I made this engine a few months back just to see if I could. I got pretty far with it, but I never ended up using it for anything and just stopped working on it (I never finish anything... ). I was browsing through some old files today and I decided to release this engine since I have no use for it and someone could learn from it.
You will need GM7 Pro to open and use the file. I do NOT want to hear that you do not have GM7 and that I should put it in GM6 format. That is not my problem. If someone wants to take their time and copy the scripts and objects to a GM6 file, I will gladly put a link to it in this post.
- Great FPS! (55-60 with 300 objects on my crappy computer)
- Three types of organisms
- Names for all organisms
- Saving and loading of organisms
- Killing and cloning of organisms
- Organisms grow
- Organisms can die of dehydration, starvation, or being eaten
- Semi-intelligent A.I. (searching for food, water, etc.)
- Speeding up and slowing down time
- Information (type, name, age, size, generation, hunger, thirst, gender) is displayed when organisms are clicked
- Probably more that I am forgetting...
- Left Mouse Button - Select organisms
- Right Mouse Button - Deselect organisms
- Middle Mouse Button - Create organism (determined by the numbers below)
- 1 Key - plant
- 2 Key - herbivore
- 3 Key - carnivore
- 4 Key - water
- Up Key - speed up time
- Down Key - speed down time
Edited by Austin6641, 26 June 2008 - 08:53 AM.