134 replies to this topic

#1 Sinaz

Sinaz

MCP Killer

• GMC Elder
  • 2751 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 11 January 2008 - 12:30 AM

Author's note: After a few reports of this extension working just fine, I decided to re-continue it. I appreciate the responses and support. I had initially been worried that this extension would have issues on certain machines and wanted to debug it with the rest of my directX10 based extensions. But, this one doesn't have any bugs, apparently. YAY! So continue to download and use.

This is an XInput wrapper for Game Maker. Now you can use the full functionality of those xBox 360 controllers and other XInput devices. (except for headset and jewel support... I'll get to that.)

What's it got?
At the moment, it supports xBox 360 game pads and other XInput standard controllers.
*Triggers are mapped to separate axes!
*Rumble support!
*Buttons!
*Up to the XInput standard of 4 controllers supported.
*Sample .gmk included for your learning enjoyment.

Posted Image

DOWNLOAD
SinazXInput v1.1
*DInput support added (wrapping GM's joystick functions to work within the same XInput API.) This will NOT magically make your DInput controllers rumble.
*IMPORTANT! This release is not tested. I don't have a DInput only controller to test it with. I would be greatly appreciative if some people would try this out with their legacy devices and tell me if it works, while reporting bugs. If you test it, respond with a message here telling me what make and model controller you used, and whether it worked out alright or if you had any problems. READ THE HELP FILE CAREFULLY! Use the return from xConnected[n] to determine if the controller you are testing with is DInput, XInput, or both-- I really only care about the DInput only controllers.
*Face button constants have changed to xFaceX, xFaceY, xFaceA, and xFaceB.
*Also, DInput only constants have been added. They were coordinated to the xBox360's button layout via the DInput joystick status thinger in Windows control panel. That shouldn't make a difference - button 1 should always end up button 1, etc.
*Added xPOV() which returns similar to joystick_pov() only reoriented to GM's screen angles.
*MORE IMPORTANT STUFF! If you want a stable production ready XInput library wrapper, use v1.0 below. Beta v1.1 is not meant for use with released software yet!

STABLE DOWNLOAD
*Discontinued*

PS: Using the sample .gmk
Push buttons... der ;)

The analog sticks show pressed and release events.
The triggers control the rumble motors.
The shoulder buttons lock/unlock rumble motors at their current value.
The 'start' and 'back' buttons switch between active controllers.
IF you get confused, the ring of lights will remind you which controller is currently active.
S I N A Z

That's SINAZ... He fights for the Users.

I am retired from providing GML Mentorship, but I am available to answer questions about career and educational goals & strategies to members who are interested in pursuing game development as a life long profession. Just PM me!

Please please please: pin a shortcut or link to the GM manual to your Start Menu. Open it up whenever you are offering advice on functions you are not 100% familiar with and refer to it before committing your post.

#2 mindbreaker

mindbreaker

GMC Member

• 457 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 01:53 AM

not that hard to make but somebody has to do it ;)
good job!

#3 mrsmes

mrsmes

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1506 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 11 January 2008 - 02:24 AM

true and it is very good and some body else made a library for checking buttons and axis angles of analog sticks and allowed performing actions afterwards how ever use both the library and the extension together in one extension you can also check if the gamer moved the left thumb stick to the left or right or forwards or backwards or any possible angle as well as wether it was pushed so giving it a full xbox controller functionality except for all the other stuff you are working on i found this library in the library aection apparently it's file name is xbox_controller.lib so when you look around for it just check for the tags: xbox, controller
and the category: Libraries
not sure about the topic or it's number though...

Assuming I helped you out in a questions and answers topic won't you return the favour by helping me with one my coding problems, or recommend some one who can chat to me over pms about helping and how to overcome my obstacles, after all lets just say I did help you or them or many people with similar problems, in that topic.

Here i have a topic for those of you struggling with type writer text and mugshots in your games especially if it is a rpg see the link below for more info

http://gmc.yoyogames...howtopic=619103

almost no code needed, only uses two events.

click here for the l8est version of feed the alien pizza, it has some major polished up features.

#4 Yourself

Yourself

The Ultimate Pronoun

• GMC Elder
  • 7352 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 11 January 2008 - 03:09 AM

not that hard to make but somebody has to do it ;)
good job!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why do you think it isn't hard? It can't be done in GML only (the XBox controller has special triggers).

#5 Sinaz

Sinaz

MCP Killer

• GMC Elder
  • 2751 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 07:36 AM

true and it is very good and some body else made a library for checking buttons and axis angles of analog sticks and allowed performing actions afterwards how ever use both the library and the extension together in one extension you can also check if the gamer moved the left thumb stick to the left or right or forwards or backwards or any possible angle as well as wether it was pushed so giving it a full xbox controller functionality except for all the other stuff you are working on i found this library in the library aection apparently it's file name is xbox_controller.lib so when you look around for it just check for the tags: xbox, controller
and the category: Libraries
not sure about the topic or it's number though...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

er... well... it's not really necessary since this does it all.

The big thing is the separate trigger returns and the rumble support.

GM uses DirectInput natively which doesn't give us access to the rumble motors, and treats the two triggers as a single axis.

This extension is a wrapper of a .dll that handles the main functions of the XInput libraries.

Edited by Sinaz, 11 January 2008 - 07:38 AM.

S I N A Z

I am retired from providing GML Mentorship, but I am available to answer questions about career and educational goals & strategies to members who are interested in pursuing game development as a life long profession. Just PM me!

Please please please: pin a shortcut or link to the GM manual to your Start Menu. Open it up whenever you are offering advice on functions you are not 100% familiar with and refer to it before committing your post.

#6 Tarik

Tarik

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 2731 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 07:36 AM

Great work, Sinaz. This'll be a great addition to Game Maker in the coming years.

Keep it up.

#7 TheOmega

TheOmega

GMC Member

• 88 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 08:05 AM

not that hard to make but somebody has to do it <_<
good job!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why do you think it isn't hard? It can't be done in GML only (the XBox controller has special triggers).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

not hard because there are some Xinput or XNA DLLs you can easly calling in a DLL for GM.

Nice thinking and now it has been done for GM!
Loves his girlfriend Melissa <3

#8 mindbreaker

mindbreaker

GMC Member

• 457 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 03:41 PM

Why do you think it isn't hard?

everybody with some C++ skills can make it ..., just include the write files and trigger the correct events...
I have also made it for my (C++ writen) engine and it isn't that hard...

it can't be done in GML only (the XBox controller has special triggers).

true, but there are a lot of things that gm can't handle (no offence :GM122: it is a great program <_< ) but it doesn't mean that there are extremly hard to make in other programming languages....

#9 Sinaz

Sinaz

MCP Killer

• GMC Elder
  • 2751 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 04:47 PM

Why do you think it isn't hard?

everybody with some C++ skills can make it ..., just include the write files and trigger the correct events...
I have also made it for my (C++ writen) engine and it isn't that hard...

it can't be done in GML only (the XBox controller has special triggers).

true, but there are a lot of things that gm can't handle (no offence :GM122: it is a great program <_< ) but it doesn't mean that there are extremly hard to make in other programming languages....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

True, the dll and extension were pretty easy to make. The thing is, nobody had made a decent one for GM yet, and I, especially, needed XInput controls for my current project.

The dll itself is written in C, and there is a lot of cleverness in the way I designed the API for GM-- it's not just straight function calls to the dll, I tried to make it easy and intuitive for GM users, sharing the conventions that GM's native Direct Input API has (like the direction of the Y axes are reversed for your convience, and everything is normalized to values in the -1 to 1, or 0 to 1 range, built in arrays, etc.) I also took the time to write quick and efficient pressed/released functions since GM native DirectInput lacks them. And there's a comprehensive help file. Again, not difficult, but I could have just made the GEX for myself and be done with it. Instead I took an entire day out of my schedule to create something the GMC could make use of.

The main issue, though, is that now there is an XInput GEX for Game Maker, free to use, and with regular support. Use it or don't. But a lot of GMCers have been demanding XInput support indirectly by demanding proper trigger support, and especially rumble capabilities. And, finally, here it is.

Edited by Sinaz, 11 January 2008 - 06:37 PM.

S I N A Z

#10 mindbreaker

mindbreaker

GMC Member

• 457 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 12:42 AM

The thing is, nobody had made a decent one for GM yet

I know :P see my first post :P

Edited by mindbreaker, 12 January 2008 - 12:42 AM.

#11 Nailog

Nailog

GMC Member

• GMC Elder
  • 603 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 12 January 2008 - 01:11 AM

Absolutely wonderful, Sinaz. This will be very handy. Many thanks. :P
<div align='center'>
<!--sizeo:1--><span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--> : <a href="http://www.yoyogames...members/Nailog" target="_blank">YYG Profile</a> : <a href="http://members.cox.net/nailog/" target="_blank">Page of Random Stuff</a> : <a href="http://www.yoyogames...mes/show/21557" target="_blank">Isometric Strategy RPG Engine 1.05</a> (<a href="http://forums.yoyoga.../3/topics/7352" target="_blank">forum topic</a>) :

I fell into Fallout 3 and I can't get out.<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->
</div>

#12 thegreatgaveno@mac.com

thegreatgaveno@mac.com

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 205 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 05:05 AM

Could you maybe add functionality to check the hardware directly? To work similar to the keyboard_check_direct function built into gamemaker. It would help me out quite a bit, but I'd be able to do without it.

I might include this in my game if I find a way to switch around my code effectively. If I do, I'll add you to the credits.
-Gavin

#13 xot

xot

GMC Dismember

• GMC Elder
  • 4785 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 08:32 AM

Hey, you figured out the triggers! Well done!
GMLscripts.com, rise from your grave!

If any of my posts contain broken images or links, I can probably supply them for you. PM with a link to the post.

#14 Sinaz

Sinaz

MCP Killer

• GMC Elder
  • 2751 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 08:35 AM

Could you maybe add functionality to check the hardware directly? To work similar to the keyboard_check_direct function built into gamemaker. It would help me out quite a bit, but I'd be able to do without it.

I might include this in my game if I find a way to switch around my code effectively. If I do, I'll add you to the credits.
-Gavin

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't understand what you need... You can't just use xButtonDown()?

Thing is, the hardware returns a state that is a bit array, and my extension masks the array to give you the button states. It also handles the pressed and released states.

Although, I can hint to you that if you want the raw bit array from the state data, use the xButtonState[0...3] global variable. It's not documented, but it holds the button bit array. You'll have to refer to the DirectX SDK for the proper bits to mask (but you'll just be rewriting code I've already given you.)

Anyway, all the functions should work properly regardless of what window has focus... just like the keyboard_check_direct() function.
S I N A Z

#15 FredFredrickson

FredFredrickson

Artist

• Global Moderators
  • 9225 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 08:36 AM

This looks pretty neat Sinaz. I'll have to play around with it a bit. It'd be interesting to see if a game like Hover Tank 3D is possible to play with two thumbsticks... :)

Edited by FredFredrickson, 13 January 2008 - 08:37 AM.

#16 Dragonos

Dragonos

Multimedia Pro

• 357 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 12:58 AM

Looks good but ignores my gamecube controller that works in GM regularly.

#17 Sinaz

Sinaz

MCP Killer

• GMC Elder
  • 2751 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 02:56 AM

Looks good but ignores my gamecube controller that works in GM regularly.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your GameCube controller is likely DirectInput only-- in which case, you have to stick with using the built in DInput features of GM.

It's an inevitable drawback. Only XInput controllers will respond to the XInput libraries.

So now I know that DInput controllers won't enumerate on the extension.

What you have to do is poll the controllers and determine which controllers are DInput and which are XInput, and have a contingency for each. Before I hear any complaining, there is no way around that-- it's how all developers using DirectX have to support new and legacy controllers, no matter the engine or API they are using.

I will look into automating this process for the extension in the near future.

[edit]
On second thought, it would be a whole lot easier for the programmer to determine whether the joystick is D or XInput.

Simply check if the joystick is detected with joystick_exists(); if true, then the joystick is at least DInput. Then check if it is detected with xUpdateState() and looking at the value of xConnected[]. If that is false, then the controller is just a DInput controller (like your GameCube controller) and will only respond to GM's standard DInput functions. If it is true, then the controller is an XInput controller and can use either the XInput library or the Dinput functions in standard GM.

Both the GM DInput functions and the XInput library can be used side by side.
[/edit]

Edited by Sinaz, 16 January 2008 - 04:25 AM.

S I N A Z

#18 13bgarli

13bgarli

GMC Member

• 177 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 02:09 AM

I like this

#19 Timmeh

Timmeh

GMC Member

• 358 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 04:25 AM

This is awsome... I have a cord that allows me to plug my laptop into a tv screen, between that and this I might as well be developing for the 360 with Game Maker :lol:

Tim
I have started teaching myself C++, and do not use Game Maker regularly any more. You can follow my current project either on my DevBlog or in my topic on the Bay12 forums.

GENERATION 195G: EVERYTIME YOU SEE THIS DIVIDE YOUR MOTHERS MAIDEN BIRTHDAY BY WHAT YOU HAD FOR DINNER LAST NIGHT AND ADD Q. (ANTI-SOCIAL EXPERIMENT)

LINKS: My Script Collection - My Autotile Script - My Random Number Generator - My Process Runner Extension - My Detailed TDS Tutorial

#20 Sinaz

Sinaz

MCP Killer

• GMC Elder
  • 2751 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 09:33 AM

I just put up a new version. It is BETA! I need people to test it with legacy DInput only controllers. Read the first post for info. Please read it carefully.

I took GM's DInput functions and wrapped them into API as well... so now you can use all the SINAZxInput functions and variables to interface with your DInput only controllers.

[edit]
It just occurred to me that GM only supports two controllers, and I didnt make provisions for that in the extension... so DInput only joysticks will not register as joysticks 2 and 3.
[/edit]

Edited by Sinaz, 19 January 2008 - 10:12 AM.

S I N A Z

#21 Jigglypuff

Jigglypuff

GMC Member

• 8 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 09:26 PM

I have tested this DLL "SINAZxInput v1.0" and it doesnt work!
I have added it in "Extension Packages" and its in the left side "Used packages"!
I have windows Vista, can that be the problem?
I have pushed all buttons and moved the sticks and nothing works.

#22 Sinaz

Sinaz

MCP Killer

• GMC Elder
  • 2751 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 09:46 PM

I have added it in "Extension Packages" and its in the left side "Used packages"!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is your controller an XInput controller? If so, what make and model is it?

[edit]
I just put up the latest testable v1.1 build.
[/edit]

Edited by Sinaz, 19 January 2008 - 11:32 PM.

S I N A Z

#23 CoolGamrSms

CoolGamrSms

Scorching Strings Maker

• GMC Member
  • 1499 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 08:54 PM

How do you connect a controller to the computer if it is wireless? :blink:

Help me finally finish my game! Click Here!
Tri-Level Dice | Icon Editor | Don't Die (GMC Jam)

Posted Image

#24 Sinaz

Sinaz

MCP Killer

• GMC Elder
  • 2751 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 09:24 PM

How do you connect a controller to the computer if it is wireless?  :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know... maybe with a wireless gaming receiver? :P

xBox 360 wireless gaming receiver

Edited by Sinaz, 23 January 2008 - 09:26 PM.

S I N A Z

#25 Postality

Postality

GMC Member

• 244 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:59 AM

The only problem I see with this is it's unfortunately limited to GM...

a third party (not from microsoft) driver works best for me as I needed something that made my gamepads work with everything and gave me full control over how my gamepads worked.

However, this is definately a great extension for those using the official microsoft drivers and wants more control over how the gamepad works in game maker.

Good Job Sinaz...

BTW, did you make the graphics for this? Like the gamepad pic etc?

If so may I use the graphics for my game? I like how it looks.

Edited by Postality, 20 February 2008 - 01:25 AM.

#26 Jigglypuff

Jigglypuff

GMC Member

• 8 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 01:40 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is your controller an XInput controller? If so, what make and model is it?
[edit]
I just put up the latest testable v1.1 build.
[/edit]

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How can I check that?

#27 yellowsix

yellowsix

GMC Member

• 315 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 03:21 PM

I bought a Xbox 360 Wireless Controllers a few weeks ago, and wanted it to work with Project64, including Force Feedback and seperate triggers. Thats how I discovered XInput. (Google is your friend :ph34r: )
I'm afraid I can't use this extension, since I'm one of the stern GM6-stickers. :)
I made my own Dll as a solution, but I would still like to thank Sinaz for the idea!
If someone has the same problem as me, feel free to download my Dll, it's in my sig. If not, here's the reasons to just download Sinaz' GEX:

My Dll is:

- Poorly documented
- Barely tested

I am:

- A total C++ newbie

Sinaz is, as far as I know, a very experienced programmer, way better than me.

Keep it up Sinaz!

Edited by yellowsix, 28 February 2008 - 03:21 PM.

"Go thy way, eat thy bread with joy, and drink thy wine with a merry heart; for God now accepeth thy works." - Ecclesiastes 9:7

English is not my native language. Please keep this in mind.

"The ruling class has the schools and press under its thumb. This enables it to sway the emotions of the masses." ~Albert Einstein

#28 Sinaz

Sinaz

MCP Killer

• GMC Elder
  • 2751 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 04:18 PM

How can I check that?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

By going to your manufacturer's website.

@yellowsix: thanks. Good luck with your DLL.

The only problem I see with this is it's unfortunately limited to GM...

a third party (not from microsoft) driver works best for me as I needed something that made my gamepads work with everything and gave me full control over how my gamepads worked.

You have to understand, and I can't stress this enough, that this is NOT an xInput drivers solution. It's an xInput support solution for your game. My intention wasn't to make all your old DInput games recognize your controllers. It was to give you the oppurtunity to 1-up all those DInput-only games by adding XInput support to your own games. So, yes... it ONLY works for GM. That's the whole point.

However, this is definately a great extension for those using the official microsoft drivers and wants more control over how the gamepad works in game maker.

Good Job Sinaz...

BTW, did you make the graphics for this?  Like the gamepad pic etc?

If so may I use the graphics for my game?  I like how it looks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, I made the graphics, and you can use them as much to an extent as you can. I kind of tailored them for the example, so I don't think some of them will rip very well (like, there are no trigger icons, and the buttons have shadows on them.)

I was thinking of doing an xBox360 controller icon pack in the future, as I'll eventually need them anyway.
S I N A Z

#29 Firehawke

Firehawke

GMC Member

• 1 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 12:07 PM

Your extension works extremely well. I've integrated V1.1 into a project I'm working on and it took minimal time to actually get from the starting point (using GM's joystick code) to a working build using your extension for full DI/XI support. We'll definitely be using your extension on all of our future products-- it works perfectly.

There are a few features I'd like to request if possible, things that would make my life a bit easier in the future.

I'm planning to integrate support for a number of USB controller types where it will be able to actually name the buttons correctly. This isn't so hard with the 360 via XInput, but.. if you hook up a non-XInput device like a PS3 controller, GM can't tell you much of anything. Practically everything shows up as "Microsoft PC-joystick driver". Can you add polling for joystick OEM names so I can let the user choose a joystick? If this isn't possible, I'll just have to add menu options for specifying a few default controller types.

This leads into #2-- I don't know if you're just directly wrapping the existing GM joystick code for DInput sticks, but if you aren't could we see support for at least four controllers? This is one of the major absolute sticking points in GM7.

Again, I'd just like to say that this extension is extremely useful, easy to integrate, and works exactly as advertised. 10/10.

#30 Sinaz

Sinaz

MCP Killer

• GMC Elder
  • 2751 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 07:52 PM

Your extension works extremely well. I've integrated V1.1 into a project I'm working on and it took minimal time to actually get from the starting point (using GM's joystick code)  to a working build using your extension for full DI/XI support. We'll definitely be using your extension on all of our future products-- it works perfectly.

There are a few features I'd like to request if possible, things that would make my life a bit easier in the future.

I'm planning to integrate support for a number of USB controller types where it will be able to actually name the buttons correctly. This isn't so hard with the 360 via XInput, but.. if you hook up a non-XInput device like a PS3 controller, GM can't tell you much of anything. Practically everything shows up as "Microsoft PC-joystick driver". Can you add polling for joystick OEM names so I can let the user choose a joystick? If this isn't possible, I'll just have to add menu options for specifying a few default controller types.

This leads into #2-- I don't know if you're just directly wrapping the existing GM joystick code for DInput sticks, but if you aren't could we see support for at least four controllers? This is one of the major absolute sticking points in GM7.

Again, I'd just like to say that this extension is extremely useful, easy to integrate, and works exactly as advertised. 10/10.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My DInput just wraps the GM functions. I may look toward supporting DInput via the extension's dll. I'll keep that in mind.

As for the joystick OEM names, I know where to find that info-- but I probably wouldn't implement it until I switch the DInput stuff into the .dll since doing that would require the same DX libraries.
S I N A Z

#31 Johnnsen

Johnnsen

Braaaains

• 418 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 01:56 PM

Newest release works with the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller. If this would be with drag and drop options, it would be great.
I can't hear "ZIP FILE PLZ" anymore. Install Winrar or 7zip, it can extract them all.

#32 Dmaster270

Dmaster270

GMC Member

• 1736 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 01:55 AM

I have not gotten a chance to use this yet (Wireless controller with no Wireless Gaming Receiver) but, as soon as I get a wireless gaming receiver I will implement this into my TDS (As soon as there's joystick implemented). I hope this works great with Joystick (or whatever you call the thing you push with your thumbs. :mellow: )
PM me with an email for a Lockerz invite.

#33 remoladen

remoladen

GMC Member

• 147 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 09:56 PM

LOL, umm how do u use this... I plugged my xbox 360 controller into my computer and nothing happend...?
Delphi DLL Maker = Me

<<Copy this into your sig if you're a Christian>>

#34 Sinaz

Sinaz

MCP Killer

• GMC Elder
  • 2751 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 11:18 PM

LOL, umm how do u use this... I plugged my xbox 360 controller into my computer and nothing happend...?

What did you expect to happen? The demo just shows button and axis input. To get it to work in a game or something, you actually have to do a little programming.

The included helpfile explains all the functions and constants the same way the GM helpfile does.
S I N A Z

#35 remoladen

remoladen

GMC Member

• 147 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 12:15 AM

Lol yeah, but I plugged it in and when I press the buttons nothing happens, and the windows Install new hardware comes up.
Delphi DLL Maker = Me

#36 Dmaster270

Dmaster270

GMC Member

• 1736 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 12:27 AM

That means you should install the 360 controller into your computer.
PM me with an email for a Lockerz invite.

#37 remoladen

remoladen

GMC Member

• 147 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 12:36 AM

...yeah and how? it says search for the driver... then i search and it doesn't find anything!
Delphi DLL Maker = Me

#38 yellowsix

yellowsix

GMC Member

• 315 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 08:48 AM

...yeah and how? it says search for the driver... then i search and it doesn't find anything!

Do you people actually Google these days?
Download Microsoft HID drivers
There it is, have fun, problem solved...
Excuse me my jerkyness :whistle:

Edited by yellowsix, 13 June 2008 - 08:50 AM.

"Go thy way, eat thy bread with joy, and drink thy wine with a merry heart; for God now accepeth thy works." - Ecclesiastes 9:7

"The ruling class has the schools and press under its thumb. This enables it to sway the emotions of the masses." ~Albert Einstein

#39 Sinaz

Sinaz

MCP Killer

• GMC Elder
  • 2751 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 03:40 PM

Do you people actually Google these days?
Download Microsoft HID drivers
There it is, have fun, problem solved...
Excuse me my jerkyness :)

Agreed-- like any hardware, it needs drivers.

I don't know how many times I'll have to say this, but...

SinazXInput is not a drivers solutions-- it is a support solution for your games!!!

S I N A Z

#40 Warmachine

Warmachine

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 97 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 10:24 PM

Thanks for that. I really like it. I hope it will grow further to make it easier to implement.

#41 youcanbecooltoo

youcanbecooltoo

GMC Member

• 3 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 08:32 AM

omg i can use this 4 shizzle

how do u plug in a gamecube controller to da computer usb?
thatd be fun to do ^_^

#42 Stickly Man!

Stickly Man!

GMC Member

• 9 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 07:40 PM

Great job with this extension! I'm using this for a 4-player game I'm making (I almost stopped due to the 2-joystick limitation in Game Maker) The only problem is that not everyone has an xbox 360 controller with a way to connect it to the computer, so I'll have to find some good keyboard method to use, in case of no joystick :-|. Congrats, and hope to see some cool things from this!

#43 Sinaz

Sinaz

MCP Killer

• GMC Elder
  • 2751 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 06:33 AM

The only problem is that not everyone has an xbox 360 controller with a way to connect it to the computer, so I'll have to find some good keyboard method to use, in case of no joystick :-|.

Wouldn't this be a problem even with implementing d-input controllers? If the player has no controller, and alternate input method needs to be supported.

Anyway, this will work for any xInput controller... whether it is an xBox360 controller, or a Logitech Chillstream, or a Saitek Cyborg. And of course, any dInput controller as well (though xInput features will not work on dInput controllers... like rumble.)
S I N A Z

#44 SerMSYS

SerMSYS

GMC Member

• 180 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 05:59 AM

The extension works great! (especially the rumble effect ;) )

Just curious, but does it work with the 360 racing wheel?
http://www.xbox.com/...eel/default.htm
Battlefield 2/CoD 4/Fallout 3/GTA IV player | Quad-Core owner

#45 yellowsix

yellowsix

GMC Member

• 315 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:44 AM

I'm not sure, but I believe XInput supports more than just the gamepads. The wheel is probably just simply one of the axes.
For example, even headsets are supported. So why wouldn't a steering wheel be? (beware of Microsoft logics though ;) )

Edited by yellowsix, 30 June 2008 - 08:46 AM.

#46 Sinaz

Sinaz

MCP Killer

• GMC Elder
  • 2751 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 04:04 PM

I'm not sure, but I believe XInput supports more than just the gamepads. The wheel is probably just simply one of the axes.
For example, even headsets are supported. So why wouldn't a steering wheel be? (beware of Microsoft logics though :P )

I just want to clarify that the racing wheels should respond as expected.

BUT... I haven't implemented headsets yet.

So, just want to make sure people realize you aren't describing a feature in my extension. :)
S I N A Z

#47 hiro-niro

hiro-niro

GMC Member

• 707 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:09 AM

This looks AWESOME!
EDIT: The GEX is corrupted...

Edited by hiro-niro, 03 July 2008 - 12:15 AM.

Permanently left the Game Maker Community.

#48 Sinaz

Sinaz

MCP Killer

• GMC Elder
  • 2751 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:48 AM

This looks AWESOME!
EDIT: The GEX is corrupted...

No one else has mentioned that... why don't you try re-downloading it and re-installing it.
S I N A Z

#49 hiro-niro

hiro-niro

GMC Member

• 707 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:58 AM

I did. "Error Installing extension Package" as soon as I clicked install.
Permanently left the Game Maker Community.

#50 Sinaz

Sinaz

MCP Killer

• GMC Elder
  • 2751 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 03:24 PM

I re-opened this topic for justice! SinazXInput has gathered some nice support from the community. I've been getting PMs saying that the extension works just fine and should be continued. So it is.

Thanks everyone!
S I N A Z