangame.
Andreas_oj: Thanks! Since I tried to copy the gameplay style of Transformers: Autobots for DS, it would help even more to add destructable objects like vehicles, so I may try adding those if I ever update. I'll also try altering the camera to stick behind Optimus at all times, like you and hotshotscott suggested.
photocopier and DarkFlame: Thanks, glad you like it!

Edited by TechnoSuperguy, 07 June 2008 - 04:46 PM.

#10 WadeMcGillis

WadeMcGillis

wademcgillis.com

• GMC Member
  • 971 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 04:37 PM

Yes, it is hard to understand.

#11 TechnoSuperguy

TechnoSuperguy

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 526 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 04:56 PM

Since this has already received so many good comments, I have decided I will continue this game, but first I'm going to take a break from it for a while.

Edited by TechnoSuperguy, 01 June 2008 - 05:17 PM.

#12 jackaroo

jackaroo

The Shadow Within

• GMC Member
  • 814 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 01 June 2008 - 08:34 PM

Nice job on the engine Techno. You done an awesome job. Cant wait to see more.

#13 TuroX

TuroX

GMC Member

• 54 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 09:05 PM

Amazing work on the demo techno, the engine is outstanding and the 3D city is great. You deserve a medal

Edited by TuroX, 01 June 2008 - 09:08 PM.

#14 TechnoSuperguy

TechnoSuperguy

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 526 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 09:23 PM

Thansk very much for the nice comments Jackaroo, Tophunter, and Turbo! I will continue it, but it may be a while until there's another update. Thanks Turbo, though I'm not sure I deserve a medal. :)

#15 Alex Muncatchy

Alex Muncatchy

GMC Member

• 1168 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 10:17 PM

very nice!
nice shadows, and lighting!
cool models, and animations are extremely fluent.
The sounds are nice as well.
Definately add more to the city (I know this is a WIP, so I know you'll be adding stuff)

the animation transformation from a robot to a car made the demo THAT much more awesome.

Nice work, keep it up.
-Alex M.
I'm not dead.
Releasing demo soon-ish.
game 4 years in the making.

#16 Silver_the_hedgehog

Silver_the_hedgehog

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 163 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 06:10 PM

Techno... your one of the best game makers in the GMC, and this just proves my point... great graphics (Are they models, or sprites?) are you using Ultimate3D, becuase the game PowerHouse made an excellent job of that... but seriously how do you do it?! (Not litterally, i know how you do it, but your code is very sloppy in the Techno Hedgehog engine you gave me, so can you just tell me how do you do it?!!)

#17 2d_games

2d_games

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1504 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 06:35 PM

simply amazing
for what you have right now i give it a 10/10

but sometimes i wish i didn't have to move the camera my self, it kinda interupted the flow of the game...

another thing was that the fps was really smooth, even on 2 players it didn't lag at all

great game

#18 TechnoSuperguy

TechnoSuperguy

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 526 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 06:56 PM

Alex Muncatchy: Thanks a lot! All the sound effects were recorded from Transformers: Autobots, and the music is from the G1 and 2007 Transformers movies. I'm glad you liked the transformation animation, because that was one of the hardest things to program. Don't worry, I plan to greatly expand the city in later demos!

Silver the Hedgehog: Thanks for the kind words! Optimus, the buildings, and billboards are all 3D models. No, I didn't use any external programs or DLLs (like Ultimate3D) in making this game; everything was made with good ol' everyday GML. Sorry, but 3D programming is a lot more complicated than 2D, and is much too hard for me to explain. If you want to learn 3D, you should have a look at some of the examples in the 3D Game Techniques forum, because they will teach you a lot more than I can.

gamemakernooby: Wow, thanks for the great rating! Since others have already suggested it, I will add a camera lock option to the next demo. Dang, it didn't lag even in 2 Player mode? That's amazing! You must have an outstanding graphics card.

Edited by TechnoSuperguy, 02 June 2008 - 06:57 PM.

#19 Silver_the_hedgehog

Silver_the_hedgehog

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 163 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 07:02 PM

I just thourght of a cool idea... what about a 3D level editor... now that would be awesome... (wink wink, nudge nudge)

#20 gamewizkid

gamewizkid

GMC Member

• 436 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 11:49 PM

Nice Job! I never really was a Transformers fan, but now I might become one.

Graphics: 10/10

The graphics were pretty simple, but really neat too. I liked how when the robot jumped on the ground it left a "stomp" mark. I also like the way the transformer transforming animation is: Really smooth. To top it off, you added billboards!

Music/Sound Effects: 10/10

The music from the movie (which I've never seen) fit really well with the game. It had a cool city theme to it. The sound effects were pretty cool also because the robot made grumting sounds when he jumped, made robotic walking sounds, ect. It made it feel like I was the robot.

Gameplay: 9/10

The gameplay was fun, considering that it was fun hopping from building to building and driving. The reason I give it a 9 though is because there's really not much to do other than that. 2 player mode was fun too, and it worked well. One other problem I think is that the camera doesn't work too well. You should make it so that the game automaticly keeps the camera behind the player.

Overall: 9.5/10

This was a fun game to play overall. Just add enemies and shooting, ect and you could really make something out of this!
P.S. Could you make a battle mode for 2 player? :(
Imagine a large mansion. And imagine that it has light, reflected off of the very large moon at night. Now imagine rain. Rain, rain, rain, rain, rain. Now imagine a light flickering in one or two of the windows of the mansion. And finally, imagine a cinder block and some sort of burnt trophy, laid on the side of the house; pieces of broken metal and wiring is twisted over and under them. Then imagine that the flickering lights turn off. Now the moon turns off. Did you like that? go here to read the full story...and PM me about it if you liked or didn't like it...

#21 Sulfuric

Sulfuric

Nintendo Worshiper

• 1353 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 02:06 AM

This game is pretty damn good. Here's where you need to improve:

-Get some better textures. It will improve the graphics drastically.
-I'm a bit confused. Why don't you use the High fps setting but speed up the animation? It will look a lot smoother.
-Make the "real driving" better. Right now... it's not much like real driving.

Posted Image
Check out my website (above) for finished and upcoming games.
Solar Blue-The Mansion-God's Watch
Note: My name has changed. My old name was STARFOXROX.

#22 TechnoSuperguy

TechnoSuperguy

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 526 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 02:58 AM

Silver: Ah, that's a great idea, but I don't think I'm experienced enough to make any kind of level editor, let alone in 3D.

gamewizkid: Thanks for the great, in-depth review! I'm glad you liked the stomp mark; I was hoping people would notice that. Yes, I'll definitely try adding a battle system to 2 Player mode, shooting, and enemies!

STARFOXROX: Wow, thanks so much! I might see about upgrading the graphics, though I can't guarantee they will be changed by the next demo. I actually tried speeding up the walking animation in High FPS mode, but the faster I made Optimus's limbs move, the more out-of-control they became, until he looked like he was "swimming" through the air. That's because his animation is controlled entirely through GML, which means that if I increase the speed of his limbs too much, they start escaping their intended boundaries. I know the Real Driving isn't too great right now, but I'll be sure to fix that up sometime soon; the reason I called it "Real" is because it is, although far from perfect, a lot more realistic than the alternate driving mode.

Edited by TechnoSuperguy, 03 June 2008 - 03:00 AM.

#23 hotshotscott

hotshotscott

GMC Member

• 3483 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 06:51 AM

Silver: Ah, that's a great idea, but I don't think I'm experienced enough to make any kind of level editor, let alone in 3D.

Don't freak out when someone suggests a level editor. You wouldn't have to make the level editor actually 3D. You could have sprites of the buildings, the transformer, roads etc in topdown view. They'd have to be the correct width/height to what they are when they're drawn in 3D though. Then just create a 2D level editor, where you place the objects, like in game makers room editer. When you click 'play' or something, all of these fake objects turn into their real 3D objects, and the game becomes 3D. It's as easy as that :( Don't worry about adding a save system with it at the moment. Just having a map builder would be cool, where you go through the objects, make your map (from a birds eye view), and then play it.

Scotty

TEAM ODDBOX

Did I try your game or help you out with yours?? Please return the favour and try out my game! NOT just another Halo Clone!!

Posted Image

#24 photocopier

photocopier

GMC Member

• 765 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 07:18 AM

I think realistic buildings would really add to the game
gah

#25 hotshotscott

hotshotscott

GMC Member

• 3483 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 09:01 AM

Optimus and every other model in the game was programmed from scratch using GM's basic built-in D3D models, like ellipsoids, cubes, cylinders, and even floors & walls.

Could this be the reason it lags? Because you've released this good demo, im sure it won't be hard to get a good modeller now. Once you have proof of a game with potential, people normally come to you. If you got someone to model Optomis Prime, not only would it increase the speed (I think), it would look much better, and the textures would even be better. If this is correct, that you ONLY use GM's basic built in D3D Models, how on earth did you create the transforming animation??? That would have taken a very long time to do, and a lot of trial and error!!!! For gods sake, get a modeller, one that knows what they're doing, and they'll save you having to create these 3D models with the built in functions.

Good Luck!!

Scotty

TEAM ODDBOX

Posted Image

#26 TechnoSuperguy

TechnoSuperguy

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 526 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 01:03 PM

hotshotscott: Well, Tophunter7, a master at making level editors, has generously started working on an example for me, so hopefully I'll be able to learn from it and implement it into my own engine. As for the model, I'm using LOTS of 3D translations to create the transformation animation, which is probably why the game lags so severely. It did indeed take a ridiculous amount of trial and error, which is why I would hate to have someone else model Optimus from scratch for me, now that I have nearly finished him; most of the past three months of work was solely spent on creating Optimus, and it would really suck if all that work was wasted. Besides, the whole reason iIstarted this project was because I wanted to make my own 3D Optimus, so if someone made one for me it would defeat my whole purpose in even starting the project. I may try to study up on Anim8or or Blender eventually, so I can personally improve Optimus's model.

photocopier: True, the buildings do need a bit of work. I'm planning to make them more realistic and detailed in one of the future demos.

#27 lo_lord

lo_lord

GMC Member

• 78 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 01:11 PM

If the new models were in the same position of the current ones you could keep the animation and it would still work. Also i commend you for making such awesome animations i have been putting it off in my 3d game because i know its gonna be so much work. This game is so cool because of the animations alone, so you know your 3 months were worth it. Also if you would like some help improving the graphics/speed then i could help. Just pm me if you want to.

#28 A I R

A I R

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 284 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 03 June 2008 - 06:36 PM

Very nice start, this has potential to become a great game. Good luck!

#29 LedZepple

LedZepple

GMC Member

• 309 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 09:59 PM

wow

#30 TechnoSuperguy

TechnoSuperguy

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 526 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 02:23 AM

lo_lord: That's a very good point. After I learn a bit more about Anim8or, I can easily replace each part of Optimus's current model, keeping the animation and translations completely intact. Thanks, I'm glad you like the animation, and I would greatly appreciate your help with speeding up the game! I don't have much time left on the computer right now, but I'll PM you tomorrow.

A I R and LedZepple: Thanks, glad you like it!

#31 Dreedo

Dreedo

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1308 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 02:55 PM

quite an amazing game, good luck with it.

#32 Swift

Swift

Swift By Nature

• 161 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 09:20 AM

For a life long transformers fans point of view this is pretty sweet,
the graphics are great for gm's standards.

It would be a shame to see you stop working on it but its still good none the less :D.

#33 Swift

Swift

Swift By Nature

• 161 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 09:22 AM

For a life long transformers fans point of view this is pretty sweet,
the graphics are great for gm's standards.

It would be great to see you continue this project but for what it is now 8/10 :D.

#34 TechnoSuperguy

TechnoSuperguy

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 526 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 04:40 PM

Thanks, Dreedo and Swift! It's always nice to meet a fellow TF fan. I will certainly complete this game, but it may take a while. :P

#35 Dreedo

Dreedo

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1308 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 04:53 PM

well making a block of buildings as one object would certainly increase FPS, one of the best things i found to do is to use 1 object to create several models or one large model, rather then using seperate objects for each model or parts of a big model.

also make a black line between the 2 screens on 2 player mode, by making the end of the player 1 screen before the start of the player 2 screen.

Edited by Dreedo, 07 June 2008 - 05:15 PM.

#36 Arial

Arial

GMC Member

• Banned Users
  • 580 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 08:25 PM

Thank you very much.

Please add Gulvatron.

Dont watst time on animor and other modeling baliks. The games with models run very slow:

Please ad: starscreem, jaz, idenhide, nemesis, and those to big robot that is joined by 6 small ones.

Edited by Arial, 07 June 2008 - 08:36 PM.

Screw everyone who puts my quotes in his signature to make fun out of me.

#37 ravener

ravener

SG menace

• 965 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 08:35 PM

This is AWESOME!!! But please learn to make and use 3d models it will speed this game up 10fold
Im back :o

#38 TechnoSuperguy

TechnoSuperguy

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 526 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 09:20 PM

Dreedo: Hmm... although using a single object to create several different buildings may speed up the FPS, it would probably be pretty difficult to code so many buildings of different shapes and sizes in one object. In the current game, there are four wall objects, and several different ceiling objects. I simply piece the walls (north, south, left, and right) together into the shape I want, then place the one of the ceiling objects on top of them. Depending on the texture of the ceiling, the walls' textures will change to whatever I want. It's a very simple method of making the city, and if I had to switch to a more time-consuming, confusing method like coding several buildings of different shapes, sizes, and locations into a single object, it would quickly tire me out and I would lose all incentive to continue working on the game. As for the 2 Player split screen improvement suggestion, I'll be sure to do that for the next demo.

Arial: Well... I doubt I'll be able to add all those characters. It's taken me so long to model and animate Optimus, he and his alternate skins will most likely be the only playable characters in this game. If I do add anyone else, Megatron will probably be the only addition. I must point out, however, that Nemesis Prime is already in this game, and can be chosen using the Up/Down arrow keys on the Character Select screen. :P

ravener: Thank you very much! I'll see what I can do about the models.

Edited by TechnoSuperguy, 07 June 2008 - 10:17 PM.

#39 Dreedo

Dreedo

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1308 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 09:22 PM

well just keep it in mind, it sped my game up by over 50% when i did it

#40 Lance Bean

Lance Bean

GMC Member

• 4 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 09:12 PM

Man this game is awesome! 9/10 :D
I really loved it!
I can't wait to shoot enemies an all the stuff!

Here's IMHO where you need to improve:

*Add more textures for the graphics (ie. the paviment of the street, cristals on the buildings)
*Joystick support would be great (I can help you with that if you want)
*Especial effects (ie. when optimus falls after jumping wold be great if apear little rocks and a little of dust where the street/building broke)

Please keep working in it! I have dreamed with this gamesince a long ago!

Ps: Sorry for my probably incorrect english... im not a natural english speaker

#41 BattleRifle BR55

BattleRifle BR55

Let Live

• GMC Member
  • 10316 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 10 June 2008 - 09:21 PM

Dreedo: Hmm... although using a single object to create several different buildings may speed up the FPS, it would probably be pretty difficult to code so many buildings of different shapes and sizes in one object. In the current game, there are four wall objects, and several different ceiling objects. I simply piece the walls (north, south, left, and right) together into the shape I want, then place the one of the ceiling objects on top of them. Depending on the texture of the ceiling, the walls' textures will change to whatever I want. It's a very simple method of making the city, and if I had to switch to a more time-consuming, confusing method like coding several buildings of different shapes, sizes, and locations into a single object, it would quickly tire me out and I would lose all incentive to continue working on the game. As for the 2 Player split screen improvement suggestion, I'll be sure to do that for the next demo.

One sprite per building, Precise collision checking if with more than 4 sides, draw everything in that one object.

Instead of having several wall objects and stuff like that, you'll have just one object per building.
Jmds8UL.png

#42 TechnoSuperguy

TechnoSuperguy

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 526 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 11:24 PM

Lance Bean: Thanks very much! Don't worry, your english is fine! I'll try adding more detailed graphics in a later demo, since they're so plain-looking right now. I may add joystick support eventually, but for now, I suggest you try a nifty little program called Joy2Key if you want to play with a joystick. Just do a quick Google search for Joy2Key and you should find it in no time. :D Adding a "shattering flying rock" effect to Optimus' jumping would be really cool, so I'll try adding that!

BattleRifle: Hmm, I guess I can give that a try in the next demo. Thanks!

#43 Tonic

Tonic

fiat voluntas Dei

• 117 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 13 June 2008 - 02:51 PM

This game has a lot of potential.

The Optimus model is great! The city could us a bit better texture.

A few suggestiosn I have:
  • Add the Optimus from G1's voice. When you're idle, after a few minutes, he could say a phrase.
  • Make lots of easter eggs when the game is a later state.
  • Add different characters that don't share Optimus' model

#44 negen99

negen99

GMC Member

• 567 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 08:51 PM

Wow this is sweet! The car mode could use some shading on the ground to make it look like it is actually touching the road though.

#45 TechnoSuperguy

TechnoSuperguy

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 526 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 08:40 PM

Tonic: Hey, thanks! The current demo already has Optimus's G1 voice (well... technically, it was his voice from Transformers: Autobots, but that's the same voice as in G1), though currently the only time Optimus utters a sound is when he jumps. I recorded a short clip of his well-known phrase, "Transform and Roll Out," before making the game, though I couldn't think of a way to implement it. I'll try to take your suggestion and make him say it after standing idle for a while. As for Easter Eggs, I've already got a nice one ready, but haven't fully worked it into the game yet: inside Optimus's chest is a 3D model of the Matrix, though in the current demo there's no way to view it. I'll try adding more characters (that aren't recolors of Optimus), but it will take a while.

Negen: Why, thank you! I'll try inserting a shadow under him when he's in vehicle mode.

#46 king_of_llamas

king_of_llamas

KoL Games

• 1079 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 09:03 PM

That... was.. fricking... AWESOME!!! That was fun... even though there wasn't really anything to do yet....

Several cons:
-Camera for the walking mode is stationary
-Can't knock the buildings down
-Should be able to grab the walls when you jumps, and climb the buildings and stuff
-There is no explosions

Pros:
-The game... pwns...

I loved it... It is barely a game because you just jump around an run and stuff, BUT it rocks... Keep it up man...

7.5/10 (Mainly because, I didn't get to knock a building down :))
I am looking for team members! See my thread!
http://gmc.yoyogames...howtopic=504050

#47 Tonic

Tonic

fiat voluntas Dei

• 117 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 16 June 2008 - 07:05 PM

Tonic: Hey, thanks! The current demo already has Optimus's G1 voice (well... technically, it was his voice from Transformers: Autobots, but that's the same voice as in G1), though currently the only time Optimus utters a sound is when he jumps. I recorded a short clip of his well-known phrase, "Transform and Roll Out," before making the game, though I couldn't think of a way to implement it. I'll try to take your suggestion and make him say it after standing idle for a while. As for Easter Eggs, I've already got a nice one ready, but haven't fully worked it into the game yet: inside Optimus's chest is a 3D model of the Matrix, though in the current demo there's no way to view it. I'll try adding more characters (that aren't recolors of Optimus), but it will take a while.

Negen: Why, thank you! I'll try inserting a shadow under him when he's in vehicle mode.

Awesome! A matrix!

I hope you can find time to continue development on this game. I really like it, even tough you can't do much in it yet. It resparked my interest in Transformers.

#48 theweirdn8

theweirdn8

Unrivaled Legend

• GMC Member
  • 4108 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 17 June 2008 - 02:52 AM

nice job dude.

[My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard]

2h2fg3c.png

#49 hotshotscott

hotshotscott

GMC Member

• 3483 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 06:36 AM

So have you made any more progress on this? Or haven't you touched it since the release?

Scotty

TEAM ODDBOX

Posted Image

#50 TechnoSuperguy

TechnoSuperguy

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 526 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 12:57 PM

King of Llamas: Haha, thanks for the review. I've already planned to add climbing, a lock-on camera, and enemies (which will result in explosions), so you can expect to see those in a future demo. As for knocking down buildings... I'm not so sure about that... ^_^

Hardcore: Thanks a lot!

HotshotScott: Nope, unfortunately, I haven't worked on this whatsoever since I posted it. I have a long list of things to add or fix, and I'm dreading starting to work on it all. Hopefully I will start again sometime in the next couple weeks though.