11 replies to this topic

#1 d41

d41

GMC Member

• 526 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 06:31 PM

Tank Battlefield

;) Introduction

Tank Battlefield is a turn based strategy game with tanks. An enemy is attacking you, and you need to fight back!

:) Infomation

Title: Tank Battlefield
Genre/Category: Turn Based Strategy
Download Size: 1.8MB .zip
Game File-Type: Stand-Alone Executable
Resolution: No Change, Windowed or Fullscreen
Current Version: v1.0
Written In: :GM065: Pro
Download Tank Battlefield

:) Game Description

In tank battlefield, you and the enemy each take turns. All you tanks can move once and attack once per turn. Some tanks can move far, some can shoot far, and other types of tanks cannot. Some tanks have special abilities. Try to make strategies to beat the enemy!

:) Screenshots
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

:D Download Link
Download Tank Battlefield

Thanks for trying my game. Please post any comments, bugs, suggestions, etc.

Edited by d41, 03 August 2007 - 11:14 PM.

#2 Lcldlstheway

Lcldlstheway

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 266 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 10:38 PM

great job, one of the best I've seen so far, actually, for GM.
Also, you could fix the fact that sometimes I'm going against 0HP enemies.

Edited by Lcldlstheway, 19 July 2007 - 01:36 PM.

#3 d41

d41

GMC Member

• 526 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 04:27 PM

great job, one of the best I've seen so far, actually, for GM.
Also, you could fix the fact that sometimes I'm going against 0HP enemies.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks! :D Glad you liked it... :P

As for the 0HP comment, I don't really see what is wrong with it. If I change it, then 1HP will become just as frustrating as 0HP,

BTW: I'm going to be gone for about a week, so I will not be able to reply to any posts for a week

Edited by d41, 05 August 2008 - 09:14 PM.

#4 [Cool*Beat]

[Cool*Beat]

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 141 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 08:17 PM

good game i completed !!!

#5 Goldfish

Goldfish

GMC Member

• 129 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:46 PM

A very enjoyable game. I liked the variety of tanks and it was easy to see which type, was which and the range and movement of each tank was well chosen.

Have you considered adding some features to the battle field, walls, buildings, trees, etc, to make the battles more tactical.

Rob. :(

#6 d41

d41

GMC Member

• 526 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 05:17 PM

,Jul 19 2007, 01:06 PM]
good game i completed !!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:( Thanks

A very enjoyable game. I liked the variety of tanks and it was easy to see which type, was which and the range and movement of each tank was well chosen.

Have you considered adding some features to the battle field, walls, buildings, trees, etc, to make the battles more tactical.

Rob. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks. Things like walls, buildings and trees are kinda hard because of how I programmed the AI. And I don't feel like reprogramming it. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

I'm thinking I might add some sort of multiplayer mode (someone requested it in the YoYoGames post). Any ideas? Should I make a thing where you can place tanks on the battlefield and then fight?

#7 th15

th15

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1585 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 29 July 2007 - 08:29 AM

Always good to see a new TBS. Could do with more depth though. Different attack types, different armour types and different armour values for each facing to really get the feel of a tank battle.

Sean 'th15' Chan
site_logo.gif

#8 thetagames

thetagames

Informatikmeister

• GMC Member
  • 1005 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 02:02 PM

This is pretty cool. The interface is quick and easy-to-use, and the AI is very well done. At the moment, it is pretty limited, and the strategy is relatively straightforward. I agree with th15, different attack types would improve it greatly. You could have the different types of tanks have two or three shell types to choose from. The shells could vary from a wide area of effect (would hurt neighboring tanks) to a high powered, single attack. You could even have a self-destruct attack, which would kill you and damage all neighboring tanks in a big explosion.

This is pretty sweet, though. I was once thinking of making a turn-based tank game based on a grid, much like a board game. Good job!

~ thetagames

Edited by thetagames, 29 July 2007 - 02:03 PM.

#9 d41

d41

GMC Member

• 526 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 10:18 PM

Thanks for your comments and ideas.

I know this is a "completed game" (and I thought is was when I posted it) but you people have some good ideas, so I'm thinking of doing some more stuff.

How about this: I add a multiplayer mode where you can place tanks however you want, and then fight each other on the same computer. They could also place different numbers of tanks to allow for handicaps and custom battles.

I would also add a "second story" which will have more tanks and be harder and I could use some of your ideas. I could have tanks that can shoot and hurt enemies near the explosion. And I could also have tanks that can self destruct but cannot shoot. I could also have some other types of tanks. I could also have some that can only move/turn a 90* angles... etc...

#10 [Cool*Beat]

[Cool*Beat]

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 141 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 05:24 PM

Will there be a new version? like Tank Battlefield 2? can add like more stuff and improve the grapich & effect!!!

I will want to play it again hahahaha :>

#11 d41

d41

GMC Member

• 526 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 07:05 PM

I don't know. I may make a new version. For now, I am going to program a simple TBS example, as some people asked me for one after I posted this game.

If I do make a new version, all I'm going to do is add multiplayer, then add another story with more levels and new tanks. e.g. Normal mode (which I already have) and Hard mode. Each would contain 10 levels. Normal mode would have up to 5 types of tanks, like it already does, and then hard mode would contain up to 8 types of tanks.

#12 d41

d41

GMC Member

• 526 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 11:11 PM

Ok, here is the finished TBS example. I took the engine out of this game and put it into an example.
http://gmc.yoyogames...0

Edited by d41, 04 August 2007 - 04:22 PM.