Cronotek TDS-Engine is a flexible and easy-to-use engine for creating Top-Down Shooter games. About 95% of the code is done using Drag+Drop commands, making it very friendly to new users. The engine includes 3 fully playable missions right from the get-go, allowing the user to easily identify how everything works.
* Fully commented code so you don't get lost.
* Weapon Database for easy editing of new and existing weapons.
* Weapon swap and knife features.
* Mission system with saving and loading games.
* Dummy bullet system for giving weapons additional properties.
(ex. rocket launcher smoke trail + explosion)
* Intelligent enemies that obey Line of Sight rules.
* and much more!
Rocket Launcher Example (.GMK)
Weapon Selection Icon (Photoshop .PSD)
Extra Tilesets (.JPG)
NOTE: This engine requires a registered version of Game Maker 7 or Game Maker 8
If you use this engine for your game, credit is appreciated but not required.
However do NOT post the source code as your own. This is plagiarism, and I will report it.
Thanks for reading, and enjoy the engine!
Edited by Cronotek, 02 February 2012 - 06:11 AM.