Replies to topics in this forum are held to a high standard. Reviews must have a critique or suggestion for use to be approved. Read the rules here.
- Title - Rixeno's Pixel Perfect Collision Engine
- Tutorial Description - Easy solution to pixel perfect collisions for objects against solid objects with sliding.
- Game Maker Version - GM6
- Registration Requirements - Registered (because of the bullet code, the image blend and the motion planning)
- File Type - .gm6
- Direct Link - BOX.net (DOWNLOAD)
- Direct Link - BOX.net (DOWNLOAD) - This version was made by Flexaplex and requires GM7
- Filesize - 14.5kb
My Pixel Perfect Collision Example uses a simple concept of checking each pixel in front of the object and making the object move as close as it can to that point, whether it includes sliding or not.
- Top-Down collisions
- Bullet collisions
- Isometric Collisions (NEW!)
- Smooth Collisions (like Sliding)
- General collision script (which offers an infinite amount of possibilities, available here: move_step())
Credit isn't required, but very well appreciated. And a special thanks to "firstname.lastname@example.org" for helping me with the sliding and a big thanks to "Flexaplex" for creating a general script using this engine which led to tds collisions and is now also used for the new isometric example.
Edited by Rixeno, 05 September 2009 - 02:19 AM.