Boy was I surprised.
This game is pure eye candy. The backgrounds are amazing, the bullets, the dying animations, nearly everything! The bosses were creative as well and fun to dodge. Like all GM games I have played, though, there were some annoying quirks that I feel as though I should point out. Feel free to disregard any ones you don't agree with.
1) Difficulty. Again, I am an avid shmup player, and I found the bosses ridiculously easy. I know some people on this topic found this game hard, so maybe, if you're up to it, you could tweak difficulty settings to include more bullets and such? And... might as well give you an idea as to what I find a difficult boss...
and this one as well, this is on the PC.
Yes, I play a ton of these games. :3 Your game, however, is literally THE best looking shmup I have ever seen ever, and I would love to see Ultra difficulty on this. That, is of course, if you're up to it.
Of course, you could also include in a boss creator thing so I can entertain myself. OR two bosses at one. That would be insane. :3
2) The music was overly repetitive and sort of got on my nerves. At least have it change for mini-bosses and bosses. ^^
3) The dying animation, though EXTREMELY pretty, gets kind of boring after the third death. Possible speed-up? (see #5)
4) Some of the bullets were really hard to pick out from the background. In the first level, there were blue bullets with a blue glow on top of a blue background. Kinda makes it hard to dodge, in addition to YOURSELF being blue. Still managed though, but it might be something you'd want to look into.
5) This game was far too slow over-all. I don't know if it was because of the graphics or screens or something, but the bullets were far too easy to dodge and predict, and the speed of the ship annoyed me as well. If it is indeed the graphics that are causing the slowdown, then disregard this. Or at least put frame-skip on.
6) In the second level, I couldn't tell if those swinging... whatever they are, those things in the background, I couldn't tell if they would kill me or not. Perhaps it would be best to fade out background stuff.
Despite all these quirks, keep in mind that these are MINIMAL things that irked me. Believe me, I enjoyed this game all the way to end, and I'm now keeping a lookout for updates on this.
Edited by ne_Ziggy, 17 July 2008 - 08:21 PM.