Photo

Ultimate Mplay V2.0 Release 0.02 (gm6 & Gm7)

• Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

#1 darkmage

darkmage

GMC Member

• 518 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 06:44 PM

Posted Image
Ultimate Mplay V2.0
Online Editable Engine (for Gm7 and Gm6)
by Darkmage

News:

A new version has been released v0.02!
Creation of Ultimate Mplay 3 has been started!
Why not continuing with Ultimate Mplay 2? , because the things I have planned for Ultimate Mplay 3 can't fit in version 2, thats why I choose to rewrite the engine and create version 3!

Downloads:

Ultimate Mplay V2.0 Release 0.02 (Gm 7)
Ultimate Mplay V2.0 Release 0.02 (Gm 6)
(thanks regneer for the gm6)
Contains:
1.) 2 examples with serverlists (also an account system with the RPG)
2.) 39Dll
3.) functions wordpad document
4.) GML file for the scripts

NOTE:
If you want to test the examples for yourself , you just need to make an exe of the Gm file and start it 2 times, start a server and after that the client. , the client has to join with the ip "127.0.0.1" , now you can test the examples on your own computer.

Examples:
1.) Platformer (2 player) (called sticky bananas, and no bananas can't walk so jump!)
1.Add) Platformer - serverlist , This is the serverlist that will controll all sticky banana clients and server that want to be added
2.) RPG
2.Add) RPG - serverlist , This is the serverlist that will controll all RPG clients and server that want to be added

Engine Info
Ultimate Mplay V2.0 is the successor of Ultimate Mplay V1.0
Ultimate Mplay V2.0 is using the 39dll.
Ultimate Mplay V2.0 is getting along very well , the codes are pretty well optimized.

The engine contains at the moment 75 scripts that are easy to use.
It has 3 examples that shows the possibilities of the engine, like 2 player, or a full scale RTS(currently unavailable) , or even the possibility to create a MMORPG

The engine Itself is totaly focussed on server side control. what it meens is that all the clients are only connected with the server and nobody else.
the client will send a message to the server and the server will control if he will send the message to specific players. , this way data communication is very controled and keeps data communication low.

With the latest addition of a serverlist and account system control, the possibilities of UM 2.0 has grown over the possiblities that UM 1.0 could offer , while being alot faster and more stable then the older version.

UM 2.0 serverlist and account system are totaly created with the view of speed but totaly dynamic, I am very satisfied how these 2 controls turned out.
UM 1.0 used MYSQL to get the results for an account system and serverlist, with UM 2.0 it will do it all without MYSQL while being 10 times more effective,faster and you can keep on updating everytime without the long waittimes UM 1.0 provided.
For example in the RPG example , everytime a new player joins you can see it in the serverlist inmediatly the amount of players that are currently in the server.
And the functionality the account system gives is that the account user or the server can both update values for players. ( in the servers case everytime it receives a position change or something else important that it can store it for the account user so the account user doesnt have to send it over each time, so that way you gain twice the speed while ensuring your data is safely stored(only possible if the game server is on the same server as the account server))

Press F1 in the examples for some small extra Information what to do.

RPG Example
A Game is hosted atm on my computer , the Ip to use to join is 62.45.99.84

Notes:
1.) Give credit to Darkmage when used in your own game
2.) Give credit to 39ster for the Winsock DLL (39dll.dll)
3.) The fire used in the RPG Example is an edited version of gypt_ice
4.) Logo for Ultimate Mplay is designed by Whitemsv
5.) All graphics are made by myself, when used give credit

Contact/Bug Reporting:
1.) GMC PM system
2.) Post a response here
3.) E-mail: martijnvdm@hotmail.com

Coming Soon:
1.) More explination at the codes
2.) More chat options
3.) Upgrades and new stuff to the examples
4.) 3D example online
5.) More...

Screenshots
Rpg Example screen 1
Rpg Example screen 2
Rpg Example screen 3
Rts Example screen
Platformer Example screen
New Chat system

Request
I have 2 requests for everyone
1.) Any idea or suggestion for what you would like to see in this engine please post it and I will consider it if I will add it to the Engine
2.) I need a Spriter for making exclusive graphics making for some of the examples that will be developped. , I aswell need People that can make some small examples if they understand how the engine works to make it easier for everyone.

Extra Info
GM Version: (GM7)
File Size: (~6 MB)
Screen Resolution: (640 x 480 or 1027 x 768) (depending on example)
Changes Screen Resolution: (no)

To support me put this in your sig
Posted Image
[URL=http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=328258][IMG]http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~rcp/support.png[/IMG][/URL]

Edited by darkmage, 21 October 2008 - 09:52 AM.

#2 jotarokujo1

jotarokujo1

GMC Member

• 160 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 16 September 2007 - 06:47 PM

I'll help you with the graphics...

#3 Zezuken

Zezuken

AKA: Warriorccc0

• GMC Member
  • 2799 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 07:23 PM

just odd, the rpg is kinda weird with the graphics, and you need to make it so you don't chat by the message box popping up.

#4 darkmage

darkmage

GMC Member

• 518 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 08:59 PM

Ill send you a Pm tomorrow.

just odd, the rpg is kinda weird with the graphics, and you need to make it so you don't chat by the message box popping up.

There is still alot to be done, but in the end it isn't about the graphics but on the online play. (graphics ain't my strongest point unless I spend alot of time on it., thats why I am requesting some assistance for it)
About the message box yes that will change soon.

The server is still online, to join just enter this IP: 62.45.155.121 with the RPG example.

Dm.

#5 Kit630

Kit630

GMC Member

• 156 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 09:37 PM

Ill send you a Pm tomorrow.

There is still alot to be done, but in the end it isn't about the graphics but on the online play. (graphics ain't my strongest point unless I spend alot of time on it., thats why I am requesting some assistance for it)
About the message box yes that will change soon.

The server is still online, to join just enter this IP: 62.45.155.121 with the RPG example.

Dm.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you guys have seen the original Ultimate MPlay, you'll know that this is going to be a huge improvement over that one. And that one was already awesome. This is, however, a WIP, but in time it will be more. ^_^

#6 darkmage

darkmage

GMC Member

• 518 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 08:14 AM

Updated: Engine Info about server side control.

If you guys have seen the original Ultimate MPlay, you'll know that this is going to be a huge improvement over that one. And that one was already awesome. This is, however, a WIP, but in time it will be more.

Its the intension indeed that this will outperform the original Ultimate Mplay, and at the moment it shure is outperforming it.

I know some of the exampels are stil hard to understand but I will make them alot easier over time.
The rts example will be totaly rewritten so it will be alot better controllable., at the moment it was more for the show to let people see the possibilities with the amount of units possible to synch at once without lag.

I will probably release a new version next week with updated stuff

Edit: Server is online.

Dm.

Edited by darkmage, 17 September 2007 - 02:51 PM.

#7 whitemsv

whitemsv

Dude you rock

• GMC Member
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 02:39 PM

Another fine release darkmage ::lmao::.
I hope for it that it will evolve in the most used and appreciated online system :huh:

Greeting,

Whitemsv

#8 darkmage

darkmage

GMC Member

• 518 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 10:50 AM

The server is online again
to join just start the RPG and join with this IPaddress : 83.128.79.246

Extra Info:

*fixed a few bugs.
*Added some scripts for succesfull logout , and chat admin and moderator assignments.
*Rebuilding the RTS totaly, and implenting 1 of my older RTS engines from space.

Expected release 0.02 will be coming saturday or sunday.

Dm.

#9 death-droid

death-droid

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 2600 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 11:09 AM

Very nice and cool i might be able to use it im not sure tho.

Posted Image

#10 darkmage

darkmage

GMC Member

• 518 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 09:43 PM

Server is now going offline for the day, will put it back on later tomorrow.

Very nice and cool i might be able to use it im not sure tho.

Its still in the WIP fase but its well usable atm for your games, it should be easy to implent.
Scripts will still receive updates but nothing that will hurt your current usage of the scripts , so it would be perfectly compatible with new versions of the scripts.

Still if you have any suggestion or would like to see something that has to do with online stuff in the engine, please post them and I might add them if its a good idea.

Edit: note if you want to test the examples for yourself , you just need to make an exe of the Gm file and start it 2 times and start the server, the client then just have to join with the ip "127.0.0.1" , then you can test the examples.

Dm.

Edited by darkmage, 18 September 2007 - 09:46 PM.

#11 Jux

Jux

GMC Member

• 150 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 10:36 PM

GM7!? :lol: aw... Could there be any way of gettin those files in gm6? Or are the scripts only compatible with version 7?

Edited by Jux, 18 September 2007 - 10:38 PM.

#12 darkmage

darkmage

GMC Member

• 518 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 07:06 AM

GM7!?  aw... Could there be any way of gettin those files in gm6? Or are the scripts only compatible with version 7?

I think the scripts should be fully compatible with Gm 6.x, ill try to upload the script files later today.

Ill put the server on later today when I get home.

Dm.

#13 MatrixQuare

MatrixQuare

Matrix Square Entertainment Corp.

• GMC Member
  • 772 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 07:13 AM

Bravo, darkmage! I've checked our your first Ultimate MPlay and it was pretty nifty and advanced for its time (shame it was limited due to the use of GM's built-in MPlayer functions). I have great expectations from you and from UM 2.

That said, prepare to see another swarm of "how do i make a mmo-rts!1?! plz helpz!1!" threads :(.

Good luck, darkmage :P.

#14 darkmage

darkmage

GMC Member

• 518 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 05:28 PM

Bravo, darkmage! I've checked our your first Ultimate MPlay and it was pretty nifty and advanced for its time (shame it was limited due to the use of GM's built-in MPlayer functions). I have great expectations from you and from UM 2.

That said, prepare to see another swarm of "how do i make a mmo-rts!1?! plz helpz!1!" threads .

Good luck, darkmage

Thank you, the First Ultimate Mplay was indeed limited through the use of mplay, but it did what I wanted at that time, but boundries change, so here is Version number 2 that will cross Ultimate Mplay V1.0 's boundries.

about the swarm well I hope to minimize it this time, because it will become alot easier to store player data in the future by a non Sql way, and I recall 60% of the questions was about the Sql part. :(

Dm.

Edited by darkmage, 19 September 2007 - 10:20 PM.

#15 darkmage

darkmage

GMC Member

• 518 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 04:32 PM

Added a lose download for the scripts, I think the scripts should be able to import into Gm6.+ and it should aswell be compatible for the people to try.

Scripts Gml

The server is now online for the RPG with the IP : 83.128.77.123

Dm.

#16 Kit630

Kit630

GMC Member

• 156 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 05:20 PM

Keep up the good work, everything looks like it's going smooth. I like the idea of not having to always use SQL also. I understand how to use SQL with the old one, however I can see where a lot of people may have issues. (I had to spend awhile dissecting the old engine before I figured it out.. heh.)

And yes, the synching in your engines has always been great, but 300+ units each? That's awesome!

#17 Zezuken

Zezuken

AKA: Warriorccc0

• GMC Member
  • 2799 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 06:06 PM

you just bumped up a kinda old topic ya know, anyway its possible to convert gm7 to gm6 just google it..

#18 Kit630

Kit630

GMC Member

• 156 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 07:24 PM

you just bumped up a kinda old topic ya know, anyway its possible to convert gm7 to gm6 just google it..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Uh, not really an old topic. And it's going to be updated until it's better than the original, I bet.

#19 Zelda4evr

Zelda4evr

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 615 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 07:42 PM

hmm this looks good, i might have to try it later. but not now, too busy...the rpg one looks decent.

#20 darkmage

darkmage

GMC Member

• 518 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 10:24 AM

I know haven't posted an update on this, but it is comming soon.
Have a big project on school which just prevents me on building tomuch.

I am aswell on another project (well 2 actualy) that will involve using this engine for online play, where I will show the speed of this engine compared to the old version.

1 of the projects will be probably a 4 player (might going to be a 2 player) RTS game where each player can build up to 300-400 units max. , which should be synched perfectly online. (this part is already tested and showed to work where 800 units updated on 2 screens perfectly online with a friend)

I will try to release some screenshots soon, + giving an estimated date for the next release of UM 2.0

Dm.

#21 trollbone

trollbone

GMC Member

• 39 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 01:34 PM

is it possible to get the files as .gm6 ?
would be great....

#22 matty_richo

matty_richo

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 486 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 21 November 2007 - 05:10 AM

i'd like to see a chat example with a heap of chat fuctions like emotes and other stuff like msn has.
Posted Image

#23 darkmage

darkmage

GMC Member

• 518 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 11:23 AM

is it possible to get the files as .gm6 ?
would be great....

I will try to get 1 example in gm6 when i got the time for it.

i'd like to see a chat example with a heap of chat fuctions like emotes and other stuff like msn has.

the chat part with emotes etc are actualy not something that is online, since its just text replaced by images. , I think I will make an example for a messenger (small messenger) which will have this.

I might have a screen before sunday that shows my 3d rts game in develepment with online capabilities. , to give people an idea what is possible with Ultimate Mplay v2.0

for the interested , just a few screens of the OFFLINE part. (made with xtreme 3d dll)
Screen1
Screen2
Screen3

I will aswell try to get a working example of a 3d online (something) with xtreme 3d v2.0

Dm.

#24 megaghost

megaghost

GMC Member

• 78 posts

Posted 25 December 2007 - 02:00 PM

Finally, a new version :). It has been 2 years since the last one :). Ultimate Mplay 1 was great, and i used it a lot to learn from it. Now there's version 2 :D, I think it's great you are working on it again :P!!

#25 MilkAndCheese

MilkAndCheese

GMC Member

• 51 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 01:38 AM

Hey, great to see your making a new version! I loved the old version, but I noticed that there was no account creation in this one? What's up with that?

#26 FantiX

FantiX

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 175 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 11:50 AM

i think most of the people work with gm6, because gm7 is almost nothing more. -.-

#27 David Dark

David Dark

GMC Member

• 154 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 11:59 AM

This is great news!
Maybe I'll be able to make my first online game at last. :P

Thanks darkmage and good luck with your work. :P

#28 darkmage

darkmage

GMC Member

• 518 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 11:29 AM

been working towards a new version slowly but steady.

but I noticed that there was no account creation in this one?

Thats right atm there isn't 1 yet.

ontop of my list of adding new stuff is for 1 account creation with security/encryption for safety (so no 1 is able to read your password not even the server host , or the creator of the game)
second on my list is a server list.

these 2 points in UM 1.0 were handled by mysql, but I am stepping of this system and I will be creating a different style of handeling it.
The style I am pointing at is that your computer/server will record all incomming connection and stores there connection data, and then redirect it to the player that wants to connect to another server.

Example

Main server (hosts the server list)
user 1 connects to the main server and gets the serverlist
user 1 wants to host a game, he let the Main server know and the main server adds user 1 to the server list
user 2 connects to the main server and gets the serverlist
user 2 wants to join user 1's game, the mainserver sends the data to user 2 so user 2 knows how to connect to user 1
user 2 joins user 1's game

the Main server will notice every change, he and the the host of games will keep a socket open for error handling and server statusses.
so when user 1 in this example drops offline, then the main server will know almost instantly and refreshes the list, advantage through this is aswell all game status / playerss in the server / current map played or whatever you want can be instantly updated on the server list. (ofc I advice having a refresh button , to prevent mass overload of the server with sending messages)
by doing it this way it will be a huge upgrade from Ultimate Mplay v1.0

Main server in this example will be handeling all accounts (if your game server is on another server you will still have to connect to the account server first to get your data)
account creation will be looking as followed
user 1 connects to the main server
user 1 fills in the registration form
registration form is send to the Main server encrypted
Main server receives the data and checks if the account already exists (if not it creates it)
A confimation on account creation has been send back, the user can now use his account.
account creation will be linked on your email adress to prevent mass making of accounts, this way its aswell possible when you lose your password to send a new 1 back through your mail.

1 of the big advantages by doing it through a main server for account handeling is that there isn't a slow or other mysql server in between, this will solve out the long waiting times that happened with UM 1.0 , and login is done in a very small amount of time (1-2 seconds tops , unless the server is very busy at the time)

All I can say is there is a new version comming anytime soon , including the points explained above.

Dm.

#29 Alecdude

Alecdude

Platform Crazy

• 387 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 03:32 PM

Bravo!

The RPG graphics are kinda wierd though...

Otherwise 9/10 Good job!

I don't really understand how to make online games based on the data function avalaible or the alternate at this time.

It will get easier soon enough, and maybe finnaly end the thread titled:
"I r maeking mmorpg eengnie ploxerz"

Good luck keep up the good work!

#30 darkmage

darkmage

GMC Member

• 518 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 07:36 AM

The RPG graphics are kinda wierd though...

hehe yeah they are kinda weird, but thats the work of 3 to 5 minutes each model in 3ds max, not going to design a good looking model for an example.(for me to make that will take a few days and I don't have time for that)

I don't really understand how to make online games based on the data function avalaible or the alternate at this time.

well UM2 will still be a little for advanced gamemakers, but the knowledge needed is far far less.
though I will after the complete engine is done make a lite version that will do almost everything for you, only you can't do everything you can do in the full version

It will get easier soon enough, and maybe finnaly end the thread titled:
"I r maeking mmorpg eengnie ploxerz"

hehe yeah seen those alot in the last 3-4 years

Otherwise 9/10 Good job!

Good luck keep up the good work!

thank you.

In the next weekend I will upload a new inbetween release so when coming online in the example everything is a bit easier like chat, and login message so you know login succeeded, and a button to switch udp and tcp mode.

I will aswell host a game in the weekend again so people can try the engine out.

Dm.

Edited by darkmage, 03 January 2008 - 07:37 AM.

#31 kubaszewczyk11

kubaszewczyk11

GMC Member

• 100 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 11:22 AM

Pleas to write a list of all UMP scripts and it's arguments

#32 darkmage

darkmage

GMC Member

• 518 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 11:13 PM

Pleas to write a list of all UMP scripts and it's arguments

It is 1 of my priority's but on the earliest it will be on the 0.02 release planned in the near future

but first 0.011 this weekend and probably 0.02 is the first release after
(0.011 is just a quick small update and fix)

Dm.

#33 Dan1995

Dan1995

AKA CHUBZEE!!!

• 128 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 11:27 PM

Whoah sweet! It IS easy to use! (Lol! I made Space turn a person into a rock!)
Youtube Videos made by meee!

<<Paste this in your siggy if you are a Christian>>

if i could go back to 2005, i'd tell my younger self not to be a NOOB!

#34 darkmage

darkmage

GMC Member

• 518 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 07:54 AM

Whoah sweet! It IS easy to use! (Lol! I made Space turn a person into a rock!)

good to hear -_- , and it will only get easier in time

small update:
Version 0.011 will be released later today which contains a normal chatbar (no more message box)
the option to switch tcp and udp mode with a single key press (If your router doesnt allow UDP on the port in use, the server will send a message back to you that reverts udp back to tcp 30 seconds after udp was enabled, if your router does have it enabled on the used port then the server will pick that up and starts sending udp packages for increased send speed) , you can still have messages forced to send TCP
and a few bug fixes that were small and not always noticable.

Dm.

#35 kubaszewczyk11

kubaszewczyk11

GMC Member

• 100 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 11:18 AM

OK.
I rate this engine 9.5/10

#36 darkmage

darkmage

GMC Member

• 518 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 11:35 AM

OK.
I rate this engine 9.5/10

Thank you

I know I said I would release 0.011 yesterday , but I found some time and I implented alot of new stuff, and I made aswell a full documentation of all current scripts.

I am currently updating the examples, Just the RTS to go (creating a grid motion walking for collision detection)

Things I added:
1. Disconnections , if you or the server disconnects you will get a warning
2. When you switch to UDP mode the server will send a few packages to see if
your UDP works, If you haven't received any message in a ceratin amount of
time , then it will revert UDP back to TCP
3. when a new player that joins the server, the ID is given back through
UMP_AcceptClients
4. A send disconnection script, so the server can let all players or just certain
players know when someone disconnected
5. some small bug fixes

I will upload then new version when I finish the RTS example , (if it takes to long I will release this version without the RTS)

Dm.

Edited by darkmage, 06 January 2008 - 11:38 AM.

#37 SwordPlayer

SwordPlayer

GMC Member

• 151 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 04:10 PM

for object Connect:

Error defining an external function.

????

#38 darkmage

darkmage

GMC Member

• 518 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 10:55 PM

for object Connect:

Error defining an external function.

????

when you download the engine , they include a dll file, that file has to be in the same directory as the gamemaker files or exe files.

update on 0.011 , had some family coming over all day so suspending release till tomorrow.

Dm.

#39 darkmage

darkmage

GMC Member

• 518 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 06:12 PM

A new version is now available for download, the download link is on the first post.

Version 0.011

removed Items:
due to some changes I have to rework the rts version, but with that I will revamp the online style to a more stable working example.

New Files:
Wordpad document containing all current functions with some explination

New in this version:
1.) Disconnections , if you or the server disconnects you will get a warning
2.) When you switch to UDP mode the server will send a few packages to see if your UDP works, If you haven't received any message in a certain amount of time , then it will revert UDP back to TCP
3.) when a new player that joins the server, the ID is given back through
UMP_AcceptClients
4.) A send disconnection script, so the server can let all players or just certain
players know when someone disconnected
5.) some small optimisation and bug fixes

Request:

I am still looking for 1 or 2 persons who have some time to create some sprites for Ultimate mplay
I am looking for someone who can make good looking:
Buttons
ServerList
input boxes
and more of these style of graphics

For the second spriter I could use someone who is good in making grapics for a RTS style of game , with tanks soldiers , and buildings, to create a good looking example

Credit will be given.

With this version is not much new, but all extra items that were implented are very important in creating an online game.
For now I will start builing towards version 0.02 which will contain serverlists and account storing.

Tomorrow or later this week I will have the test server up and running for everyone to join and test the full functionality of this engine.

Dm.

#40 David Dark

David Dark

GMC Member

• 154 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 09:25 PM

I can ask my buddy who makes gfx for my game. I got a lot of study to do so I don't have time to update my game and he gets really bored bc he dosn't have anything to do :blink:

#41 darkmage

darkmage

GMC Member

• 518 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 03:53 PM

I can ask my buddy who makes gfx for my game. I got a lot of study to do so I don't have time to update my game and he gets really bored bc he dosn't have anything to do

hehe that would be great :P

I putted the test server online

Game : RPG
Server-IP: 62.45.171.209

so join if you want to test the engine.

Dm.

#42 David Dark

David Dark

GMC Member

• 154 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 05:09 PM

ok fast example :(

Posted Image

he's doing the rest :P

cant check the rpg online becouse its gm7 :P i use gm6 :P

hope u realese gm6 example when u finish this!

Edited by David Dark, 08 January 2008 - 05:23 PM.

#43 darkmage

darkmage

GMC Member

• 518 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 02:55 PM

ok fast example

-_- hehe

cant check the rpg online becouse its gm7  i use gm6

hope u realese gm6 example when u finish this!

Ill try to release a gm 6 version aswell since its fully compatible in every way.
though it might take some time , but it will be there when 0.02 is released

The test server is online.

Game : RPG
Server-IP: 62.45.171.209

so join if you want to test the engine.

Dm.

#44 BlaXun

BlaXun

Slime Online Creator

• GMC Member
  • 2750 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 09 January 2008 - 06:53 PM

Increase room speed to 60...that way the client/server can handle more messages faster -_- wohoooo!

iBNKRoX.png

#45 badidiam

badidiam

GMC Member

• 4 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 06:55 PM

cool -_- :D ;)

#46 darkmage

darkmage

GMC Member

• 518 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 07:47 PM

Increase room speed to 60...that way the client/server can handle more messages faster  wohoooo!

I know with 60 it will send more message , but 30 was good enough for the example -_- , btw saw you log in on the server earlier , was away at that moment ;)

cool

:D thank you

#47 David Dark

David Dark

GMC Member

• 154 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 05:19 PM

800 units without a slow down? ;)

w8itin'! ;)

#48 darkmage

darkmage

GMC Member

• 518 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 09:46 AM

800 units without a slow down? 

w8itin'!

though that amount of units was just with just 1 server and a client that was around 100-150 kilometers further.
so the connection between the 2 was pretty fast.

New Info:
I Have been working a little on the engine, the plans for the comming new features are the following.
the serverlist and account storage aquire their own connection to a server (can be done on 1 server aswell) , the reason I did this to make it possible to have 1 central server for all the account information and another server for the game play to keep speed optimal for fast online gaming.
Like I said it is possible to do all this on 1 server aswell but for the big MMO'S its recommened to put some tasks on other servers to maintain speed.

With my current speed(bit busy on school,etc) it is possible to see the next version release next week or else the week after that.

I will host the RPG engine this afternoon and evening again, If you get a message welcome to the test server of ultimate mplay ... etc meens you are succesfully connected into the server , because that message is sended server side automaticly on logon from new clients.

Dm.

Edited by darkmage, 30 January 2008 - 07:49 AM.

#49 darkmage

darkmage

GMC Member

• 518 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 08:06 AM

Info on the progress of the next version.

I finished the serverlist yesterday: ill explain some of the functionality below.

1. I build in a special functionality to see your speed compared with the servers in the serverlist , so from every server in the list you can see howfast your connection will be on that server.

2. you can host a server list on a seperate server then the game server or you can host them both on the same server.

3. Requesting the servers through the refresh button takes between 0-2 seconds (possibly longer if there alot of servers in the list)

4. you can make your serverlist as long as you want with storing values like ip,curent level , or whatever you want to store.

5. directly updatable when you want to , so your server got 5 new people joined , with 1 simple function it will update the serverlist for every other client so they know it , same with level change or what ever you want to change.

6. on a disconnect the serverlist server will notice that and will throw you out of the list between 0 and 10 seconds , all handled automaticly

7. setting and updating values for the serverlist , is as easy as settign a variable and executing 1 single scripts without arguments.

8. and there alot more function and possibilities to create a serverlist to your own taste with full functionality

Added a ping function.
I added a ping function to the engine , everygame that uses my engine can be pinged to see the speed between yourself and the server you pinged.

Comming weekend ill start to focus on the Account management.

I am still looking for active people for sprite creation for my engine (credit will be given)

Dm.

#50 The eleventh plague of Egypt

The eleventh plague of Egypt

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1045 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 02:34 PM

Yum, this project is growing and my interest too: I really need something efficient and simple, because I have so many things to do :)