I have two things to say. One is a waste of space on the boards and the other is not, but I must say both.
Make something useful. You are just taking up valuable board space.
1st: Just because you don't like DnD doesn't mean everybody should think the same as you.
2nd: I hate Naruto lovers and I don't just go posting about it in every Naruta fan game I see.
3rd: By saying that, you are also wasting board space.
4th: I also took offence by you saying that.
@OP: This is a great idea... Somewhat, I would rather use a tileset to make the maps, you know, since it's on computer, why not use every possible ressources you have to make a DnD game more enjoyable.
A couple of things though...
- Remove precise check from every objects and make their bounding box "full image"... I was having real difficulty to remove the ladder thing.
- Have tile sets instead of brown walls, maybe they could be zelda-ish (The first one on the NES where you see the walls in every angle)
- Show a preview of the item you are currently placing so you don't have to put it on the map to be able to see it
- Actually put all of the available objects in the grid to the right so you can just choose by seeing them
- Make the room scrollable
- Have "player" objects that you can place and have kind of a hero sprite
- Have "monster" objects and other NPCs that you can place
- And of course more objects to place