8 replies to this topic

#1 brac37

brac37

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 808 posts
  • Version:GM7

Posted 27 May 2008 - 02:20 PM

The scripts are very complicated and not extremely fast, but they are lots faster than the extremely slow surface_get_pixel in a huge pixel loop.

The program shows some of the things you can do with the scripts. You can find some information about how I made the scripts in the Game Information.

The code to process sprites frame by frame is taken from xot's site http://www.gmlscripts.com/, a nice site with many useful scripts.

Download hsv_blending.gmk from Host-A
Download hsv_blending.gm6 from Host-A
Download hsv_blending_gm8.gmk from Host-A

EDIT: I have added a .gm6 file as well, but I have not tested it. Thanks to LGM.
EDIT EDIT: I have added a _gm8.gmk file as well, for those who are too lazy to debug in gm8 (or do not know how to do this rather easy job).

Edited by brac37, 03 June 2012 - 09:38 PM.

#2 Glen

Glen

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 841 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 12 June 2008 - 10:29 PM

Very nice effects.
Avic Pro (Work in Progress):
Portable media manager. Just pop in your usb drive and use Avic Pro to organize and present all of your media content in categories. On top of that, it makes handling portable games, software, and other utilities a breeze. It allows you to launch just about any of your media content quickly and efficiently from your system tray. No more long paths to finding content.
Savage Defence| Text FX | Ragdoll Axe Engine | Professionalism | Online Games | Game Progression | 3D Game Development | Online Anti-Hack Strategies

#3 xot

xot

GMC Dismember

• GMC Elder
  • 4785 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 03:45 PM

That's absolutely amazing. Well done.
GMLscripts.com, rise from your grave!

If any of my posts contain broken images or links, I can probably supply them for you. PM with a link to the post.

#4 lewa

lewa

GMC Member

• 587 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 12:48 AM

I'm slightly confused as to where I can find your example(s)...

Supercilious, I know. Sorry. I blame GIMP.

#5 Schyler

Schyler

Noskcirderf Derf

• GMC Member
  • 2680 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 07:08 AM

Bravo, bravo. These are the longest and most professionally coded scripts I've seen for weeks (you tend to think that way after teaching a small Game Maker class). Anyway, great job. :)

These don't deserve to fly under the radar like this! Legal Bump!

Regards,
-Schyler-

#6 deformed thought

deformed thought

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 133 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 07:11 PM

amazing job! I've been screwed over with draw_get_pixel() functions for quite a long time. Until now! If you wanna see the outcome of draw_get_pixel() loops you can look for "fun draw" and omg it takes like 30 minutes for a full image edit...

#7 ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob

theUndiscovered

• GMC Member
  • 1609 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 03:45 AM

Hmmmmmm. xot pointed here from a Novice-&-Intermediate-Forum question, and I was pretty curious. I downloaded, and instead of looking through all the info before running like usual, I just hit F6 and went with it. Immediately, fatal error.

My guess is that sprite_get_precise() is a pre-GM8 function since it's included in the GM8 manual's index $8^ | but is not actually documented anywhere in the text (and thus does not come up in the manual's search). ~checking~ Yep, it's in that page's source code's keywords section; I expect that's how the index works. ~checking some more~ Yep, same with a couple other sprite_get_*() functions. Hmmmmm. $:^ \

By no means consider this any sort of "demand" on my part--but I would like to point out that it'd probably be really nice if this were made again with GM8+ in mind, since the work clearly gets such rave reviews, and a few of us in the GMC $;^ J are still far from being experts / advanced users. $:^ ]

Regards,
theUndiscovered ~ Brandon W. Horton ~ ParodyKnaveBob ~ $:^ J

#8 xot

xot

GMC Dismember

• GMC Elder
  • 4785 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 09:04 AM

This topic has been dead for over year. It might serve you (and the topic) better to contact brac37 directly, since there is an excellent chance he will not see your post.
GMLscripts.com, rise from your grave!

If any of my posts contain broken images or links, I can probably supply them for you. PM with a link to the post.

#9 brac37

brac37

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 808 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:44 PM

Hmmmmmm. xot pointed here from a Novice-&-Intermediate-Forum question, and I was pretty curious. I downloaded, and instead of looking through all the info before running like usual, I just hit F6 and went with it. Immediately, fatal error.

My guess is that sprite_get_precise() is a pre-GM8 function since it's included in the GM8 manual's index $8^ | but is not actually documented anywhere in the text (and thus does not come up in the manual's search). ~checking~ Yep, it's in that page's source code's keywords section; I expect that's how the index works. ~checking some more~ Yep, same with a couple other sprite_get_*() functions. Hmmmmm. $:^ \

By no means consider this any sort of "demand" on my part--but I would like to point out that it'd probably be really nice if this were made again with GM8+ in mind, since the work clearly gets such rave reviews, and a few of us in the GMC $;^ J are still far from being experts / advanced users. $:^ ]

Regards,

A gm8 version has been added, but you do not need to be much of an expert to debug the gm7 version in gm8, I think. The sprite functions have some differences in their arguments, that is all.