60 replies to this topic

#51 spacerat

spacerat

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 233 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 08:39 AM

Woot, I remember this!
It's good that you added easy/normal AIs, now I can actually beat it (although it's still quite hard, but that's my fault - I suck). I like the skills too, they make things a lot more varied and certainly add more replayability to the game. Edit: Urk, just realised the beta I saw had skills too, but the point still stands!
However I think it could do with player vs player multiplayer (I understand that can be quite hard though), and possibly a single player campaign.

... And maybe a level editor :)

Edited by spacerat, 22 June 2008 - 08:40 AM.

Registered GM 7 | Vista Ultimate X86 | Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2.6 GHz FSB 1333 mhz | ASUS P5B-SE Motherboard | ATI Radeon HD 4870 512 MB | 4GB DDR2 667 Mhz Elixiar Ram | Realtek HD Audio | 1280x1024 ViewSonic VE710s LCD screen | Logitech MX 518 Mouse| Saitek Eclipse Keyboard Blue | AOL 8 Mb broadband| Ralink 58 Mb/s wireless PCI card | nEar 05 Classic studio speakers.

Anything else you need to know?

#52 Cronotek

Cronotek

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 117 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:20 PM

@Hektik
Thank you for the compliments! I'm really glad you like the game :)

Version 1.5 was actually the last planned version, but there is still the possibility that I will come back to Deathball 2D and create some new content. Right now I'm busy developing a new title using my TDS-Engine.

An online mode is something that I have been wanting to add since the very beginning, but it simply turned out to be too difficult for me. If in the future there is more support for online functions, it will be my top priority.

@spacerat
Woah you were also the first to post in my beta thread! B) Also the beta version that you played didn't have talents yet, so you were right :P

As for the player vs player, I described my dilemma above ^
It's really unfortunate too, because online was the feature that I most wanted to add. :D Technically you can do a little player vs player in practice mode. Just set goalkeepers to 2P Control, and you can have a shootout on your friend's goalkeeper!

A level editor is such a great idea but I don't know how to make one :)

#53 Cronotek

Cronotek

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 117 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 12:13 AM

New Version! (v1.6)

This version contains some minor bug fixes, and a big balance fix to Instant Shots.

Deathball 2D v1.6
Version Notes
=================

GENERAL:

- The game help window no longer takes up the entire screen.

- Using an Instant Shot now disables your volley gun for 0.6 sec. If you were being interruped, it will be disabled for 1.2 sec.

TALENTS:

Volley Mastery - Now increases volley power by 3% instead of 2%.

BUG FIXES:

- Fixed a bug where the goal celebration effects could appear in
tutorial mode.

#54 FiLkAtA

FiLkAtA

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 536 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 09 October 2008 - 03:37 PM

Just wanted to tell you your game is nice. This is what all games should be like - well executed original ideas.

~F

#55 True Valhalla

True Valhalla

ಠ_ಠ

• GMC Member
  • 5277 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 09 October 2008 - 09:05 PM

I played this a while back while scanning through the Yoyo site...only just saw the thread, so i thought it'd be worth congratulating you on a great game.

html5ebook20.png

#56 n00bkilla

n00bkilla

GMC Member

• 36 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 08:42 PM

I apparently suck, i can't beat the tutorial. the one where you have to volley it in, the goalkeeper is godlike. argh...
also, the music is broken

Edited by n00bkilla, 21 January 2009 - 08:49 PM.

#57 Drhowell440

Drhowell440

GMC Member

• 14 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 06:54 PM

ya i played this game a really long time ago on 64digits.com. this is the best sports game made in gm so far that i have seen. the graphics are great,sounds are great,gameplay is awesome. The only think left would be for you to make it online and then it would be in the top 10 gm games imo

#58 Hektik

Hektik

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 01:43 PM

I still play Deathball 2D to this day, it's so damn additive, the AI is amazing, the graphics are great, menus/help are fantastic, it's awesome.

You definitely gotta make a tournament mode and add multiplayer, that would be epic. ::lmao::

#59 Cronotek

Cronotek

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 117 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 08:34 PM

Thanks for the comments everyone! :)
I really do hope to eventually make a version with Online play. I just can't seem to wrap my mind around the available online Dll's, and the built-in mplay is too laggy for this kind of gameplay. Hopefully there will be better support for online stuff in the future versions of Game Maker.

#60 Cronotek

Cronotek

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 117 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 08:27 AM

New Version! (v2.0)

New features include a new map, a new AI difficulty, a new Co-Op mode, and many other improvements! Read the full details below:

Deathball 2D v2.0
Version Notes
=================

GENERAL:

- Added a new map! "Stadium" is a new mid-sized map which is a blend of SmallCube and Cube.

- Added a new AI difficulty called "Godlike". Do not challenge this AI unless you are an expert!

- Added a new goalkeeper mode called "2P Free". In this mode, the 2nd player controls the red goalkeeper, and is able to move anywhere on the map, rather than just up and down. Please Note: This setting is does not work in practice mode.

- The ball is now much smaller. Gameplay mechanics are MUCH different due to this change.

- To compensate for the reduced ball size, goalkeepers now have a larger collision box.

- Increased the red player's movement speed by 4%.

- Reduced global shot power by 8%.

- Reduced global volley power by 7%.

- Instant shots now only gain 25% of the player's shot power, instead of 30%.

- Firing an instant shot while being interrupted now disables your volley gun for only 1 sec instead of 1.2 sec.

- When the ball rebounds off a keeper, it now retains up to 15% more speed.

- All goal nets are now 4 pixels wider.

- Computer controlled goalkeepers now move slower before they react to shots/volleys.

- The map SmallCube is now slightly taller.

- Insane difficulty AI is now harder to knock back.

- Made minor changes to each AI difficulty.

- The game now uses an external dll file to control mouse clicks. This fixes some mouse problems while using a program to record footage of the game.

- There is now a preset talent profile in slot 1.

- Updated help file with the new features.

TALENTS:

Supercharge - Increased the shot charge speed bonus from 8/16/24/32/40% to 10/20/30/40/50%.

Titanium Plating - Now a 2 point talent: "Reduces all damage taken by 15/30%".

Recoil Dampener - Now reduces duration of interrupt effects by 10% instead of 25%.

Unstable Core - Increased power bonus from 15% to 20%.

Energy Focus - Now a 2 point talent: "Increases the power of your Instant Shots by 10/20% while you are not being interrupted."

Harmonic Resonance Gun - Reduced knockback. In addition, the knockback now also scales down with AI difficulty.

BUG FIXES:

- Corrected an issue where the player would gain a larger bonus than intended from the talent "Gravity Stabilizers".

- Fixed a bug where the enemy AI would be able to survive a tackle while in the red crease.

#61 Cronotek

Cronotek

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 117 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:59 AM

Deathball 2D has been updated to version 2.2!

Deathball 2D v2.2
Version Notes
=================

NOTE: Saved game data from previous versions are not compatible with v2.2

GENERAL:

- Added a Series Overwiew feature to keep track of your games.

- Added a new console command: "speed". Using this will allow you to precisely
customize how fast the game runs. This can essentially be used to increase or
decrease the difficulty. Read the game help for information on how to use the
command console.

- Altered the color of some fonts to improve readability.

- Goalkeepers are now more consistent.

- Updated the game help with info on the new "speed" feature.

BUG FIXES:

- Fixed an issue where goalkeepers sometimes fail to react to a shot.

Edited by Cronotek, 13 March 2012 - 09:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users