Now GM6 with detailed comments!
Very often people started to ask question about 3D animation. How to animate this and that. So, this is why I decided to make this example. It shows how to animate your own 3D model using MoveNow and Anim8or (or any other software to edit 3D models). For this purpose you have to have some basic skills in 3D modelling.
How to make my 3D character animation?
Step by step
1. You need to have a 3D model you want to animate
2. You have to use Anim8or or another software to take the model apart. You have to separate every part of the body of your model. Such as head, body, uparms, forearms, wrists, thigs, shins and feet.
3. See the model positioning of every body part model from the models in the example and follow them. For example, if you have to correct the position of the head, see the position of the head in the example and place you head model in the same position.
4. In the folder of the example replace my models with your own. Or you can also edit the mn_set script.
5. Start MoveNow. Now you have to create the skeleton. You will have to try again and again untill you fit the the skeleton with body parts models. You have to make itso that your model is one whole character.
6. Make the animation sequences with MoveNow.
7. For the different animations when an action is performed by the player, see how I made the attacking and how I made the animation there. In obj_player.
Download the Example
Download MoveNow Vista compatible (provided by eafg2)
Download MoveNow Manual
Mirror Download provided by briantrlov
If someone uses this example, please give credit to percsich.hu, who created MoveNow! and of course you could put me too if you like.
Krisando's Animation (Human Figure)
The animations include walking, running, jumping (funny). And all the animations are saved so you can learn from them and edit. When you stand still he moves when he breathes. This is a model from my game Pure Action CTF. The animations are made by Krisando.
Krisando's Move Now Example (Human Figure) Includes:
Download Example 1.65mb
HERE ARE THE NEW LINKS, GIVEN BY briantrlov:
Edited by dmitko, 26 November 2009 - 05:23 PM.