Version 0.2:

File Size: 2.35 MB
GM Version: GM7
Changes Screen Resolution: no
Screenshots: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

Download (.zip)
Download (.rar)

Video on YouTube

This is the Fire Emblem game I have in the works. What you see here is all by me, the programming that is. All sprites and music goes to Intelligent Systems at Nintendo. However, in the near future I will have some aspects of the game done by the help of a little team going on for the game. I have the basic battle scenes done, and the map screen with all the movement. It will stop after the map characters reach their destination and you will have to go back. The map and battle room are not connected yet, this is just to show you what I have so far. As well, the map tileset is all 8-Bit and simple. The main room you see at the start is what it will soon look like.

The battle scenes have a change to them that will potentially make this games battle system more sweeter then the GBA games. When you equip a different weapon (ex. between iron sword and silver sword) the weapon they will be holding will always look different. Each weapon has its own battle sprite and it is draw separately into the animation. With the GBA battle sprites you might think would be hard, what with all the motion blurs of the weapons. Well, I have that covered. I have an effect that blurs the weapon when it needs to in the animation.

Posted Image
Cavalier sprite properties
Weapon sprite properties

The music in the game are chiptunes and are played with Shaltif's Xtreeme Music and Sound DLL. The problem is, the chiptunes might slow down the FPS on a slower computer. It bothers me allot when is doesn't play at 60 FPS on the map. Luckily the battle scenes are set at 30 FPS, so there shouldn't be a performance drop there. There is a problem with the chiptunes however. It will all of a sudden stop the tune at a certain point while you are playing. I have to look at the scripts allot further to make it loop properly, but for now just enjoy the real music from Fire Emblem 5. For version 0.2 I took out the chiptunes and the music entirely just for now, it made the file size smaller and it will run better.

2000 Downloads and Continuing

If you support the production of this game, then please add this to you signature.
[url="http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=313154&hl="]
[img]http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/2574/491215203964ew3.png[/img][/url]

Edited by Jyro, 05 February 2010 - 07:07 AM.

NES engines in progress-(Final Fantasy, Super Mario Bro's 3, Metroid)
Jyro-(creating platform engine, designing sprites)
Fire Emblem-(team at Forum, basic engine created, in progress)
----6 Years GM Experience----
--------I am Registered--------

#2 koradek

koradek

GMC Member

• 33 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 01:12 AM

wont let me download

#3 Jyro

Jyro

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 115 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 01:25 AM

wont let me download

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well then something is wrong with your internet, because it works for everyone i know who tries it.

#4 kelson

kelson

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 328 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 01:36 AM

well its not very good yet but it could be a good game this will take time and effort. good luck!
Posted Image

#5 Jyro

Jyro

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 115 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 02:16 AM

well its not very good yet but it could be a good game this will take time and effort. good luck!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well I highly disagree with not very good part, I'm guessing you don't like Fire Emblem and don't know the game at all. Well, at least you are right with it being good with allot of time and effort.

#6 Sulfuric

Sulfuric

Nintendo Worshiper

• 1353 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 02:30 AM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well I highly disagree with not very good part, I'm guessing you don't like Fire Emblem and don't know the game at all. Well, at least you are right with it being good with allot of time and effort.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He really can't say that considering how long this must have taken. I don't really see how being able to see the actual weapon you're using is considered a "twist" and will make the game better than the GBA versions. It's a nice touch though.

Posted Image
Check out my website (above) for finished and upcoming games.
Solar Blue-The Mansion-God's Watch
Note: My name has changed. My old name was STARFOXROX.

#7 Jyro

Jyro

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 115 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 02:41 AM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He really can't say that considering how long this must have taken. I don't really see how being able to see the actual weapon you're using is considered a "twist" and will make the game better than the GBA versions. It's a nice touch though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, it will definitely make the weapons way more sweeter. It will take the battle system and make it not only with insane animations from the GBA FE games but will make it look greater with really sweet weapons. Try picturing the Swordsmaster do a critical with a different sword depending what is equipped, like a killer sword or a legendary weapon, that would look absolutely deadly.
And it would be pretty hard actually making it better than the GBA games or as good for that matter :lol: But it will be fun to see what it will turn out like with that addition to the battle system.

#8 Kilik 64

Kilik 64

Fire Emblem King

• 917 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 03:35 AM

Hey there. I'm actually making a fire Emblem game myself. I think it was an ok start, but it needs alot of work. You think that your fighting is gonna rock because each weapon looks unique. However, the character mugs and sprites were taken straight other GBA games. Not even recolored. Also, you need to implement enemies and create some actual combat. However, it is a very nice start...

#9 Jyro

Jyro

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 115 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 04:35 AM

Hey there. I'm actually making a fire Emblem game myself. I think it was an ok start, but it needs alot of work. You think that your fighting is gonna rock because each weapon looks unique. However, the character mugs and sprites were taken straight other GBA games. Not even recolored. Also, you need to implement enemies and create some actual combat. However, it is a very nice start...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, Isn't this awesome, someone else who knows how hard it is to make a Fire Emblem game. So how far are you man, do you have half as much as i have done?
Besides that, The mugs, sprites, and music are just placeholders at the moment, they are just put in there to show you what I have done with programming.

#10 Kilik 64

Kilik 64

Fire Emblem King

• 917 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 06:37 AM

My game doesn't have much programmed, but other things are farther along than in yours. Also, I don't thin you've figured out how much space the graphics will take. For every single character sheet, you must make a seperate version with each weapon. So, let's take the class called paladin. Paladins can use swords, axes, and lances. Let's assume there are 10 of each type of weapon in your game. Each paladin in your game will require 30 complete sheets.

Also, even you have some way to avoid this, the file size generated from your graphics will still be much bigger than mine. Also, the motion blur doesn't really look all that good. This weapon change idea (which was done in the GCN Fire Emblem, so its not original) isn't really as good as you first thought.

I realize how much more work a Fire Emblem fangame takes compared to other fangames, but this means that you need to spend even more time planning and working on stuff.

#11 Magdreamer

Magdreamer

GMC Member

• 89 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 10:29 AM

Interesting idea, I tried your demo, seems like you are using the old Super Nintendo fire emblem tiles instead of the GBA versions. I love Fire Emblem and I'd love to see this finished.

#12 TCGamer

TCGamer

Zelda Freak

• 723 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 12:11 PM

Pretty nice, but it all needs to be smithed together. And I didn't know what to do next when I let a character walk on the map, if I clicked the LMB, nothing happened, and when I clicked the RMB he got back to his previous position.

I suggest you drop the idea of the unique weapons, it looks ugly and I probably won't care much about it. It will just require a lot of work. And please change the resolution to the GBA resolution, that will look much nicer.

#13 drazzke

drazzke

GMC Member

• 1084 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 12:59 PM

Vary Nice!

Fire emblem is one of my fav games! Cant wait to see how this one turns out!

Noel Berry | Portfolio | Twitter | Leap4Blue
Game Maker | PHP/MYSQL | HTML/CSS | Flash/AS3

#14 Kilik 64

Kilik 64

Fire Emblem King

• 917 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 03:55 PM

Yeah... unfortunately, the weapons the people are holding doesn't matter to most FE fans. They care about the story and the tactical battles the most. The amount of work that would need would lead to a nice touch, but it would be largely unrewarding. It was my initial idea to do the same thing, but I ended up dropping it.

Still, it's a good start. Can't wait to see more!

P.S. Another programmer would be great for my team. Perhaps I can interesting taking joining our projects? PM me if you wanna talk more about it...

#15 Jyro

Jyro

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 115 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 05:08 AM

Well, let me tell you that I do not need a seperate sprite sheet for every weapon, and it isn't alot of work to have them with different weapons. I just need one animation and it will work for all the weapons. The weapons are drawn in as a different sprite so I just need a sprite disarmed and animated and it will work for all weapons, so long as the variables are plugged in for every frame. And that part is not hard either.

#16 TriggerX

TriggerX

GMC Member

• 1280 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 05:14 AM

Meh I dont see why everyone is complaining, the weapon switching is good and adds something the normal fireemblem games dont.

And the sprites are ripped and from the gba game.
Anyways thats a good thing, because all the sprites actually look like they are of decent quality.

Anyways its a good start continue on it.

#17 Marchal_Mig12

Marchal_Mig12

The Rhouan

• GMC Member
  • 1182 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 17 July 2007 - 05:51 AM

Completly awsome engine. May be long though!

#18 TCGamer

TCGamer

Zelda Freak

• 723 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 10:13 AM

Well, let me tell you that I do not need a seperate sprite sheet for every weapon, and it isn't alot of work to have them with different weapons. I just need one animation and it will work for all the weapons. The weapons are drawn in as a different sprite so I just need a sprite disarmed and animated and it will work for all weapons, so long as the variables are plugged in for every frame. And that part is not hard either.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If it's not too much work, it would be an interesting feature, maybe you could go even further and let some characters deal extra damage with their 'favourite' weapon?

#19 Jyro

Jyro

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 115 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 06:38 PM

Well, I think the next thing i will work on is having each different weapon have its stats programmed in and when they change, the damage and all that will change as well. I would also like to add in having the map commands and having it connected to the battle scenes.

The thing with this new feature is that it really isn't that hard to make anymore. I have pre-programmed almost all the scripts needed and it is programmer friendly becouse I just need to type out a few numbers for each frame. Some people might not like it, some might think it's really cool, but it will definately make people want to download it and try it out.

#20 TriggerX

TriggerX

GMC Member

• 1280 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 06:41 PM

well keep at it then, itll be good to see a fire emblem game on the forums.

#21 Keitaro-Kun

Keitaro-Kun

GMC Member

• 1002 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 07:17 PM

battle scene look great.
cant wait to see it done.

#22 Jyro

Jyro

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 115 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 09:14 PM

Yea, I havn't seen any Fire Emblem fan games on this forum, or anywhere for that matter. I've seen people who want to make one, and they get all the sprites and story and all that, but noone who actually programs one.

#23 Lord Alfred

Lord Alfred

GMC Member

• 322 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 06:43 AM

Wow, looks like it will be better than the actual game! FINISH THIS!!!

#24 Kilik 64

Kilik 64

Fire Emblem King

• 917 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 03:31 PM

@TriggerX: Just so we're clear... I do support this game, and I love the idea. I also wasn't complaining about the different weapons things, as I was thinking of doin it myself. I was simply warning him of some of the problem I encountered when I tried before, namely the crapload of work to make them and the file size. Although I'm still not sure about the file size bit, he seems to have found a solution to those problems, so he should go for it....

@Jyro: I have searched as well, and found no FE fangames anywhere. I was able to locate a couple FE engines in progress, though. Vanadia and Tactics Heroes. Both of them seem to be around the same point. They have basic combat in, but not all of the classes, leveling up, cutscenes. You can't really make a game with either engine, but you can replace their test sprites with FE ones and have invidual battles. they really can't do much right now. But you can still check them out if you're interested.

@Lord Alfred: Wait, seeing different weapons makes this better than the FE7? You don't even the know story, how long it is, or anything for that matter. you sound like one of those people who buys anything that shines and glows without knowing what it is, lol.

#25 Jyro

Jyro

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 115 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 04:53 PM

Hey kilik, lay low on the negativity here. Some people love the idea, some don't think it's necisary.
As for the amount of work it is, I have already done all the work that needs to be done, from here on in that whole weapon system will be very very easy. So you just thinking that it was too hard, and me actually doing it and sucessfully finishing it, what does that say about which game is gona be better and more well done.
Anywyas, I/we have a forum for out team so far, if anyone is interested in seeing what the game will look like at its current situation, check out the forum.
FE GM Procreation

Edited by Jyro, 07 October 2007 - 11:02 PM.

#26 Kilik 64

Kilik 64

Fire Emblem King

• 917 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 05:27 PM

Nothing I have said was overtly negative. It might not have been what you wanted to hear, but that does mean it's bad. I was simply stating what I think about the game, which is feedback. Which is what your thread is for, no? Since you apprarently know me, you should know that I would never outright dis your game just because you are doing the same thing as me. I actually enjoyed the demo, and the fact that this is being made. I get to see and learn about what you did different from me, and it also makes the task look less impossible when I know that others are doing it.

As for your "which game will be better" theory, let me politely set you straight. I had the idea in my head, and some of the other staff members agreed with me. I thought it would be hard to do, but my programmer also said that it was not. However, he didn't see it as something worth putting the time to do, as there were other things he had in mind. So... yeah. It says nothing about which game is better and more well done, as we simply chose not to do it.

#27 Jyro

Jyro

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 115 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 06:07 PM

So those other things you had in mind, are they finished? Or are they too hard for you too.
Anyways, lets forget about this conflict, thanks for the feedback. I plan to work further on this game soon, and when I get something more done, I'll upload it again.

#28 Geou

Geou

Pronounced Jee-Oh

• 714 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 06:54 PM

This game seems to be off to a solid start, and everything looks pretty polished. However, it's odd how that you can see the mouse during dialogue, and the game needs more "oomph" when striking an opoonent. Maybe like a small screen shake or a more intense sound effect.

Naruto: Ninja Way - Version 9! [active]: Version 9+ is finally out! Enjoy 4 new characters, 5 new stages, and customizable health!
Do you like Naruto: Ninja Way? Visit the forums.
| Youtube Trailer! (version 8)

#29 Jyro

Jyro

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 115 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 10:17 PM

Yea, I still have to add in the strinking effect. The screen will shake and a little effect will come from the weapon. Me and the guys on the team are discussing putting gore into the attacks, haha. We might.

#30 Kilik 64

Kilik 64

Fire Emblem King

• 917 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 11:27 PM

What new gameplay elements are you adding here? Those are what I'm really interested in, not the weapons used or gore(which I don't agree with, by the way) Are you going to have class branching, like in Sacred Stones? Any new classes at all? Perhaps the biorhythmn from Path of Radiance? (I hope not) Special abilities unique to each class? Weather directly affecting the battlefield? Showing me those kinds of things as the highlight of your demo would be 1000x better.

So those other things you had in mind, are they finished? Or are they too hard for you too.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As I told you via PM, your engine is father along than ours. So, the answer is no, not complete yet. As for it being to hard, I'm not the programmer, so that's not reall an appropiate question for me to answer (although i'm faily certian he would say no). Now, back to your game, shall we?

#31 Jyro

Jyro

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 115 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 08:32 PM

Well, I will very likely have new classes.
These are two complete customs that I have done myself.

Posted Image Sentinal
Posted Image Brawler (Enlarged)

We will likely have the skill system that PoR has, and we will have the class branching that SS has. No biorhythmn. And we will have weather effecting the maps on certain chapters.

Update: I have completed the weapon changing system.
Picture 1
Picture 2

#32 Kilik 64

Kilik 64

Fire Emblem King

• 917 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 10:20 PM

1. Is it just me, or is that Vinal Lance somewhat blurry?
2. Those customs are very good, although the Brawler's stance is odd. It looks like he's leaning forward instead of standing straight up.
3. If you're going to have class branching(which is a really good idea), then this seems like a good time to address problems SS had, so you don't make those mistakes. For the most part, characters either A) were only good in one of the possible classes or B)had promoted choices that were so similar that there was point between which one you chose.
4. The skill system from PoR was really cool, and I'm glad you're using it. I can't wait to see what new skills you make up for this. Although some skills wee better than others, I liked the variety. However, there's one problem regarding the ultimate skills. Many were of no use to the characters who had them. Remember Mist and her skill Sol?
5. If you take care of those couple of poblems, your game should be great!!! By the way, any gameplay elements never before seen in Fire Emblem?

#33 Jyro

Jyro

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 115 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 06:10 AM

Gameplay elements, well, we will have to see. All this stuff you are asking and wondering about, its kinda far off. I mean, first things first, all the basic programming and engine needs to be completed, and that is hard enough as it is. So all these elements that are additional to the game, can be discussed/added when the basic game engine is completed.

The brawler, now that you mentioned it, can be edited maybe. This guy is most likely going to have iron fists and claws (like voldo off of soul caliber)

#34 Kilik 64

Kilik 64

Fire Emblem King

• 917 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 04:44 PM

1. Yeah, but it's better I tell you now and you know ahead of time instead of me telling you after you get past that point. :D

2. LSrocks is a programmer for us and also a member here. So... should you get stuck on something, trying PMing him for a solution.

3. Here is a wonderful site for soem information you may need, such as battle calculations....

#35 Jyro

Jyro

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 115 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 07:19 PM

Buddy, I'm way ahead of you, In case you havn't noticed, I have all the battle calculations already programmed into it. And as for LSrocks, tell him to PM me if he gets stuck, becouse I have absolutely no problem with making any 2D game, I have worked pass everything I've come across, but I tell you, it was not easy, so tell him if he gets stuck to ask me what the solution is.
I already have serenes forest in my favorites, I used it for the battle calculations already.

#36 Jyro

Jyro

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 115 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 06:14 AM

Sorry about the negative responces Kilik, it is not necisary.
I am dieing to see someone else get this far though. I havn't seen it done anywhere else, other than countless people saying they would love to do it, and are looking so hard for someone else to do it becosue they think its easy. But I still want to see someone else get this far...
How have the past months been on your game Kilik?

#37 degenx2

degenx2

GMC Member

• 68 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 09:00 AM

Wow... Just Wow

You've obviously put a TON of effort into this game. And I can tell that you're a skilled programmer. I love the FE games and I DO like your idea for Weapon Changes. But your attitude is so atrocious towards others who offer constructive criticism for your work. Nearly every post you've made towards Kilik has been egoistic and downright ungrateful (and a little in reverse too). I suggest if you want people to be interested in your project you try and discuss it and take on board their ideas, rather than acting like you're a better programmer than everybody else on this forum combined.

#38 Kilik 64

Kilik 64

Fire Emblem King

• 917 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 10:39 PM

Sorry about the negative responces Kilik, it is not necisary.
I am dieing to see someone else get this far though. I havn't seen it done anywhere else, other than countless people saying they would love to do it, and are looking so hard for someone else to do it becosue they think its easy. But I still want to see someone else get this far...
How have the past months been on your game Kilik?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Crappy. My teachers have this theory that I have no life outside of school, and that i will be sitting around with nothing to do if they don't give me work....

As for anyone else getting this far, there's me, you, Tactics Heroes, Vanadia, and some person who PMed me the other day.

Say, you a new demo ready for this?

Edited by Kilik 64, 05 October 2007 - 10:42 PM.

#39 Jyro

Jyro

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 115 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 10:23 PM

Say, you a new demo ready for this?

I'm sorry, what are you asking?

And degenx2, you are right, I have been really harsh. Ahaha, I realized that just a while ago... And I am willing to take any constructive critisism now. And thanks for your post.

Edited by Jyro, 07 October 2007 - 10:25 PM.

#40 Jyro

Jyro

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 115 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 06:23 AM

Bump :P
All constructive criticism accepted.
And I will update the engine soon.

#41 Mailas

Mailas

Send in the Mail

• GMC Member
  • 5900 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 04 January 2008 - 06:50 AM

Please make it vista compatible.

omQasih.jpg

#42 Jyro

Jyro

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 115 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:18 AM

I will make it vista compatible when I update it.
I'll do that as soon as I can.
Potentially within the next 4 days.

#43 Orangetails

Orangetails

GMC Member

• 21 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 09:01 PM

Omg...Fire Emblem... *Jumps off walls*
[insert 100 lines of giberish here of saying how I love Fire Emblem]

Btw, is the change weapons thing just like Lyndis in Blazing Swords? When she uses her Soul Katti she has a diffrent animation, and when she uses a normal weapon, she has a diffrent animation? Adapting from that Idea? (xD I got Lyndis to a level 20 Lord before chapter 18. xD) Also, I love the combat way. Will it have more... 'unique' stuff in this game? like more Magic Books, more Lances, Swords, and Axe's? (Like a Mourning Star! ((Falls under Axe))) Oh, I just can't wait! You have my support. I also like how you animated the new class in page 2. Really nice. I'd love to help (But, I have my own game to work on. :)). xD My main concern, is it going to have Secret Shops, hidden items in deserts, so on? Keep going! :huh:

Edited by Orangetails, 04 January 2008 - 09:02 PM.

#44 Jyro

Jyro

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 115 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 01:38 AM

Oh man, good to hear from ya.
And to answer your concern, Hidden shops will be the best part...
Weapons are so easy to add, its unreal.
Take a look at this:
Posted Image
weapon_name          = "Vinal Lance"

sprite_set_alpha_from_sprite(spa_spr_vinal,sam_spr_vinal)
weapon_amspr    = spa_spr_vinal
weapon_sprite   = spr_spr_vinal
weapon_smspr    = spm_spr_vinal

weapon_mask_type     = "Lance"
weapon_skill         = 1
weapon_range         = 1
weapon_weight        = 15
weapon_might         = 6
weapon_hit           = 85
weapon_critical      = 5
weapon_type          = "Great Lance"
Thats all it takes to add a new weapon.
And the rest is already done.
If you want to check it out, I know you want to, you can draw a weapon of your own, give me these stats, and I'll throw it in there and upload the updated game with it in it.
So you can expect a lot of unique items and weapons. If I felt like it, I could make a branch off of the weapon triangle and make it more dynamic with maces, flails and other weapons.

Edited by Jyro, 05 January 2008 - 01:39 AM.

#45 Orangetails

Orangetails

GMC Member

• 21 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 04:35 AM

weapon_name          = "Winged Pole-Axe"

sprite_set_alpha_from_sprite(spa_spr_winged_pole-axe,sam_spr_winged_pole-axe)
weapon_amspr    = spa_spr_winged_pole-axe
weapon_sprite   = spr_spr_winged_pole-axe
weapon_smspr    = spm_spr_winged_pole-axe

weapon_skill         = 1
weapon_range         = 1-2
weapon_weight        = 18
weapon_might         = 6
weapon_hit           = 65
weapon_critical      = 7
weapon_type          = "Fallen Lance"

Posted Image

Correction: Best...FE...creation...ever... *raids paint and grabs all the weapons he needs.* Time to bring it alive!!!

EDIT: I think I did it right. xD

Edited by Orangetails, 21 January 2008 - 04:28 AM.

#46 Jyro

Jyro

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 115 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 05:13 AM

-_- WOW
Thats awesome!!!
I'm impressed man, thats really good!
So good, It's worth adding into the game right now.

#47 Orangetails

Orangetails

GMC Member

• 21 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 05:15 AM

Natural creative skills pay off all the time. xD

Edit: It didn't take long to do, Just need the perfect base, then add on to it. -_-

Edited by Orangetails, 05 January 2008 - 05:25 AM.

#48 Sulfuric

Sulfuric

Nintendo Worshiper

• 1353 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 06:34 AM

weapon_name          = "Soul Wrath"

sprite_set_alpha_from_sprite(...,...)
weapon_amspr    = spa_spr_winged_pole-axe
weapon_sprite   = spr_spr_winged_pole-axe
weapon_smspr    = spm_spr_winged_pole-axe

weapon_skill         = //Don't really know what this number is supposed to be
weapon_range         = 2
weapon_weight        = 35
weapon_might         = //Same here
weapon_hit           = 120
weapon_critical      = 14
weapon_type          = "Heavy Sword"

Yeah... A lot of those statistics can be changed to your liking (that is if you use the sword -_-). I hope you keep the name though (if you use the sword :P).

Posted Image

You may have to flip it so it fits your needs, and feel free to edit it, just keep the same look please (if you use the sword ;)).

Edited by STARFOXROX, 05 January 2008 - 09:30 PM.

Posted Image
Check out my website (above) for finished and upcoming games.
Solar Blue-The Mansion-God's Watch
Note: My name has changed. My old name was STARFOXROX.

#49 Zezuken

Zezuken

AKA: Warriorccc0

• GMC Member
  • 2799 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 05 January 2008 - 06:57 AM

Its pretty nice, i've been thinking about making a fire emblem game sometimes but never did. I especially like the weapon system, although the weapons look somewhat odd. Also you should make the map sprites match the rest of the games sprites.

#50 slug_man

slug_man

GMC Member

• 1 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 04:23 AM

Thanks for your help guys.

I've been working on this with Jyro but I'm fairly new to GM.