Gm Gamma Controll

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cybot99

cybot99

GMC Member

• 190 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 03:34 AM

I am happy to anounce that for my first Dll, I have managed to create working Screen Gamma controll for Game Maker.

Actually, I was searching for a way to embed windows controll in Gm, when I came across a code snippet that ome guy made, that enabled controll of the Screen's Gamma.
I remember reading about someone wanting to be able to do just this, as I myself did, so I set about compiling it into a dll.

So here it is:
Download GmGamma.zip

I must stress that I Did not create the Original script, I just Compiled it into a dll for Game Maker (and increased the gamma range and stuff). So credit should first go to the creator (Read the "readme.txt" file included).

If you want to learn from the script, or compile your own dll from it, here is the web address:
http://www.nirsoft.n...brightness.html

Just a word of caution: displaying a static image with a high Gamma value for long periods of time may cause dammage to some LCD/TFT monitors. So use with caution.

Anyway, happy gaming!!

Cybot99

#2 Sindarin

Sindarin

Indie Game Developer

• 1644 posts
  • Version:GM:HTML5

Posted 06 October 2007 - 01:37 PM

Oh that's a useful one.

Just a word of caution: displaying a static image with a high Gamma value for long periods of time may cause dammage to some LCD/TFT monitors. So use with caution

I am pretty sure that bright colors and flashes can do the same as well.
GM 8.1 / GM:HTML5 User

#3 cybot99

cybot99

GMC Member

• 190 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 01:00 AM

Finally some response.

Thanks!

Just a word of caution: displaying a static image with a high Gamma value for long periods of time may cause dammage to some LCD/TFT monitors. So use with caution

I am pretty sure that bright colors and flashes can do the same as well.

You're right there. But it takes allot of either to cause damage.

Any ideas on how to make it more usefull?

Edited by cybot99, 07 October 2007 - 01:01 AM.

#4 IamCalle

IamCalle

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 444 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 08:48 PM

You could make it useful again by providing a valid download link. :)

#5 cybot99

cybot99

GMC Member

• 190 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 08:35 AM

Oh, sorry. I didn't expect this to come back up, and I didn't know it had gone down, sorry. I'll fix it as soon as possible.

EDIT: THe download link is back up! I did remove the Evecutable from the download though, but it should worry anyone, it was just to save upload-time.

Enjoy!

-Cybot99

Edited by cybot99, 05 July 2008 - 08:50 AM.