• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 Ark-47

Ark-47

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 382 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 12:23 AM

This is from a project I was working on a while ago. The coding is not very optimized, but I really don't care anymore :lol: . I hope at least somebody can get some help from this...

Here's the engine, it may help someone:

Battle engine v0.1

Mirror 1:

Posted Image

Mirror 2

Features:

-Three stages to fight
-Simple enemy AI
-3 types of attack
-Double jump
-Going thru platforms
-Others...

Controls:

-A,D *Left,Right*
-W,H *Jump*
-S *Hit it twice to fall from the platforms*
-J *Basic attack, includes a 3-hits combo*
-S+J *Uppercut*
-K *Throw shuriken*
-L *Take cover (Very sucky cover)*
-Space-Bar *Change the stage*

P.S: The game has nothing to do with naruto! I couldn't find any other sprites to test the engine...

Edited by Ark-47, 25 May 2008 - 11:26 PM.

Super Smash Brothers Battle A.I: Check it out!
I'm Loyal to Satan, Chuck Norris, Jesus Christ, Homer Simpson, Mark Overmars, Fidel Castro, Buda, Bill Clinton, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, Lord Voldermort, Milli Vanilli, Chuck Norris (he's just too good to be named just once), Hannah Montana (Satan with a little girl suit).

#2 Hydro

Hydro

GMC Member

• 85 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 12:36 AM

This is very impressive. I like the shields ad how it goes down over time. I like it and I think I might polish it up a bit. Also is there a way or script which allows you to make the enemy easier? :lol:

Edited by Hydro, 23 March 2008 - 12:39 AM.

#3 Ark-47

Ark-47

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 382 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 12:48 AM

This is very impressive. I like the shields ad how it goes down over time. I like it and I think I might polish it up a bit. Also is there a way or script which allows you to make the enemy easier? :lol:

Thanks, I´ll really like to see someone going somewhere with a SSB project.

About making the enemy easier, I´ve been thinking about that a while ago, I think is the best way (ATM) to do this, is by increasing the random() value of the r1 variable. Although, I'm not sure since it's been a while since the last time I worked in this project.
I'm Loyal to Satan, Chuck Norris, Jesus Christ, Homer Simpson, Mark Overmars, Fidel Castro, Buda, Bill Clinton, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, Lord Voldermort, Milli Vanilli, Chuck Norris (he's just too good to be named just once), Hannah Montana (Satan with a little girl suit).

#4 Hydro

Hydro

GMC Member

• 85 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 12:50 AM

Thanks, I´ll really like to see someone going somewhere with a SSB project.

About making the enemy easier, I´ve been thinking about that a while ago, I think is the best way (ATM) to do this, is by increasing the random() value of the r1 variable. Although, I'm not sure since it's been a while since the last time I worked in this project.

It would be awesome if you added a joystick for multiplayer. That way you could battle your friends.

#5 tecmag diams

tecmag diams

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 159 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 12:55 AM

I like that a lot! 7/10 for the engine. Tune down the AI and it will be wonderful!

#6 Ark-47

Ark-47

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 382 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:46 AM

It would be awesome if you added a joystick for multiplayer. That way you could battle your friends.

I think that's not so difficult, there are many examples out there about Joystick handling.

I like that a lot! 7/10 for the engine. Tune down the AI and it will be wonderful!

Thanks, but I probably won't. I'm posting this (as a basic AI engine) for other people who'll like to start a SSB game and don't know how to code the AI.

#7 Lord Sunday

Lord Sunday

GMC Member

• 54 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 04:25 AM

:P
When you click "download it" on plunder.com it takes you to the exact same page.
:lol:

#8 Ark-47

Ark-47

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 382 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 07:38 PM

:P
When you click "download it" on plunder.com it takes you to the exact same page.
;)

You seem to be the only one having that problem, but here's a mirror just in case:

Posted Image

#9 hiro-niro

hiro-niro

GMC Member

• 707 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 09:50 PM

i need to use it, but the code is all jumbled up and hard to edit. add comments in it!
Permanently left the Game Maker Community.

#10 redstone

redstone

GMC Member

• 74 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 12:50 PM

Thats right the AI is good but if you make SSB from this you have to make different AI object for every character

Learning fighting AI coding 20%
Learning RPG AI coding 90%

#11 Ark-47

Ark-47

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 382 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 05:09 PM

Thats right the AI is good but if you make SSB from this you have to make different AI object for every character

Yeah, that's correct. Also, you'll probably need some more attacks/combos. I think it wouldn't be that hard to add another type of attack.

#12 redstone

redstone

GMC Member

• 74 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 02:59 PM

Yeah, that's correct. Also, you'll probably need some more attacks/combos. I think it wouldn't be that hard to add another type of attack.

Why to be hard it's easy.I added some more attacks and i will try to edit the thing with the AI.
For the attack i just copyed thje script for one of the attacks changed some of the things and it was ready

#13 Ark-47

Ark-47

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 382 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 12:21 AM

Why to be hard it's easy.I added some more attacks and i will try to edit the thing with the AI.
For the attack i just copyed thje script for one of the attacks changed some of the things and it was ready

Yeah, It's probably a lot easier than how it sounds. It would be nice if people working with this engine could post their modifications.

#14 redstone

redstone

GMC Member

• 74 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 11:25 AM

I found more bugs than you can imagine in it and i tryed everything i know to make the AI attacks other character too but with no luck the only thing i didn't try is parents but it won't work a friend of mains made it so and it was the same.And the problems with the new attacks are in the AI when you add one you must make where the AI to bounce after the hit

#15 hiro-niro

hiro-niro

GMC Member

• 707 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 01:40 PM

I'm still clueless on how to edit it...

#16 Ark-47

Ark-47

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 382 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 12:39 AM

I found more bugs than you can imagine in it and i tryed everything i know to make the AI attacks other character too but with no luck the only thing i didn't try is parents but it won't work a friend of mains made it so and it was the same.And the problems with the new attacks are in the AI when you add one you must make where the AI to bounce after the hit

About making the AI attacks other characters: I think I found a way a while ago, I even try it, but I never kept the file. Let me see, I'll try to do something about it.

#17 Soillbegone

Soillbegone

GMC Member

• 1031 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 02:32 PM

Its very good and I understand it (maybe cause I did something like this a while ago ironicly using the same sprites). The AI is a tough one though. He kept coming in on me trying to beat me silly.
My Group Site

Game I Support

My Projects
Blue Radio Tuner | OCTray | Ninja Dodge
Threads I support and My Threads
Loxt Trei Spriting Thread(Inactive) | RPO Weapon Thread

#18 Ark-47

Ark-47

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 382 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 01:46 AM

Its very good and I understand it (maybe cause I did something like this a while ago ironicly using the same sprites). The AI is a tough one though. He kept coming in on me trying to beat me silly.

Thanks. Same taste sprites, huh? ;)

I just added a new mirror because someone asked me to, Here's the link:
Mirror 3

#19 Ikarugos

Ikarugos

GMC Member

• 370 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 02:18 AM

I don't know how I overlooked this example, as it is alot better than the previous ones
i've downloaded. The a.i is very forceful, and maybe need to be a bit more submissive maybe, and
I like the also like three stages you made.
This example is highly recommended over other SSB examples I have used.
Good Job!

#20 Ark-47

Ark-47

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 382 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 02:24 AM

I don't know how I overlooked this example, as it is alot better than the previous ones
i've downloaded. The a.i is very forceful, and maybe need to be a bit more submissive maybe, and
I like the also like three stages you made.
This example is highly recommended over other SSB examples I have used.
Good Job!

Thanks. Yeah I also think the A.I is kinda annoying sometimes.

#21 engineer24601

engineer24601

GMC Member

• 10 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 12:39 AM

::lmao::THIS GAME TOTALLY ROCKS OUT THE POPCORN!!!!!!! :GM073: :) GIVE ME SEQUELS!!!!!!! THIS ROCKS!

----------------Here is my mini-re-view>>

Short and small game although, it was pretty good. the other smash games definately are'nt as good.

PROS:: >> The game had good usual characters and could use more in a second version. ((2)) The game had good stages. <<

CONS:: >> The game did'nt have the best characters but it had some. The game was very glitchy. In other smash games they would glitch WAY LESS than yours. << :) GM5

#22 crusaderdesignproject

crusaderdesignproject

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 291 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 27 April 2008 - 12:42 AM

HOLY ______!!!!!!!!
Please excuse the expletives...

This is exactly what i was looking for!!!!!!!!
THX soooooo much!!!!!!!
will the creator please PM me, i intend on giving credit for this enging in my SVM game.

twitter.com/RetroKoH

Game Maker user since 2002

PRIMARY PROJECTS (As of Spetember 2014):
Sonic Triad (Studio PR1 COMING SOON) - Sonic the Hedgehog Mega Drive Disassembly Editing Studio. HIATUS DUE TO MOVING

#23 Ark-47

Ark-47

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 382 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 01:04 AM

::lmao::THIS GAME TOTALLY ROCKS OUT THE POPCORN!!!!!!! :GM073: :) GIVE ME SEQUELS!!!!!!! THIS ROCKS!

Short and small game although, it was pretty good. the other smash games definately are'nt as good.

PROS:: >> The game had good usual characters and could use more in a second version. ((2)) The game had good stages. <<

CONS:: >> The game did'nt have the best characters but it had some. The game was very glitchy. In other smash games they would glitch WAY LESS than yours. << :) GM5

Thanks. As for the lack of characters, this is just a engine. I'm not planning to realease a game about it.

And yeah, there still are many glitches in the game.

HOLY ______!!!!!!!!

THX soooooo much!!!!!!!
will the creator please PM me, i intend on giving credit for this enging in my SVM game.

I hope you cand find any use of this. Still is kinda hard to edit. Thanks for giving me credit in case you use it.

#24 dark_creators

dark_creators

GMC Member

• 18 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 01:02 PM

I edited thes and fixed some of the things.I edited the AI so now one AI can attack 2 players i just added parents.I added chackra.I added some characters and i think to make this a game so i give you credit for the engine even when i knew how to code the AI i couldn't make him to jump.

#25 Ark-47

Ark-47

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 382 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 10:11 PM

I edited thes and fixed some of the things.I edited the AI so now one AI can attack 2 players i just added parents.I added chackra.I added some characters and i think to make this a game so i give you credit for the engine even when i knew how to code the AI i couldn't make him to jump.

Well, thanks I guess. When you post a demo please PM me the link.

#26 DarkShadowEntertainment

DarkShadowEntertainment

GMC Member

• Validating
  • 245 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 01:48 AM

To the creator of this game,
<removed>

Use the PM system for private communication.
-- kc lc

Edited by KC LC, 19 May 2008 - 01:19 PM.

#27 dark_creators

dark_creators

GMC Member

• 18 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 06:48 AM

I don't know when i will upload it but why when i added a character and stages (i didn't try them)when i runned the game it started to give me error
Edit:i only dublicated the old character and changed the sprites what can make it

Edited by dark_creators, 19 May 2008 - 06:49 AM.

#28 iforgotmyname

iforgotmyname

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 98 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 08:56 AM

The engine is nice, but how do I make the AI can attack more than 1 object?
I don't survive thebutton! Don't click because you can't click it!

#29 dark_creators

dark_creators

GMC Member

• 18 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 05:18 PM

use parents for the objects and set the AI target to the parent

#30 Diptoman

Diptoman

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1906 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 24 May 2008 - 01:48 PM

The code should have comments if you want more people to understand (Though I can understand it after some time of seeing it)......
But its still the best A.I I've ever seen here!
Great work!

#31 Ark-47

Ark-47

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 382 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 08:41 PM

The code should have comments if you want more people to understand (Though I can understand it after some time of seeing it)......
But its still the best A.I I've ever seen here!
Great work!

Thanks.

About the comments:

I've recently started to add them to the engine, I will be uploading an engine with comments soon.

Edited by Ark-47, 25 May 2008 - 08:41 PM.

#32 hiro-niro

hiro-niro

GMC Member

• 707 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 12:23 PM

cant wait!

#33 airheadgames772

airheadgames772

GMC Member

• 247 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 01:01 PM

Great, I needed this. And I will give credit when used.

Although, I was a little creeped out by your sig and avatar.

Edit: Woah! That AI is awesome. Probably smarter then me!

Edited by airheadgames772, 27 May 2008 - 05:03 PM.

#34 jedi_man

jedi_man

GMC Member

• 398 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 03:03 AM

Wow... This is a godly engine, and I've already started using it. But I've run into a problem. I changed the sprites to Zelda. Her standing is fine, but everything else is messed up. Like when she runs/attacks/blocks/ect, her sprite drops down so only half her body is above the floor. How would I fix this?

#35 hiro-niro

hiro-niro

GMC Member

• 707 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 08:29 PM

wait till the commented version comes out, and itll probably tell about collisions.

#36 Itachifan

Itachifan

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 765 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 06 June 2008 - 01:14 AM

This would be good example i just cant understand it very well...do you think you could make it simpler for the novices like me out there?

Edited by Itachifan, 06 June 2008 - 01:14 AM.

"A cute girl stopped me on the way, so I danced."-Kakashi Hatake

My Youtube Account. I do Let's Plays!

My LiveStream Account

#37 hiro-niro

hiro-niro

GMC Member

• 707 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 12:13 PM

hes adding comments to make much easier for novices like you (and me).

#38 crusaderdesignproject

crusaderdesignproject

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 291 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 10 June 2008 - 08:08 AM

::lmao::THIS GAME TOTALLY ROCKS OUT THE POPCORN!!!!!!! ^_^ :GM066: GIVE ME SEQUELS!!!!!!! THIS ROCKS!

CONS:: >> The game did'nt have the best characters but it had some. The game was very glitchy. In other smash games they would glitch WAY LESS than yours. << :GM073: GM5

Thanks. As for the lack of characters, this is just a engine. I'm not planning to realease a game about it.

And yeah, there still are many glitches in the game.

HOLY ______!!!!!!!!

THX soooooo much!!!!!!!

I hope you cand find any use of this. Still is kinda hard to edit. Thanks for giving me credit in case you use it.

Oh i have used it and its helped sooo much, credit will be given!!!!

BTW Way to be loyal to Milli Vanilli I remember them, most people don't but I do...

twitter.com/RetroKoH

Game Maker user since 2002

PRIMARY PROJECTS (As of Spetember 2014):
Sonic Triad (Studio PR1 COMING SOON) - Sonic the Hedgehog Mega Drive Disassembly Editing Studio. HIATUS DUE TO MOVING

#39 hiro-niro

hiro-niro

GMC Member

• 707 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 01:23 PM

Ark? Still there? Don't abondon the comments! I need this!

#40 Ark-47

Ark-47

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 382 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 03:49 PM

Yeah. Sorry for taking so long, but It's taking longer than expected. I'll try releasing it a week or two from now.

#41 hiro-niro

hiro-niro

GMC Member

• 707 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 04:31 PM

Ok. Just making sure u is still on the GMC

#42 pixelsalt

pixelsalt

GMC Member

• 27 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 09:52 PM

i cant download :unsure: all the mirrors lead to weird sites with no donwload links xD
PixelSalt

#43 Glen

Glen

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 841 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 21 June 2008 - 05:36 AM

Amazing. I was not expecting it to be that good...
Avic Pro (Work in Progress):
Portable media manager. Just pop in your usb drive and use Avic Pro to organize and present all of your media content in categories. On top of that, it makes handling portable games, software, and other utilities a breeze. It allows you to launch just about any of your media content quickly and efficiently from your system tray. No more long paths to finding content.
Savage Defence| Text FX | Ragdoll Axe Engine | Professionalism | Online Games | Game Progression | 3D Game Development | Online Anti-Hack Strategies

#44 hiro-niro

hiro-niro

GMC Member

• 707 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 01:22 PM

Yeah. Sorry for taking so long, but It's taking longer than expected. I'll try releasing it a week or two from now.

*1 Week later* Heck, it's taking longer than I expected! Better be good because I might make a SMB (style) game.

#45 ejackson

ejackson

Topic Bumper

• 416 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 06:12 PM

the engine itself works fine, but wen i merged it into my game it came up with these errors:

for object enemy_obj:

Error in code at line 12:
   freesight=collision_line(x,y,inittarget.x,inittarget.y,block_obj,1,1)

at position 42: Unknown variable x

for object enemy_obj:

Error in code at line 6:
   if distance_to_object(inittarget)>12 && image_xscale=sign(inittarget.x-x) && abs(y-inittarget.y)<=5

at position 71: Unknown variable x

how could it not know the variable x when it is in blue in the real code?

#46 hiro-niro

hiro-niro

GMC Member

• 707 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 05:42 PM

I'll try releasing it a week or two from now.

*One Month Later* I guess your not trying very hard.

#47 searsi

searsi

GMC Member

• 9 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 05:30 AM

Great Engine,but when I jump off the edge( I made an edge) it comes up with this message:

ERROR in
action number 1
of Step Event
for object enemy_obj:

Error in code at line 21:
signy=sign(y-t.y)

at position 21: Unknown variable y

I think it's got something to do with the enemies line of sight, but I'm not sure exactly about what is going on.
This signature would be blank if I weren't here telling you that this signature would be blank if I weren't here telling you that .......

#48 superpapa

superpapa

Athena Games

• 58 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 08:47 AM

waaah plz post the commented version

#49 Ark-47

Ark-47

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 382 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 05:48 AM

No, I haven't abandoned the 'commenting' project yet. Since I went on vacation (two days after my last post in here) and I just arrived, there hasn't been any news on the engine. That leaves me with almost 50% of the engine done with comments.

But a new problem has raised, my brother decided that he Windows no longer, so he decided to format the PC and install ubuntu. That's sort of a big problem, but I found a way around to use GM using WINE. Now the thing is that I can't test the engine on this PC due to gm 6.1 and WINE incompatibilities, so now I need a tester. Due to this, the progress is currently stopped. But if someone is willing to be my 'live-tester', I'll be pleased to continue commenting the engine.

Note: I use MSN (No AIM, etc).

I'll try releasing it a week or two from now.

*One Month Later* I guess your not trying very hard.

You could've spent that month trying to understand the engine by yourself.

#50 superpapa

superpapa

Athena Games

• 58 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 01:05 PM

You could've spent that month trying to understand the engine by yourself.

Lol, that's true! I don't have msn, but..... i dunno emails or something! I could test it! I'm really interested! If you want me to be yur tester, just pm me, or post here, then i'll pm you my email :lol:

Edited by superpapa, 02 August 2008 - 01:07 PM.