Temporarily on hold untill I can compile the source under an xp environment
This extension is capable of protecting games from common hacking attempts like debugging and memory editing. When a debugger such as cheat engine is attatched, the game can detect it allowing the programmer to take a custom action. The extension also has a CRC32 checksum calculator to ensure that a file or packet has not been edited. Combining these two features makes a very secure system both for online and offline games. The premium version of this dll/extension has many more functions such as ClearDebugRegisters and the ability to enter custom programs to add to the block list. This is still in development so check back often for new features and updates. The example is made with Gamemaker 7 and has not been tested on other versions. The gex is compatible with all versions that support external functions. Using the example from the download, I managed to get a maximum speed of 327 FPS!!! That's with multiple calls to the extension's dll per step. This proves that it is superfast and will not affect your game speed. In the future, I plan on adding an Encrypt function that uses Vigenère cipher to encrypt data and CRCs, and maybe an MD5 algorithm. Enjoy.
A picture of the extension in GM7.
Free for non-commercial use. A commercial license costs 15 USD. Email me at RSF1000[at]gmail[dot]com. If you buy a commercial license, I will modify anything to suite your needs and you will recieve the premium version which includes many more functions to make things more secure.
Credit is absolutely required in a game that uses this hacking protection under a non-commercial license. If you purchased a commercial license from me, you do not need to give me credit.
November 10, 2007 8:56 PM - DLL Version 3.1.1 Library Version 1.0
- For security reasons, I got rid of the external dll and decided to switch to a .gex extension. There are no adverse effects on this switch and all of the functions work correctly. I also added Drag and drop support to the extension, so people less experienced can still use it! I don't have time to re-document this whole thing, so refer back to the previous build's comments to understand the functions. Download the free version at the bottom of this post. Oh yeah, and untill further notice, AttatchDebugger has been removed. It wasn't working the way I intended. I also threw a new example together that works the same as the old one.
November 9, 2007 7:35 PM - Version 3.1 (Premium Build)
- Added AllocForbiddenProcess() - This incredible function allows the game programmer to enter a CUSTOM list of programs to block. It allows window names and class names, or both together! Premium
- Updated TerminateForbiddenProcess() to work with AllocForbiddenProcess().
- Updated QueryForbiddenProcess() to work with AllocForbididenProcess().
November 8, 2007 5:43 PM - Version 3.0
After some major changes and improvements, I sped things up and added several new functions. Just a
note, AttatchDebugger did not work in v2.0. I have decided to only include the following functions in the
premium version: ClearDebugRegisters(), QueryForbiddenProcess(), AttatchDebugger(), and
TerminateForbiddenProcess(). QueryForbiddenFunction is a very specialized function. It allows the
owner to specify the window names of certain programs to block. Using this in conjuction with
TerminateForbiddenProcess allows complete control over which programs are blocked.
- Fixed AttatchDebugger.
- Fixed ClearDebugRegisters.
- Added QueryForbiddenProcess. (This unique function checks for programs like cheat engine that are open.
In the future, there will be an option to add custom programs to this list for premium users.)
- Added TerminateForbiddenProcess. (This unique function terminates the process that
QueryForbiddenProcess finds. This is a great function because rather than closing the game,
the programmer has the option of simply closing the hacking program.
November 4, 2007 6:07 PM - Version 2.0
- Added the option of attatching a "fake" debugger. See the comments in the function "AttatchDebugger".
November 3, 2007 12:56 PM - Version 1.1a
- Fixed timer issue, where it could be disabled, allowing memory editing.
November 2, 2007 11:52 PM - Version 1.1
- Added an extra debug detection subroutine.
- Added external file proofing. (Checks the CRC and size of the antihack DLL to make sure it's genuine.)
November 2, 2007 6:35 PM - Version 1.0
- Added debugger protection. (Stops debuggers from viewing internals and attatching to game.)
Zip file contains:
If you like this, please donate to continue its development. Donate
Edited by Frawley, 12 November 2007 - 10:03 PM.