As you said it was simple... and also very easy, assuming the beast doesn't jump you while you're reloading.
Not too many things that I think need to be fixed, but here they are:
- The edges of the cave can overlap parts of your character. This doesn't do anything mechanically, but it would be nice if that didn't occur.
- You can lure the beast outside... I don't think this is fitting with the spirit of the game.
If I were making the game I would add a couple of things:
- A few more enemies. Rats are obviously the most prevalent, but why not bats, moles, or even mobile fungus?
- The beast cannot be slain until you aquire a different kind of arrow, hidden deep within the cave (silver arrows, maybe?). If you did this, however, you would need something that drives the beast off and doesn't consume arrows.
- It might be neat to add in a torch that lights up the passageway. You can have the light be blocked by cavern walls, kind of like this:
o = player
 = wall
* = light
- = shadow
~ = spacers so the image displays properly
- Something else you could add is a little greater variety of cavern flooring. Grass, water, and mushrooms would all fit the mood.
- Bonus 'Son of the Beast' mode? A slightly changed generation method and a harder beast fight might make give the game greater longevity.
Edited by Hecore, 03 November 2007 - 07:22 PM.