Download from Host-A
Here is a mirror:
Download from WillHostForFood
WINDOWS VISTA USERS!!! Here is a compatible version, from Host-A:
Download Vista Compatible Version
R-THETA II is also located on the Theta Games Home Page
Title: R-THETA II, Expanded Edition
Genre: Original, Abstract 'SHMUP' Arcade Game
Download Size: 2.9 MB zipped (3.3 MB for Vista Compatible Version)
File Type: A '.zip' archive that contains the main executable, README.txt, two DLL's that allow for module music playback, and unmo3.exe, which converts the compressed '.mo3' modules into a usable format for the DLL's to use.
Resolution: No change, full screen
Written In: .1 Registered
R-THETA II is the sequel to the innovative game R-THETA. Like its predecessor, it is based entirely in polar coordinates. For more explanation on this, click here. Basically, everything is based on a circle, in this case a radar-like device. As in the original, you move a shooter up and down the radar-scope line as it spins, and shoot enemies as they come to you, preventing them from hitting the line. As the game progresses, the line rotates faster. The sequel features two new weapons, including Rapid-Fire and Missile, and two new enemies, including a Shooter (it fires disabling shots at you) and an enemy that charges at the radar-scope line.
For the topic on the original R-THETA, click here.
Expanded Edition Includes:
- Nine new enemies, each with distinct behaviors.
- 'Combos' system. You get extra points for killing large numbers of enemies in a short time.
- Game Options, including difficulty settings, sound volume, adjusting special effects (i.e. motion blur, screen-shaking), and fully customizable controls. All options are saved even after you quit the game.
- Other improvements, including quit confirmations, more randomized enemy spawning locations, a better scoring system, and much more!
The controls of the game are fully customizable through the options menu. Simply press <F2> at the title screen, then select 'Controls . . .'
Default Controls (can be changed):
<UP>: Increase radius of shooter (move it away from the centre)
<DOWN>: Decrease radius of shooter (move it toward the centre)
<Z>: Fire Missile
<X> [hold]: Fire Rapid-Fire
<C>: Fire Standard Shot
Click on the above images to view full-size screenshots of the game.
- Like the original R-THETA, this game has no set colour schemes. The game randomly generates colours that will fit well together.
- An earlier version of this game has been featured in a variety of places, including the Independent Gaming website, a similar Czech website (Hrej.cz), and on a cover CD of the Octover 22nd issue of the Czech computing magazine Svĕt-Pocitacu ('Computer World').
- The music is self-composed, as well as all but one of the audio effects.
- NEW [Version 1.1] I have changed the music from MIDI format to module format, which means that there should be no more lag at the loop point of the MIDI pieces. The volume of the music can now be dynamically changed as well.
- This game has been featured on the HomeBrewPCGaming GM Arcade, as well as on the Independent Gaming website and www.the2bears.com.
Edited by thetagames, 26 December 2008 - 03:48 PM.