Thanks. Apshai looks far more complex than CoD. Gotta check it out...
1. Yeah, I'll throw in a story for the final release.
2. Good idea, actually. Could help to keep it a little more fresh.
3. There isn't any leveling system.
4. There isn't any more bolts for it in the crypts, so it's meant to be a weapon that can get you out of a tight situation.
5. Well... I'll give it a thought. Some scrolls, maybe.
6. No merchants in the crypts. At least for now.
I love the classic feel. Reminds me of the C64 days, actually more like the VIC-20 days. This would have given Temple of Apshai a run for it's money. Unfortunately, most on this forum have no idea what I'm talking about.
For the critique:
1. I know its a dungeon hack, but give us a some what of a story.
2. Vary the color of the levels
3. I didn't understand the leveling system , is it functional?
4. Cross-bow is way overpowered.
5. How about some spells.
6. What good is the gold, except for score, can you go back to merchant, or is there a wandering merchant?
7. How bout a torch to burn through webs.
Jus ta few items, but some things I think would help. This game is pretty neat, and it proves, you don't need flash to make a good game.