• 151 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 04:29 AM

v.1
download
v.2
download
v.3
download
side note: the alien in the game is Alien the kind from AVP and the Alien movies
v.4
Download v4
v.4.1
Download

Story: Aliens have taken over the region , you and a group of highly trained soldiers were sent in wipe out the menace...the Aliens killed all the men but you, you were able to flee into the forest and now you must finish the job you were sent to do, and find the hive mind of the monsters and destroy it
old screenshots
Posted Image
Posted Image

New Screenshots
screenshot1
screenshot2
features:
6 guns
4 enemies
1 boss
cheats(will be posted later)
Terminator bonus character is playable
pistol can be dualwielded
most bugs fixed
Now the mouse can be used to aim and shoot
And there is a start screen now, it has the object that lets you switch from keyboard to mouse in game

*only bug is that when you play as the Terminator character you can only play as it in the starting level

code to play as terminator: SKYnet

CHEATS (press C ingame to use)
"steely" = full armor
"imfine" = full health

COMMENTS PLEASE

Edited by darkone10, 17 August 2008 - 03:48 AM.

#2 Charlie_Nut_Sak

Charlie_Nut_Sak

GMC Member

• 273 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 05:18 AM

well... i didnt make it that for in the game before i lost interest, it seems a bit hard. you should make it so your person looks where the mouse is pointing instead of having to use the arrow keys to turn him.

if the aliens are too close the bullets go past them.

i got confused when i walked under the trees, i couldnt tell which way i was facing and i kept running into what im guessing is the trunk and i couldnt see where i was shooting.... thats not a big deal and maybe part of your design.

also, i can walk up slowly and start shooting them and they didnt even turn and chase me. it seems they would notice they are getting shot and attack.

overall so far 2/5. just because its too early, once you add more stuff im sure it will get better.

#3 darkone10

darkone10

GMC Member

• 151 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 12:25 AM

well... i didnt make it that for in the game before i lost interest, it seems a bit hard. you should make it so your person looks where the mouse is pointing instead of having to use the arrow keys to turn him.

i got confused when i walked under the trees, i couldnt tell which way i was facing and i kept running into what im guessing is the trunk and i couldnt see where i was shooting.... thats not a big deal and maybe part of your design.

also, i can walk up slowly and start shooting them and they didnt even turn and chase me. it seems they would notice they are getting shot and attack.

overall so far 2/5. just because its too early, once you add more stuff im sure it will get better.

im going to fix those problem before i releses the next version

Edited by darkone10, 01 January 2008 - 12:27 AM.

#4 darkone10

darkone10

GMC Member

• 151 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 01:07 AM

version2 is out

#5 darkone10

darkone10

GMC Member

• 151 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 02:35 AM

those bugs are fixed

#6 darkone10

darkone10

GMC Member

• 151 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 05:48 PM

update
version 3 is out

#7 darkone10

darkone10

GMC Member

• 151 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 02:43 AM

version4 is out
much has been improved

#8 darkone10

darkone10

GMC Member

• 151 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 11:01 PM

small update

now the mouse can be used to aim and shoot
and there is a start screen now, it has the object that lets you switch from keyboard to mouse in game

#9 darkone10

darkone10

GMC Member

• 151 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 03:48 AM

*bump*
feedback please

#10 Bladebuddy

Bladebuddy

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 229 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 21 August 2008 - 07:35 AM

Some things i noticed that could be fixed for better gameplay:

The window and view size you used is very small. This makes it very difficult to shoot the enemy before it reaches you, making it not so fun to play. I would recomend a larger veiw, maybe 640x480, that is a standard size. But perhaps you want it small?

The mouse look was difficult. With the way you have it set up, i would recomend adding straifing to your game. This could be obtained by using Lengthdir code. Or a differnt way, instead of walking where he is looking, just make him point where he is looking, and make him go the direction the key is pressed. This could be done either with X+=Speed, or a smoother way would be motion_add(Direction,Speed), the direction would depend on what key is pressed, for the left arrow key, it would be 180, for the right, 0, for up it would be 90, and for down it would be 270.

When i got to the boss part, i couldnt tell if i was killing it or not, it was kinda hard to tell what was what, And i ran out of ammo rather quickly.
After i died fighting the boss, i got an error about something not being able to find an x variable, which i assume was the aliens looking for the player instance when i died. So i would make some sort of death sequence for when the player dies, so they are not left looking at the error message.

At the begining of the game, it was not obvoius that the Keybord sprite was a keyboard, and that it was a button to change between the mouse controls and the keyboard controls. I would get a real sprite of a keyboard, and maybe give it some animations when it is moused over.

It would be cool if the egg sprites shaked when they were opeing to launch out at you. it would make it look cool.

Maybe you could make some recolors of the alieins, and give them differnt powers. like a white alien could have freezing powers, which make you move slower, and a blue alien that is faster or something. This would add more variety to your game, and make it funner to play for longer.

The sprites were good though. They are better then some ive seen here on the gmc.

Good luck with developing your game ;)

Very useful Extensions, Tutorials, Help, and common questions that have been answerd and created by iccurd12b42. I really recommend looking here for any problem, or just something to do.
My TDS sci-fi sprite pack (old): Topic/Download. Has all of the sprites needed to start making an TDS!

Personal Game Website: http://www.reesedrjones.com/

#11 negen99

negen99

GMC Member

• 567 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:23 AM

I agree with Bladebuddy the screen should be larger. Also I got stuck in some of the trees and couldn't move anymore.

#12 darkone10

darkone10

GMC Member

• 151 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 05:31 PM

ok i will work on that
and the window size is supposed to be small

to bladebuddy, i already plan to do that, add more variety to the aliens. i just havent gotten around to it yet :)
and i will changed the movement system for the next version ;) chicken, yum

#13 DJ J4KE

DJ J4KE

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 142 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 08:23 PM

Maybe you could make some recolors of the alieins, and give them differnt powers. like a white alien could have freezing powers, which make you move slower, and a blue alien that is faster or something. This would add more variety to your game, and make it funner to play for longer.

yeah lets have flying aliens and ninja aliens... Yes that was sarcastic

If you do add variety, which would be good, try not to be stupid with it.

chicken, yum

I know! :medieval: