Mreg System

• Please log in to reply
311 replies to this topic

#31 necrotic

necrotic

GMC Member

• 238 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 12:57 AM

I ran your example with my correct arguements.

Did you send the latest version of the GEX, and did you init the dll?

Edited by necrotic, 23 August 2007 - 12:57 AM.

#32 Progamer

Progamer

GMC Member

• 18 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 01:30 AM

It looks great. But yeah you need some way to get Keys faster.

Edited by Progamer, 23 August 2007 - 01:32 AM.

#33 Matt13

Matt13

GMC Member

• 580 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 03:38 AM

I ran your example with my correct arguements.

Did you send the latest version of the GEX, and did you init the dll?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Okay, you downloaded the new zip off of the website?
And installed the GEX file in that zip?
And you init in the Game Maker script using the test username with the My Game program?
And you put in a correct key and name?

If this still doesn't work PLEASE PM me with the script that you use in Game Maker and the name and key that is not working.

Edited by Matt13, 23 August 2007 - 03:42 AM.

#34 Robot Freak

Robot Freak

GMC Member

• 271 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 07:10 AM

It works fine now, because this new gmk file has MReg_init("test","My Game"); instead of MReg_init("test","test");

The MReg System.exe has blanc items in the "Use Amount" and "Ban Key" options. You could delete those.
Maybe the "Program" list can select the first one automatically.
An option to delete an account, not only a program.
Delete this: "This email was sent with MReg System."
When you send an email to multiple addresses, it will ask "Is this okay?" for every address. That's annoying.

Something I don't like is that it must be connected to the internet every startup.
Can you make an option that when the key is valid, an encrypted string will be returned to save in a file? So that the DLL can check that string if there isn't an internet connection?

Edited by Robot Freak, 23 August 2007 - 12:21 PM.

#35 DefuzionGames

DefuzionGames

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1433 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 23 August 2007 - 01:12 PM

few questions:

oes the user HAVE to be connected to the internet every time they want to use the program or JUST when they register online or enter the key for the first ime.

Secondly all the keys, details etc... are they stored on an online database. If so does this mean that you have full access to everyone keys for their programs.

#36 Robot Freak

Robot Freak

GMC Member

• 271 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 01:18 PM

few questions:

oes the user HAVE to be connected to the internet every time they want to use the program or JUST when they register online or enter the key for the first ime.

Secondly all the keys, details etc... are they stored on an online database.  If so does this mean that you have full access to everyone keys for their programs.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Both are true right now.

Edited by Robot Freak, 03 September 2007 - 02:45 PM.

#37 Matt13

Matt13

GMC Member

• 580 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 04:33 PM

Thank you for the logos, I will definitely use them, they look awesome!

Now to answer some of the questions:

Secondly all the keys, details etc... are they stored on an online database.  If so does this mean that you have full access to everyone keys for their programs.

Incorrect, you only have access to the keys and programs in your account. (correct me if I'm wrong??)

It works fine now, because this new gmk file has MReg_init("test","My Game"); instead of MReg_init("test","test");

The MReg System.exe has blanc items in the "Use Amount" and "Ban Key" options. You could delete those.
Maybe the "Program" list can select the first one automatically.
An option to delete an account, not only a program.
Delete this: "This email was sent with MReg System."
When you send an email to multiple addresses, it will ask "Is this okay?" for every address. That's annoying.

Something I don't like is that it must be connected to the internet every startup.
Can you make an option that when the key is valid, an encrypted string will be returned to save in a file? So that the DLL can check that string if there isn't an internet connection?

Yes, MReg_init changed in version 2.00 to take the password out for security reasons. :lol:

The blank use amount and ban key options cannot be set for a key. I have them there to display when no key is selected. I thought it looked neater.

I will add the option to delete an account, it is in my to-do list!

I will delete that footer :( *done* :) (I told myself that once someone complains about it I will remove it :o )

I will take out the message when sending multiple emails, that will be removed in the next version, I added it to my to-do list.

The last thing about the encrypted data and not using the internet was decided by me to be best left for the user to implement into their own program if needed. I will look into ways of handling this and see what I can do to implement this feature. I have already also decided to add another function in the DLL (and GEX) to check if the user is connected to the internet.

Thank you everyone for the support and features!
I will definitely consider and add most of the stuff you guys suggest, as you are the ones using it and I want you guys to be happy with it!

Thanks Robot Freak for the logos, if you want to be credited under Credits in the program for the logos, please tell me B)
I'll use those logos on the site and will be shown with the next version, and I'll see if I can find a way to maybe put them in the program as well.

Matt

Edited by Matt13, 23 August 2007 - 04:34 PM.

#38 Robot Freak

Robot Freak

GMC Member

• 271 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 06:15 PM

If you keep the "Credits" message, You can add "Jan ten Bokkel" to it. If you remove it, thats fine with me. Tell me when I need to update the version number. Upload the images to your host, I will remove them after a while.

When checking the "Remember" function in the login screen, it doesn't remember a thing... Delete or fix it.

Another question: what will happen if your database is offline?

About the saving of encrypted file, you could also save in that file how much time the key has been used, so it can be sent to the database when connection is back.

#39 Matt13

Matt13

GMC Member

• 580 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 06:20 PM

The remember me function should work perfect... did you block access to the registry? It writes in the registry the email and password (encrypted in registry) to store.

So far I have not seen any downtime on my database for over a year. I will also make backups every once and a while just incase.

I have saved the images to my computer, if you want you can remove them from your host, thanks.

Matt

#40 Robot Freak

Robot Freak

GMC Member

• 271 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 08:19 PM

Maybe it's only a problem at this laptop, I haven't got the full rights on this one.
I'll try it on my desktop next week.

#41 Matt13

Matt13

GMC Member

• 580 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 08:22 PM

Yep, I think that might be the problem then.
Let me know how it works on your desktop though.
Thanks

#42 PehJota

PehJota

GMC Member

• 62 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 09:17 PM

Looks good. Is there any way you could automate it? Maybe integrate it with PayPal or something

#43 Matt13

Matt13

GMC Member

• 580 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 09:53 PM

Thanks, and I am creating a PHP script right now which I hope to release with version 3.00 (or hopefully earlier) that allows you to create and manage users and keys automatically from your website or store.

#44 Robot Freak

Robot Freak

GMC Member

• 271 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 01:36 PM

Can you add a function to create new data fields?
If I want to know something else from the user, there isn't any place for that. (or anything else the program should need)
The user should be able to change the user information after entering the key.

#45 Matt13

Matt13

GMC Member

• 580 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 06:46 PM

Alright, I'll take those ideas into consideration, especially the new data fields, which I added to my to-do list.

#46 jack1993jack

jack1993jack

GMC Member

• 231 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 08:10 PM

This is absolutely brilliant! 10/10!
I would also love a way to add users online

#47 Matt13

Matt13

GMC Member

• 580 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 09:35 PM

Thank you! :P
And yep, that feature is already currently in development.

#48 necrotic

necrotic

GMC Member

• 238 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 12:08 AM

Please also make a button to add notes to a user / key.

It wouldn't effect anything, but be for keeping track of w/e you want.... just a simple textbox popup would be good.

#49 Matt13

Matt13

GMC Member

• 580 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 02:01 AM

Awesome idea! Thanks for the suggestion, definitely will manage to get that in at some point! :P

#50 mrsmes

mrsmes

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1471 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 28 August 2007 - 08:18 AM

one word.
impressive. it explains everything that your stuff you make is.

#51 Matt13

Matt13

GMC Member

• 580 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 05:49 AM

Thank you for the comment :)

I'm working hard on the next version, much has been done, but I still have a lot more to do,
I'm sure you'll guys love the upgrade when I release it.
I also plan to release some more videos sometime soon to show some more of the new features.

#52 Robot Freak

Robot Freak

GMC Member

• 271 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 07:29 AM

I can't wait! Is the new version able to use other database servers? So that a game isn't dependent on your server?

Edited by Robot Freak, 29 August 2007 - 07:30 AM.

#53 Matt13

Matt13

GMC Member

• 580 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 03:03 PM

Not yet, sorry, I haven't started the work on that, but that will be an available feature soon.
Next release will most likely be features and bug fixes to the program people wanted while the release after that will be the host your own database, and PHP classes to use for automatic key and user creation and managing.

Edited by Matt13, 29 August 2007 - 03:03 PM.

#54 necrotic

necrotic

GMC Member

• 238 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 08:44 PM

I look forward to it :P

MReg is really easy to use and has everything I need at the moment.

#55 Matt13

Matt13

GMC Member

• 580 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 10:20 PM

Thanks! :P
I finished the note feature today, by the way, which you requested.

#56 FireWire Games

FireWire Games

GMC Member

• 1548 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:11 AM

OMG...Best. Program. Ever!

Did you make the MReg System program with GM? Cause it looks way too professional to be made with it.

#57 Matt13

Matt13

GMC Member

• 580 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:33 AM

Thanks!
No, I created this to be used in general, and didn't direct it just at the Game Maker community, but to all programmers who need a registration system.

#58 necrotic

necrotic

GMC Member

• 238 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 08:36 PM

I look forwards to the next release ::lmao::

Please make sure the php scripts that tie into the system are secure. Encryption if possible, if not.... encrypt it.

#59 Matt13

Matt13

GMC Member

• 580 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 09:58 PM

Way ahead of you :)
I use the Zend Encoder.
When I release the PHP Classes to use MReg System on your site you must have the Zend Optimizer installed on the server. (a lot of hosts have it installed already)

Edited by Matt13, 23 January 2008 - 07:41 PM.

#60 Matt13

Matt13

GMC Member

• 580 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 10:14 PM

Teaser for version 2.5: :(
http://matt.phpgurus...temExample3.wmv

Edited by Matt13, 01 September 2007 - 01:59 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users