dencrason

GMC Member

• 30 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 05:00 AM

DnD Map Maker! V.0.3

;) INSTRUCTIONS

Make a map using these controls:
0-9: Save a map on one of the 10 files.
Numpad 0-9: Load a map of one of the 10 files.
Left Mouse Button: Add on one of the map elements that you have selected on the Right Toolbar or select a different element.
Right Mouse Button: Remove one of the map elements or select a different element.
L: Lock map.
U: Unlock map.

:) SCREENSHOTS

:P LATER ADDITIONS

-More Items
-Multiplayer Mode
-Player Object

:) FEATURES

-Use up to 14 different objects to make your map your own.
-Save up to 10 maps and load them.

:P DOWNLOAD
Posted Image

Edited by dencrason, 08 September 2007 - 07:10 PM.

#2 Mailas

Mailas

Send in the Mail

• GMC Member
  • 5720 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 08 September 2007 - 06:04 AM

So..........exactly what is this for? What game?

#3 Fungames

Fungames

GMC Member

• 549 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 06:51 AM

So..........exactly what is this for? What game?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He explained that already. It's for DnD, I thought this was a good idea for those who still play with the board game version.

#4 dencrason

dencrason

GMC Member

• 30 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 12:41 AM

This topic is bumped! And... I will have the new version, .4, up in a little bit.

#5 ultim8p00

ultim8p00

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 282 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 01:24 AM

Make something useful. You are just taking up valuable board space.

#6 dencrason

dencrason

GMC Member

• 30 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 01:47 AM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I take heavy offence by that remark. You could work on your way of talking to people. Next time, think before you type. <_< Imagine your first actually good game being dissed by some random person. It doesn't make you feel very good.

Edited by dencrason, 20 September 2007 - 01:49 AM.

#7 NinjaBril

NinjaBril

Many games, little time

• GMC Member
  • 2336 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 20 September 2007 - 01:53 AM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I take heavy offence by that remark. You could work on your way of talking to people. Next time, think before you type. <_< Imagine your first actually good game being dissed by some random person. It doesn't make you feel very good.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

we are all only humans....

i would have no clue what to do with this.

#8 dencrason

dencrason

GMC Member

• 30 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 01:59 AM

*Sigh* Does anybody even read the first post these days? It is A Dungeons and Dragons map maker! Oh well. I am going to retire for the night today.

#9 dark_master4

dark_master4

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1222 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 02:00 AM

I have two things to say. One is a waste of space on the boards and the other is not, but I must say both. <_<

1st: Just because you don't like DnD doesn't mean everybody should think the same as you.
2nd: I hate Naruto lovers and I don't just go posting about it in every Naruta fan game I see.
3rd: By saying that, you are also wasting board space.
4th: I also took offence by you saying that.

Nuff said.

@OP: This is a great idea... Somewhat, I would rather use a tileset to make the maps, you know, since it's on computer, why not use every possible ressources you have to make a DnD game more enjoyable.

A couple of things though...
- Remove precise check from every objects and make their bounding box "full image"... I was having real difficulty to remove the ladder thing.
- Have tile sets instead of brown walls, maybe they could be zelda-ish (The first one on the NES where you see the walls in every angle)
- Show a preview of the item you are currently placing so you don't have to put it on the map to be able to see it
- Actually put all of the available objects in the grid to the right so you can just choose by seeing them
- Make the room scrollable
- Have "player" objects that you can place and have kind of a hero sprite
- Have "monster" objects and other NPCs that you can place
- And of course more objects to place :huh:

#10 ultim8p00

ultim8p00

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 282 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 02:06 AM

I have two things to say. One is a waste of space on the boards and the other is not, but I must say both. <_<

1st: Just because you don't like DnD doesn't mean everybody should think the same as you.
2nd: I hate Naruto lovers and I don't just go posting about it in every Naruta fan game I see.

Nuff said.

@OP: This is a great idea... Somewhat, I would rather use a tileset to make the maps, you know, since it's on computer, why not use every possible ressources you have to make a DnD game more enjoyable.

- Remove precise check from every objects and make their bounding box "full image"... I was having real difficulty to remove the ladder thing.
- Have tile sets instead of brown walls, maybe they could be zelda-ish (The first one on the NES where you see the walls in every angle)
- Show a preview of the item you are currently placing so you don't have to put it on the map to be able to see it
- Actually put all of the available objects in the grid to the right so you can just choose by seeing them
- And of course more objects to place :huh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You HATE people just because they watch a certain show? That is deplorable. I could parallel that to hating certain people just because they are gay or because they are women.

Edited by ultim8p00, 20 September 2007 - 02:10 AM.

#11 dark_master4

dark_master4

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1222 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 02:29 AM

Ok I'll have to rephrase that... I don't hate those who just love Naruto... I hate those who ADORE Naruto and only go by Naruto and if it's not Naruto it's nothing else and blahblahblah you know what kind of people I'm writing about... I just can't stand those peeps.

But then again, since I know that not everyone is like that, I don't just go in their topic saying their game is wasting board space.

And this is an OPINION (about Naruto ultimate fans), nothing to brag about, quote me, or just argue with me trying to convince me that I'm not right.

You, ultim8p00 (or whatever your real name is), need to learn the meaning of the word respect.

[Edit]
Oh and I won't bother answering your next reply, whatever it is.

Edited by dark_master4, 20 September 2007 - 02:30 AM.

#12 angryempath

angryempath

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 02:35 AM

Nuff said.

- And of course more objects to place :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You HATE people just because they watch a certain show? That is deplorable. I could parallel that to hating certain people just because they are gay or because they are women.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's about as deplorable as your signature :huh:

@dencrason:
Probably should have spelled out "Dungeons and Dragons," not everyone knows what DnD is.

A friend of mine actually used Excel on his laptop to make maps, this program is a nice start but it's a little clumsy to use. I would recomend making a clipboard kind of thing on the side so you can just click on the item you want instead of cycling through things. Then make the left-click always just delete an object.

Edited by angryempath, 20 September 2007 - 02:37 AM.

#13 Wolf017

Wolf017

GMC Member

• 531 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 03:55 AM

I love DnD, but I prefer digital versions that do all the math for you, don't get me wrong, I'm not stupid; I just prefer to skip all the math and get to the game.

#14 dark_master4

dark_master4

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1222 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 05:14 AM

Not only this, but level design can be hard on sheets... But in a program, you can put graphics, lots of monsters, players, easily move all this, even have a different view for the DM and for the players... Just switch it when you show the screen to the players so only what they see is shown. At this time, you can also enable all the good looking effects to add to the WOW effect.

All this to say... I hope the OP is having futur plans for this project...

#15 dencrason

dencrason

GMC Member

• 30 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 02:32 PM

Sorry I haven't been on in a long time, homework is a nuisance. I'll get right on it! (Now to find how to make tilesets...)

#16 JustinWalker

JustinWalker

GMC Member

• 1 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 06:57 PM

well thank you for this, I play dnd the old school way and use this regularly. Great job!

#17 Dungeonsitalia

Dungeonsitalia

GMC Member

• 1 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 12:35 PM

I made "RPGplaneMapMaker" Photoshop Actions set. it's free. check it out :)

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=EpAscC3N8o4

of course you don't have to use RPGplane. Just the mapmaker is enough to play a fine session in my opinion

Edited by Dungeonsitalia, 12 December 2010 - 12:36 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users