• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 cactus

cactus

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 367 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 11:47 PM

I submitted the game 23:20 GMT, but the competition page says it's already over. Sucks a lot since the rules said 23:59 GMT! Oh, well. Onto the game.

Welcome to Mondo Agency!

You are AGENT-65386. Your superiors believe that someone is plotting to kill the president, but they have no idea who or why. And for some reason, the president seems vital to the world's very existance. It's your task to find out who it is that seeks to destroy everyone so that you can save the world from it's pending doom.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Controls
WASD + Mouse

Mirror Download:
http://64digits.com/...AgencyFixed.zip

Game by cactus
Graphics by Cow and cactus
Music by Aaron Kurtz

Gameplay Videos:

Submission 1 & 2
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=HbGK6Ue9GL4

Submission 3 & 4
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=V717NAWobEk

Submission 5 & 6
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=4XrOWp2CAPc

Submission 7 & 8
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=MwYDNsZQDzY

Final Submission and End
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=deIv4R1vdbg

For those who played Mondo Medicals: This game is a lot easier and very different from it's younger sibling. Takes a while to beat, though, but mostly because of cutscenes. Which is also why I haven't been able to bugtest it too much. I hope it's fine.

Edited by cactus, 04 January 2008 - 01:54 PM.

#2 daz

daz

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 800 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 23 December 2007 - 11:55 PM

Ahh nice, this your only entry? Definitely going to try this one.. :P

..File not found :P

Edited by daz, 23 December 2007 - 11:55 PM.

#3 cactus

cactus

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 367 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 12:04 AM

Yeah, I noticed a bug so I had to reupload. The file was gone for a few mins, sorry...

#4 daz

daz

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 800 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 12:13 AM

Argh... stuck on the second level.. can't find a path to that floating platform D; Ps: No idea what this has to do with winter xD

#5 Necromian

Necromian

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 994 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 12:19 AM

Dang, I thought you were going to release that platform shooter for the competition D:

Oh well, onto my review:

The menu was very well done, and apart from some grammatical errors (which I'm sure were on purpose) it was very easy to navigate. The static effect at the beginning was very well done, and all the little touches like the weird gray blobs, shaky screen, and even the gradient all added to the atmosphere, and were really nice touches :P. A complain of mine would be that the mouse is centered, and if you minimize the window (like I'm doing now), you cant move the mouse away from the center of the screen. Maybe disable this when the window isn't in focus? Meanwhile, I need to find some way to press the post button :P

#6 BattleRifle BR55

BattleRifle BR55

Let Live

• GMC Member
  • 9265 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 01:17 AM

I liked it, but 2 things kind of got in the way.

1) Was a bit too sensitive for me - maybe add a function that can alter it.

2) The fov was very narrow, made it kind of difficult on the jumping level.

Otherwise I liked the atmosphere and the randomness of things.

#7 Mordi

Mordi

Maker of Menus

• 3635 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 01:36 AM

As it is 2:33 on the day before christmas I was only patient enough to play to the jumping bit (frustrating!).

This game has awesome presentation! Its so mystical and intriguing. This really shows that game maker can make 3d games too. The graphics, techically, are really bad. I mean, all gray and white. No colors, not even much contrast. But still its one the coolest looking 3d games ive seen made in GM. No shader could make it better.

This is classic cactus.

#8 CmdrLuke

CmdrLuke

GMC Member

• 34 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 04:39 AM

The jumping part is too hard and it makes me sick. But I do appriciate your odd style.

#9 cactus

cactus

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 367 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 11:25 AM

Walkthrough of the first two levels:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=IcoYJoDD4zw

If anyone can tell me what parts are too difficult that'd be great. I want people who like the feel of the game to be able to enjoy playing it...

#10 cactus

cactus

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 367 posts

Posted 25 December 2007 - 09:10 PM

I updated the game and made the first puzzle a lot easier (you can even skip it). Also fixed a few bugs and added some nice things. Please redownload!

#11 daz

daz

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 800 posts

Posted 25 December 2007 - 10:39 PM

If you say so >.> I never did beat submission 2 XP
Yeah.. now I don't know how to beat the one where the natives are coming.. so I have my gun and I'm happily blasting the dudes only to find out.. I spontaneously combust! yay! :) It's almost as if it thinks I ran into an enemy.. but I didn't :/

Edited by daz, 26 December 2007 - 12:27 AM.

#12 cactus

cactus

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 367 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 01:40 AM

Maybe one snuck up on you?

#13 daz

daz

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 800 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 05:22 AM

No it happens every time :X (maybe one just moves super fast..) You really need a pause button that also releases the mouse :)

#14 cactus

cactus

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 367 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 03:05 AM

Posted a few gameplay vids in a desperate attempt to get attention :)

#15 WarriorArtiste

WarriorArtiste

3d Creator

• 1032 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 10:12 PM

Awesome except cant get past level 7 because of STUPID GLITCH

ruined the game... :P

The game would have been genius, and I would have said this was the best game on the GMC, but now I am unable to, because of that STUPID GLITCH. I tried twice and the game kept glitching on level 7...

Edited by WarriorArtiste, 31 December 2007 - 10:43 PM.

#16 superjoebob

superjoebob

YM2612

• 1515 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 09:13 AM

This game is absolutley amazing. Ive never seen a game quite like this game before, it has a very unique style of gameplay. The graphics almost seem to take advantage of GM's bad 3d, and it gives the whole game a very surreal feeling. Throughout the whole game I felt like I was in Tron :P . Please, continue making games like this, because this is now my favorite game on the forums and I hope I can see a sequel of it. Also, the sound was excellent.

Oh, and I played through the whole game and it seems completely bug free.

#17 WarriorArtiste

WarriorArtiste

3d Creator

• 1032 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 02:35 PM

Strange...well maybe to get the game glitch free try doing a zcheck+bounding box check on the enemies in level7, if they are out of bounds then delete them.

Anyway, the game was very surreal, the storyline is very deep, original, dark, and was really a new plane of game.

#18 ugly_dwarf2

ugly_dwarf2

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 381 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 02:58 PM

cool :P :P :P :P

#19 killerelectro

killerelectro

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 89 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 01 January 2008 - 03:25 PM

Once again an excellent and exciting game from the creator of Mondo Medicals. Who'd have thought out that ending. Still, it's not my fault the president wasn't listening >.>

Graphics - 8/10 (+1) - Confusion and Scary feeling, and the graphics add to that. The natives really freaked me out, especially on the level "Massacre". The +1 is for the fact that it's 3d, which not many games have

Sound & Music - 6/10 Sounds were arcade style which was funny (shoot a native) Only downfall is that there's only the credit music and nothing else. The scream of the president really shook my ears!

Gameplay - 9/10 - Once again, my senses and mind is tested. At least it wasn't as bad as the Mondo Medicals. The level "Terminal Illness" reminded me of the flood in Halo. Good thing I had a gun with me!

Storyline - 5/10 - Although there isn't much storyline, you can kind of piece it together as you go along. Is the person who you play as in Mondo Medicals one of the natives?

Atmosphere - 9/10 - The atmosphere of confusion and fear is kept during the whole game.

OVERALL RATING - 8/10 - You've done it again :P GJ on making another addictive game. Maybe you should think about making them a little bigger. Then you could sell them? :P

Keep it up!

Killer Electro

#20 cactus

cactus

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 367 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 06:06 PM

ruined the game... :P

The game would have been genius, and I would have said this was the best game on the GMC, but now I am unable to, because of that STUPID GLITCH. I tried twice and the game kept glitching on level 7...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, don't play the Yoyogames version, it's got a bug... I can't fix it because that would be cheating. The download mirror has an updated version that is greatly improved over the other version :P

I should probably remove the yoyo link :P

#21 TGOC

TGOC

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 370 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 06:51 PM

For the parts where that guy is talking, did you do the backmasked voice of that or were you using samples?

#22 WarriorArtiste

WarriorArtiste

3d Creator

• 1032 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 07:09 PM

ruined the game... :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, don't play the Yoyogames version, it's got a bug... I can't fix it because that would be cheating. The download mirror has an updated version that is greatly improved over the other version :(

I should probably remove the yoyo link :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In the competition rules, where does it say that fixing a bug is "cheating"?

Good job on the game though :D

Edited by WarriorArtiste, 01 January 2008 - 07:10 PM.

#23 superjoebob

superjoebob

YM2612

• 1515 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 07:52 PM

I liked this game so much, ive taken the liberty of creating a banner for it to show how much I love this game.

Posted Image

If you thought this game kicked @$$ too, there you go! :(

Heres the forum code:

[url=http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=347941][img]http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/5b29a2d02d.png[/img][/url]

Edited by superjoebob, 01 January 2008 - 07:52 PM.

#24 posva

posva

GMC Member

• 610 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 01 January 2008 - 08:03 PM

good job but very boring and complicated....

#25 Sulfuric

Sulfuric

Nintendo Worshiper

• 1353 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 08:07 PM

I liked this game. Are you going to do more Mondo games? The story didn't make sense, which is cool, and I liked the graphical presentation and platforming. I got stuck on that level with the lifts and the tall building that spins. I pressed the button and went back to the portal gate an there was no portal :(. What else do you do on that level?

#26 Coffee

Coffee

Light and Sweet

• GMC Member
  • 2316 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 08:07 PM

I loved it. It was so deep, and cold. I thought everything was amazing, the graphics, the storyline, sounds, voices, the natives, the little robots that came out of that guy's head, the backgrounds, everything, everything was perfect.

#27 cactus

cactus

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 367 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 10:21 PM

I pressed the button and went back to the portal gate an there was no portal :(. What else do you do on that level?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You probably didn't push the button all the way down... Sorry about that :(

#28 GMakerExtrodinare

GMakerExtrodinare

GMC Member

• 175 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 02:59 AM

I got to the part where I got the shooter and then I didn't know what to do... I levitated up to those four cubes, no idea where to go from there o.O

Anyone, I love the feeling the game has... it's spooky and weird.

The engrish is very funny too, why did you make it engrish? Lol.

#29 Firesoft

Firesoft

Firesoft Programmer

• 138 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 06:39 AM

I didn't like it.

I can't bring myself to pass it. It's just so.... stupid, to be frank. Frustrating, a tad buggy, and bland, boring graphics. The sound was good, though, I must admit.

You've definitely made better games in the past, Cactus.

I expected a little bit more.

#30 yomomma

yomomma

GMC Member

• 367 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 07:06 AM

That's a pretty bad agency, the boss sounds like a random topic on the GMC and looks like a broken television set. This is one awesome game, though!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users