9 replies to this topic

#1 IceMetalPunk

IceMetalPunk

InfiniteIMPerfection

• GMC Elder
  • 9603 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 12 April 2008 - 06:28 AM

Well, I was recently searching for a FileTime DLL--one to get information about the date/time a file was created, last modified, and last accessed.

I couldn't find one here. So I made one.

Download: http://h1.ripway.com...a4/FileTime.zip

Basically, this just allows you to get information about the file creation time, file last accessed time, and file last modified/written time of any file.

You simply supply the appropriate script with the file (a string path to the file) and a code for the information you want:

"m"=Month (1-12=January-December)
"h"=Hour
"y"=Year
"sec"=Second
"min"=Minute
"ms"=Millisecond
"wd"=Weekday (0-7=Sunday-Saturday)
"d"=Date (of month)

It's that simple!

The ZIP includes the DLL, along with an example .GMK file.

Download: http://h1.ripway.com...a4/FileTime.zip

Comments/Questions/Criticism?

-IMP :) :)

Edited by IceMetalPunk, 12 April 2008 - 06:33 AM.

:GM123: Are you an artist who likes creating original creature designs? Maybe you can help out with Elementa here! Give it a look; you might like the idea :)

:bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny:

#2 freko

freko

The Professional

• GMC Member
  • 504 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 13 April 2008 - 04:25 PM

Nice dll.This will be very helpfull in 'save-game' features.

#3 headline@live.se

headline@live.se

GMC Member

• 1298 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 04:29 PM

this will be great for save games (likefreako said) couse if you encrypt the time you made the filr, then reads it, if it doesnt match with the info from this dll, someone changed it...
92% of the population has moved to Rap. If you are one of the 8% that has stuck to rock, put this in your sig. RAP SUCKS!

keyboard_get_keyname

#4 IceMetalPunk

IceMetalPunk

InfiniteIMPerfection

• GMC Elder
  • 9603 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 07:53 PM

Yes, it could be used as a save-game feature. For example, every time a game is saved, save in it the date/time. When reading, use the last modified time and compare it to the time in the file. If it's different, it's been modified by someone other than your game.

Or, you can use it in programs made with GM instead of games.

Glad you all like it :lol: .

-IMP :o :o

:GM123: Are you an artist who likes creating original creature designs? Maybe you can help out with Elementa here! Give it a look; you might like the idea :)

:bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny:

#5 alex21

alex21

Destroy EvilCow BURP

• 336 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 08:51 PM

Beg you pardon young man.
Will you be so generous to re upload your dll.

I have a belief that your link is down.
The reason therefore is that every time I am trying to download the dll the following message appears: download limit exceeded. Try after 24 hours. Seems that the 24 hour never come to an end. End the follwing picture is linked Posted Image

So I suggest you use another upload link. If you need a file host account just tell me.

Please give me the dll with gm sample.

Posted Image

#6 Razon

Razon

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 268 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 02:17 PM

http://www.mediafire.com/?jyzdnoz3ijz

Edited by Razon, 31 May 2011 - 11:33 PM.

#7 Recreate

Recreate

Furry

• GMC Member
  • 2992 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 04:46 PM

I can verify the mediafire link is still up. This proved to be of use to me.

If the post that you are reading was created prior to 2011. For the safety of the general public, It is not to be regarded under any circumstances.
Please don't ask me to join your group at anything.

#8 dasrkrain

dasrkrain

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 204 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 07:26 AM

This is a very good dll. I want to use it to find older saves in my game and then delete them, but after this dll finds them they cannot be deleted until the game is ended. I've tried using the Cleanup option for this dll before deleting and that didn't help. When I try to go to the files physical location and delete it windows tells me that it can't because it is open in my game! This is proving to be very frustrating and any help whatsoever would be amazing! Thanks guys!

#9 IceMetalPunk

IceMetalPunk

InfiniteIMPerfection

• GMC Elder
  • 9603 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:31 PM

This is a very good dll. I want to use it to find older saves in my game and then delete them, but after this dll finds them they cannot be deleted until the game is ended. I've tried using the Cleanup option for this dll before deleting and that didn't help. When I try to go to the files physical location and delete it windows tells me that it can't because it is open in my game! This is proving to be very frustrating and any help whatsoever would be amazing! Thanks guys!

I just checked, and you're right. It's strange, though, because I'm closing the handle to the file as soon as I'm done with it, so there's no reason it should still be in use...

-IMP

#10 LoganFMackenzie

LoganFMackenzie

GMC Member

• 8 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 07:29 AM

*NecroBump*

Would like to know if any of you still have the DLL with the GMK example and if you would be so kind to upload it for me.

Thanks & Regards,
Logan